United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
And I know a few hundred not.

Never said it was "only" conservatives. You don't know what I think.

They parrot exactly the same excuses as white conservatives who resist vaccination. No difference, no smarter.

You're right, I don't know what you think.
But just curious as to why, in your post, you'd only list "White Conservatives" then, instead of "people who refuse vaccination" or something similar?

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,476,722.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You're right, I don't know what you think.
But just curious as to why, in your post, you'd only list "White Conservatives" then, instead of "people who refuse vaccination" or something similar?

Because this thread is specifically about a "why" of black people.

...As though a bunch of white people even have a cue.

Such arrogance.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Because this thread is specifically about a "why" of black people.

...As though a bunch of white people even have a cue.

Such arrogance.
Apparently, that view ^ is inherent in the "white people are out to exterminate blacks" legend.

Reactions: LeGato
Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
That post made no sense.
I'm surprised. Take the comments about blacks being wary of vaccinations, etc. because of the Tuskegee incident or rap artists speaking to the matter of HIV/AIDS, etc., and then add to that the wording your post 23 gave us, and you have a more fully fleshed out rendition of that kind of thinking which allegedly is keeping a lot of blacks from being willing to be jabbed at present.

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,476,722.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'm surprised. Take the comments about blacks being wary of vaccinations, etc. because of the Tuskegee incident or rap artists speaking to the matter of HIV/AIDS, etc., and then add to that the wording your post 23 gave us, and you have a more fully fleshed out rendition of that kind of thinking which allegedly is keeping a lot of blacks from being willing to be jabbed at present.

You're still making no sense.

My point is that a bunch of white keyboard warriors don't have the "ground truth" to come to any conclusions about why black people as a group are doing anything.

The comment we get most often that's more specific to black people, beyond repeating the same stuff I hear from you anti-vax folk in these forums, is, "I'm not well enough to take the vaccine." That's from black people who realize they are diabetic, have high blood pressure, are obese, and already have circulatory problems.

If black people really believed whites were out to exterminate us, they'd clue to the conspiracy theory that the extermination method is to make us diabetic and obese.

Reactions: OldWiseGuy
Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
You're still making no sense.

My point is that a bunch of white keyboard warriors don't have the "ground truth" to come to any conclusions about why black people as a group are doing anything.
Yeah, that's part of the mythology also. Each part reinforces the other parts for those persons who want to believe it.

The comment we get most often that's more specific to black people, beyond repeating the same stuff I hear from you anti-vax folk in these forums, is, "I'm not well enough to take the vaccine."
Wow. I just found out that I'm an "anti-vax" person" and yet I'm supposed to believe that the rest of this supposed analysis is right on target! LOL

If black people really believed whites were out to exterminate us, they'd clue to the conspiracy theory that the extermination method is to make us diabetic and obese.
Well, of course, the idea is not that every last black American is thinking the same way about this. It's just that reports we've both read claim that there is a higher percentage of vaxx refusers among blacks than there is among other segments of the population or the population taken as a whole.

• Haha
Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
IMHO black people have a particular wariness about people who say they want to prevent illness in them.Yes there are conspiracy theories adding to that wariness. Yes there are warning songs that have been around for many, many years.Joe South had a warning song years ago, and I still remember it.I especially remember the verse
People walking up to ya
Saying glory Hallelujah
And they try to sock it to ya
In the name of the Lord

IMHO black people have just cause to be wary.

“When the missionaries came to Africa they had the Bible and we had the land. They said "Let us pray." We closed our eyes. When we opened them we had the Bible and they had the land.”

― Desmond Tutu

Last edited:
  • Agree
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
My wife is black. She doesn't trust the government, her family doesn't trust the government and neither do I. The entire "covid crisis" reeks of a scam and if you grew up in my area you learn to recognize a scam early.

So far all my SS checks have cleared. ;)

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

Black men are reluctant to seek medical help for any reason.

Mistrust keeps black men from doctor - Futurity

Last edited:
Upvote 0

alertandawake

Aug 20, 2017
Sydney
✟56,270.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Not a single person has ever mentioned the Tuskegee experiment.

It may be because a lot of people may not of heard about it? For many things a modern generation is not going to know what happened in the past unless said person is told about it or research for themselves.

Upvote 0