The richest states voted Democrat. The poorest states voted Republican.

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,100,393.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
I don’t equate lack of oversight with freedom. Even Christianity teaches that there is freedom to be found in limitations.

It does.

Deuteronomy 27:17 ‘Cursed is he who moves his neighbor’s boundary mark.’ And all the people shall say, ‘Amen.’

Upvote 0

Jonathan Walkerin

Feb 12, 2019
Stockholm
✟72,396.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Where I'm from, Ive known Christians who battled for years to home school, to no avail.

Are these freedoms same for everyone in your state ?

Would Muslims be able to start some hard line Wahhabist brain washing operation just as well ?

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,100,393.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Are these freedoms same for everyone in your state ?

Would Muslims be able to start some hard line Wahhabist brain washing operation just as well ?

Do you believe that it's the State's job to teach a parent's child how to worship?

Upvote 0

Jonathan Walkerin

Feb 12, 2019
Stockholm
✟72,396.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Do you believe that it's the State's job to teach a parent's child how to worship?

Do you believe Wahhabist Madras teaching people ultra conservative Islam and hatred for their neighbors is OK just because their parents were cool with the idea ?

Upvote 0

driewerf

a day at the Zoo
Mar 7, 2010
✟260,884.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
College is supposed to be for learning facts, not indoctrination. But it's a fact that the majority of college professors lean left and aren't shy about showing it.
I'm not against education. I'm against indoctrination into anti American, anti God views.
Fine, and what are you for?

Upvote 0

Jonathan Walkerin

Feb 12, 2019
Stockholm
✟72,396.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
To imply that if you don't go to college you can't be those things is really quite foolish and ignorant.

Nobody is implying you can’t be those things if you don’t go to college.

Everyone can totally make lots of money , have a wide ranging interests, be a savvy international traveler speaking six languages if they are a high school dropout picking up berries in California.

Some people just have so much raw determination that they can make it despite whatever odds.

Most unfortunately do not.

While some University education isn’t worth the value of the toilet paper they offer in their premises higher education as an institution is vital to the national interests and success of the nation.

Doesn’t mean everyone has to have University degree, but it would be great to those who have affinity for getting educated would get the chance.

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,100,393.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Do you believe Wahhabist Madras teaching people ultra conservative Islam and hatred for their neighbors is OK just because their parents were cool with the idea ?

Should a State's use of force, be applied to control actions, as well as beliefs? If so, should what we are dictated to believe, be put up for a vote; or should it be decided by a Dictator?

Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I thought the Democrats were the party of the poor, and the Republicans were the party of the rich.
o_O

They have many thinking that way.
Who freed the slaves?
The good guys.
M

Upvote 0

Jonathan Walkerin

Feb 12, 2019
Stockholm
✟72,396.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Should a State's use of force, be applied to control actions, as well as beliefs? If so, should what we are dictated to believe, be put up for a vote; or should it be decided by a Dictator?

So was that a yes vote for Wahhabist extremist education on your neighborhood if it is okay with their parents ?

Freedom or no ?

Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟487,028.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
You mean those who have attended liberal colleges... lots of people get educated right out of their common sense.
So much so that they have higher incomes, more stable families and better health. Seems like a reasonable trade-off ... or just empty rhetoric from people who want to attack people who have succeeded due to their hard work for some reason.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟487,028.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
From the same group that thinks “wealthy land-baron/TV star playboy, suddenly turned Republican, Donald J Trump” is going to help them in their fight with “liberal elitists”!
Dunning-Kruger effect is a thing.

• Agree
Reactions: Pommer
Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟487,028.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
College is supposed to be for learning facts, not indoctrination. But it's a fact that the majority of college professors lean left and aren't shy about showing it.
Hmm, people who know more facts to teach their students are less right-wing. Wonder if there's anything one can learn from that fact?

Upvote 0

Jonathan Walkerin

Feb 12, 2019
Stockholm
✟72,396.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Hmm, people who know more facts to teach their students are less right-wing. Wonder if there's anything one can learn from that fact?

So do more left winging people strive for higher education degrees or do they turn more left wing after getting educated whatever their starting point ?

Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟487,028.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
So do more left winging people strive for higher education degrees or do they turn more left wing after getting educated whatever their starting point ?
I'm pretty sure the rhetoric is that students are indoctrinated, at least until the obvious blows that far-right meme out of the water.

• Agree
Reactions: lasthero
Upvote 0

grasping the after wind

That's grasping after the wind
Jan 18, 2010
Clarence Center NY USA
✟237,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
And then all those newly poor people move to red states, where they'll be hoping trump gives them a multi-billion dollar tax break like he gave the top 1% and corporations so they can be rich again. Where upon they will move back to the blue states.

The rich will move back to the blue states on the backs of the flying pigs.

• Haha
Reactions: Darkhorse
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,091,263.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Even in elementary schools children are taught 'thinking skills.' There is so much more information to learn than when I was in elementary school--even the table of the elements has grown by about 20 or 30. And so, instead of rote memorization (of Bible verses, for example) people are taught how to find, evaluate, and interpret information. This is called higher level thinking skills. They learn to collaborate, to work as teams, to brainstorm, to use their creativity.

People aren't "indoctrinated" at college. They are challenged. If they are liberal, it is because students go there at a time in their lives, predominantly, where they are using those thinking skills to question.

When they try to evaluate and interpret if they are hit with authoritarian roadblocks they will balk or reject them. At some point they will hopefully assimilate faith and values---but not in a pre-digested form.

Meaning no disrespect, I once asked a fundamentalist minister what they studied when they got their divinity doctorates (if they did). If the truths of the Bible are as plain as the fonts on the page--no thought required--then how in the world can you spend years studying them? I guess that there are things like homiletics--learning how to give authoritarian sermons and what not. An Assembly of God minister learned Greek so he could read Bible tracts in their original language. (I hope he did something fun with it, too, like tour the Greek islands).

Learning is about assimilating the facts you receive and using them in your real life. It's the same in politics. I listen to Trump and think, "He's arrogant. He's self-involved. He's inarticulate. He's mean and nasty. He's unlikeable. Is there any truth at all to what he says?" I don't think, "He's an authority figure so I have to believe him." I process what he says and check it against other sources and my own life experience. That is how you should deal with authority figures, especially those who are as blatantly wanting as Trump.

Upvote 0

renniks

Jun 2, 2008
✟149,430.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Umm...will there be a commission or other bureaucratic agencies set up to “decide” just what, exactly, these things are?
Because I don’t want the government telling me what I can and cannot think.
No, there won't. I'm wasn't advocating any such thing. Ironically, college professors tell students how they should think, however. That's not their job.

Upvote 0

renniks

Jun 2, 2008
✟149,430.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I process what he says and check it against other sources and my own life experience. That is how you should deal with authority figures, especially those who are as blatantly wanting as Trump.
And there you go trying to tell us how to think...

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟558,624.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
No, there won't. I'm wasn't advocating any such thing. Ironically, college professors tell students how they should think, however. That's not their job.

How much time have you spent in and around universities? It doesn’t sound like much.

Upvote 0

renniks

Jun 2, 2008
✟149,430.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So much so that they have higher incomes, more stable families and better health. Seems like a reasonable trade-off ... or just empty rhetoric from people who want to attack people who have succeeded due to their hard work for some reason.
More stable families? Better health? Says who?

Reactions: Darkhorse
Upvote 0