The richest states voted Democrat. The poorest states voted Republican.

dqhall

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2015
Florida
Visit site
✟766,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You mean those who have attended liberal colleges... lots of people get educated right out of their common sense.
There's a difference between having a degree and being smart.
Some of America’s finest engineers, computer scientists, software engineers, chemists, geologists, biologists, mathematicians, physicists, doctors, surgeons, nurses, pharmacists, managers, accountants, lawyers and professors came from the finest and most competitive schools. This is beyond an associate degree. For sure, some people are very successful without a college degree, but not all.

Upvote 0

lasthero

Jul 30, 2013
✟229,457.00
Faith
Seeker
For example, there were some contractors who attended my church. I asked how to navigate the ropes to getting a building permit here. Where I'm from, it's a big deal. Often they expect bribes to get one.

They asked me what I was building. I said a barn. I was told I didn't need a permit. I explained that this wasn't going to be a shed. It was going to be a large two story structure that you could park a full size truck in, and still have plenty of room to work on it, with electricity. One said, "build it." I said I don't want to get into any trouble. He asked, "it's your land; isn't it?" I said yes. He asked again, "you own it?" I said yes. He said, "it's your land; do what you want with it. Why ask for permission?"
It sounds like they just cut you a break. Is there a specific law that applies in the state you came from that isn't there in the state you went to?

You don't need permission to home school here.
I live in a red state (at least, it is the moment), and you certainly need to meet requirements to homeschool, and you have to meet a certain schedule. A quick search shows that North Dakota and Mississippi both require you to check with the state before you can homeschool, and you can be rejected. Those are two of the most conservative states.

The State can't force vaccines on your here. It's your body.
All 50 states can require you to have vaccines in school. 45 allow you have certain exemptions - religious and philosophical, depending. Of the 5 that don't allow any exemption, two are red states - Mississippi and West Virginia.

You can shoot your guns on your property here, if it's done safely.
I know for certain you can't just do that in my state.

There is no State income tax. .

Only seven states don't have state income tax. Washington is one, and while Nevada goes back and forth, they did vote for Hilary over Trump. New Hampshire, a mostly blue state, doesn't tax wages.

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,099,388.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
It sounds like they just cut you a break. Is there a specific law that applies in the state you came from that isn't there in the state you went to?

There is no law that says that I must file for a permit. How is not requiring me to ask permission to do as I wish with my own property, "cutting me a break?"

• Agree
Reactions: Darkhorse
Upvote 0

Under One King

Jul 14, 2020
The Shadowlands
✟28,658.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

I live in a red state (at least, it is the moment), and you certainly need to meet requirements to homeschool, and you have to meet a certain schedule. A quick search shows that North Dakota and Mississippi both require you to check with the state before you can homeschool, and you can be rejected. Those are two of the most conservative states.

All 50 states can require you to have vaccines in school. 45 allow you have certain exemptions - religious and philosophical, depending. Of the 5 that don't allow any exemption, two are red states - Mississippi and West Virginia.

I know for certain you can't just do that in my state.

Only seven states don't have state income tax. Washington is one, and while Nevada goes back and forth, they did vote for Hilary over Trump. New Hampshire, a mostly blue state, doesn't tax wages.
If you can't shoot guns on your property, you must be living in the city.

Upvote 0

lasthero

Jul 30, 2013
✟229,457.00
Faith
Seeker
There is no law that says that I must file for a permit. How is not requiring me to ask permission to do as I wish with my own property, "cutting me a break?"
Apologies, misunderstood you. Regardless.

This is a bit harder to look up, because it varies a lot depending on the county, but it should be noted that, overall, Florida has some pretty restrictive building codes, just for one example.

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,099,388.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private

Again, parents aren't forced to send their children to school here. We have freedom to teach them as we see fit.

Reactions: Darkhorse
Upvote 0

lasthero

Jul 30, 2013
✟229,457.00
Faith
Seeker
Again, parents aren't forced to send their children to school here. We have freedom to teach them as we see fit.
Every state allows homeschooling. Some states are stricter about it than others, but again, that's not necessarily a Democrat/Republican thing. North Dakota, for instance, is quite strict about it, while a blue states like New Jersey is more lax.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

MIDutch

Apr 3, 2020
Detroit
✟75,674.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
You mean those who have attended liberal colleges... lots of people get educated right out of their common sense.
There's a difference between having a degree and being smart.
Yes, that's why there are so many Americans that don't have degrees and the US needs to import so many scientists, doctors, engineers, IT techs, etc..

Better to be smart and poor and work frying french fries, than to be liberal (and/or an immigrant filling high qualification jobs) and be rich. It's the REAL American way.

Who needs those liberal colleges and universities anyways (except for watching college football).

Upvote 0

MIDutch

Apr 3, 2020
Detroit
✟75,674.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Define 'as you see fit'? Georgia, for instance, is a red state, and it requires you follow a basic educational program and that you have a high school diploma or GED
Which I personally think is a waste of time. I'm all for a good education for everyone, but if parents want to teach their children what they "see fit", I say let them.

The world needs church janitors just as much as it needs brain surgeons.

Upvote 0

Quartermaine

Sep 16, 2019
Alma
✟80,772.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
So the rich become removed from reality and vote democrat. Is this a surprise to anyone?
Look at Hollywood. Almost totally liberals.
The working man sees the left as a threat because they want to limit his rights and take more of his limited income.
what rights are we pretending are being taken away?

Reactions: john23237
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

renniks

Jun 2, 2008
✟149,430.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Better to be smart and poor and work frying french fries, than to be liberal (and/or an immigrant filling high qualification jobs) and be rich. It's the REAL American way.
Stereotype much? Lots of so called " poor" people are self employed and happy or work jobs other than fast food. Poor is relative. You can be in the poverty bracket of income and do fine if self sufficient.

( I assumed you were being sarcastic, if not please ignore.)

Upvote 0

renniks

Jun 2, 2008
✟149,430.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
what rights are we pretending are being taken away?
There's definitely a push to take away second amendment rights by the Democrats. And just adding more regulations to every area of life. The virus has illustrated how the left is willing to take away constitutionally guaranteed rights.

Upvote 0

MIDutch

Apr 3, 2020
Detroit
✟75,674.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Stereotype much? Lots of so called " poor" people are self employed and happy or work jobs other than fast food. Poor is relative. You can be in the poverty bracket of income and do fine if self sufficient.
Weren't my thoughts on the subject. I was commenting on another posters comment about "liberal education" being stupid. I was merely taking it to it's sarcastic conclusion.

Upvote 0

renniks

Jun 2, 2008
✟149,430.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Weren't my thoughts on the subject. I was commenting on another posters comment about "liberal education" being stupid. I was merely taking it to it's sarcastic conclusion.
They were not your thoughts although you wrote them in response to my post?

Upvote 0

renniks

Jun 2, 2008
✟149,430.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Another consideration is location. One of my kids is starting a good paying job, but she has to live in an area with high rent. If someone makes less money but has less expenses, it averages out.

I remember living on 14,000 a year when we had kids here and being told it wasn't possible, but to keep on doing what we were doing, lol.

Upvote 0