The NATURE of the resurrection, second coming, Heavens & Earth passing, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

rollinTHUNDER

Veteran
Dec 30, 2001
Central Florida USA
Visit site
✟22,549.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Hello parousia, Mani, GW and davo,
Do you still want more proof that Jesus is going to come again, just as He promised. I don't know why I bother sometimes, because you usually find a way to reject the whole truth, or you explain it away, or you won't respond at all when you get stumped. How do you explain Ezek.38, and the 200,000,000 man army in Rev. 9 ?? So far, you proved nothing but that you could beat around the bush. But now I will give you some more proof.

Look at this scripture from Paul. Now, before I write it, I want you to realize : that it was written in 55 A.D., and the were still waiting for Christ to be revealed.

1 Corr.1: 7-9 - "Therefore you do not lack any spiritual gift as you eagerly wait for our Lord Jesus Christ to be revealed. (8) He will keep you strong to the end, so that you will be blameless on the day of our Lord Jesus Christ. (9) God, who has called you into fellowship with Son Jesus Christ our Lord, is faithful."

Why are these dudes waiting to see the revealing of Christ?? It seems like you all think that He came on His white horse in 66-70 A.D., but which saints came with Him??
Why did no one ever hear of this King of Kings?? Don't you realize that He saves the best for last??

Upvote 0

Nick_Loves_Abba

Bulls On Parade
Mar 16, 2002
Michigan
✟9,662.00
Faith
Christian
Originally posted by rollinTHUNDER
You don't like swords. Jesus has a sword coming out of His mouth. His word is truth that can cut like a double edged sword. You may not see the literal sword, but He is describing the power in His words. God created everything with just His word. AWESOME BABY
Here, we have John's first encounter with Jesus since the day of pentecost. John is at such a loss for words, that the only thing he can do is speak metaphorically. Notice the word like and as within the following scriptures... but on Rev 1:16 I don't know if this is literal or not, because the words like or as are not here at all...

Rev 1:14 His head and his hairs were white like wool, as white as snow; and his eyes were as a flame of fire;
Rev 1:15 And his feet like unto fine brass, as if they burned in a furnace; and his voice as the sound of many waters.
Rev 1:16 And he had in his right hand seven stars: and out of his mouth went a sharp twoedged sword: and his countenance was as the sun shineth in his strength.

Upvote 0
Hello parousia, Mani, GW and davo,
Do you still want more proof that Jesus is going to come again, just as He promised. I don't know why I bother sometimes, because you usually find a way to reject the whole truth, or you explain it away, or you won't respond at all when you get stumped. How do you explain Ezek.38, and the 200,000,000 man army in Rev. 9 ?? So far, you proved nothing but that you could beat around the bush. But now I will give you some more proof.

Thunder I am still waiting for you to stop explaing away scriptire when you get stumped and respond to my question. First give me some proof with the verses that say the Lord will reign on the earth a 1.000 years and I will be more that happy to answer your question in Ezek. 38 and Rev 9.

Just say the concept is one from the traditions and ideas of men and I will leave it alone.

Upvote 0

rollinTHUNDER

Veteran
Dec 30, 2001
Central Florida USA
Visit site
✟22,549.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Originally posted by Manifestation1*AD70
Thunder

Will then on that note I ask again. Where are thoses verses which say (The Lord will reign on the earth a 1.000 years)?

This is real good, coming from someone who just learned to spell his name right. You were the one who tucked your tail and ran. I, have already answered this question. Go back, and you will see my answer. I can't remember what page it's on, that's your job, go fetch.

Now here is one for you. Since you say that He will not reign on the earth, prove it. It is already proven that He will reign 1000 years, but you claim (not on earth though). Where is He, and we going to reign?? Do you think Christ is not mighty enough to rule this world?? The bible says that He is waiting for his enemies to become his footstool. The bible also says that heaven is his throne, and the earth is his footstool. WHY CAN'T YOU GET IT IN YOUR THICK SCULL??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????WHY

Upvote 0

This is real good, coming from someone who just learned to spell his name right. You were the one who tucked your tail and ran. I, have already answered this question. Go back, and you will see my answer. I can't remember what page it's on, that's your job, go fetch.

Now here is one for you. Since you say that He will not reign on the earth, prove it. It is already proven that He will reign 1000 years, but you claim (not on earth though). Where is He, and we going to reign?? Do you think Christ is not mighty enough to rule this world?? The bible says that He is waiting for his enemies to become his footstool. The bible also says that heaven is his throne, and the earth is his footstool. WHY CAN'T YOU GET IT IN YOUR THICK SCULL??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????WHY

You cannot remember what page it's on, because you did not answer the question. You say you know the Bibly so were are the verses that say the Lord will reign on the earth? Or can't you get it in your THICK SCULL "the earth will see Him on more"? John 14:19 Jesus know what he was talking about believe it or not GET THAT IN YOUR THICK SCULL.

Upvote 0

Nick_Loves_Abba

Bulls On Parade
Mar 16, 2002
Michigan
✟9,662.00
Faith
Christian
**waves hands frantically**

Hello!!! Howabout you both stop bickering like little children and let's get to the topic at hand. I've posted several, and in my opinion valid posts, and have gotten no response to them at all. Manifestation you asked for the scripture and I believe I posted it a few posts up!

Serenity Now, Serenity Now, Serenity Now.

Upvote 0
Originally posted by Nick_Loves_Abba
Rev 5:10 And hast made us unto our God kings and priests: and we shall reign on the earth.

Thank you at lest someone tonight knows how to read their Bible. There is on mention in all the Bible that Christ will reign on the earth. However it does mention His kings and priests shall reign on the earth. :)

Upvote 0

Nick_Loves_Abba

Bulls On Parade
Mar 16, 2002
Michigan
✟9,662.00
Faith
Christian
Rev 19:11 And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

Here we see Jesus coming down to heaven to make war with those who oppose him, thus, the begining of the millenium kingdom. Scripture doesn't say (I may be mistaken) however that he, after he made war, went back up into heaven.

I'm gonna look for more. :) I love e-Sword!

Upvote 0

GW

Veteran
Mar 26, 2002
USA
✟17,838.00
Faith
Christian
Look at this scripture from Paul. Now, before I write it, I want you to realize: that it was written in 55 A.D., and the were still waiting for Christ to be revealed.

1 Corr.1: 7-9 - "Therefore you do not lack any spiritual gift as you eagerly wait for our Lord Jesus Christ to be revealed. (8) He will keep you strong to the end, so that you will be blameless on the day of our Lord Jesus Christ. (9) God, who has called you into fellowship with Son Jesus Christ our Lord, is faithful."

Why are these dudes waiting to see the revealing of Christ???

Brother, 1 Cor 1:7-9 argues your whole futurist position into oblivion. Those "dudes" were indeed waiting to see the revealing of Christ!!! What a tragic error in judgment, for it was at least 2000 years off into the future? Right???

Why exactly were those dudes waiting for the end as if it would be in their generation??? Quite simply, because Jesus said it would be in their generation:

Matthew 24:33-34
So you also, when you see all these signs, may be sure that He is near--at your very door. I tell you in solemn truth that the present generation will certainly not pass away without all these things having first taken place. (Weymouth)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
**waves hands frantically**

Hello!!! Howabout you both stop bickering like little children and let's get to the topic at hand. I've posted several, and in my opinion valid posts, and have gotten no response to them at all. Manifestation you asked for the scripture and I believe I posted it a few posts up!

Serenity Now, Serenity Now, Serenity Now.

Hi there. As a matter of fact we are on the topic at hand. We have been on this very topic all week. I don't won't it to look like we are bickering I am just trying to get him to see what Jesus says and what men today are saying Jesus said.

I believe we should believe what Jesus says over what anyone today says.

Upvote 0

Nick_Loves_Abba

Bulls On Parade
Mar 16, 2002
Michigan
✟9,662.00
Faith
Christian
Rev 11:15 And the seventh angel sounded; and there were great voices in heaven, saying, The kingdoms of this world are become the kingdoms of our Lord, and of his Christ; and he shall reign for ever and ever.

The kingdoms of this world are become the kingdoms of our Lord, and of his Christ. Here is the final triumph. It is the brightness of Zion's glad morning, the long deferred day of victory, the ushering in of the conquering reign of Christ. The Agency by which this conquest is effected is the exaltation of the witnesses, or the diffusion of the Word of God. This exaltation causes the earthquake, the fall of a part of the Great City, the destruction of a part of its inhabitants, and the repentance of the remnant. These events are followed by the seventh trumpet and the proclamation of the universal reign of Christ. Then the heavenly inhabitants join in pæans of victory and songs of praise and thanksgiving.

*the search continues*

Upvote 0

Nick_Loves_Abba

Bulls On Parade
Mar 16, 2002
Michigan
✟9,662.00
Faith
Christian
Matthew 24:33-34
So you also, when you see all these signs, may be sure that He is near--at your very door. I tell you in solemn truth that the present generation will certainly not pass away without all these things having first taken place. (Weymouth)

Is it true that this verse is reffering to the restoration os Israel as a state in 1948?

Upvote 0
Mani,
If you read what I said in one of those last posts, you will discover why He will reign on earth. Combine what I said to Rev.20: 4-6, and the earth being His footstool. see ya

Thunder you just don't get it do you? I don't won't to know why you thing Christ should reign on earth. I won't to know were the Bible says "He will reign on earth." All you have done so fare is shown me what you believe but on scripture that mentions Christ reigning on the earth.

Where is the scripture that says "Christ will reign on the earth." I am giving you scripture to show why Christ will NOT reign on the earth. (John 18:36) I will take this up with you when I come home from work. Good night.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Nick_Loves_Abba

Bulls On Parade
Mar 16, 2002
Michigan
✟9,662.00
Faith
Christian
Joh 18:36 Jesus answered, My kingdom is not of this world: if my kingdom were of this world, then would my servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now is my kingdom not from hence. Joh

18:36 -
My kingdom is not of this world It would be hard for Pilate to form any conception of a kingdom not of this world, a kingdom of which the subjects did not fight with carnal weapons to defend its king, or to extend its borders. He was a soldier and the representative of a monarch whose power rested on the sword. But such a kingdom was Christ's. It was not of this world, did not spring from it, was heavenly in its origin, and hence his servants would not fight that he should not be delivered to the Jews. (1) Christ's kingdom is supernatural, not of human origin. It is in the world, but not worldly. (2) It is maintained, not by carnal weapons, but by spiritual and moral means.

Also, look at the tense Jesus uses. He the word "is". Present tense. If the word "will" is replaced with is then your right, but I believe John 16:36 isn't reffering to the Millenium Kingdom.

Also, don't use John 18:36 out of context.

Upvote 0

rollinTHUNDER

Veteran
Dec 30, 2001
Central Florida USA
Visit site
✟22,549.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Originally posted by Willis Deal
Nick,

Good job you're doing. You are correct, Jesus was refering to a spiritual kingdom which was already established.

Yeah - I also agree Nick,
You and Willis will do much better explaining our view than I can. I was not called to be a teacher, but sometimes I wish. I think you both do a great job. Cheers and Maranatha !!

Upvote 0

davo

Mar 24, 2002
Visit site
✟1,104.00
Well rollin' you may not be a teacher, but you're definitely good for a laugh ;)

You mentioned a little further back about 200,000,000 horses coming out of China. What a laugh! I remember back yester-year when you Dispensationalists had them galloping out of Russia -"it's the Russians! it's the Russians!".

Typical of diSpENSATIONALISM -ALWAYS moving the goal posts according to the latest news head-lines -'news paper theology' and tabloid at that.

davo

Upvote 0
Joh 18:36 Jesus answered, My kingdom is not of this world: if my kingdom were of this world, then would my servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now is my kingdom not from hence. Joh

18:36 -
My kingdom is not of this world It would be hard for Pilate to form any conception of a kingdom not of this world, a kingdom of which the subjects did not fight with carnal weapons to defend its king, or to extend its borders. He was a soldier and the representative of a monarch whose power rested on the sword. But such a kingdom was Christ's. It was not of this world, did not spring from it, was heavenly in its origin, and hence his servants would not fight that he should not be delivered to the Jews. (1) Christ's kingdom is supernatural, not of human origin. It is in the world, but not worldly. (2) It is maintained, not by carnal weapons, but by spiritual and moral means.

You have just made my very point. Since Christ's kingdom is supernatural not of human origin and was already established. There is no need for the literal world to see Him reign on earth, or see him any more John (14:19)

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.