The Most Intense Scripture in the Bible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knowledge3

Mar 29, 2005
✟9,814.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
This thread is going to consist of what the title says. Others are welcome to add thier own verses they think is intense.As the thread progresses down the line, the verses will not be for the faint of heart. I would peg this thread as off limits to intelligent kids who haven't reached maturity as an obligatory warning for parents.I consider all Scripture relevant and of importance but many obviously stand out.

Knowledge3

Mar 29, 2005
✟9,814.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Ezekiel 28.11The word of the Lord came to me: "Son of man, take up a lament concerning the king of Tyre and say to him: 'This is what the Sovereign Lord says:You were the model of perfection, full of wisdom and perfect in beauty. You were in Eden, the garden of God; every precious stone adorned you; ruby,topaz, and emerald,chrysolite,onyx and jasper,sapphire, torquoise and beryl. Your settings were made of gold; on the day you were created they were prepared. You were anointed as a gaurdian cherub, for I ordained you. You were on the holy mount of God; you walked among the fiery stones. You were blameless in your ways from the day you were created till wickedness was found in you. Through your widespread trade you were filled with violence and you sinned. So I drove you in disgrace from the mount of God, and expelled you, O guardian cherub,from among the fiery stones. Your heart became proud on account of your beauty, and your corrupted your wisdom because of your splendor. So I threw you to the earth; I made a spectacle of you before kings. By your many sins and dishonest trade you have desecrated your sanctuaries. So I made a fire come out from you, and it consumed you, and I reduced you to ashes on the ground in sight of all who were watching. All the nations who knew you are appalled at you; you have come to an horrible end and will be no more.

Upvote 0

Psalms101

Veteran
Apr 6, 2004
✟1,576.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Hebrews 10:26-30
26For we—wilfully sinning after the receiving the full knowledge of the truth—no more for sins doth there remain a sacrifice, 27but a certain fearful looking for of judgment, and fiery zeal, about to devour the opposers; 28any one who did set at nought a law of Moses, apart from mercies, by two or three witnesses, doth die, 29of how much sorer punishment shall he be counted worthy who the Son of God did trample on, and the blood of the covenant did count a common thing, in which he was sanctified, and to the Spirit of the grace did despite? 30for we have known Him who is saying, ‘Vengeance is Mine, I will recompense, saith the Lord;’ and again, ‘The Lord shall judge His people;’

Reactions: Caprice
Upvote 0

Knowledge3

Mar 29, 2005
✟9,814.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Isaiah 42.25

I will lay waste the mountains and hills and dry up all thier vegetation;I will turn rivers into islands and dry up the pools. I will lead the blind by ways they have not known, along unfamiliar paths I will guide them; I will turn darkness into light before them and make the rough places smooth.

Upvote 0

bluemarkus

Veteran
Nov 19, 2004
somewhere on google maps
✟17,853.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Jdg 19:25 But the men would not hearken to him: so the man took his concubine, and brought her forth unto them; and they knew her, and abused her all the night until the morning: and when the day began to spring, they let her go.

Jdg 19:26 Then came the woman in the dawning of the day, and fell down at the door of the man's house where her lord was, till it was light.

Jdg 19:27 And her lord rose up in the morning, and opened the doors of the house, and went out to go his way: and, behold, the woman his concubine was fallen down at the door of the house, and her hands were upon the threshold.

Jdg 19:28 And he said unto her, Up, and let us be going. But none answered. Then the man took her up upon an ass, and the man rose up, and got him unto his place.

Jdg 19:29 And when he was come into his house, he took a knife, and laid hold on his concubine, and divided her, together with her bones, into twelve pieces, and sent her into all the coasts of Israel.

Jdg 19:30 And it was so, that all that saw it said, There was no such deed done nor seen from the day that the children of Israel came up out of the land of Egypt unto this day: consider of it, take advice, and speak your minds.
--------------------------------------------------------
for me personally, this is emotionally the cruelest thing ever read in the bible.

the most powerful thing is when he talks in job about the pleiades and orion.
mind-blowing !

Upvote 0

Knowledge3

Mar 29, 2005
✟9,814.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Isaiah 25.4

Strong peoples will honor you; cities of ruthless nations will revere you. You have been a refuge for the poor, a refuge for the needy in his distress. A shelter from the storm and a shade from the heat. For the breath of the ruthless is like a storm driving against a wall and like the heat of the desert. You silence the uproar of foreigners;as heat is reduced by the shadow of it's cloud, so the song of the ruthless is stilled.

Upvote 0

Knowledge3

Mar 29, 2005
✟9,814.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Romans 11.4

And what was God's answer to him? I have reserved for myself seven thousand who have not bowed to the knee of Baal.

Romans 10.2

For I can testify about them that they are not zealous for God, since thier zeal is not based on knowledge. Since they did not know the righteousness that comes from God and sought to establish thier own, they did not submit to God's righteousness.

1 Corinthians 1.20

For since in the wisdom of God, the world through it's wisdom did not know him. God was pleased through the foolishness of what was preached to save those who believe.

1 Corinthians 3.19

For the wisdom of this world is foolishness in God's sight.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SavedByGrace3

Jesus is Lord of ALL! (Not asking permission)
Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟560,844.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Matthew 27:46
46 And about the ninth hour Jesus cried with a loud voice, saying, Eli, Eli, lama sabachthani? that is, My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?

Upvote 0

Knowledge3

Mar 29, 2005
✟9,814.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
didaskalos said:
Matthew 27:46
46 And about the ninth hour Jesus cried with a loud voice, saying, Eli, Eli, lama sabachthani? that is, My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?

Hebrews 13
To which of the angels did God ever say,

Sit at my right hand,
until I make your enemies
a footstool for your feet.

Upvote 0

Knowledge3

Mar 29, 2005
✟9,814.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
bluemarkus said:
the most powerful thing is when he talks in job about the pleiades and orion.
mind-blowing !

orion.jpg

Job 9.8
He alone stretches out the heavens and treads on the waves of the sea. He is the maker of the Bear and Orion, the Pleiades and the constellations of the south. He performs wonders that cannot be fathomed, miracles that cannot be counted.

orion_l.gif

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Status
Not open for further replies.