THE SABBATH IS GOD'S 4th COMMANDMENT - WHERE IS THE SCRIPTURE THAT SAYS IT IS ABOLISHED?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dkh587

Supporter
Jun 6, 2014
Southeast
✟552,407.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
And Christ is GOD so his law is supreme.
Then you must think God is bipolar if he gave commandments to his people, and then comes in the flesh thousands of years later and says “okay guys those commandments are old. No need to do them anymore”

But thank God we have the Old and New Testament to know that’s not the case :)

• Agree
Reactions: LoricaLady
Upvote 0

Ken Rank

Supporter
Jan 12, 2014
Winchester, KENtucky
✟308,895.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Paul specifically said that no sodomite has an inheritance in the kingdom of GOD. So the faith itself (the teachings of Christ and his apostles) is not lawless by any means. Neither is it the law of Moses.
Like I said, you are welcome to believe whatever you want. Be blessed.

Upvote 0

Ken Rank

Supporter
Jan 12, 2014
Winchester, KENtucky
✟308,895.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Then you must think God is bipolar if he gave commandments to his people, and then comes in the flesh thousands of years later and says “okay guys those commandments are old. No need to do them anymore”

As if He got them wrong the first time and had to try again? I've actually heard it preached that way... talking about profaning His name....ignorantly, unknowingly... but it is profaning His name.

Upvote 0

Dkh587

Supporter
Jun 6, 2014
Southeast
✟552,407.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Paul specifically said that no sodomite has an inheritance in the kingdom of GOD. So the faith itself (the teachings of Christ and his apostles) is not lawless by any means. Neither is it the law of Moses.
your faith is lawless if you disregard the law of God and don’t obey His commandments.

Upvote 0

LoricaLady

YHWH's
Supporter
Jul 27, 2009
Ohio
✟1,073,277.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
From Acts 6:

8 And Stephen, full of grace and power, was doing great wonders and signs among the people. 9 Then some of those who belonged to the synagogue of the Freedmen (as it was called), and of the Cyrenians, and of the Alexandrians, and of those from Cilicia and Asia, rose up and disputed with Stephen. 10 But they could not withstand the wisdom and the Spirit with which he was speaking. 11 Then they secretly instigated men who said, “We have heard him speak blasphemous words against Moses and God.” 12 And they stirred up the people and the elders and the scribes, and they came upon him and seized him and brought him before the council, 13 and they set up false witnesses who said, “This man never ceases to speak words against this holy place and the law,14 for we have heard him say that this Jesus of Nazareth will destroy this place and will change the customs that Moses delivered to us.”

Speaking of the time after His Ascension, about the destruction of the Temple and sacking of Jerusalem, over 70 years ahead, Messiah said:
"Pray that your flight will not take place in winter or on the Sabbath."

If anyone wants to "interpret" the plain and obvious truths of these Scriptures I will not feel such attempts are worthy of a response Sorry.

Upvote 0

Ken Rank

Supporter
Jan 12, 2014
Winchester, KENtucky
✟308,895.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
From Acts 6:

8 And Stephen, full of grace and power, was doing great wonders and signs among the people. 9 Then some of those who belonged to the synagogue of the Freedmen (as it was called), and of the Cyrenians, and of the Alexandrians, and of those from Cilicia and Asia, rose up and disputed with Stephen. 10 But they could not withstand the wisdom and the Spirit with which he was speaking. 11 Then they secretly instigated men who said, “We have heard him speak blasphemous words against Moses and God.” 12 And they stirred up the people and the elders and the scribes, and they came upon him and seized him and brought him before the council, 13 and they set up false witnesses who said, “This man never ceases to speak words against this holy place and the law,14 for we have heard him say that this Jesus of Nazareth will destroy this place and will change the customs that Moses delivered to us.”

Speaking of the time after His Ascension, about the destruction of the Temple and sacking of Jerusalem, over 70 years ahead, Messiah said:
"Pray that your flight will not take place in winter or on the Sabbath."

If anyone wants to "interpret" the plain and obvious truths of these Scriptures I will not feel such attempts are worthy of a response Sorry.
Exactly... why would messiah warn us about praying that our flight not be on the Sabbath if there wasn't to be a Sabbath?

Upvote 0

LoricaLady

YHWH's
Supporter
Jul 27, 2009
Ohio
✟1,073,277.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Ooops i left a couple of Bible verses out We are told several times that "YHWH" aka God, "never changes."

We are also told in Psalms "I will not violate my covenant or alter what my lips have uttered."

What did His lips audibly utter at Mt. Sinai to the terrified Israelites below? The 10 Commandants, which included the Friday nightfall to Saturday nightfall Sabbath.

Again if you want to argue about the obvious, I don't, and will not respond. If someone can't see, or doesn't want to see, what the Bible clearly says, why should they listen to me?

Upvote 0

συνείδησις

¿uo buıob sı ʇɐɥʍ
Jun 10, 2018
SE
✟24,738.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

Not bipolar, but that's exactly what he did. The law was until the fullness who is Christ. The lawless ones are those who don't make the paradigm shift to follow the one who GOD sent after Moses. By that one's words the world will be judged. Even Moses knew that someone after him was coming to speak greater law. Woe unto those who follow Moses and not Christ!

I will raise up to them a prophet of their brethren, like thee [Moses]; and I will put my words in his mouth, and he shall speak to them as I shall command him. And whatever man shall not hearken to whatsoever words that prophet shall speak in my name, I will take vengeance on him. Deuteronomy 18:18-19

Upvote 0

Ken Rank

Supporter
Jan 12, 2014
Winchester, KENtucky
✟308,895.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
your faith is lawless if you disregard the law of God and don’t obey His commandments.
On this one I respectfully have to disagree. I don't think our friend lives lawlessly, I think he teaches lawlessness. But he isn't out (or shouldn't be) killing, stealing, serving other gods, etc. A Christian says, "the 10 commandments are not for today" and then, minus the sabbath which historically was on the 7th day and even when moved to Sunday by MAN they treated it like Sabbath.... they keep the others. He isn't lawless, but he pushes lawlessness. And I fear that Matthew 5 comes into play here:

Mat 5:19 Whoever therefore breaks one of the least of these commandments, and teaches men so, shall be called least in the kingdom of heaven; but whoever does and teaches them, he shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

Do them and teach them = great... don't do them and teach against them = least.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

συνείδησις

¿uo buıob sı ʇɐɥʍ
Jun 10, 2018
SE
✟24,738.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Exactly... why would messiah warn us about praying that our flight not be on the Sabbath if there wasn't to be a Sabbath?

He didn't warn us; he warned the disciples. That warning was specific to their time of trouble.

Upvote 0

Ken Rank

Supporter
Jan 12, 2014
Winchester, KENtucky
✟308,895.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Not bipolar, but that's exactly what he did. The law was until the fullness who is Christ.

No, the law was on stone until Christ, and his work coupled with God's grace and our faith take the very same directly to the mind and heart from the stone.

The 2 don't replace the 10 or 613... the 2 are the foundation for them all. My gosh.... living by the spirit of the law means living by the INTENT of it. Look at adultery... it isn't just doing the act but conceiving it or performing it in the heart is the SAME. Hating a brother is akin to murder... this is law, this is all the law EVER WAS but our modern Christian paradigm doesn't see it this way because hyper-grace preachers have convinced everyone that people like me preach "works unto salvation" which is nonsense!

Upvote 0

συνείδησις

¿uo buıob sı ʇɐɥʍ
Jun 10, 2018
SE
✟24,738.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Do them and teach them = great... don't do them and teach against them = least.

A great commandment of the law was circumcision (one of the greatest for even sabbaths were violated to circumcise a child), yet Paul taught that circumcision was nothing and taught against it. Will he be least in the kingdom?

Upvote 0

Ken Rank

Supporter
Jan 12, 2014
Winchester, KENtucky
✟308,895.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
He didn't warn us; he warned the disciples. That warning was specific to their time of trouble.
But... that was still after the cross... even if he was telling just them, even if that was tied to the destruction of the Temple... that would be AFTER the cross where you say this all was nailed. You got arrogant earlier about Sabbatarians unable to deal with your verse from Corinthians and you haven't given a consistent answer that stands harmonious to Scripture yet. You're just dogmatically repeating church bylaws that are not consistent with ALL of Scripture.

Upvote 0

Ken Rank

Supporter
Jan 12, 2014
Winchester, KENtucky
✟308,895.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
A great commandment of the law was circumcision (one of the greatest for even sabbaths were violated to circumcise a child), yet Paul taught that circumcision was nothing and taught against it. Will he be least in the kingdom?
He didn't teach against it... he said himself, just before he was killed, that he did NOT teach against the customs or Moses (an idiomatic reference to the law). What he taught against was circumcision unto salvation... go read the first 2 verses of Acts 15 and see what it was he took issue with. It is plain black and white...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

συνείδησις

¿uo buıob sı ʇɐɥʍ
Jun 10, 2018
SE
✟24,738.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
No, the law was on stone until Christ, and his work coupled with God's grace and our faith take the very same directly to the mind and heart from the stone.

The 2 don't replace the 10 or 613... the 2 are the foundation for them all. My gosh.... living by the spirit of the law means living by the INTENT of it. Look at adultery... it isn't just doing the act but conceiving it or performing it in the heart is the SAME. Hating a brother is akin to murder... this is law, this is all the law EVER WAS but our modern Christian paradigm doesn't see it this way because hyper-grace preachers have convinced everyone that people like me preach "works unto salvation" which is nonsense!

The two commands are not the foundation of the law, but the anchor upon which all the law hangs. Get rid of the law and the two commandments are still there. That is what is written on our hearts.

On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets. Matthew 22:40

Upvote 0

συνείδησις

¿uo buıob sı ʇɐɥʍ
Jun 10, 2018
SE
✟24,738.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
He didn't teach against it... he said himself, just before he was killed, that he did NOT teach against the customs or Moses (an idiomatic reference to the law). What he taught against was circumcision unto salvation... go read the first 2 verses of Acts 15 and see what it was he took issue with. It is plain black and white...

It's in his writings - circumcision is nothing. He taught gentiles against that commandment. It's clear as day.

Upvote 0

dqhall

Supporter
Jul 21, 2015
Florida
Visit site
✟766,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hello all,

This thread is for friendly discussion only. So please be nice here.

The challenge I am putting up here is for anyone to show even one scripture that says God's 4th Commandment of the 10 commandments (Exodus 20:8-11) which was spoken and written by God himself to his people, has been abolished and we are now commanded to keep Sunday as a Holy day.

Can anyone please show me where in all the bible does is say (SOLA SCRIPTURA; Scripture only please)...

1. That God's 4th commandments 7th day Sabbath has been abolished?

2. That Jesus is a Sabbath?

3. The Sabbath (seventh day) was ever changed from the seventh to the first day of the week?

4. Where we are told to keep the first day of the week holy?

5. Where the first day of the week (Sunday) is ever called a holy day?

6. That says that Jesus ever kept the first day (Sunday)?

7. That tells us to keep the first day in honour of the resurrection of Christ?

8. Where the first day is ever given any sacred name?

9. That affirms that any of the apostles ever kept the first day as the Sabbath?

10. From any apostolic writings that authorizes Sunday observance as the Sabbath of God?

11. Where we are told not to work on the first day of the week?

12. That says the seventh day is no longer God's Sabbath day?

13. That says the seventh day Sabbath is ABOLISHED?

14. Where the apostles ever taught any convert to keep the first day of the week as a Sabbath?

15. Where the first day was ever appointed to be kept as the Lord's Day?

16. Where the first day of the week is ever called the Lord's Day?

17. That says that the first day of the week was ever sanctified and hallowed as a day of rest?

18. That says that the Father or the Son (Jesus) rested on the first day of the week?

19. That says that Jesus, Paul or any other of the apostles taught anyone to observe the first day of the week as the Sabbath?

20. That calls the seventh day the “Jewish Sabbath” or one text that calls Sunday the “Christian Sabbath”?

21. Telling man to keep the first day of the week holy or to worship or rest on the first day of the week?

22. Authorizing anyone to set aside God's Sabbath and observe any other day?

23. Showing any of the apostles keeping the first day of the week as the Sabbath?

24. Authorizing someone to set aside the fourth Commandment and observe any other day of the week?

25. Where any apostle taught us to keep the first day of the week as the Sabbath?

26. Declaring that the seventh day is no longer the Eternal Sabbath day?

27. Where Sunday is now appointed to be kept as the New Testament Sabbath or holy day?

Something to think about here because we are all accountable to God come judgment day where we will all be judged by the Word of God (John 12:47-48).

God's Word makes it very clear that if we follow the teachings of men over the Word of God we are not following God...

MATTHEW 15:3-9 [3],
[3], But he answered and said unto them, Why do you also transgress the commandment of God by your tradition?
[4], For God commanded, saying, Honor your father and mother: and, He that curses father or mother, let him die the death.
[5], But you say, Whosoever shall say to his father or his mother, It is a gift devoted to God, whatsoever you might have received from me;
[6], And honors not his father or his mother, he shall be free. Thus have you made the commandment of God void by your tradition.
[7], You hypocrites, well did Isaiah prophesy of you, saying,
[8], These people draw near unto me with their mouth, and honor me with their lips; but their heart is far from me.
[9], But in vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.

If we are KNOWINGLY breaking ANY of God's commandments we are not worshipping God.

Look forward to your thoughts...

Jesus worked during the Sabbath by healing him - Mark 3:1-6.
The Jews accused Jesus of apostasy for healing is not allowed on the Sabbath.

Mark 2:23-27 World English Bible - Public Domain
23 He was going on the Sabbath day through the grain fields, and his disciples began, as they went, to pluck the ears of grain. 24 The Pharisees said to him, “Behold, why do they do that which is not lawful on the Sabbath day?”

25 He said to them, “Did you never read what David did, when he had need, and was hungry—he, and those who were with him? 26 How he entered into God’s house when Abiathar was high priest, and ate the show bread, which is not lawful to eat except for the priests, and gave also to those who were with him?” 27 He said to them, “The Sabbath was made for man, not man for the Sabbath.

As previously mentioned, the apostles decided the Gentile believers should not bear the burden of trying to keep the entire law (Acts 15)

Jews in Israel do not keep the law. Their own government does not allow animal sacrifice on the Temple mount. They also keep some gas stations and hospitals open on the seventh day. Their army does not rest during Sabbath (Shabaht). If they had not gone to battle on the Sabbath, the Arabs would have forced them out. A rabbi was paid to speak in his synagogue during the Sabbath. He was paid because it was work.

Upvote 0

Ken Rank

Supporter
Jan 12, 2014
Winchester, KENtucky
✟308,895.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The two commands are not the foundation of the law, but the anchor upon which all the law hangs. Get rid of the law and the two commandments are still there. That is what is written on our hearts.

On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets. Matthew 22:40
If Yeshua said, "upon these two hang ALL OF THE LAW AND PROPHETS," then loving God and loving neighbor are the foundation upon which the law and prophets, in their totality, are given. If you reduce them all, you get love God or neighbor. "Do not steal," why... because if you love your neighbor you would take what is his. "Do not murder" because, likewise, if you love neighbor you will not kill him... or even hate him as in God's eyes to hate is to kill. Reduce ANY commandment and you will end up with one of those two so they ARE the foundation upon which the rest are built.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.