Site Supporter
Dec 5, 2015
Union County, TN
✟662,823.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The day is synomous with a revealing (the day will declare it), along with John having to turn to see who was being revealed as one being in the midst, which I see as a relevant truth in John, as much as it is the relevant truth of the day, or of a tree in a garden (as being something in the midst).
I am sorry, I do not understand platitudes.

Upvote 0

Aseyesee

Apr 18, 2017
Norfolk, Virginia
✟59,815.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I am sorry, I do not understand platitudes.

The revelation of Jesus Christ is not the revelation of a literal day of the week.

The first connotation of what this day is symbolic, in that God rested in it (which as it progresses becomes a habitation, which itself is also symbolism for a truth happening in us, which is the end of the purpose of God summed up as all in all).

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: PeaceJoyLove
Upvote 0

woobadooba

Legend
Sep 4, 2005
✟10,191.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I guess by quoting that verse you believe that I do not walk as Jesus would have me walk. Actually, you know nothing about how I walk and by using that verse you judge me without any proof.
That was not my intention.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

listed

are you?
May 14, 2011
✟53,797.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
More false statements. I am tired of this.

You aren't listening.

Goodbye.
Sorry that you think I made false statements. I've read and heard you words.

Prov 12:15 The way of a fool is right in his own eyes: but he that hearkeneth unto counsel is wise.

Last edited:
Reactions: bugkiller
Upvote 0

PeaceJoyLove

Apr 9, 2017
Nova Scotia
✟74,422.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The day is synomous with a revealing (the day will declare it), along with John having to turn to see who was being revealed as one being in the midst, which I see as a relevant truth in John, as much as it is the relevant truth of the day, or of a tree in a garden (as being something in the midst).

And oh what a Day it is...Light...in a word in which there is no shadow of turning. Which goes back to the beginning, a garden that grew before the sun and moon were hung/ where we 'see' from and"Where art thou?"

Reactions: Aseyesee
Upvote 0

woobadooba

Legend
Sep 4, 2005
✟10,191.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I cannot believe you used that verse to try to counter my post to you. It says exactly what I am trying to get you to see. Jesus command is to love others as He loves us. This command supersedes all other commands.
Jesus kept the commandments of God (John 15:10). He instructs us to love others as He loves us (v. 12). Therefore, we must keep the commandments of God.

1 John 2:4-6 (NKJV) "He who says, "I know Him," and does not keep His commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him. But whoever keeps His word, truly the love of God is perfected in him. By this we know that we are in Him. He who says he abides in Him ought himself also to walk just as He walked."

Last edited:
Upvote 0

listed

are you?
May 14, 2011
✟53,797.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
DO YOU WANT ETERNAL LIFE
MATT.19 [16] And, behold, one came and said unto him, GOOD MASTER, WHAT GOOD THING SHALL I DO, THAT I MAY HAVE ETERNAL LIFE?[17] And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, KEEP THE COMMANDMENTS.[18] He saith unto him, Which? Jesus said, Thou shalt do no murder, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness,
Yes and I have it.

John 5:24 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.

Eternal life can't be secured by your own efforts of keeping the law. No person is capable of doing this as your referenced story shows. Even the OT tells us it isn't possible in Ps 14:3;53:3 and Isa 63:17. Jesus isn't going against the Scripture in His response to the questioner. Jesus is giving the required answer by and to a fool. Jesus said you will go through Him if you want to secure eternal life.

John
10 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that entereth not by the door into the sheepfold, but climbeth up some other way, the same is a thief and a robber.

2 But he that entereth in by the door is the shepherd of the sheep.

3 To him the porter openeth; and the sheep hear his voice: and he calleth his own sheep by name, and leadeth them out.

4 And when he putteth forth his own sheep, he goeth before them, and the sheep follow him: for they know his voice.

5 And a stranger will they not follow, but will flee from him: for they know not the voice of strangers.

6 This parable spake Jesus unto them: but they understood not what things they were which he spake unto them.

7 Then said Jesus unto them again, Verily, verily, I say unto you, I am the door of the sheep.

8 All that ever came before me are thieves and robbers: but the sheep did not hear them.

Is this passage true or is your out of context passage from Matthew true? Both can't be true.
DO YOU KNOW GOD
1 JOHN 2 [1] My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous: [2] And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world. [3] AND HEREBY WE DO KNOW THAT WE KNOW HIM, IF WE KEEP HIS COMMANDMENTS. [4] He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.
Yes because I keep the commandments of Jesus as your quote indicates. Those commandments of Jesus aren't the commandments of His Father. See John 15:10. About the commandment of God that I follow is found in 1 John 3:23.

And this is his commandment, That we should believe on the name of his Son Jesus Christ, and love one another, as he gave us commandment.
HAVE YOU BEEN TAUGHT “JUST BELIEVE” AND YOU WILL BE SAVED
JAMES 2 [19] Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: THE DEVILS ALSO BELIEVE, and tremble.
Unfortunately devils can't be redeemed. I do far more than acknowledge God and Jesus. I trust and rely on Them both. Devils don't.
Also some people don't as well. How sad.
DO YOU LOVE GOD
1 JOHN 5 [1] Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: and every one that loveth him that begat loveth him also that is begotten of him. [2] BY THIS WE KNOW THAT WE LOVE THE CHILDREN OF GOD, WHEN WE LOVE GOD, AND KEEP HIS COMMANDMENTS. [3] For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous.
Yes. See my above quotes, especially the 1 from 1 John 3:23.
DO YOU WANT GODS HOLY SPIRIT
JOHN 14 [15] If ye love me, KEEP MY COMMANDMENTS.[16] And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;[17] Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.
That is my testimony as stated above in what I believe.
HAS HEAVEN AND EARTH PASSED – YIKES! WHAT AM I STANDING ON?
MATT.5 [17] Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.[18] For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.
Nothing here but a statement allowing for unbelief. Luke 24:44 takes care of your problem.

And he said unto them, These are the words which I spake unto you, while I was yet with you, that all things must be fulfilled, which were written in the law of Moses, and in the prophets, and in the psalms, concerning me.

And Hebrews 7:12 prove jots and tittles of the law have changed as the condition of earth and heaven passing away says in Matthew 5:18.

11 If therefore perfection were by the Levitical priesthood, (for under it the people received the law,) what further need was there that another priest should rise after the order of Melchisedec, and not be called after the order of Aaron?

12 For the priesthood being changed, there is made of necessity a change also of the law.

13 For he of whom these things are spoken pertaineth to another tribe, of which no man gave attendance at the altar.

14 For it is evident that our Lord sprang out of Juda; of which tribe Moses spake nothing concerning priesthood.

15 And it is yet far more evident: for that after the similitude of Melchisedec there ariseth another priest,

16 Who is made, not after the law of a carnal commandment, but after the power of an endless life.

If Jesus isn't your priest you can't be a Christian.
WANT TO BE ONE OF GODS SAINTS
REV.14 [12] Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that KEEP THE COMMANDMENTS of God, and the faith of Jesus
This has been dealt with man times. You have the pronouns improperly assigned and add the word "ten" to the verse. There is a warning about adding to the Scripture in the same book you quote from.
BEEN TAUGHT DUE TO FAITH WE NEED NOT KEEP GODS COMMANDMENTS
ROMANS 3 [31] Do we then make void the law through faith? God forbid: yea, we establish the law.
Does Paul contradict himself with 7:6 and many other passages quoted often?

But now we are delivered from the law, that being dead wherein we were held; that we should serve in newness of spirit, and not in the oldness of the letter.
WANT TO ENTER THE CITY - THE 1000yr PERIOD OF REST
REV.22 [14] Blessed are they that DO HIS COMMANDMENTS, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city
No "10" here either. If your intended meaning is correct Jesus is a phony saying if you want to get in you will go through Him only. See my above quote from John 10.
FROM THE WRITINGS OF PAUL
1 COR. 7 [19] Circumcision is nothing, and uncircumcision is nothing, but the KEEPING OF THE COMMANDMENTS of God.
See 1 John 3:23 quoted above.
Well, you see all these scriptures from the new testament about keeping Gods 10 commandments. Go read the 4th one
You specifically don't keep the one you holler about. Unfortunate. Trying won't cut the mustard and make the grade.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

listed

are you?
May 14, 2011
✟53,797.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
That's true. But saying they no longer matter is false.
1 Timothy 1

8 But we know that the law is good, if a man use it lawfully;

9 Knowing this, that the law is not made for a righteous man, but for the lawless and disobedient, for the ungodly and for sinners, for unholy and profane, for murderers of fathers and murderers of mothers, for manslayers,

10 For whoremongers, for them that defile themselves with mankind, for menstealers, for liars, for perjured persons, and if there be any other thing that is contrary to sound doctrine;

You violate verse 8. Verse 9 proves the law isn't for the Christian.

Upvote 0

listed

are you?
May 14, 2011
✟53,797.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
You seem to have forgotten these verses:

John 15:9-10 (NKJV) "As the Father loved Me, I also have loved you; abide in My love. If you keep My commandments, you will abide in My love, just as I have kept My Father's commandments and abide in His love."

1 John 2:6 (NKJV) "He who says he abides in Him ought himself also to walk just as He walked."
You seem to think this means keep the law. Jesus walked blameless and righteous. Your meaning contradicts much of the NT you refuse to accept. You walk blameless in your own eyes, not God's. You don't keep the 4th commandment. You might keep your version of it, though.
Revelation 14:12 (NKJV) "Here is the patience of the saints; here are those who keep the commandments of God and the faith of Jesus."
What is the faith of Jesus?
Are you beginning to see the big picture yet?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

listed

are you?
May 14, 2011
✟53,797.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Jesus kept the commandments of God (John 15:10). He instructs us to love others as He loves us (v. 12). Therefore, we must keep the commandments of God.

That is the point I was making.

1 John 2:4-6 (NKJV) "He who says, "I know Him," and does not keep His commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him. But whoever keeps His word, truly the love of God is perfected in him. By this we know that we are in Him. He who says he abides in Him ought himself also to walk just as He walked."
That isn't what Jesus said in John 15:10 you referenced.

Upvote 0

PeaceJoyLove

Apr 9, 2017
Nova Scotia
✟74,422.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Jesus command is to love others as He loves us. This command supersedes all other commands.

Really? In Christ, the whole law is fulfilled, not cancelled...IF we are walking IN Christ. To come to the place of loving others as HE loves us...(while we were yet sinners) comes by the grace/power of God... to possess that kind of love, we do not judge...which has to do with the law being fulfilled IN us...not cancelled.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Bob S

Site Supporter
Dec 5, 2015
Union County, TN
✟662,823.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I know I was not the brightest light in my class, but I do not read in Jn15:10 what you just wrote. It seems to me that Jesus is telling us that He kept Torah and asked us to keep His commands which would indicate some difference someplace. It seems to me that all of you who use that text to come up with the reasoning you do is to try to protect your belief in the old covenant Sabbath or the Torah. It just is not there my friend.

Unless I am wrong you once again are putting a 10 where there is none. Am I wrong? Are you using verse 6 to call me a liar and untruthful. I say those who use verse 6 should keep on reading until you read and fully understand 1Jn3:19-24.

OY! over and over I have lead you all to 1Jn3:19-24 and for what? Is it that your eyes are blinded to the real truth from solid scripture. John said I am following the truth if I believe in Jesus Christ and I love others as He commanded. I believe I will follow John's teaching over what you have erroneously presented.

Upvote 0

Bob S

Site Supporter
Dec 5, 2015
Union County, TN
✟662,823.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You are confusing.
There is nothing about love in the 10 commandments. It does not tell us to love our neighbors and it doesn't even tell us to love our parents. If you read the 10 with an open mind you, too, will see what I am talking about. The love commands are in Torah, they are found in the book of the law. Leviticus and Deuteronomy I believe.

Upvote 0

Bob S

Site Supporter
Dec 5, 2015
Union County, TN
✟662,823.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Really? In Christ, the whole law is fulfilled, not cancelled...IF we are walking IN Christ. To come to the place of loving others as HE loves us...(while we were yet sinners) comes by the grace/power of God... to possess that kind of love, we do not judge...which has to do with the law being fulfilled IN us...not cancelled.
Fulfill means to bring to an end. That is the reason Paul could write 2Cor3:7-11.

Upvote 0

woobadooba

Legend
Sep 4, 2005
✟10,191.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There is nothing about love in the 10 commandments.
I think you need to take a closer look.

1 John 5:2-3 (NKJV) "By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God and keep His commandments. For this is the love of God, that we keep His commandments. And His commandments are not burdensome."

Upvote 0