The New-New Moral Majority

Where will you go to escape the wrath of the stupid?

• Canada

• Somewhere in Europe

• A remote island in Alaska to form your own colony as Trevor may do?

• Other, please explain

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

LittleNipper

Contributor
Mar 9, 2005
MOUNT HOLLY, NEW JERSEY
✟10,349.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Well if only more people WOULD mind their own business instead of sticking their noses into other peoples' bedrooms and getting offended by what they see, we'd all be a lot better off. But you and I both know that's not how it works these days. Christians by and large feel that they are entitled by their majority status to dictate morality to everyone they disagree with.

Which is why the concept of Alaska is so compelling. There are still parts of Alaska where your nearest neighbor is 50 miles away and they don't have any interest in meddling in your business anyway. Its a live and let live mentality which I really miss sometimes.

What goes on in the bedroom or behind closed doors is not my business; however, when they move the bedroom out into the street, that makes it my business.

Upvote 0

Trevorocity

Jun 30, 2007
✟16,960.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Not at all. I'm against Sodomy and I believe such to be a sin. That is just as true today as 2000 + years ago, and yet some people have always indulged in that sin. I believe it is best to keep such socially obscure for the sake of the weak and impressionable.

Fair enough.

Upvote 0

broken_one

Fear is but something to be overcome.
Jun 5, 2008
✟22,438.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Not at all. I'm against Sodomy and I believe such to be a sin. That is just as true today as 2000 + years ago, and yet some people have always indulged in that sin. I believe it is best to keep such socially obscure for the sake of the weak and impressionable.
The "Weak and impressionable"?

Homosexuality is not a disease or like drugs.
You can't become gay by looking at some sort of homosexual act or by touching a gay person. It's not an addiction, either. Sex may be an addiction, but not "gayness". No one changes their sexual preference on a whim.

Upvote 0

Robbie_James_Francis

May all beings have happiness and its causes
Apr 12, 2005
England, UK
✟20,261.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
You could all come and visit me in Amsterdam. We would all walk around looking shocked all the time. It would be great. I'd bring coffee.

That's where I'll be if (OK, I admit it, when) Cameron wins the next general election and turns this country into the Daily Mail's wet dream.

Upvote 0

NPH

Jul 25, 2005
✟6,871.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
You could all come and visit me in Amsterdam. We would all walk around looking shocked all the time. It would be great. I'd bring coffee.

I would love it if the shock were because the football team finally didn't choke when they were obviously the best team :) I spent so much of this summer in orange only to be let down yet again *sigh*

And just to keep the thread focused on what's MOST important:

lg_85609957.jpg

Upvote 0

jcook922

Defender of Liberty, against the Left or Right.
Aug 5, 2008
United States
✟9,746.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Libertarian

I'm straight and don't consider sodomy a sin, I could care less what people do as long as they don't try to push it on me. What Christians define as sin is NOT what should dictate law in our nation. Religious doctrine has NO place in the federal or state justice system, that's the purpose of separation of church and state.

Upvote 0

IzzyPop

I wear my sunglasses at night...
Jun 2, 2007
✟22,709.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
That is too bad. Personally, I never have sex without some sodomy. We (my wife and I) like to call it 'foreplay'.;)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

God-free

One of many moral atheists
May 23, 2008
Earth
✟8,759.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
What goes on in the bedroom or behind closed doors is not my business; however, when they move the bedroom out into the street, that makes it my business.
When was the last time you saw a homosexual couple engaging in bedroom activities out in the street? Or are you referring to gay pride marches? If so, I ask you to remember a time when women and African Americans also held marches in order to be recognized and afforded equal rights. Once homosexuals are able to legally marry, and I am convinced it's only a matter of time before this will happen, then there will be no further need to fight for that right (unless someone tries to take it away again).

~Barbara

Upvote 0

LittleNipper

Contributor
Mar 9, 2005
MOUNT HOLLY, NEW JERSEY
✟10,349.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
The "Weak and impressionable"?

Homosexuality is not a disease or like drugs.
You can't become gay by looking at some sort of homosexual act or by touching a gay person. It's not an addiction, either. Sex may be an addiction, but not "gayness". No one changes their sexual preference on a whim.

Well then, I suppose you also feel that prayer and Bible reading in public school never impressed anyone either..................... So, why are some against that again?

Upvote 0

LittleNipper

Contributor
Mar 9, 2005
MOUNT HOLLY, NEW JERSEY
✟10,349.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
When was the last time you saw a homosexual couple engaging in bedroom activities out in the street? Or are you referring to gay pride marches? If so, I ask you to remember a time when women and African Americans also held marches in order to be recognized and afforded equal rights. Once homosexuals are able to legally marry, and I am convinced it's only a matter of time before this will happen, then there will be no further need to fight for that right (unless someone tries to take it away again).

~Barbara

So, you agree that the Pro-Lifers will end abortion on demand with their marches? And when those who wish to have multiple spouses or child marriages have their marches, the nation should relent? You maybe right about "gay" marriage; however, whom will it serve? What will it do to make society better and cleaner? OR will it simply allow a group to behave as they wish in public?

Upvote 0

Caylin

Formerly Dracon427
Feb 15, 2004
Olympia, Washington
✟24,014.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
So, you agree that the Pro-Lifers will end abortion on demand with their marches? And when those who wish to have multiple spouses or child marriages have their marches, the nation should relent? You maybe right about "gay" marriage; however, whom will it serve? What will it do to make society better and cleaner? OR will it simply allow a group to behave as they wish in public?

It would allow me to share insurance with the woman I love, and see them in the ICU. Why would it matter to you if I did get married?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

broken_one

Fear is but something to be overcome.
Jun 5, 2008
✟22,438.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Well then, I suppose you also feel that prayer and Bible reading in public school never impressed anyone either..................... So, why are some against that again?
Homosexuality and prayer in schools are completely different things; quit trying to grandstand against me.

By the way, I don't support prayer or (unchecked) Bible reading in public schools, and here's why: imagine that instead of this being a Christian nation, it is Muslim (But you're still a Christian). Would you want your children to be forced to read the Koran and pray to Allah? Would you pay for your child to go on a trip with the rest of the class to Mecca? I wouldn't have thought so.

This is what non-Christians feel when only Christians are catered to in a public school, which is for all people, regardless of race, creed, color, nationality, and sexual orientation. Shoving our religion down their throats is the wrong way to spread Christ's message. We are Christians by our actions, not our words, and creating intolerance in the public school system (i.e., an "us" vs. "them" mentality) is not a proper way to act towards others.

If you want Christianity in your school, then go to a "Christian School". That's why they're there. :thumbsup:

Upvote 0

Trevorocity

Jun 30, 2007
✟16,960.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Habits are habit forming.

Habits can be broken. Sexual orientation stays the same. Need I bring up the challenge to Heterosexuals who claim change is possible for Homosexuals yet again? We all know how well that worked out for the Hets.

Upvote 0

God-free

One of many moral atheists
May 23, 2008
Earth
✟8,759.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I'm not sure why you would bring up the issues of abortion, polygamy, and child marriage when we're talking about gay marriage. But, since you did, I'll play.

So, you agree that the Pro-Lifers will end abortion on demand with their marches?
I think you're confusing pro-life with anti-abortion, although that's a common mistake. I'm a pro-lifer in the sense that once someone is alive, in my opinion, they have the right to remain alive for as long as they wish to, or until their natural death. I'm also pro-choice in the sense that I think a woman has the right to choose whether or not to terminate her pregnancy under certain circumstances. I have no way of knowing if abortion rights will be taken away as a result of anti-abortion marches. But, I don't begrudge anti-abortion rights activists their right to assemble and make their views known.

And when those who wish to have multiple spouses or child marriages have their marches, the nation should relent?
The only opinions I have about polygamy is that it's not an option I would choose for myself. As with gay marriage, I think if polygamy is practiced among consenting adults and it harms no-one, then who am I to say it's wrong? As for child marriage, I am completely against it. Children do not have the mental and emotional maturity to give the informed consent required to make such a major life-altering decision.

You maybe right about "gay" marriage; however, whom will it serve? What will it do to make society better and cleaner? OR will it simply allow a group to behave as they wish in public?
1) Allowing homosexuals to marry will provide the same stability and protections to them that are currently enjoyed by heterosexual couples. Rather than ask "whom will it serve" why not ask "to whom does it do a disservice?" Other than a supernatural deity that may or may not exist, I don't see where homosexual marriage harms anyone.

2) The question of whether or not gay marriage would make society better or cleaner needs clarification. Could you rephrase it please?

3) Lastly, homosexuals have to live by the same societal rules as everyone else, so they will be (and already are) expected to behave in public.

~Barbara

Reactions: tulc
Upvote 0

LittleNipper

Contributor
Mar 9, 2005
MOUNT HOLLY, NEW JERSEY
✟10,349.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
It would allow me to share insurance with the woman I love, and see them in the ICU. Why would it matter to you if I did get married?

Why should a Christian company be required to insure the sex partner of the kind of relationship they find to be an abomination? Could not a person in ICU request the presence of anyone they choose? And if they are unconscious does one's presence even matter?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.