The Most Difficult Thing About Being Single Is……

Im_A

Legend
May 10, 2004
✟35,359.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
In Relationship
knowing that someone cares for you and is there and to be next to you.

to celebrate good times with. to mourn over bad times with. to do things together. have fun, be stupid together, be crazy together.

just someone there to live life with is the hardest part of being single for me.

Upvote 0

Krysstian

Veteran
May 12, 2006
✟16,661.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I think the hardest part of being single is just waiting. Waiting on that special someone to come into your life. Like ya'll said too just having nobody there.
Yea...I use to have the whole I dont want to get married, I dont want children, until I met Mr. D (can't say his real name)...He is an 82 year old man with no wife, no children, and barely any family. I honestly cried for him when I meet him. I felt horrible because I know I would be hurt to not have the oppurtunity to love someone. Family and friends are there but people grow...they get married and start their own lives...

My Heavenly Father will always be there and I know I can also coutn on Him...but at the end of the day a part of me was created to have a mate...

I am single and happy...and I overcome the little challenges that may come...its just why should I be single if God can bless me with a amazing mate?

Upvote 0

Krysstian

Veteran
May 12, 2006
✟16,661.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Sorry you are feeling lonely.

I do not really miss that, I have learned the only one who encourages me, empowers me or gives me peace is God and not someone who is looking what they have to gain.
Oh I am not lonely...I don't think so
I have family and everything...
It's just when I need someone to talk about my spiritual life...there is no one there to talk to...

I encourage myself more than anyone encourages me...but it is still nice to know that there is someone other than God and yourself...who can love on you a little bit every now and then...

Upvote 0

Taylor43

Jesus loves everyone!
Feb 26, 2006
Alberta
✟67,737.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
I am praying for you, I know for me i am not ready to have a mate because some issues in my life, however it would be good to have a companship. It can be tough. But unless we are committed to a relationship to Gods timing we need to be ready and for me i know God will let me know when i am ready to date.

Do not let the 82 year old man get to you down. God has a plan for you and i know as a women of God he will provide you may not know how it will unfold but however it works out God is looking after you. Do not be discouraged but pray to God ask him what he wants for your life to be full filled.

The wrong thing to do is to go by the worlds way and the new age. Best way to do things is to have faith and trust in God and allow you both to work things out. It can be a battle being 24 never dated and having friends who are married. I right not have issues to work through and i know God is wanting me to have a family or be a counsellor but i am only going to go on not my dreams but take it day by day.

Have you considered adopting a pet fish,dog or cat. They are such good company. I live with my Grandpa and we get along good but it can sure get lonely. What helps is just relying on Jesus and i know you do from reading your posts. I hope you feel encouraged and i am always here so is the rest of this forum.

Love
Taylor

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

simpleone

Veteran
Jan 30, 2007
✟18,099.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The most difficult thing about being unloved is that I probably won't go to any better of a heaven than those who were blessed with love.
dude, God loves you more than you can ever imagine...HIS love is better than any "love" you can get from a guy or girl here. His love is faithful and enduring. His love is soooo great that HE sent his only son to die for you....and Jesus' love is soooo vast that...while u hated and sinned against him... he died for you...so can be saved from eternal death. But this is just tip of the iceberg...I still dont understand his love for me...i dont know if i ever will...

There is soo much more in Gods love... HE watches over us...theres even verse which says he sings and dances over us...each one of is sooo precious in his sight... even the most vile and evil people on this earth. Someone said even when Saddam was killed..God would have shed a tear...HE doesnt want anyone to miss out on - the knowledge of the one who created this universe...HE knew us before we were born...our walls are continually before him.

I know of course...we have the need for that special someone we could see and touch. I do as well... but I hope this desire will not overshadow my desire for God...there are many times when I feel "alone" ...then I remind myself of Gods presence and where he says he is always with me (and how can I hide from him even).

But yeah...would be nice to find that special someone soon :) Remember God loves each of the same!

god bless!

Upvote 0

Krysstian

Veteran
May 12, 2006
✟16,661.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
What are you talking about?

I don't even date. I don't even have a man in my life and that is the last thing I am trying to do. I just would like a spiritual friend male or female...being single...is just that you are by yourself...you have no one to pray with, no one to do bible studies with...I tried to involved people but they wasn't interested...

I am not down...and I do not dwell on this...

That 82 year old man was heart broken, I could see it in his face....

I am not lonely lol..my goodness...see this is what happen when I try to be honest...people perceive me way differently...

I have a room mate that I am trying to get rid of...i dream about being alone...since my father move in I have no time to myself and its horrible

Upvote 0

Krysstian

Veteran
May 12, 2006
✟16,661.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
At least you have a few friends...I dont have any

The only time I have friend is when I am not doing God's will for my life. My family members talk about me like a dog. My brother is the only person that knows who I really am and the truth about my heart.

I don't have one person to call if I just need to talk to them or ask for advice

People come to me...so I figure I could go to someone too....

If God wants me to go to Him...then there is no point in trying have anyone in my life...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Krysstian

Veteran
May 12, 2006
✟16,661.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I don't think people realize something about me. I want a car but I don't think about it 24/7 and just because of the fact that I don't have a car...don't mean it is hindering me from anything.

I do want a mate but I don't want one now...because honestly when I think about men I get sick. I feel like I want to vomit especially when I see them disrespect women. Ugh, its disgusting to me. I have no attraction to the opposite sex unless he is not in front of me. Men hurt me too badly and I forgave them...but when I am around them...its not there...my heart is not in it. People think I am a lesbian because I wont talk to men...I try to but it always backfire...I dont have female friends either...I try...it just never works out

I don't get that...but I know God do and He will work it out

I wish I could be physically lonely...I rather be that than emoitionally lonely or spiritually...

Upvote 0

simpleone

Veteran
Jan 30, 2007
✟18,099.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I don't think people realize something about me. I want a car but I don't think about it 24/7 and just because of the fact that I don't have a car...don't mean it is hindering me from anything.

I do want a mate but I don't want one now...because honestly when I think about men I get sick. I feel like I want to vomit especially when I see them disrespect women. Ugh, its disgusting to me. I have no attraction to the opposite sex unless he is not in front of me. Men hurt me too badly and I forgave them...but when I am around them...its not there...my heart is not in it. People think I am a lesbian because I wont talk to men...I try to but it always backfire...I dont have female friends either...I try...it just never works out

I don't get that...but I know God do and He will work it out

I wish I could be physically lonely...I rather be that than emoitionally lonely or spiritually...
Hey ...any time you have to yourself...seek God thru prayer and worship and reading the bible...you probably do that but just wanna encourage you!

well..am gonna hit the sack...church in the morning (yipee) g'nite!

Upvote 0

lunalinda

Random. Raw. Real
Aug 18, 2003
Orlando, FL
✟19,113.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The sheer and utter loneliness, be it physically, emotionally, or mentally. It's the lack of having someone to just reach out to hug and hold. The lack of a shoulder to cry on, the lack of a loving embrace. Just someone to FEEL. It's so hard to get through the pain when no one is there to embrace you.

Upvote 0

BoazB

Dec 29, 2006
South Africa
✟2,335.00
Faith
Salvation Army
Marital Status
Single
Oh I am not lonely...I don't think so
I have family and everything...
It's just when I need someone to talk about my spiritual life...there is no one there to talk to...

I encourage myself more than anyone encourages me...but it is still nice to know that there is someone other than God and yourself...who can love on you a little bit every now and then...

I fully understand what you are saying here. Sometimes it is as if I am the only one who fights for me. That makes for one incrediblly long uphill. It would almost make one tempted to ask the Lord to beam one up before 82, or even 65, for that matter. :(

Ephesians speaks of building one another up. It would have been wonderful to be able to say to a SO, "You can do it". :sigh:

Upvote 0