The NATURE of the resurrection, second coming, Heavens & Earth passing, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

parousia70

Livin' in yesterday's tomorrow
Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟794,018.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Originally posted by rollinTHUNDER

A millenium is 1000 years in mans time, but it is only one day to the Lord. The Lord lives in Eternity and has no limits

But Thunder, you are in fact limiting God by saying a "day" to God can ONLY = 1000 human years.

If as you say (and I agree) that God is not limited by time then it must also be true that a minute of Gods time could equal 10,000 human years, or even a million. God is timeless. He is not limited to a day equaling only 1000 years as you assert.

No one has denied that to God, 1000 earth years could be like a "day", however it is you who deny Gods ability to make an earth "day" = 1000 years of His time if He so choses.

Out of sheer curiosity, Why do you insist on limiting God in that way?

Upvote 0

rollinTHUNDER

Veteran
Dec 30, 2001
Central Florida USA
Visit site
✟22,549.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Originally posted by Phoenix
Hey Thunder, hang in there. This is a great argument and you all are doing it well and in good spirit. I do agree with the footnote in my study Bible that all prophecy has been fulfilled at Matt 24:34 ( NKJV Reformation Bible ) except for the coming of Christ.

Regards

Hello Phoenix,
I guess I will probably drop in from time to time, when the forum gets slow, but not in agreement.

Yikes, your Bible says that all prophecy has been fulfilled?? Does your Bible contain Ezekiel 38 and 39??
Does your Bible tell about the 200,000,000 man army coming from the east?? And would you also believe that, that army could have even existed in A.D. 70?? It would appear that if your Bible actually says that, then Satan has made his way into scripture. What a terrible shame. I would love to get my hands around that devils neck, but that pleasure is reserved for the Lord. See ya.

Upvote 0

davo

Mar 24, 2002
Visit site
✟1,104.00

I would love to get my hands around that devils neck, but that pleasure is reserved for the Lord. See ya.

Hey rollin' -this one you don't have to worry about. Jesus already did it, back nearly two millennia ago. This world's problem isn't Satan it's Sin, it isn't the Devil it's Doubt! We can't blame the devil any more -Jesus HAS the total victory NOW :clap:

This was the Believers promise then:
Romans 16:20 (NKJV) And the God of peace will crush Satan under your feet shortly.
The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you. Amen.

This is the Believer's position since then:
1 John 5:18 (NASV) We know that no one who is born of God sins; but He who was born of God keeps him, and the evil one does not touch him.

davo

Upvote 0
Thunder

Hello Mami,

Isaiah 66: 1 - "This is what the Lord says: "Heaven is my throne, and the earth is my footstool. Where is the house you will build for me? Where will my resting place be?"

Heb.10: 13 - "Since that time He waits for His enemies to be made His footstool,"

There should be no more doubt about it. He will rule and reign on the physical earth for no less than 1000 years.

Thunder it is you who are not answering the question. The verses you are pointing to says "the earth is the Lords footstool." There is NO MENTION OF THE EARTH OR A 1.000 YEARS. I have asked you over and over again to show the verses which says "the Lord will reign on the earth and you have failed to do so.

If you believe somthing you should be able the show why you believe it from the Bible. So were are the verses which say "the Lord will reign on the earth a 1.000 years?

Upvote 0

parousia70

Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟794,018.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Does your Bible contain Ezekiel 38 and 39??
Does your Bible tell about the 200,000,000 man army coming from the east?? And would you also believe that, that army could have even existed in A.D. 70??

Thunder, My Bible says that the 200,000,000 man army is on horseback.
My guess is that since you take the 200,000,000 man part of the prophesy literally, you must also believe they all will be riding literal horses.

At the current, exponential rate of increase, the Global equine population will not reach 200,000,000 until about the year 3850, give or take a hundred years. Then there are the logistics of of moving every horse on earth, once their # reaches the required 200,000,000, to one location in the "east" so the 200,000,000 men can "mount up".

Since you believe this all must "literally" come to pass, then don't hold your breath cause it simply can not happen for another 1800 years.

YBIC,
P70

Upvote 0

parousia70

Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟794,018.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
oh boy - you guys will get along just fine. But, where do you think sin came from??

Sin entered the world through Adam.
All responsibility for sin on earth goes back to Him alone. His free choice to disobey God resulted in Sin coming into this earth. Satan certainly did not make him disobey God. Satan can not make anoyone disobey God.

Mans Heart alone is evil above all things, even Satan.
Evil, sin, suffering, etc., all exist today because of the heart of man, not because "Satan" is behind the scenes "pulling the strings". In fact, nowhere in scripture does it state that for evil to exist int he world, Satan has to be working it or behind it somehow.

Sin is mans responsibility alone.

Thunder,
Why not come out from under the blanket of excuse that "the devil made me do it" and start accepting responsibility for your own actions. Satan is powerless to make you, or anyone, do anything.

Isn't it high time you stopped blaming "Satan" and started accepting responsibility for your own sins?

Upvote 0

rollinTHUNDER

Veteran
Dec 30, 2001
Central Florida USA
Visit site
✟22,549.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Originally posted by parousia70

Thunder, My Bible says that the 200,000,000 man army is on horseback.
My guess is that since you take the 200,000,000 man part of the prophesy literally, you must also believe they all will be riding literal horses.

At the current, exponential rate of increase, the Global equine population will not reach 200,000,000 until about the year 3850, give or take a hundred years. Then there are the logistics of of moving every horse on earth, once their # reaches the required 200,000,000, to one location in the "east" so the 200,000,000 men can "mount up".

Since you believe this all must "literally" come to pass, then don't hold your breath cause it simply can not happen for another 1800 years.

YBIC,
P70

Yes, I take it for the most part, literal. It's not a ferry tale. It's not a funny joke. It's not old news. The number is right. The only thing that doesn't sound exactly right, is their mode of travel. They may actually be on horseback, or, they could be riding on something that John did not know how to describe. In any event, this was immpossible in A.D.70.

I believe the number is literal, and if you look to the east, right now, you will see a nation called China. China can right now, as we speak, field an army of 200,000,000 men. I believe this army will one day soon, advance on Israel. It would also appear that they will be using Nukes in that war and 1/3 of mankind will be wiped out. This world will be destroyed by fire, and even the elements will be melted. All nations will be coming against Israel, not just China. China will be the last ones on the scene. This is not the shadow of A.D.70, this will be the main event. Wake up everybody, look at Israel right now. Israel is a cup of trembling, and a stumblingblock for the nations and their plans for peace. It's almost time to be going home, AMEN, come Lord Jesus.

Upvote 0

parousia70

Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟794,018.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

I take it for the most part, literal. It's not a ferry tale. It's not a funny joke. It's not old news. The number is right. The only thing that doesn't sound exactly right, is their mode of travel. They may actually be on horseback, or, they could be riding on something that John did not know how to describe.

WHAT!!!! The mode of transportation dosen't "sound right" to you, so that gives you the right to dismiss it as "guesswork" by John?

Surely you can come up with something better than that Thunder. Either the prophesy is literal or it isn't. You can't pick and choose what is literal and what is symbolic in that prophesy based on your personal bias. God forbid!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

rollinTHUNDER

Veteran
Dec 30, 2001
Central Florida USA
Visit site
✟22,549.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
You don't like swords. Jesus has a sword coming out of His mouth. His word is truth that can cut like a double edged sword. You may not see the literal sword, but He is describing the power in His words. God created everything with just His word. AWESOME BABY

Upvote 0

davo

Mar 24, 2002
Visit site
✟1,104.00
But, where do you think sin came from?? Never mind, don't even bother answering that. See ya

Well rollin' I just couldn't help myself. I had to answer. Have look at Romans chapter five, in particular verse twelve, and if you can't be bothered here it is for you:

Rom 5:12 (NKJV) Therefore, just as through one man sin entered the world, and death through sin, and thus death spread to all men, because all sinned--

Well look at that, no mention of the devil -Sin entered through Adam. And look at Genesis chapter four verse seven, again in stead of making brash statments here it is:

Gen 4:7 (NKJV) If you do well, will you not be accepted? And if you do not do well, sin lies at the door. And its desire is for you, but you should rule over it."

"Did you see that!" SIN, not Satan lurks at the door. It's the heart of man that is evil ABOVE ALL ELSE, at least according to Jer 17:9 -if you will believe it.

And just in case this isn't clear -check this out:

James 1:14-15 (NKJV) But each one is tempted when he is drawn away by his own desires and enticed. Then, when desire has conceived, it gives birth to sin; and sin, when it is full-grown, brings forth death.

Isn't God's Word amazing -once you read it.

davo

Upvote 0

davo

Mar 24, 2002
Visit site
✟1,104.00
rollin'

Well you'll find if you look "close" enough that God's good creation fell into corruption when sin entered in on it through Adam's wilfull choice. To be sure the devil was present before hand, BUT this world was not affected in ANY way UNTIL Adam chose against God. Have a think about it and READ your Bible.

davo

Upvote 0

Yes, I take it for the most part, literal. It's not a ferry tale. It's not a funny joke. It's not old news. The number is right. The only thing that doesn't sound exactly right, is their mode of travel. They may actually be on horseback, or, they could be riding on something that John did not know how to describe. In any event, this was immpossible in A.D.70.

Come on Thunder. Surely you can come up with something better than that. John did not know how to describe it.:scratch: That kind of carnal statement can open a big can of warms. What else did John not know how to describe? "? What else did John not understand? Was Jesus really Israel's Messiah? Did John really know how to describe how to enter "the kingdom of God"? You cannot make that type of carnal of statement without opening a big can of warms.

And just where are those verses which say the "Lord will reign on the earth a 1.000 years"?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
You don't like swords. Jesus has a sword coming out of His mouth. His word is truth that can cut like a double edged sword. You may not see the literal sword, but He is describing the power in His words. God created everything with just His word. AWESOME BABY

Now that statement sounds funny coming from one who takes the word literal. If the sword coming out of Jesus mouth is not literal then why is the cloud that He rides on literal? :scratch:

Upvote 0

rollinTHUNDER

Veteran
Dec 30, 2001
Central Florida USA
Visit site
✟22,549.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Originally posted by Manifestation1*AD70

Now that statement sounds funny coming from one who takes the word literal. If the sword coming out of Jesus mouth is not literal then why is the cloud that He rides on literal? :scratch:

I don't take everything literal, and I never said that I did. Just for you friend, this is the way I interpret Prophecy :

When the plain sense of Scripture makes common sense, seek no other sense, but take every word as it's literal meaning unless the facts of the context clearly indicate otherwise.

But you on the other hand, reject prophecy claiming that everything has already been fulfilled. I think it is laughable that you actually think this is the New Earth. This sinful polluted world is passing away, just as Jesus said. When He makes all things new, then you will see things as they were when He created them, in Genesis chapter one. I am already aware that Christ already came. The first time, He came to serve, the next time He will be served. The King of Kings will have His day (1000 yrs). The first time He suffered, but the next time, His enemies will suffer. The first time He was rejected by men, but the next time those very same men will Bow down before Him, and acknowledge He is Lord, and they will be rejected. The first time He came, men stood in judgment of Him, the next time He comes He will be the judge. I could go on and on, but you don't have the faith it takes to believe, so whats the use. The defense rests in His honor !!

Upvote 0
Thunder

When the plain sense of Scripture makes common sense,seek no other sense, but take every word as it's literal meaning unless the facts of the context clearly indicate otherwise.

Will then on that note I ask again. Where are thoses verses which say (The Lord will reign on the earth a 1.000 years)?

Upvote 0

Nick_Loves_Abba

Bulls On Parade
Mar 16, 2002
Michigan
✟9,662.00
Faith
Christian
Rev 20:1 And I saw an angel come down from heaven, having the key of the bottomless pit and a great chain in his hand.
Rev 20:2 And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years,
Rev 20:3 And cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal upon him, that he should deceive the nations no more, till the thousand years should be fulfilled: and after that he must be loosed a little season.
Rev 20:4 And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.
Rev 20:5 But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection.
Rev 20:6 Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.
Rev 20:7 And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison,
Rev 20:8 And shall go out to deceive the nations which are in the four quarters of the earth, Gog and Magog, to gather them together to battle: the number of whom is as the sand of the sea.
Rev 20:9 And they went up on the breadth of the earth, and compassed the camp of the saints about, and the beloved city: and fire came down from God out of heaven, and devoured them.
Rev 20:10 And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever.
Rev 20:11 And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them.
Rev 20:12 And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.
Rev 20:13 And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.
Rev 20:14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.
Rev 20:15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.