The Most Intense Scripture in the Bible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

visionary

Your God is my God... Ruth said, so say I.
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,802.44
Faith
Messianic
1 Corinthians 3:16
Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?
When you read this in relationship to how Jesus went into the temple and chased out the money changers and declared this place is His House of Prayer... and think about how He could come to your mind and do the same...Come Lord Jesus... I need all the help I can get.

Upvote 0

humbledbyhim

Oct 27, 2005
Baltimore, Maryland
✟932.00
Faith
Christian
1Corinthians 1:25Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men; and the weakness of God is stronger than men.

What do you suppose the "weakness" is? Love?
1 John 3: 9Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.

This leaves no room for error. Let us all strive to reach this point.

Upvote 0

humbledbyhim

Oct 27, 2005
Baltimore, Maryland
✟932.00
Faith
Christian
Eyes2wardsHeaven said:
John 13:2-52 And supper being ended, the devil having now put into the heart of Judas Iscariot, Simon's son, to betray him; 3 Jesus knowing that the Father had given all things into his hands, and that he was come from God, and went to God; 4 He riseth from supper, and laid aside his garments; and took a towel, and girded himself. 5 After that he poureth water into a basin, and began to wash the disciples' feet, and to wipe them with the towel wherewith he was girded.

I have read this many times but untill a couple days I reliazed that Jesus washed Judas' feet, all the time knowing that he betrayed him. I know in my life I have a hard time being nice to people I dont really get along with, nevermind anybody who has betrayed. This verse always shows me that I need to be a servent to people I really dont like or get along with.

Is it okay if I say :amen:

Upvote 0

Bethshaya

Argh!
Feb 21, 2005
Connecticut, USA
✟8,380.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged
John 11:35
Jesus wept.

The smallest verse in the bible, and yet it speaks so much to me. He cried! He cried for Lazarus...why? He knew he could raise him, so he wasnt crying because he was dead. He cried because he was a "man" FULL of compassion.

Can you imagine! He cries for us. He knows how He can help us and He is moved by that.

Can you imagine a man who sees you all dressed up for a party...and cries because he is happy and proud that you are his? Can you imagine that after reading scripture, you finially get it, and he cries because he is proud that you understand? Can you imagine, in your deepest despair, you cry out for help, and he cries, holds out his arms and says....I am here! Can you imagine a man who isnt hindered by ideals of "macho" to actually let you know what he is thinking and feeling, without hurt or abrash. Someone who can guide you gently, nudge you sternly, but still do it all with love?

I used to buy into that Hollywood notion from the movies that Jesus was this meak, skinny, shy quiet man with long dark hair, blue eyes and pale english skin. How silly is that. Thousands followed him to hear him...He has to be engaging, lively, energetic, compassionate, loving, fun, whimsical. He has to HOLD an audience. People WANTED to follow him because HE has something they couldnt find in anyone else.

THAT is MY Lord. Someone who I can sit at their feet and they make me laugh, cry, cheer, sad..all of it. He is amazing...He isnt dull, boring, stern, angry and non responsive. HE IS ALIVE!

Yes, its the smallest verse, but it speaks volumes to me.

Upvote 0

Knowledge3

Mar 29, 2005
✟9,814.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Numbers 12:11.6

6 he said, "Listen to my words: "When a prophet of the Lord is among you, I reveal myself to him in visions, I speak to him in dreams. But this is not true of my servant Moses; he is faithful in all my house. With him I speak face to face, clearly and not in riddles; he sees the form of the Lord. Why then were you not afraid to speak against my servant Moses?"
:bow: :bow: :bow:

Upvote 0

visionary

Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,802.44
Faith
Messianic
Knowledge3 said:
Numbers 12:11.6

6 he said, "Listen to my words: "When a prophet of the Lord is among you, I reveal myself to him in visions, I speak to him in dreams. But this is not true of my servant Moses; he is faithful in all my house. With him I speak face to face, clearly and not in riddles; he sees the form of the Lord. Why then were you not afraid to speak against my servant Moses?"
:bow: :bow: :bow:
:amen:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

visionary

Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,802.44
Faith
Messianic
Isaiah 53:10 Yet it pleased the LORD to bruise him; he hath put him to grief: when thou shalt make his soul an offering for sin, he shall see his seed, he shall prolong his days, and the pleasure of the LORD shall prosper in his hand.
Was in a discussion with a jew who asked where in scripture does it say that a human sacrifice would be acceptable. Then the Lord showed me.

Upvote 0

Knowledge3

Mar 29, 2005
✟9,814.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Father, I pray these two specific sections of Your Word in Your Name, Help me to learn your ways and teachings to follow you faithfully. Amen

Deuteronomy 33.13

About Benjamin he said:

Let the beloved of the Lord rest
secure in him,
for he shields him all day long,
and the one the Lord loves rests
between his shoulders.

Deuteronomy 33.22

About Joseph, he said:

May the Lord bless his land
with the precious dew from heaven above
and with the deep waters that lie
below
and with best the sun brings forth
and finest the moon can yield
with the choicest gifts of the ancient
mountains
and the fruitfulness of the everlasting hills
with the best gifts of the earth and it's fullness
and the favor of him who dwelt in
the burning bush
Let all these rest of the head of your brother Joseph
on the brow of the prince among
his brothers.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Status
Not open for further replies.