Goldsboro NC
✟172,852.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
I guess the Buffalo shooter was heavy into this theory. I am wondering how many of the CF faithful are proponents of this theory. Do you believe in Tucker's Great Replacement theory? If so, why? If not, why?
The “great replacement” theory, in simple terms, states that welcoming immigration policies — particularly those impacting nonwhite immigrants — are part of a plot designed to undermine or “replace” the political power and culture of white people living in Western countries.
chrome-extension://efaidnbmnnnibpcajpcglclefindmkaj/https://immigrationforum.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/12/Replacement-Theory-Explainer-1122.pdf

Who's on board with this?
Replacement is already happening. White conservative Christians are a minority in this country already and the percentage is dropping.. No conspiracy is necessary. Their cultural authority is s fading away whether we let in more asylum seekers or not.

Upvote 0

BCP1928

Jan 30, 2024
Goldsboro NC
✟172,852.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Heck, Hispanics had been conservative long ago, and can easily become conservative again (it's probably arguable that they're still mostly voting conservatively).

There is developing a gender schism among some minorities, I note in particular it occurring among Hispanics (I use that term in its linguistic meaning) and black Americans. Males of both groups are increasingly discerning the anti-male aspect of the current Democratic party and are beginning to move away from it.
Hispanics are generally social conservatives and would tend to vote Republican if the Republicans learned to treat "those brown people" (as Governor definitely-not-a-racist Abbot lovingly calls them) with decency and respect.

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,477,322.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hispanics are generally social conservatives and would tend to vote Republican if the Republicans learned to treat "those brown people" (as Governor definitely-not-a-racist Abbot lovingly calls them) with decency and respect.
By "conservative" in my post, I actually meant their voting activity, and I should have specified that. But I agree with you. And many black people are also socially conservative, which is why there are Southern Baptist black people.

The problem with the GOP is that all a minority has to do is sit among a group of them long enough and inevitably it will become clear that they're talking about him....despite his own social and perhaps even fiscal conservatism.

There is a growing group of minorities who don't have a comfortable political home.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BCP1928

Jan 30, 2024
Goldsboro NC
✟172,852.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
By "conservative" in my post, I actually meant their voting activity, and I should have specified that. But I agree with you. And black people are also socially conservative, which is why there are Southern Baptist black people.

The problem with the GOP is that all a minority has to do is sit among a group of them long enough and inevitably it will become clear that they're talking about him....despite his own social and perhaps even fiscal conservatism.

There is a growing group of minorities who don't have a comfortable political home.
Yeah, the Dems really got suckered into a gotcha game over this LGBT stuff and lost. They don't really care all that much about maintaining gender conformity and can't fathom why anybody else would.

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,477,322.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Replacement is already happening. White conservative Christians are a minority in this country already and the percentage is dropping.. No conspiracy is necessary. Their cultural authority is s fading away whether we let in more asylum seekers or not.
Well, if you're going to make the group so specific as "white" and "conservative" and "Christian," then, yes, they're probably a minority.

White conservative Christians probably can't have all three. Maybe just go for two out of three.

Upvote 0

BCP1928

Jan 30, 2024
Goldsboro NC
✟172,852.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Well, if you're going to make the group so specific as "white" and "conservative" and "Christian," then, yes, they're probably a minority.

White conservative Christians probably can't have all three. Maybe just go for two out of three.
A soft policy on asylum seekers has definitely created a serious problem, but that group so far as I am aware is the only group who has turned it into a conspiracy directed at them specifically.

Upvote 0

BPPLEE

Apr 13, 2022
Montgomery
✟142,879.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
As I said: It's been clear for a long time that immigrants don't make faithful Democrats.

One black comedian quipped, "A conservative is someone who has something to conserve."

The consistent "problem" with immigrants--even the illegal ones--is that 18 years is about long enough for them to accumulate something to conserve.
I saw a young black man interviewed and he said, “All my friends are saying under Trump we had money and under Biden we are broke.”

• Agree
Reactions: Vambram
Upvote 0

RDKirk

Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,477,322.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I saw a young black man interviewed and he said, “All my friends are saying under Trump we had money and under Biden we are broke.”
The current economy is a result of the Covid shutdown, or if not the result, certainly the Covid shutdown exacerbated it to this extent. The Covid shutdown was, bluntly, an artificially induced depression. People can argue all day whether it was ultimately necessary, but it did occur, Trump did it and Biden agreed with it.

The problems black men are having with Biden are social in nature, and are certainly a result of the anti-male path the Democratic Party has been on for the last 40 years.

Upvote 0

BCP1928

Jan 30, 2024
Goldsboro NC
✟172,852.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
The current economy is a result of the Covid shutdown, or if not the result, certainly the Covid shutdown exacerbated it to this extent. The Covid shutdown was, bluntly, an artificially induced depression. People can argue all day whether it was ultimately necessary, but it did occur, Trump did it and Biden agreed with it.

The problems black men are having with Biden are social in nature, and are certainly a result of the anti-male path the Democratic Party has been on for the last 40 years.
That comes pretty close to the mark, I think, and may be the basis of this whole gender conformity thing. Please, please expand on the "anti-male path" because I may have been cogitating along the same lines.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

BPPLEE

Apr 13, 2022
Montgomery
✟142,879.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Regardless of who’s fault it is some people are blaming Biden, fair or not

Upvote 0

Estrid

Feb 10, 2021
Hong Kong
✟151,447.00
Country
Hong Kong
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
In Relationship
So, if I'm continual ly getting it wrong, please clear me up. What is your opinion about white privilege?
Im not white. I dont live in usa.
The current political climate between
your races is not my concern.

A way to avoid getting things wrong is,
quit making things up. About me, or China, say.
What did I make up about China?
And you cant figure what you made up about me.

Im going to leave you to talk to yourself.

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,717.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
It is probably an error to ascribe logic or any concept of consistent strategy to Democratic Party machinations over the course of decades.

Why?

The DNC has its agendas, but logical or strategic they are not. It's been clear for a long time that immigrants don't make faithful Democrats.

If one looks at a long enough arc of history, I'd agree.

However, the theory of a "Democratic majority" based on racial demographics was one founded upon roughly 3 decades of rather consistent trends.

You carefully specify "illegal immigration,"

Right.

and I'd argue that members of the Republican Party support "illegal immigration" more than Democrats do.

It's certainly possible. If we were discussing the political landscape of 20 years ago...I might even agree that a majority of Republicans do. At this point though...it's hard to be a Republican openly in favor of illegal immigration and get elected.

The DNC wants to make all immigration legal, not to keep it illegal.

That does seem to be the general idea....but the advantage of keeping at least a significant amount illegal is that those who seem unlikely to follow the party program can be identified and deported before obtaining citizenship.

Without a doubt, "illegal immigration" continues to exist in such a large degree, again, because it is ultra-cheap labor for jobs that can't be outsourced from the CONUS.

Indeed. Although not everyone agrees with my assessment of the issues regarding the depression of wages as a result of this.

Many people have a difficult time understanding that leaving a job like nursing....which is skilled but labor intensive....for a job like owning/operating a landscaping business, restaurant, or housekeeping business is a lot less viable if one isn't able to compromise their morals.

The largest shrink in the middle class in anyone's lifetime was after manufacturing jobs went to cheap overseas labor. Now it's happening in the labor and service industries.

If either party really wanted to eliminate that source of ultra-cheap CONUS labor, they'd arrest the CEOs of companies that employ them.

The companies that employ them are typically not the big companies they actually work for....they're subcontractors. Tyson foods for example, doesn't hire the people who clean their industrial machinery. The company they do hire for that work is employing the illegals so Tyson can pretend they didn't know.

Regardless, they do get fined when caught....but the amounts are small enough that it's just considered the price of doing business.

That takes no new laws, that merely takes a DoJ under a president with the will to do it.

Unfortunately, I think the DOJ will first have to go after corrupt politicians. Merrick Garland for example, has a son in law with a profitable business surveying public schools.

The surveys then tell this business to promote the administration's educational indoctrination. Whether it's CRT, Social Emotional Learning, or the newest iteration, DEI....I've never heard of any example of the survey resulting in any suggestions different from the Biden administration agenda.

Why do this? Why use a "3rd party" private business to promote what is clearly the Biden administration agenda? In case people don't like it....because they certainly didn't vote for it. Unfortunately, I don't think this administration guessed parents would actually run for their school boards and prevent said indoctrination from being taught....but luckily, Garland turned the FBI loose on the parents.

After all, his son in law's millions in government contracts were in danger.

• Agree
Upvote 0

RDKirk

Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,477,322.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The companies that employ them are typically not the big companies they actually work for....they're subcontractors. Tyson foods for example, doesn't hire the people who clean their industrial machinery. The company they do hire for that work is employing the illegals so Tyson can pretend they didn't know.
I know that. I've seen it happen first-hand. After my military retirement, I spent another career working at the headquarters of a certain Fortune 50 insurance company. The company contracted with another company for janitorial and food services. The workers were all blue collar black and white men and women.

In 2010, the insurance company (frightened by the Great Recession, even though the economic downturn actually had negligible effect on the company) demanded a cheaper contract from the services company.

On a single Monday, the composition of the contractor workforce at the company changed completely from blacks and whites to Latinos. I was working late into the evenings in those days, so I had opportunities to be there while the major evening cleaning crews did their work. I'm not a fluent Spanish-speaker, but I know non-Mexican Spanish when I hear it. Those crews spoke a non-Mexican Spanish, and only the foreman could speak English.

During that same period (I've related another story about this in a different context), there was a noticeable influx of Latino immigrants, and I know they weren't all legal (coincidentally, it was a legal Latino who told me this and pointed some out).

Regardless, they do get fined when caught....but the amounts are small enough that it's just considered the price of doing business.
So, if the Administration (any administration) really wanted to deal with this, they can certainly go after those contractors and not merely fine them but hand out some prison sentences. And they can certainly set some fire to the feet of the larger companies that hire them. I know that insurance company's executives would not want the negative publicity of defending themselves from the accusation of hiring illegal immigrants, even if they're able to wiggle out of conviction.

• Agree
Upvote 0

BPPLEE

Apr 13, 2022
Montgomery
✟142,879.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I know that. I've seen it happen first-hand. After my military retirement, I spent another career working at the headquarters of a certain Fortune 50 insurance company. The company contracted with another company for janitorial and food services. The workers were all blue collar black and white men and women.

In 2010, the insurance company (frightened by the Great Recession, even though the economic downturn actually had negligible effect on the company) demanded a cheaper contract from the services company.

On a single Monday, the composition of the contractor workforce at the company changed completely from blacks and whites to Latinos. I was working late into the evenings in those days, so I had opportunities to be there while the major evening cleaning crews did their work. I'm not a fluent Spanish-speaker, but I know non-Mexican Spanish when I hear it. Those crews spoke a non-Mexican Spanish, and only the foreman could speak English.

During that same period (I've related another story about this in a different context), there was a noticeable influx of Latino immigrants, and I know they weren't all legal (coincidentally, it was a legal Latino who told me this and pointed some out).

So, if the Administration (any administration) really wanted to deal with this, they can certainly go after those contractors and not merely fine them but hand out some prison sentences. And they can certainly set some fire to the feet of the larger companies that hire them. I know that insurance company's executives would not want the negative publicity of defending themselves from the accusation of hiring illegal immigrants, even if they're able to wiggle out of conviction.
There was a man that had several catfish farms in a neighboring county and he employed mostly illegal immigrants They would come to the hospital I worked at occasionally and our Language Line that we used to translate English into Spanish would not work for them. One of them got hurt at work and the owner refused to pay his medical bills. The illegal migrant got a lawyer. Then the Feds showed up.
That man is not in the catfish business any longer. I don’t know what he ended up being fined or if he served time but I know it put him out of business.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums