Wisconsin, United States of America
✟658,155.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
No, replacement theory is pure racism because it assumes minorities won't vote Republican. If that's true, and minorities won't generally vote Republican, then it shows that the problem with the GOP is white supremecy. At any rate, it fails to acknowledge that voters vote according to what they think is needed. If the GOP wants more diverse voters they should have a platform that appeals accordingly (of course, they might not want a diversity among voters). They really should quit trying to win elections by fostering fear, gerrymandering and limiting immigration. They should try having a platform that appeals to Americans, in general, and they will win.

If you really believe all that, then how do you explain why biden's approval rating with Hispanics is so low, and more of them are now voting Republican? Perhaps they're tired of hearing the garbage about how Republicans are "White Supremacists" because they know it isn't true.
Opinion: Why Latinos are turning to the Republican Party - CNN

Biden's approval rating drops to just 26% of Hispanic Americans - less than HALF the support of 2021 | Daily Mail Online

Upvote 0

ottawak

Aug 1, 2021
North Carolina
✟16,862.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Married
If you really believe all that, then how do you explain why biden's approval rating with Hispanics is so low, and more of them are now voting Republican? Perhaps they're tired of hearing the garbage about how Republicans are "White Supremacists" because they know it isn't true.

Biden's approval rating drops to just 26% of Hispanic Americans - less than HALF the support of 2021 | Daily Mail Online
Or maybe they are dissatisfied with the Democrats for different reasons than you are.

• Agree
Reactions: mark46
Upvote 0

public hermit

social troglodyte
Site Supporter
Aug 20, 2019
East Coast
✟845,996.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

I would love to be diverted and engage this conversation, but children were blown away today because we don't care. Thanks, bud, for trying. :)

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟658,155.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟658,155.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I would love to be diverted and engage this conversation, but children were blown away today because we don't care. Thanks, bud, for trying. :)

After listening to biden's speech tonight, I'm convinced you're right that certain people don't care. Just another opportunity to be partisan.
BTW, did the shooter post on social media that the reason he shot up children in a school is because "we don't care"? Or is that just something you made up?

Upvote 0

public hermit

social troglodyte
Site Supporter
Aug 20, 2019
East Coast
✟845,996.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
After listening to biden's speech tonight, I'm convinced you're right that certain people don't care. Just another opportunity to be partisan.
BTW, did the shooter post on social media that the reason he shot up children in a school is because "we don't care"? Or is that just something you made up?

Sure, dude, whatever you say.

Upvote 0

mark46

Site Supporter
Jan 29, 2010
✟840,613.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat

Or perhaps Hispanics don't vote as a group. Unlike white evangelicals, Hispanics have widely different interests. Many are very conservative on "social" issues. It is plain silly to believe that Cubans in Southern Florida have the same interests as Mexicans who have lived in peace on the Southern border for decades.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟658,155.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Or perhaps Hispanics don't vote as a group. Unlike white evangelicals, Hispanics have widely different interests. Many are very conservative on "social" issues. It is plain silly to believe that Cubans in Southern Florida have the same interests as Mexicans who have lived in peace on the Southern border for decades.

You assume Hispanics don't vote as a group, but whites do? That's racist.

Upvote 0

mark46

Site Supporter
Jan 29, 2010
✟840,613.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
???

1) you haven't a clue with regard to the meaning of "racism"

2) I did NOT say that whites voted a certain way. That was your reading of a poster who identifies as Democratic (me).

3) White evangelical did indeed vote for Trump by a huge percentage in both 2016 and 2020. White evangelicals SELF-identify as Republicans by huge percentages. It is what it is.

4) And yes, I know white evangelicals that were no-Trumpers in both elections. Some are Republican (Rubio folks) and some are Democratic.

5) Now, and if he runs again, Trump has few groups who back him by more than 70% (loyal Trumpers). White evangelicals are one such group.

6) Finally, it is not racist to state the obvious, that white and black evangelicals tend to vote very differently from each other. This has been true since I started following politics when Humphrey gave his 1948 speech that essentially started the "liberal" wing of the Democratic Party. It still exists and controls all three federal branches. This situation is being quickly reversed.

Last edited:
Reactions: Paulos23
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟658,155.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Did you just conflate "conservative" with "white"? Tell us all about those racists again.

You seem to have confused the post you quoted with this one, which I had replied to:
Or perhaps Hispanics don't vote as a group. Unlike white evangelicals, Hispanics have widely different interests.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟658,155.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Uh huh. Just drop the whole "evangelical" bit and conflate with "white".

I'm not the one doing the conflating. Anyone can be an evangelical Christian.
Why are you so fixated on race?

Upvote 0

Belk

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2005
Seattle
✟915,761.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟439,869.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
No, replacement theory is pure racism because it assumes minorities won't vote Republican.

Circular logic engage!

If that's true, and minorities won't generally vote Republican, then it shows that the problem with the GOP is white supremecy.

Circular logic complete.

At any rate, it fails to acknowledge that voters vote according to what they think is needed.

Actually, it fails to acknowledge how the left has splintered and radicalized.

In promoting far left rhetoric....they appear to be increasingly pushing the minority voters right.

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟439,869.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I guess the Buffalo shooter was heavy into this theory. I am wondering how many of the CF faithful are proponents of this theory. Do you believe in Tucker's Great Replacement theory? If so, why? If not, why?
The “great replacement” theory, in simple terms, states that welcoming immigration policies — particularly those impacting nonwhite immigrants — are part of a plot designed to undermine or “replace” the political power and culture of white people living in Western countries.
chrome-extension://efaidnbmnnnibpcajpcglclefindmkaj/https://immigrationforum.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/12/Replacement-Theory-Explainer-1122.pdf

Who's on board with this?

Just out of curiosity....

Have you or anyone else read the whole 180 page manifesto?

I've no doubt that replacement theory is in there....but I'm doubtful it takes up 180 pages.

Yet, it appears this is the focus of the narrative surrounding the shooting.

Upvote 0

rturner76

Domine non-sum dignus
Site Supporter
May 10, 2011
Twin Cities
✟736,784.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
Just out of curiosity....

Have you or anyone else read the whole 180 page manifesto?

I've no doubt that replacement theory is in there....but I'm doubtful it takes up 180 pages.

Yet, it appears this is the focus of the narrative surrounding the shooting.
It appears it was his focus to blow away as many black people as possible.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
If you really believe all that, then how do you explain why biden's approval rating with Hispanics is so low, and more of them are now voting Republican?

It's not about what anyone here believes, it's about what people who believe in -- and are afraid of -- "Replacement" believe.

Biden's approval among the Latinx community is pretty low... whether or not that translates into a shellacking at the polls remains to be seen.

But it just goes to confirm that non-whites can be every bit as politically conservative as whites... so any ideas and fears that the Dems are trying to "replace" white America are not grounded in reality, and the people who hold such ideas and fears are needlessly paranoid.

Why don't you tell them that?

• Agree
Reactions: Innsmuthbride
Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
It appears it was his focus to blow away as many black people as possible.

Yeah... pretty sure he didn't shoot up that supermarket to protest supply chain issues...

Upvote 0