The richest states voted Democrat. The poorest states voted Republican.

durangodawood

Dis Member
Aug 28, 2007
Colorado
✟431,984.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
That is where your right to do what you want on your property ends. When it violates another's rights.
Ok. So we both agree you should NOT be able to do whatever you want with your property.

• Informative
Reactions: KCfromNC
Upvote 0

lasthero

Jul 30, 2013
✟229,457.00
Faith
Seeker
Well I do thank you for that Fantine. I needed a good belly laugh.
You know, even if I accept the whole 'colleges are liberal brainwashing camps' thing, if your beliefs are so weak that all it takes is a few hours a day at a college to turn them into crazy, virtue-signaling, Satan worshipping atheist hippies (or whatever you think happens to them) after nearly two decades, then I feel that says more about how weak said beliefs were in the first place than anything. I keep hearing how college makes people anti-god and anti-country, but have you ever considered they just weren't all that pro-god and pro-country in the first place?

College professors aren't magic, they aren't using hypnotism, they aren't holding them to a chair and making them listen to [insert mainstream media stereotype here] all day long.

Upvote 0

lasthero

Jul 30, 2013
✟229,457.00
Faith
Seeker
But doesn't that already exist among the liberal left with political correctness of every kind in the educations systems? You're told what is appropriate to think and if you don't fall into absolute compliance you're called names and are cancelled out?
Teachers are calling people names and cancelling them?

Because if so, they're breaking the law and should be punished.

If not, and you're talking about what other children do, that's a bullying problem, and has nothing to do with the way kids are being taught.

Also, why are you complaining? Trump's been in power for four years now. What, he hasn't waved a magic wand and made all the mean liberals get out of the education system yet? Or is that what he's promising for the next four years?

Upvote 0

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,087,273.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
With Trump you have transparency?? His sole goal is to remain in power; he will say/do ANYTHING to achieve his aims.
I agree about the "transparency." He is the most secretive president in history.
He has never submitted his tax returns and has gone to great lengths filing lawsuits to prevent them from being seen by anyone. The Supreme Court ruled the State of NY is entitled to see them in connection with a pending case and now his lawyers have taken the suit back working on the basis that the information the state wants is "too broad." I am fairly sure that the only thing that is "broad" is the scope of his crimes and misdemeanors...
He has also tried to hide his medical information, first by drafting his own letter and presenting it to an absolute quack who signed it (and whose files were later stolen...hmmm......wonder why). Next he showed something to Dr. Oz, discussed one or two things about it, and got Dr. Oz, a TV doctor, to say he was satisfied Trump was healthy (sure knocked Dr. Oz down in my estimation.) Then he got a Naval doctor with a secret DUI to say he was healthy--and now he's backing him for Congress in Texas. Payback much?
He has hidden information about the Ukraine in secret files--for reasons that don't pass muster. Ah, the "none of your business" classification. Conversely, he claims that ANYTHING he says to anyone who might write (or has written) a book is classified. He has sued to prevent publication and released of books. Barr has threatened Bolton with criminal indictment--for writing a truthful book about Trump.
He has refused to testify to Mueller or at the impeachment hearings. He has prevented his staff AND former staff from testifying to Mueller or at the impeachment hearings. He has refused to honor subpoenas for information.
He has scores of "non-disclosure agreements." From girlfriends and inappropriate content stars he's paid off. From people he has settled with in lawsuits. From his ex-wives. Usually there was a pay-off for the non-disclosure promise. Payoff much? Of course!
He is secretive to avoid criminal prosecution when he is a private citizen. His staff is under the rule of "Omerta." His victims are legion. 203,000 COVID deaths. Desperate victims of natural disasters he "scolds" and "threatens" in California, Puerto Rico, and other blue states.
Those who think he's transparent must have some sort of X-ray vision---because he has the most elaborate secrecy I can imagine.

Upvote 0

ArmenianJohn

Politically Liberal Christian Fundamentalist
Jan 30, 2013
New Jersey (NYC Metro)
✟205,252.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
It's their property. If I don't like it I can move away.
I know for a fact that you really believe that. Clearly you don't like regulations applied to people's property yet you don't "move away" from your own town which has those regulations. In fact, you enjoy the benefit of it. It's easy to talk when you don't put your money where your mouth is.

• Winner
Reactions: KCfromNC
Upvote 0

renniks

Jun 2, 2008
✟149,430.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
all constitutional rights have limitations on them. you have the right to practice your religion as you see fit, you don't have the right to impose your religious beliefs onto others. you have the right to free speech, but libel and slander are still crimes. having laws that keep machine guns out of the hands of criminals isn't taking away second amendment rights.
Seriously? You think that's all the Democrats have tried to pass?

Upvote 0

renniks

Jun 2, 2008
✟149,430.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
or marrying someone of a different skin color? the right fought tooth and nail to deny people that freedom too and did so by saying the same sick and bigoted lie that it was the same as marrying an animal. YOu have every tight to choose to hate blacks or gays or Jews or whoever, but your your choice does not give you the right to deny rights and legal protection to others
Who's talking about hating anyone? I'm talking about redefining what marriage is.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Quartermaine

Sep 16, 2019
Alma
✟80,772.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
But doesn't that already exist among the liberal left with political correctness of every kind in the educations systems? You're told what is appropriate to think and if you don't fall into absolute compliance you're called names and are cancelled out?
you mean like how LGBT kids are called names?

• Agree
Reactions: lasthero
Upvote 0

renniks

Jun 2, 2008
✟149,430.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What in the world are "liberal colleges"??
Today? Most colleges in the US.

"The most liberal colleges tend to be in liberal states. New York, California, and Oregon are the only states with multiple colleges on the list. Each state has voted for the Democratic candidate in the last seven presidential elections. These states also tend to send Democratic lawmakers to Capitol Hill, many of whom receive high marks from their constituents. "

Upvote 0

Quartermaine

Sep 16, 2019
Alma
✟80,772.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Who's talking about hating anyone? I'm talking about redefining what marriage is.
you just compared a minority getting married the equivalent of marrying a dog. that is 100% pure hate no matter how you slice it

Upvote 0

renniks

Jun 2, 2008
✟149,430.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
you just compared a minority getting married the equivalent of marrying a dog. that is 100% pure hate no matter how you slice it
Sigh. Twist it anyway you like.
Marriage by definition doesn't apply to two people of the same sex.
Even biology tells us that the family can not continue to exist if you put two males or two females together.

Upvote 0

usexpat97

kewlness
Aug 1, 2012
Ecuador
✟76,839.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
I know for a fact that you really believe that. Clearly you don't like regulations applied to people's property yet you don't "move away" from your own town which has those regulations. In fact, you enjoy the benefit of it. It's easy to talk when you don't put your money where your mouth is.

Speaking of which...I'm trying to find all these Trump supporters who are saying, "This is our country, and if you don't like it, you can leave I'll buy your one-way plane ticket and help you pack."

I've got some singles in need of some strong men to help them load the truck, to do exactly that. And I've got a couple who wants to leave, but does not have the financial wherewithal to do so. Can they take you up on your offer?

Reactions: ArmenianJohn
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

lasthero

Jul 30, 2013
✟229,457.00
Faith
Seeker

Even if I accept that definition, it’s irrelevant. The ‘definition of marriage’ has changed a lot over the centuries and with different cultures. It doesn’t have to mean any specific thing.

Even biology tells us that the family can not continue to exist if you put two males or two females together.
So infertile people shouldn’t even be allowed to marry? Or just people who don’t want to have kids? Because if you’re fine with them getting married, it’s a little silly of you to bring this up as a reason for why gays can’t marry.

Upvote 0

driewerf

a day at the Zoo
Mar 7, 2010
✟260,010.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I would not use contractors as legal advisors. I wonder if they'll represent you in court if you are caught without getting the right permits?

I also wonder if you think the "it's your land, build what you want" idea should apply to your neighbors if they decided to open things like pig slauhterhouses, after-hours gay nightclubs, toxic waste recycling centers, large factories, skyscrapers, etc. on their properties? Or do you think then all of a sudden there should be laws and permits and such to restrict them from building "whatever they want"???
It's their property. If I don't like it I can move away.

What ArmenianJohn describes correctly is that a property can loose part of it's value due to buildings near it (the smell, the noise, pollution etc). If you are comfortable with you property losing values fine for me. I remember a certain DJ Trump fight tooth and nails against windmills because his golf course in Scotland would be devaluated
Scottish government wins Donald Trump wind power legal costs
Trump International Golf Club Scotland Ltd v The Scottish Ministers - Wikipedia

And the same Trump scare mongering his audience with the same prospect.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/busi...dent-trump-lashes-out-an-old-enemy-windmills/

Last edited:
  • Winner
Upvote 0

Quartermaine

Sep 16, 2019
Alma
✟80,772.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
so when racists said that interracial marraige was like a person marrying an animal was that a statement of love or hatred?

and a generation ago people who hate said that marriage by definition doesn't apply to two people of different races.

your choice to hate doesn't change families into something else.

Upvote 0

Under One King

Jul 14, 2020
The Shadowlands
✟28,658.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I don't live in a town. I don't know what gave you that idea.

Upvote 0