• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.

The richest states voted Democrat. The poorest states voted Republican.

Discussion in 'American Politics' started by dqhall, Sep 19, 2020.

1. dqhall

dqhall Well-Known Member Supporter

+2,508
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    • Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
    We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. Darkhorse

Darkhorse just horsing around

+3,623
    United States
    Presbyterian
    Married
    US-Republican
    I thought the Democrats were the party of the poor, and the Republicans were the party of the rich.
    o_O

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Useful Useful x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  3. grasping the after wind

grasping the after wind That's grasping after the wind

+5,047
    Lutheran
    Married
    US-Others
    Democrats are the party of the poor That is why they are working so hard to increase the number of poor in the country.

• Funny Funny x 7
    • Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  4. MIDutch

MIDutch Well-Known Member

+1,529
    United States
    Agnostic
    Married
    And then all those newly poor people move to red states, where they'll be hoping trump gives them a multi-billion dollar tax break like he gave the top 1% and corporations so they can be rich again. Where upon they will move back to the blue states.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  5. lasthero

lasthero Newbie

+4,283
    Seeker
    Then why are the states that vote for Democrats richer than the ones that aren’t?

6. dqhall

dqhall Well-Known Member Supporter

+2,508
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    The Republicans did not want to pay taxes to make their states rich. Their states remained poor. They did not want to pay for better public schools, better trained teachers as they were sending their children to private schools. They got poorly trained high school grads.

They tried to blame crime on the Democrats while cutting taxes, cutting budgets and laying off police.

They claimed the rich should not pay more in taxes. Did they expect the poor to may more? Mexico did not want to pay for Trump’s wall.

They were against big government, then called others anarchists.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • List
  7. Fantine

Fantine Dona Quixote Supporter

+8,522
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Democrat
    Democrats are the party of the educated. The educated usually enjoy higher incomes.

Despite their seeming self-reliance, Republicans favor authoritarian personalities--both in their religious and political leaders.

They eschew the lonely journey of the soul to assimilate their beliefs, which I believe is the only way to mature faith.

These are not my observations. I am relying on numerous research studies and statistics.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  8. Albion

Albion Facilitator

+27,004
    Anglican
    Married
    That couldn't be farther from the truth.

Apparently not.

They seem to be more like your preferences.

9. Hank77

Hank77 Well-Known Member Supporter

+12,568
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    US-Others
  10. renniks

renniks Well-Known Member

+2,024
    Christian
    Married
    So the rich become removed from reality and vote democrat. Is this a surprise to anyone?
    Look at Hollywood. Almost totally liberals.
    The working man sees the left as a threat because they want to limit his rights and take more of his limited income.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  11. renniks

+2,024
    Christian
    Married
    You mean those who have attended liberal colleges... lots of people get educated right out of their common sense.
    There's a difference between having a degree and being smart.

12. lasthero

lasthero Newbie

+4,283
    Seeker
    If that’s true, why are there any rich Republicans at all? Trump was born with more money than most of us will ever see in our lifetime, and he’s a Republican.

13. KarateCowboy

KarateCowboy Classical liberal Supporter

+1,847
    Heard Island And Mcdonald Islands
    Catholic
    Private
    What is presented without evidence can be dismissed without evidence, so I'll just go ahead and point out this is all false and does not reflect reality

14. Fantine

Fantine Dona Quixote Supporter

+8,522
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Democrat
    • Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  15. HARK!

HARK! Well-Known Member Staff Member Hands-on Trainee Supporter

+2,737
    United States
    Messianic
    Married
    Since I moved from a blue state to a red state; I've never before had so much freedom. When people told me what I could do here; I thought that they were playing games with me. It took me a couple of years to realize that the shackles had come off.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  16. lasthero

lasthero Newbie

+4,283
    Seeker
    Like what?

17. HARK!

+2,737
    United States
    Messianic
    Married
    For example, there were some contractors who attended my church. I asked how to navigate the ropes to getting a building permit here. Where I'm from, it's a big deal. Often they expect bribes to get one.

They asked me what I was building. I said a barn. I was told I didn't need a permit. I explained that this wasn't going to be a shed. It was going to be a large two story structure that you could park a full size truck in, and still have plenty of room to work on it, with electricity. One said, "build it." I said I don't want to get into any trouble. He asked, "it's your land; isn't it?" I said yes. He asked again, "you own it?" I said yes. He said, "it's your land; do what you want with it. Why ask for permission?"

You don't need permission to home school here. They're your children. The State can't force vaccines on your here. It's your body. You can shoot your guns on your property here, if it's done safely. Conceal and carry permit? Easier than getting a drivers license. There is no State income tax. As a matter of fact, political offices are a part time job here. The people here believe in small government.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • List
  18. renniks

+2,024
    Christian
    Married
    Probably has to do with age also. He used to be more liberal I believe. Age sometimes brings wisdom, as you start to see the real life implications of some policies, but only if you aren't stuck in your ivory tower.

19. renniks

+2,024
    Christian
    Married
    That sounds great! We can shoot guns on our property, but we do need building permits, and we had to report to the public school on our home schooling.

20. HARK!

+2,737
    United States
    Messianic
    Married
    Where I'm from, Ive known Christians who battled for years to home school, to no avail. When they did manage to get permission; the State would make them jump through all kinds of hoops; as they watched them like a hawk.