listed

are you?
May 14, 2011
✟53,797.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Please go back to the OP and read the questions.
I read the OP and asked you a question which remains unanswered.
You must not be asking a serious question or aren't a Bible student. For me the issue is why are you even presenting the idea in the OP by implication people are in error about Rev 1:10 being a reference to Sunday. The only people posing such a question here are MJ and SDA. I really think you're the latter by your post. Many SDA post here refusing to acknowledge their association with them. It is a direct admission the SDA church isn't Christian since the forum requires us to accept them as Christian. That said they only compound their sin.

Reactions: bugkiller
Upvote 0

woobadooba

Legend
Sep 4, 2005
✟10,191.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I read the OP and asked you a question which remains unanswered.
You must not be asking a serious question or aren't a Bible student. For me the issue is why are you even presenting the idea in the OP by implication people are in error about Rev 1:10 being a reference to Sunday. The only people posing such a question here are MJ and SDA. I really think you're the latter by your post. Many SDA post here refusing to acknowledge their association with them. It is a direct admission the SDA church isn't Christian since the forum requires us to accept them as Christian. That said they only compound their sin.
I was SDA, but not anymore.
From your comments, I have observed that having a discussion with you will not be fruitful. You seem to be judgmental and immature. From now on I will ignore you.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

listed

are you?
May 14, 2011
✟53,797.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I was SDA, but not anymore.
From your comments, I have observed that having a discussion with you will not be fruitful. You seem to be judgmental and immature. From now on I will ignore you.
That is OK by me. By fruitful you really mean unable to deceive me causing me to forsake grace (Jesus) for the law when it comes to salvation and relationship with God.

Sorry you're having a hard time with SDA doctrine.

Reactions: bugkiller
Upvote 0

bugkiller

May 16, 2015
✟80,400.00
Faith
Non-Denom
You clearly don't understand the nature of this post. The burden of proof is on you, and others who think like you, who say Sunday is the Lord's Day.
No because you postulated otherwise. You have yet to establish anything.

bugkiller

Reactions: listed
Upvote 0

woobadooba

Legend
Sep 4, 2005
✟10,191.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No because you postulated otherwise. You have yet to establish anything.

bugkiller
There are questions in the OP. Are you going to answer them? Or are you going to continue wasting time and space posting comments which add nothing of value to the discussion?

Upvote 0

bugkiller

May 16, 2015
✟80,400.00
Faith
Non-Denom
There are questions in the OP. Are you going to answer them? Or are you going to continue wasting time and space posting comments which add nothing of value to the discussion?
As listed said you were asked a question about what your OP says. You refuse to answer it. I think listed would defend his position if you answered his question. I want to know if or how Lord's Day is the same thing as day of the Lord. I also want to know via a plain statement if you are claiming Lord's Day is the sabbath and based on what.

No meaningful discussion until then. I really do not like shooting in the dark.

bugkiller

Reactions: listed
Upvote 0

woobadooba

Legend
Sep 4, 2005
✟10,191.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
As listed said you were asked a question about what your OP says. You refuse to answer it. I think listed would defend his position if you answered his question. I want to know if or how Lord's Day is the same thing as day of the Lord. I also want to know via a plain statement if you are claiming Lord's Day is the sabbath and based on what.

No meaningful discussion until then. I really do not like shooting in the dark.

bugkiller
Both you and Listed falsely assume I said it is the day of the LORD, but I didn't say that. You need to read what I said more carefully.

This is what I said:
Could it be that, in speaking of being "in the Spirit," he was speaking prophetically of the "day of the LORD," but expressing the thought with a slight variation—i.e., "the Lord's Day"?

I am questioning if it could be possible that it is the day of the LORD, not saying that it is. So asking me to prove it is the day of the LORD is pointless. I never said it was.

And now that that is cleared up, perhaps you or Listed can answer my questions.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

WailingWall

Dec 5, 2007
earth
✟26,195.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The only place i can find the “Lord’s day” is Rev.1. The many claim the Lord’s day in that scripture is speaking of sunday. Others say its speaking of saturday {Gods sabbath day}. Neither is correct. Its speaking of the “day of the Lord”.

REV.1 [7] Behold, HE COMETH WITH CLOUDS; and every eye shall see him, and they also which pierced him: and all kindreds of THE EARTH SHALL WAIL because of him. Even so, Amen.[8] I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty.[9] I John, who also am your brother, and companion in tribulation, and in the kingdom and patience of Jesus Christ, was in the isle that is called Patmos, for the word of God, and for the testimony of Jesus Christ.[10] I was in the Spirit on THE LORD'S DAY, and heard behind me a GREAT VOICE, as of A TRUMPET,

he cometh with clouds - of a trumpet - the Lord's day - a great voice - the earth shall wail

ZEPH.1 [14] The great DAY OF THE LORD is near, it is near, and hasteth greatly, even THE VOICE of the day of the LORD: the mighty man shall CRY THERE BITTERLY.[15] That day is a day of wrath, a day of trouble and distress, a day of wasteness and desolation, a day of darkness and gloominess, a DAY OF CLOUDS and thick darkness,[16] A day of THE TRUMPET and alarm against the fenced cities, and against the high towers

a day of clouds - of the trumpet - The great day of the LORD - even the voice - man shall cry there bitterly

See how these two scriptures are speaking of the same exact event. Pretty simple to see now that the Lords day is not sunday nor the sabbath day but another way to say the Day of the Lord. Simply read Rev.1. Why in the world would the earth wail because it was a sunday? However.......

AMOS 5 [16] Therefore the LORD, the God of hosts, the Lord, saith thus; WAILING shall be in all streets; and they shall say in all the highways, Alas! alas! and they shall call the husbandman to mourning, and such as are skilful of lamentation to WAILING. [17] And in all vineyards shall be WAILING: for I will pass through thee, saith the LORD. [18] Woe unto you that desire THE DAY OF THE LORD! to what end is it for you? THE DAY OF THE LORD is darkness, and not light.

There will be plenty of WAILING come the DAY OF THE LORD

• Informative
Reactions: Dkh587
Upvote 0

woobadooba

Legend
Sep 4, 2005
✟10,191.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The only place i can find the “Lord’s day” is Rev.1. The many claim the Lord’s day in that scripture is speaking of sunday. Others say its speaking of saturday {Gods sabbath day}. Neither is correct. Its speaking of the “day of the Lord”.

REV.1 [7] Behold, HE COMETH WITH CLOUDS; and every eye shall see him, and they also which pierced him: and all kindreds of THE EARTH SHALL WAIL because of him. Even so, Amen.[8] I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty.[9] I John, who also am your brother, and companion in tribulation, and in the kingdom and patience of Jesus Christ, was in the isle that is called Patmos, for the word of God, and for the testimony of Jesus Christ.[10] I was in the Spirit on THE LORD'S DAY, and heard behind me a GREAT VOICE, as of A TRUMPET,

he cometh with clouds - of a trumpet - the Lord's day - a great voice - the earth shall wail

ZEPH.1 [14] The great DAY OF THE LORD is near, it is near, and hasteth greatly, even THE VOICE of the day of the LORD: the mighty man shall CRY THERE BITTERLY.[15] That day is a day of wrath, a day of trouble and distress, a day of wasteness and desolation, a day of darkness and gloominess, a DAY OF CLOUDS and thick darkness,[16] A day of THE TRUMPET and alarm against the fenced cities, and against the high towers

a day of clouds - of the trumpet - The great day of the LORD - even the voice - man shall cry there bitterly

See how these two scriptures are speaking of the same exact event. Pretty simple to see now that the Lords day is not sunday nor the sabbath day but another way to say the Day of the Lord. Simply read Rev.1. Why in the world would the earth wail because it was a sunday? However.......

AMOS 5 [16] Therefore the LORD, the God of hosts, the Lord, saith thus; WAILING shall be in all streets; and they shall say in all the highways, Alas! alas! and they shall call the husbandman to mourning, and such as are skilful of lamentation to WAILING. [17] And in all vineyards shall be WAILING: for I will pass through thee, saith the LORD. [18] Woe unto you that desire THE DAY OF THE LORD! to what end is it for you? THE DAY OF THE LORD is darkness, and not light.

I, too, am leaning more towards this conclusion. But I don't have enough evidence to say it is correct, which is why I am careful not to stress the point as fact.

Reactions: Dkh587
Upvote 0

bugkiller

May 16, 2015
✟80,400.00
Faith
Non-Denom
If you wanted me to answer those questions, you would help me understand what you are trying to get at (prove). You will not, so I can not.

bugkiller

Upvote 0

bugkiller

May 16, 2015
✟80,400.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Both you and Listed falsely assume I said it is the day of the LORD, but I didn't say that. You need to read what I said more carefully.

This is what I said:

I am questioning if it could be possible that it is the day of the LORD, not saying that it is. So asking me to prove it is the day of the LORD is pointless. I never said it was.

And now that that is cleared up, perhaps you or Listed can answer my questions.
You used the phrases "Lord's day" and "day of the Lord." I asked you if they are one and the same. I really have no idea what your "it is the day of the Lord" is. I can make assumptions. Do you need me to break down the word "assume" or can you get a grip on the fact I do not desire to be made a jerk?

bugkiller

Upvote 0

bugkiller

May 16, 2015
✟80,400.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Considering where to place my comment was a question for me to think about. My comment is -

No way, just read what is there. John is clearly talking about what he was doing on the Lord's day. That is he was taken in a vision on that day about day of the Lord.

bugkiller

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

woobadooba

Legend
Sep 4, 2005
✟10,191.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Considering where to place my comment was a question for me to think about. My comment is -

No way, just read what is there. John is clearly talking about what he was doing on the Lord's day. That is he was taken in a vision on that day about day of the Lord.

bugkiller
He said he was in the Spirit on the Lord's Day, as if to imply he was having an eschatological vision. He wasn't there physically but spiritually (in the Spirit). Sounds reasonable based on the content found in Revelation. This could be a wrong interpretation, of course. I don't know for sure.

Upvote 0

listed

are you?
May 14, 2011
✟53,797.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
You clearly don't understand the nature of this post. The burden of proof is on you, and others who think like you, who say Sunday is the Lord's Day.
Your post points out your idea in the OP is the Lord's day is the sabbath. Nothing in your OP implies this. You're simply out to prove the Lord's day isn't Sunday. You refuse to acknowledge John said he had a vision about the day of the Lord on the Lord's day as the text of Revelation 1 says.

Upvote 0

woobadooba

Legend
Sep 4, 2005
✟10,191.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Your post points out your idea in the OP is the Lord's day is the sabbath. Nothing in your OP implies this. You're simply out to prove the Lord's day isn't Sunday. You refuse to acknowledge John said he had a vision about the day of the Lord on the Lord's day as the text of Revelation 1 says.
I am not convinced it is the Sabbath that John is talking about in Revelation 1:10. I am leaning more towards the idea that, "in the Spirit on the Lord's Day," could be an eschatological statement rather than a holy day. Though I cannot say this interpretation is sure, so I don't push it as a fact. I don't see it as likely that it is referring to Sunday, and have not seen anyone prove from the Bible that it is. I am open to the possibility, but if it cannot be proven from the Bible, then I have an issue with that.

Upvote 0

listed

are you?
May 14, 2011
✟53,797.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I am not convinced it is the Sabbath that John is talking about in Revelation 1:10. I am leaning more towards the idea that, "in the Spirit on the Lord's Day," could be an eschatological statement rather than a holy day. Though I cannot say this interpretation is sure, so I don't push it as a fact. I don't see it as likely that it is referring to Sunday, and have not seen anyone prove from the Bible that it is. I am open to the possibility, but if it cannot be proven from the Bible, then I have an issue with that.
You don't see it as Sunday because you have an objective based on a false doctrine. The evidence from both the Scripture and historical records indicate Christians worshiped on Sunday from before the turn of the 1st century. It was and still is referred to as the Lord's day. If I were to quote them you'd simply dismiss them.

Upvote 0

listed

are you?
May 14, 2011
✟53,797.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
John said, "I was in the Spirit on the Lord's Day, and I heard behind me a loud voice, as of a trumpet" (Revelation 1:10, NKJV).

Mainstream Christianity argues that John, in speaking of "the Lord's Day," was referring to "Sunday"— the first day of the week.

Question: What biblical proof is there to validate the belief that John was speaking of "Sunday" when using the words, "the Lord's Day".

Note: the expression, "the Lord's Day," only appears once in the Scriptures. But other expressions similar to it appear, such as "day of the LORD" (29 times), for example.

Could there be a correlation between "the Lord's Day" and "day of the LORD"? In other words, could it be possible that Mainstream Christianity has it wrong in thinking John was speaking of Sunday? Could it be that, in speaking of being "in the Spirit," he was speaking prophetically of the "day of the LORD," but expressing the thought with a slight variation—i.e., "the Lord's Day"?

Verses Taken from the New King James Version (emphasis mine)

Isaiah 2:12 — For the day of the LORD of hosts Shall come upon everything proud and lofty, Upon everything lifted up— And it shall be brought low—

Isaiah 13:6 — Wail, for the day of the LORD is at hand! It will come as destruction from the Almighty.

Isaiah 13:9 — Behold, the day of the LORD comes, Cruel, with both wrath and fierce anger, To lay the land desolate; And He will destroy its sinners from it.

Isaiah 34:8 — For it is the day of the LORD's vengeance, The year of recompense for the cause of Zion.

Jeremiah 46:10 — For this is the day of the Lord GOD of hosts, A day of vengeance, That He may avenge Himself on His adversaries. The sword shall devour; It shall be satiated and made drunk with their blood; For the Lord GOD of hosts has a sacrifice In the north country by the River Euphrates.

Lamentations 2:22 — "You have invited as to a feast day The terrors that surround me. In the day of the LORD's anger There was no refugee or survivor. Those whom I have borne and brought up My enemies have destroyed."

Ezekiel 13:5 — You have not gone up into the gaps to build a wall for the house of Israel to stand in battle on the day of the LORD.

Ezekiel 30:3 — For the day is near, Even the day of the LORD is near; It will be a day of clouds, the time of the Gentiles.

Joel 1:15 — Alas for the day! For the day of the LORD is at hand; It shall come as destruction from the Almighty.

Joel 2:1 — Blow the trumpet in Zion, And sound an alarm in My holy mountain! Let all the inhabitants of the land tremble; For the day of the LORD is coming, For it is at hand:

Joel 2:11 — The LORD gives voice before His army, For His camp is very great; For strong is the One who executes His word. For the day of the LORD is great and very terrible; Who can endure it?

Joel 2:31 — The sun shall be turned into darkness, And the moon into blood, Before the coming of the great and awesome day of the LORD.

Joel 3:14 — Multitudes, multitudes in the valley of decision! For the day of the LORD is near in the valley of decision.

Amos 5:18 — Woe to you who desire the day of the LORD! For what good is the day of the LORD to you? It will be darkness, and not light.

Amos 5:20 — Is not the day of the LORD darkness, and not light? Is it not very dark, with no brightness in it?

Obadiah 1:15 — "For the day of the LORD upon all the nations is near; As you have done, it shall be done to you; Your reprisal shall return upon your own head.

Zephaniah 1:7 — Be silent in the presence of the Lord GOD; For the day of the LORD is at hand, For the LORD has prepared a sacrifice; He has invited His guests.

Zephaniah 1:8 — "And it shall be, In the day of the LORD's sacrifice, That I will punish the princes and the king's children, And all such as are clothed with foreign apparel.

Zephaniah 1:14 — The great day of the LORD is near; It is near and hastens quickly. The noise of the day of the LORD is bitter; There the mighty men shall cry out.

Zephaniah 1:18 — Neither their silver nor their gold Shall be able to deliver them In the day of the LORD's wrath; But the whole land shall be devoured By the fire of His jealousy, For He will make speedy riddance Of all those who dwell in the land.

Zephaniah 2:2 — Before the decree is issued, Or the day passes like chaff, Before the LORD's fierce anger comes upon you, Before the day of the LORD's anger comes upon you!

Zephaniah 2:3 — Seek the LORD, all you meek of the earth, Who have upheld His justice. Seek righteousness, seek humility. It may be that you will be hidden In the day of the LORD's anger.

Zechariah 14:1 — Behold, the day of the LORD is coming, And your spoil will be divided in your midst.

Malachi 4:5 — Behold, I will send you Elijah the prophet Before the coming of the great and dreadful day of the LORD.

Acts 2:20 — THE SUN SHALL BE TURNED INTO DARKNESS, AND THE MOON INTO BLOOD, BEFORE THE COMING OF THE GREAT AND AWESOME DAY OF THE LORD.

1 Corinthians 5:5 — deliver such a one to Satan for the destruction of the flesh, that his spirit may be saved in the day of the Lord Jesus.

2 Corinthians 1:14 — (as also you have understood us in part), that we are your boast as you also are ours, in the day of the Lord Jesus.

1 Thessalonians 5:2 — For you yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so comes as a thief in the night.

2 Peter 3:10 — But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night, in which the heavens will pass away with a great noise, and the elements will melt with fervent heat; both the earth and the works that are in it will be burned up.
Not a single one of your quoted verses speak about a day. All of them are about future events and usually judgement. Nat a single one of them area bout a holy day or day on which worship is a focus point.

Upvote 0