The Most Intense Scripture in the Bible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knowledge3

Mar 29, 2005
✟9,814.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Isaiah 45.3

I will give you the treasures of
darkness,
riches stored in secret places,
so that you may know that I am the
Lord,
the God of Israel, who summons you by name.
For the sake of Jacob, my servant,
of Israel my chosen,
I summon you by name
and bestow on you a title of honor,
though you do not acknowledge
me.
I am the Lord, and there is no other;
apart from me there is no God.

I will strengthen you,
though you have not acknowledged me,

so that the from the rising of the sun
to the place of it's setting
men may know that there is none besides me.

I am the Lord, and there is no other.

I form the light and create darkness,
I bring prosperity and create
disaster;
I, the Lord, do all these things.

Upvote 0

Knowledge3

Mar 29, 2005
✟9,814.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Ephesians 6.10

Finally, be strong in the Lord and his mighty power. Put on the full armor of God so that you can take your stand against the devil's schemes. For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.

Upvote 0

Knowledge3

Mar 29, 2005
✟9,814.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
2 Corinthians 4.13

It is written: "I believed; there I have spoken." With that same spirit of faith we also believe and therefore speak, because we know that the one raised Lord Jesus from the dead will also raise us with Jesus and present us with you in his presence.

Upvote 0

NewCovenant

Aug 26, 2005
South Carolina
Visit site
✟8,043.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Jer 1:5 "Before I formed you in the womb I knew you."

Psalm 19 1-18
O LORD, You have searched me and known me.
You know when I sit down and when I rise up;
You understand my thought from afar.
You scrutinize my path and my lying down,
And are intimately acquainted with all my ways.
Even before there is a word on my tongue,
Behold, O LORD, You know it all.
You have enclosed me behind and before,
And laid Your hand upon me.
Such knowledge is too wonderful for me;
It is too high, I cannot attain to it.
Where can I go from Your Spirit?
Or where can I flee from Your presence?
If I ascend to heaven, You are there;
If I make my bed in Sheol, behold, You are there.
If I take the wings of the dawn,
If I dwell in the remotest part of the sea,
Even there Your hand will lead me,
And Your right hand will lay hold of me.
If I say, "Surely the darkness will overwhelm me,
And the light around me will be night,"
Even the darkness is not dark to You,
And the night is as bright as the day.
Darkness and light are alike to You.
For You formed my inward parts;
You wove me in my mother's womb.
I will give thanks to You,
for I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
Wonderful are Your works,
And my soul knows it very well.
My frame was not hidden from You,
When I was made in secret,
And skillfully wrought in the depths of the earth;
Your eyes have seen my unformed substance;
And in Your book were all written
The days that were ordained for me,
When as yet there was not one of them.
How precious also are Your thoughts to me, O God!
How vast is the sum of them!
If I should count them,
they would outnumber the sand.
When I awake, I am still with You.

:prayer:

Upvote 0

jusluvm

Apr 16, 2005
✟8,171.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Isaiah 43:10-13

10 "You are my witnesses," declares the LORD,
"and my servant whom I have chosen,
so that you may know and believe me
and understand that I am he.
Before me no god was formed,
nor will there be one after me.

11 I, even I, am the LORD,
and apart from me there is no savior.

12 I have revealed and saved and proclaimed—
I, and not some foreign god among you.
You are my witnesses," declares the LORD, "that I am God.

13 Yes, and from ancient days I am he.
No one can deliver out of my hand.
When I act, who can reverse it?"

Upvote 0

Knowledge3

Mar 29, 2005
✟9,814.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Jesus begins to Preach :preach:

Matthew 4.12

When Jesus heard that John had been put in prison, he returned to Galilee. Leaving Nazareth, he went and lived in Capernaum, which was by the lake in the area of Zebulun and Napthali--to fulfill what was said through the prophet Isaiah:

Land of Zebulun and land of Naphtali, the way to the sea, along the Jordan, Galilee of the Gentiles--the people living in darkness have seen a great light; on those living in the land of shadow of death a new light has dawned.

From that time on Jesus began to preach, "Repent, for the kingdom of heaven is near."

Upvote 0

SH89

Sola scriptura
Aug 7, 2004
Los Angeles, California
Visit site
✟17,673.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Ok guys look at one description of sheol/hades:

isaiah 14:9 The grave[sheol or hades in greek) [a] below is all astir
to meet you at your coming;
it rouses the spirits of the departed to greet you—
all those who were leaders in the world;
it makes them rise from their thrones—
all those who were kings over the nations.

10 They will all respond,
they will say to you,
"You also have become weak, as we are;
you have become like us."

11 All your pomp has been brought down to the grave,
along with the noise of your harps;
maggots are spread out beneath you
and worms cover you.

Look at the last two lines of Isaiah, maggots are spread out beneath you
and worms cover you. Hades is not a fun place to be!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ShaunJ

Veteran
Aug 9, 2004
✟1,612.00
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
9That if you confess with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. 10For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you confess and are saved. 11As the Scripture says, "Anyone who trusts in him will never be put to shame."12For there is no difference between Jew and Gentile—the same Lord is Lord of all and richly blesses all who call on him, 13for, "Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved."

Upvote 0

Eyes2wardsHeaven

Bluebird
Sep 23, 2005
✟16,807.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
John 13:2-52 And supper being ended, the devil having now put into the heart of Judas Iscariot, Simon's son, to betray him; 3 Jesus knowing that the Father had given all things into his hands, and that he was come from God, and went to God; 4 He riseth from supper, and laid aside his garments; and took a towel, and girded himself. 5 After that he poureth water into a basin, and began to wash the disciples' feet, and to wipe them with the towel wherewith he was girded.

I have read this many times but untill a couple days I reliazed that Jesus washed Judas' feet, all the time knowing that he betrayed him. I know in my life I have a hard time being nice to people I dont really get along with, nevermind anybody who has betrayed. This verse always shows me that I need to be a servent to people I really dont like or get along with.

Upvote 0

SH89

Sola scriptura
Aug 7, 2004
Los Angeles, California
Visit site
✟17,673.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Eyes2wardsHeaven said:
John 13:2-52 And supper being ended, the devil having now put into the heart of Judas Iscariot, Simon's son, to betray him; 3 Jesus knowing that the Father had given all things into his hands, and that he was come from God, and went to God; 4 He riseth from supper, and laid aside his garments; and took a towel, and girded himself. 5 After that he poureth water into a basin, and began to wash the disciples' feet, and to wipe them with the towel wherewith he was girded.

I have read this many times but untill a couple days I reliazed that Jesus washed Judas' feet, all the time knowing that he betrayed him. I know in my life I have a hard time being nice to people I dont really get along with, nevermind anybody who has betrayed. This verse always shows me that I need to be a servent to people I really dont like or get along with.

Wow, I have never thought of that. Good point.
:thumbsup:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Knowledge3

Mar 29, 2005
✟9,814.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Psa 81:3 Blow up the trumpet in the new moon, in the time appointed, on our solemn feast day.

Psa 8:3 When I consider thy heavens, the work of thy fingers, the moon and the stars, which thou hast ordained;

Psa 148:3 Praise ye him, sun and moon: praise him, all ye stars of light.

Upvote 0

Knowledge3

Mar 29, 2005
✟9,814.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
2 Corinthians 4:6
For God, who said, "Let light shine out of darkness," made his light shine in our hearts to give us the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Christ.

Some thoughts and descriptions on the divinity and mercy of God. When a person catches a glimpse or reflection of the Risen Jesus, they are forever changed in a moment, and hearts and hands are healed and made anew in the blood of Jesus. The God of the Universe reflects his human nature in Jesus. That is why many men have no account or knowledge of Jesus, because they do not acknowledge or respect God's divinity and majesty, nor have the Spirit that enables them to understand.

1 Thessalonians 1:6
You became imitators of us and of the Lord; in spite of severe suffering, you welcomed the message with the joy given by the Holy Spirit.

Many Christians today attempt imitate Christ by worship and glorifying the act of worship. As well as reflecting on good deeds and being kind to one another, this is a noble endeavor. But the sorrow,suffering, and bleeding Christ on the cross is what redeems and restores the Christian soul. So in everyway possible, I work to imitate the bleeding & suffering and sorrowful Jesus, to bring true repentance and healing. That is what it means to imitate Christ before people.

Upvote 0

kelco

Rev. Kelco
Feb 28, 2002
Mathias WV
Visit site
✟29,098.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
Luk 10:29 But he wanted to justify himself, so he asked Jesus, "And who is my neighbor?"
Luk 10:30 In reply Jesus said: "A man was going down from Jerusalem to Jericho, when he fell into the hands of robbers. They stripped him of his clothes, beat him and went away, leaving him half dead.
Luk 10:31 A priest happened to be going down the same road, and when he saw the man, he passed by on the other side.
Luk 10:32 So too, a Levite, when he came to the place and saw him, passed by on the other side.
Luk 10:33 But a Samaritan, as he traveled, came where the man was; and when he saw him, he took pity on him.
Luk 10:34 He went to him and bandaged his wounds, pouring on oil and wine. Then he put the man on his own donkey, took him to an inn and took care of him.
Luk 10:35 The next day he took out two silver coins and gave them to the innkeeper. 'Look after him,' he said, 'and when I return, I will reimburse you for any extra expense you may have.'
Luk 10:36 "Which of these three do you think was a neighbor to the man who fell into the hands of robbers?"
Luk 10:37 The expert in the law replied, "The one who had mercy on him."
Jesus told him, "Go and do likewise."

From Matthew Henry's commentary.

Christ gave an instance of a poor Jew in distress, relieved by a good Samaritan. This poor man fell among thieves, who left him about to die of his wounds. He was slighted by those who should have been his friends, and was cared for by a stranger, a Samaritan, of the nation which the Jews most despised and detested, and would have no dealings with. It is lamentable to observe how selfishness governs all ranks; how many excuses men will make to avoid trouble or expense in relieving others. But the true Christian has the law of love written in his heart. The Spirit of Christ dwells in him; Christ's image is renewed in his soul. The parable is a beautiful explanation of the law of loving our neighbour as ourselves, without regard to nation, party, or any other distinction. It also sets forth the kindness and love of God our Saviour toward sinful, miserable men. We were like this poor, distressed traveller. Satan, our enemy, has robbed us, and wounded us: such is the mischief sin has done us. The blessed Jesus had compassion on us. The believer considers that Jesus loved him, and gave his life for him, when an enemy and a rebel; and having shown him mercy, he bids him go and do likewise. It is the duty of us all , in our places, and according to our ability, to succour, help, and relieve all that are in distress and necessity.

Upvote 0

Knowledge3

Mar 29, 2005
✟9,814.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
A prayer from the desert
------------------------
Lord Jesus Christ, whose will all things
obey: pardon what I have done and grant
that I, a sinner, may sin no more. Lord,
I believe that though I do not deserve
it, you can cleanse me from all my sins.
Lord, I know that man looks upon the
face, but you see the heart. Send your
spirit into my inmost being, to take
possession of my soul and body. Without
you I cannot be saved; with you to
protect me, I long for your salvation.
And now I ask you for your salvation.
And now I ask you for wisdom, deign of
your great goodness to help and defend
me. Guide my heart, almighty God, that I
may remember your presence day and night.
++ Amen ++

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.