The richest states voted Democrat. The poorest states voted Republican.

Quartermaine

Sep 16, 2019
Alma
✟80,772.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
You can have evidence for anything. There are people who have "evidence" that Hitler was a good man. People have "evidence" that God is not real. People have "evidence" that marriage was not instituted by God, even though His Word says differently.
no, not really. you can't have actual evidence that purple unicorns live on Pluto for instance

Upvote 0

Quartermaine

Sep 16, 2019
Alma
✟80,772.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Lol... you a prophet now? If one is born gay, how can there be switching back and forth?
because people can lie and even lie to themselves. they can feel compelled to put on an act. Usually this is after they have been on the receiving end of years of horrific abuse. Their mental process is that maybe if they pretend to he heterosexual mom and will stop hurting them.

How can someone say they are bi? Apparently it's not so set in stone.
I'm not sure what you think bisexuality is but the reality is that bisexuality is the emotional and romantic attraction to both men and women.

Upvote 0

driewerf

a day at the Zoo
Mar 7, 2010
✟260,452.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
You can have evidence for anything. There are people who have "evidence" that Hitler was a good man. People have "evidence" that God is not real. People have "evidence" that marriage was not instituted by God, even though His Word says differently.
No; you can't. People can fabricate evidence or misinterpret evidence. Or simply hope that one data point is enough to sway an argument. That's why evidence needs to be brought under scrutiny. That's why a scientific paper of two pages has sometimes thirty or fifty references to other papers. To give the opportunity to evaluate the quality of the evidence presented.

Upvote 0

Under One King

Jul 14, 2020
The Shadowlands
✟28,658.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
no, not really. you can't have actual evidence that purple unicorns live on Pluto for instance
Of course it wouldn't be "real evidence", but someone can put forth "evidence" for anything.

Upvote 0

Under One King

Jul 14, 2020
The Shadowlands
✟28,658.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
No; you can't. People can fabricate evidence or misinterpret evidence. Or simply hope that one data point is enough to sway an argument. That's why evidence needs to be brought under scrutiny. That's why a scientific paper of two pages has sometimes thirty or fifty references to other papers. To give the opportunity to evaluate the quality of the evidence presented.
Yes you can. Not necessarily real evidence, but someone can have "evidence" for anything.

Upvote 0

MIDutch

Apr 3, 2020
Detroit
✟75,674.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Do you really want me to answer all that? Are you really seeking to know the truth?
Nope, don't really care if you answer any of it since I pretty much know what your answer is going to be anyways. It's the same one I've been getting from internet Chrisitians for the past 20 years on various forums:

There is only one "god".

The "god" I believe in is the only true "god".

Everyone else who DOESN'T believe in the "god" I believe in are wrong and doomed to eternal damnation.

Only the printed words of the Bible are "god's words".

The only evidence I need for the existence of my "god" is in the printed "words of god" in the Bible.

The men who wrote the Bible were inspired/possessed/moved by "god" to write what they wrote.

All those other men who SAID they were inspired/possessed/moved by "god" to write their gospels, but whose gospels didn't make it into the REAL Bible were either crazy or lying.

"God" speaks to me so I know what is true.

Other "gods" speaking to their devout followers is actually Satan talking to them.

Or, alternatively, other "gods" speaking to their devout followers is merely voices in their head and a sign of insanity.

But the voice I hear in my head is the true "god".

Etc.. etc., etc..

Did I miss anything?

As for wanting to know the truth? From you? I'd rather have a smoking slab of BBQ ribs, some seasoned french fries, a good side of cole slaw and maybe some Mexican corn on the cob.

Upvote 0

Under One King

Jul 14, 2020
The Shadowlands
✟28,658.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Nope, don't really care if you answer any of it since I pretty much know what your answer is going to be anyways. It's the same one I've been getting from internet Chrisitians for the past 20 years on various forums:

There is only one "god".

The "god" I believe in is the only true "god".

Everyone else who DOESN'T believe in the "god" I believe in are wrong and doomed to eternal damnation.

Only the printed words of the Bible are "god's words".

The only evidence I need for the existence of my "god" is in the printed "words of god" in the Bible.

The men who wrote the Bible were inspired/possessed/moved by "god" to write what they wrote.

All those other men who SAID they were inspired/possessed/moved by "god" to write their gospels, but whose gospels didn't make it into the REAL Bible were either crazy or lying.

"God" speaks to me so I know what is true.

Other "gods" speaking to their devout followers is actually Satan talking to them.

Or, alternatively, other "gods" speaking to their devout followers is merely voices in their head and a sign of insanity.

But the voice I hear in my head is the true "god".

Etc.. etc., etc..

Did I miss anything?

As for wanting to know the truth? From you? I'd rather have a smoking slab of BBQ ribs, some seasoned french fries, a good side of cole slaw and maybe some Mexican corn on the cob.
Thank you for answering the question.

I'm going to pray for you.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

rturner76

Domine non-sum dignus
Site Supporter
May 10, 2011
Twin Cities
✟732,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
I thought the Democrats were the party of the poor, and the Republicans were the party of the rich.
o_O
No, it's the party of the uneducated. Poor people typically have less education and more fear so they are easily fooled into thinking their way of life is being threatened. Educated people make informed decisions based on facts. Poor people make rash decisions based on fear.

Sad but true. I know, I grew up poor and you wouldn't believe the kinds of conspiracy theories I've heard all my life coming from other poor people. I've even supported a few of my own that were based on nothing but speculation and guesswork.

Upvote 0