✟20,694.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
it is not a literal physical mark...

in Ex13, Deut6 and Deut11 we read of the same "kind" of "spiritual" mark, in the same place
that God gives to His faithfull....
and it was not a chip or piece of tech back then, so it does not need to be a chip or tech today.
tech has NOTHING to do with it at all.

accepting the false kingdom and using it's currency, is part of it tho.

Upvote 0

Achilles6129

Veteran
Feb 19, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
✟29,682.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Politics
US-Republican

in Ex13, Deut6 and Deut11 we read of the same "kind" of "spiritual" mark, in the same place
and it was not a chip or piece of tech back then, so it does not need to be a chip or tech today.

We've been disagreeing on this for years Zeke :cool:

That is a mark for God's people. It is spiritual. However, the mark as described in Revelation must be physical. That doesn't mean it can't be spiritual as well, but there is clearly a mark that people take that allows them to buy/sell.

Upvote 0

Shane R

Priest
Site Supporter
Jan 18, 2012
Southeast Ohio
✟567,160.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Widowed
Let it be plain: one has either the seal of God or the mark of the beast. There is no gray area nor an in between option. If you seek a physical mark of the beast, what is the physical seal of God? In truth, these are spiritual divisions.

Upvote 0

Gnarwhal

☩ Broman Catholic ☩
Oct 31, 2008
N/A
✟434,190.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
I'm convinced the mark of the beast was something that was implemented by the Roman Empire. A means by which to indicate that an individual in the Empire had given 'proper' worship to the Emperor/Caesar and thus was free to go about their business in the marketplace. John's warning against it was an exhortation to stay faithful to Christ and reject the worship of the Emperor (aka the Imperial Cult).

Upvote 0

dysert

Feb 29, 2012
USA
✟112,984.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
And yet, you keep asking, over and over expecting a different result.
Maybe he's just seeing if anyone new will show up? I'm new :)

Let it be plain: one has either the seal of God or the mark of the beast. There is no gray area nor an in between option. If you seek a physical mark of the beast, what is the physical seal of God? In truth, these are spiritual divisions.
I think there's a third option, viz., people getting neither mark. Rev. 7:3 seems to indicate that the seal of God is only intended for the 144,000.

I too think the mark of the beast will be a physical mark. Otherwise, how will the merchants know who has it and who doesn't? Not only that, but Rev. 13:16 says the mark can be received either on the forehead or on the right hand. How would one apply a "spiritual" mark to the hand?

Then again, when it comes to Revelation I'm basically a literalist. Why invent mystical symbolic "interpretations" when a straightforward reading of the text makes perfect sense.

Upvote 0

dysert

Feb 29, 2012
USA
✟112,984.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'm convinced the mark of the beast was something that was implemented by the Roman Empire. A means by which to indicate that an individual in the Empire had given 'proper' worship to the Emperor/Caesar and thus was free to go about their business in the marketplace. John's warning against it was an exhortation to stay faithful to Christ and reject the worship of the Emperor (aka the Imperial Cult).
I disagree. Revelation is split into two parts, "the things which are" and "the things which will take place after this" (Rev. 1:19). Chapter 13 is part of the latter section and is therefore still future.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

zeke37

IMO...
May 24, 2007
✟20,694.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
We've been disagreeing on this for years Zeke :cool:

That is a mark for God's people. It is spiritual. However, the mark as described in Revelation must be physical. That doesn't mean it can't be spiritual as well, but there is clearly a mark that people take that allows them to buy/sell.
a buying and selling issue does not insure that the mark has to be physical.
there are folks "off the grid" right now,
they don't need to "buy and sell" even today...

the mark is a spiritual one, because either you can have that mark/seal for God or for Satan....
it depends on your "faithfullness" and "rememberance", and is connected with worship in Ex13, Deut6 and Deut11
it has to do with either keeping or breaking the first commandment

if you stay faithfull and worship God only, then you have His mark.
if you go astray and worship Satan, then you have his mark.

I am *trying* to crack revelation 13:1-10 and 13:11-18 at the moment but i dont believe anyone can unless its from God
the two beasts...
many of us here have and "opinion" about it.
imo it detail's Satan's rise to power,

the first half being a political, multiheaded beast

a wound to that world beast, that should kill it,
but the "mouth" of the beast, saves the broken system/heals it.
the mouth of the beast is Satan here for his short time,
a supernatural fallen angel

the second half, turing that political beast into a religious one

Satan pretending to be Christ
when he is cast here to the earth for a short time,
miracles and signs of power...

believe the lie, and accept him and his kingdom,
and you have the mark of the beast

absolutely true!
Maybe he's just seeing if anyone new will show up? I'm new :)

I think there's a third option, viz., people getting neither mark. Rev. 7:3 seems to indicate that the seal of God is only intended for the 144,000.
to me, that means everyone else has the "other" mark.

I too think the mark of the beast will be a physical mark. Otherwise, how will the merchants know who has it and who doesn't?
who says the merchants will need to know, or want to ask, or ask?
all they will be concerned with is if you have the right kind of currency.
the nwo currency.
no more usa greenbacks, or canadian dollars, or euro's or brithish pounds.
there will only be one world wide currency used, and if you have it and use it,
then you have the mark of the beast
because it shows that you have accepted Satan's kingdom.

the elect ones, that don't use Satan's currency
will barter, storehouse, trust God, to make it through the trib (shortened for their sake to 150 days)
they won't use the money so the merchants will never even see them in their stores.
get it?

Not only that, but Rev. 13:16 says the mark can be received either on the forehead or on the right hand. How would one apply a "spiritual" mark to the hand?
it's what you think (forhead/mind)
and what you do (hand)

worshiping Satan, thinking he is Jesus returned, is being deceived and having the mark in your forhead/mind)

but as you see today, there are a lot of people that just don't care about worship...
those folks will just go along with the flow of the world's economics...
they will use the NWO currency and accept the system without complaint.
they will do what ever is said

all but the elect will take the mark of the beast either by;
worshiping Satan (forhead/mind) or accepting his kingdom (hand)

Then again, when it comes to Revelation I'm basically a literalist. Why invent mystical symbolic "interpretations" when a straightforward reading of the text makes perfect sense.
well, Rev is completely full of OT direct quotes and symbolism.
if you don't first at least see and try to understand the OT references,
how do you expect to understand the message contained within in Rev?

Upvote 0

John S

I'm Here - For Now
Nov 19, 2010
✟11,359.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Money, credit cards, and anything else that we use in today's economy, will become obsolete. A more accurate system of buying and selling, will be a physical "computer chip" placed under the skin, either in your hand or in your forehead. A scanner will be easily able to add and subtract money from this chip. Money, credit cards, etc., can never again be forgetten, misplaced, or stolen. It will be a highly efficient way of doing things. ONLY the "terrorists" will refuse to go along with this system.

Upvote 0

watchman007

Jul 30, 2012
Florida
✟8,207.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution

True it means people will be thinking (head) and doing (right hand) the work of the anti-christ.

You could microchip me or tattoo 666 on my body from head to toe, and it wouldn't change the fact that I love the Lord.

Upvote 0
Money, credit cards, and anything else that we use in today's economy, will become obsolete. A more accurate system of buying and selling, will be a physical "computer chip" placed under the skin, either in your hand or in your forehead. A scanner will be easily able to add and subtract money from this chip. Money, credit cards, etc., can never again be forgetten, misplaced, or stolen. It will be a highly efficient way of doing things. ONLY the "terrorists" will refuse to go along with this system.

The RFID chip will not stop buying and selling even if your account is turned off. The criminal underworld will retain a means of exchange and even everyday people could decide to use barter....neither of which will be controlled by RFID.

The mark of the beast has to be something else, something that even reaches into our "off the record" moments that use an alternative form of 'currency'.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ptomwebster

Jul 10, 2011
MN
Visit site
✟1,922.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
So this thread is to discuss the mark of the beast. What is it, and what do the Scriptures say about it?

I think that it is some sort of technology, possibly a computer chip. However, it could also be like an invisible ink tattoo. What do you guys think?

Satan wants you to worship him; he thinks he is better than God. If he must force someone to accept his mark they will not worship him. The mark is not a chip in your hand or on your head, the mark is in your head, it is your believing he is a wonderful guy because he paid your debt, he is filling all your needs. Most people already have his mark in their heads and hands.

Upvote 0

John S

I'm Here - For Now
Nov 19, 2010
✟11,359.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Leap - You can cut my grass and I can paint your living room wall - but that will NOT fill our stomachs, quench our thirst, or pay our bills. You will need "money" for that, which you will not have.
Since money will be obsolete, the underworld will no longer be able to pay off anyone. The underworld itself MAY become a thing of the past.
I used the "computer chip" because that is TODAY'S form of technology. Who knows what we will have 10, 30, or 50 years from now.

Are the Brits glad to have the Olympics?

Upvote 0
Leap - You can cut my grass and I can paint your living room wall - but that will NOT fill our stomachs, quench our thirst, or pay our bills. You will need "money" for that, which you will not have.
Since money will be obsolete, the underworld will no longer be able to pay off anyone. The underworld itself MAY become a thing of the past.
I used the "computer chip" because that is TODAY'S form of technology. Who knows what we will have 10, 30, or 50 years from now.

Are the Brits glad to have the Olympics?

I grow potatos, carrots and onions. If you have a gun you can hunt. We can swap and have a damn good meal :D

And you are welcome to the Olympics. They are just a massive event of corporate sponsorship for athletes who long ago lost the amateur stance and became performance machines. :( The only sports I have watched are archery and eventing, because we dont often get them televised, but apart from that I rather cut your grass. :D

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟912,457.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
So this thread is to discuss the mark of the beast. What is it, and what do the Scriptures say about it?

I think that it is some sort of technology, possibly a computer chip. However, it could also be like an invisible ink tattoo. What do you guys think?

First look at Revelation 13 and 14 (13 the last half of chapter, and 14:6-12) before making up your mind.

Revelation 13 not only tells about the mark of the beast - it also tells about the rise of a world wide superpower that would rise to power shortly after the end of the dark ages.

Those are the primary places (aside from the Lake of fire event in Rev 20) where it is mentioned.

Let the Bible define the details.

in Christ,

Bob

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟912,457.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Rev 14:6-12 is key to knowing when the Mark of the beast is set up because it tells us in vs 6-7 that before the Mark of the Beast - is the of Judgment.

Daniel 7 and 8 go into great detail as to when that judgment time comes.

According to those two chapters - the judgment happens after the end of the dark ages.

As a side note to emphasize just how important this topic is seen to be by some Christian groups:

Figuring out this one topic - regarding the timing of the Daniel 7 judgment and the setting up of the Mark of the Beast - and exactly what the mark is as we find it in the 3 angels messages of Rev 14 -- gave rise in the 19th century to an entire denomination that now has about 25 million in attendance each week. The publically stated mission of that denomination is to tell others about the 3 angel's messages in Rev 14.

in Christ,

Bob

Last edited:
Upvote 0