The Explosivly Popular P.O.D.

No where in the Bible does it say that any form of music is sin.
If you say "rock music" is bad, are you saying that the instruments that are used for "rock music" are bad? Instruments vary, and many of them are used in other forms of music.

In the Bible people worshipped with harp (like a guitar or piano) and drum. Sounds like rock n roll to me!

As for POD playing at OZfest, they were asked to play. Christ called His followers to minister to unbelievers, and that is just what they did there. If I was asked to preach the gospel at OZfest, or play Christ centered music, I would have done so.

Most kids won't listen to a lot of music today, but they will listen to POD. Check out these lyrics which are leading kids to place an honest belief in Christ:

My King is He in the power of Three
So what you want you ain't down with us
You get so scared, so mad when I say the word Jesus
I ain't down, you preach too much
But if you ask me boy, I don't think I preach enough
I tell you God is real, so don't miss the boat
But since we come off hard, you say we shove it down your throats
You wanna talk that talk, walk that walk
I'm the only person you see, but it ain't me that you mock
Man is nothing, but you think that you're bad
Fool if it wasn't for my God, I would have already had you
Deny His name are you willing to admit it
And if so, are you willing to die for it
Cuz I am, He is my life and I don't fear death
Cuz he already paid the Price
All your talk and are your threats ain't jack blaspheme my God
Yo punk I'm not having that, turn away it's your own loss
Cuz all I can do is just take them to the cross
(END)

Now would you rather have a 14 year old listen to this, and possibly become favorable toward learning about Jesus and the Bible, or have them listen to a song about hitting women, living drunk and stoned, committing crimes, or caught up in premaritial sex. Kids don't have many options in music to listen to today. No kid is going to listen to soft rock "Christian" music. Shoot, I won't even listen to that stuff.

Check out the forums, 100s have been led to Christ after finding that they enjoy the music and then looking into what they believe:

www.payableondeath.com

Susan, what is your idea of "Christian music" that you listen to anyways?

I own all 4 POD albums, and love them all equally. When I listen, I listen to the lyrics while praying and lifting them up to Him. I sing along, and worship the Lord, I praise Him for using POD as His instrument to make pleasing music that is Christ centered, and performed/written by Christ centered individuals.

Some more lyrics, where did these come from, a church hymn?
Coming Back

He's coming back
He's coming back for me and you
3x

It's the low down, the showdown, brothers ready to throw down
No need for us to go down, the Truth is what we know now
That we have we have life through my Lord, Christ Jesus
No one can love you more than to do the things that He did
So give Him your pass so that He can start to mold ya
Full fledged, dedicated, hardcore, christian soldier
Spiritual war, it's a spiritual bout

He's coming back
He's coming back for me and you
(END)

No! It's not only a church hymn, it's similar to Susan's signature, and it's POD lyrics!!!

Only satan would want to take away Christian lyrics such as the ones POD sings from our youth of the world.

Upvote 0

Warrior4Jah

Conservative on a mission
Jun 26, 2002
Ohio!!!! YAY!
Visit site
✟692.00
lol, i just ignore people like susan. Like Sonny said, critisism comes with the territory. The secoind they became mainstream, we had all sorts of people jumping on P.O.D. trying to make them look bad. *shrugs* Thats the way it works. Just refer to the song "Know me"

You're not who they say you are
They made you the enemy
(CHRIST-Jah flesh; CHRIST-Light within; CHRIST- Beginning and the end)
Taken something so beautiful
Painted a new picture that makes me sick
(CHRIST-Witness; CHRIST-Living one; CHRIST-First and the last)
Feed our minds confusion
Sweeten the taste of pollution.
(CHRIST-Word life; CHRIST-Resurrect; CHRIST-Everlasting Jah)

chorus:
Some people call you father
Maybe you could set me free
These people hate each other
But you've always been there for me

I refuse to be like you
Without life, caving in
(CHRIST-Jah flesh; CHRIST-Light within; CHRIST- Beginning and the end)
I surrender, giving up all that is me
Yielding to you
(CHRIST-Witness; CHRIST-Living one; CHRIST-First and the last)
Shape me in my brokeness
Empower me forever
(CHRIST-Word life; CHRIST-Resurrect; CHRIST-Everlasting Jah)

chorus

outro:
I know you will complete this work started in me
I need you more than ever now that I know who you are
I know you will complete this work started in me
I need you more than ever now that I've come so far

Anyone who cant understand these lyrics DOES have brain problems. Poor people....

Upvote 0

Caedmon

kawaii
Supporter
Dec 18, 2001
R'lyeh
✟49,383.00
Faith
Catholic
Politics
US-Others
Originally posted by Susan
I am not a KJV onlyist but I agree completely with that article.
You can't deny quotes, and these people WERE even cursing God Himself and recommending those who do. There's proof of that.
POD are NOT CHRISTIANS, no matter what anyone says.

Susan I read the article, and a lot of their statements are poor commentaries, twisted to fit their agenda. Some of them are real bellylaughs.

The following is not directed toward you specifically Susan, but it is a reality for some people. Now the thing about it is, the authors of the article use the most "truthful", aka "convincing", arguments first, and leave the whoppers down at the bottom of the article, after most people have gotten too bored to continue reading. But for some that do read down to the bottom, those are the ones that proceed with a predeveloped urgent desire to believe in the "veracity" of the arguments in the article to justify their subjective feelings, and by that time, they're more than happy to fudge over the more far-fetched emotionally charged statements at the end. It's a basic cultic/progandandistic technique: draw them in with quasi-feasible statements and prooftexting(and loads of charismatic emotionality), and when they're hooked, feed their passions with fantastic feel-good strawmen.

Upvote 0

Caedmon

kawaii
Supporter
Dec 18, 2001
R'lyeh
✟49,383.00
Faith
Catholic
Politics
US-Others
Originally posted by Susan
I hate "Christian rock"! It is evil and sin.

Susan please provide some sort of legitimate support for your statement. Unsubstantiated remarks are a dime-a-dozen.

With all due respect Susan, you're beginning to reflect the attitudes of those that you have recently claimed to reject, Chick, Kjos, etc. I thought you didn't want to resort to their tactics. :confused:

Upvote 0

Susan

退屈させた1 つ (bored one)
Feb 16, 2002
El Cajon, California, USA
Visit site
✟15,012.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I honestly do not want to be like them, and the more I look at that article and think about it, the stranger it seems, especially the tie-in to a conspiracy. :confused:

To tell the truth, I don't really have an opinion one way or the other, but I do prefer quieter music, and I realized that I was alienating many fellow fundamentalists here with my rather liberal stance on some issues.
So I decided to make my preference a *conviction* in order to not be seen as "too" liberal.

What I am trying to say is that I may have indeed been wrong. :) :sorry:

Upvote 0

Susan

退屈させた1 つ (bored one)
Feb 16, 2002
El Cajon, California, USA
Visit site
✟15,012.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
BTW I DO believe though that POD (although not all in Christian rock) could be syncretists trading off of the rumor that they have some basis in Christianity (ala NGE) because they have done some things of that order. . .

Upvote 0

Warrior4Jah

Conservative on a mission
Jun 26, 2002
Ohio!!!! YAY!
Visit site
✟692.00
Susan, what, now your trying to cover yourself? P.O.D. is fully christian, Completely. Ive been to tons of P.O.D. concerts, there isnt a single one where they dont preach the Word of God. Honestly, in that song I posted, which hrist did you think they ment? Some other Christ, word life, light within, witness, first and the last, beginning and the end.

"Step up punks, get rushed, you can't touch me
Braced in your word, I say, I have no fear
Step up punks, get rushed, you can't touch me
Sheltered by Your blood, your sweat, your tears"

Whose blood sweat and tears do ou think they're sheltered by? Whos word, in which they are embraced frees them of fear?

"Cuz I am, He is my life and I don't fear death
Cuz he already paid the Price
All your talk and are your threats ain't jack blaspheme my God
Yo punk I'm not having that, turn away it's your own loss
Cuz all I can do is just take them to the cross"

Who do think they are talking about that already paid the price? Which cross do you think they mean?

"Light this fire to flames; praise the name, Jehovah Jireh
Is my provider, the truth that lives inside of this fighter?
Take me higher, Master, Sire makes me a rider"

How many Jehovah Jirehs do you know Susan? Which truth, provider, that lives inside of them do you think they mean? Which Master or Sire do you think makes him a rider?

"We came here to rock this jam
Spread His love is the master plan
Let this light ignite like a star"

Whos love do you think they mean? Whos master plan are they talking about?

"The victory, how sweet it be, is already ours
Holding the stars, is the Man that carries my scars
Always the same, I wear His name with now shame"

Which victory? Which Man do you think they mean? Whos name do you think they wear with no shame?

"Cuz ya frontin' ain't nothin but words to me
You never had the stuff and your butt ain't crazy enough
To handle, we come step to me
My King is He in the power of Three
So what you want you ain't down with us
You get so scared, so mad when I say the word Jesus"

Do I need to explain??!!

Everythink in quotation is 100% P.O.D. (Payable On Death of Atlantic and 3 Points Records) lyrics. Answer these questions Susan, you know the truth. Stop trying to make others look bad without even knwoing them, without even listening to what they sing. If I had never met you, If I had never seen you or talked with you, and sudeenly went around calling you a non believer, or a pagan, or a rasta, or a satanist, whichever one, I dont think you would be to happy. just think about that for a moment Susan, and think a little more before you go and judge people.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Caedmon

kawaii
Supporter
Dec 18, 2001
R'lyeh
✟49,383.00
Faith
Catholic
Politics
US-Others
Originally posted by s0uljah
Ok, so the heaviness of music defines its amount of evilness, Susan?

Yes, because Dminor played at loud volumes with funky beats is reminiscent of African pagan voodoo chants that inflame intense fleshly emotions and leave you open to possession.

lol, j/k :D

Upvote 0

MatthewDiscipleofGod

Senior Veteran
Feb 6, 2002
Minnesota
Visit site
✟13,302.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Disciple is a heavy band and check out how they write their lyrics. I met them, and talked to them. Great guys and many come to Christ at their shows and they have prayers during their sets. Here is an example of one of their radio hits.

Listen to their stuff at http://www.disciplerocks.com/ and also read more lyrics and other info. Can you tell me me honestly that God rejects what they do? I don't think you could with all honesty.

By God

V1 - Bring out the best in me which is nothing less than your holiness (Romans 6:22) manifest your power in me (2 Corinthians 4:10) and I'll be a vessel of your glory (2 Timothy 2:21) I lay me down let it rise up in my soul (1 John 3:16) I'm falling down so you pick me up again (Jude 24) God tear it down the walls that the enemy built around me (Jeremiah 51:58) Send your spirit down, where the Spirit is there is freedom (2 Corinthians 3:17)

B - Oh God, without you I can do nothing (John 15:5) By God, I can do all things (Philippians 4:13)

B2 - It should've been my hands It should've been my cross It should've been my nails that pierced your skin (Isaiah 53:5, 1 John 3:5, 4:10) so I deny myself and I take up my cross to follow you, oh yeah (Luke 9:23)

C - It's not about me for by grace I was saved by God (Ephesians 2:8) And I am not mine, I was bought with a price by God (1 Corinthians 6:19-20) And I will live by every word from His mouth by God (Deuteronomy 8:3, Luke 4:4) He won't back down, push and you get pushed back by God (Psalm 44:5, Galatians 6:7)

V2 - I open up my mouth, fill it with the word of God (Psalm 81:10) when I reach out my hand, Lord may it have your healing (Acts 4:30, 1 Corinthians 12:9) Lord bring it down, release your power once again (1 Corinthians 2:4- 5) anoint our hands to do the works that you once did (John 14:12) Lord our desire is for the spiritual gifts of God (1 Corinthians 14:1) Let the children prophesy your wonderful works Lord (Joel 2:28, Acts 2:17)

Additional Info

"By God" is a prayer and a declaration. The prayer of this song is for God to use me, fill me, and free me. The declaration is that without Him I can do nothing and I am nothing (John 15:5). "For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves, it is a gift from God, not of works, lest anyone should boast" (Ephesians 2:8,9). "For in Him we live and move and have our being" (Acts 17:28). It is in Him that we even have life. "For by Him all things were created that are in heaven and that are on earth,.... All things were created through Him and for Him" (Colossians 1:16). We were created "By God" for God. Let us pray that we will submit to our creator and that He would fill us with His Spirit to witness and to use our hands for His will. And in case you are wondering what the album cover means, it is simply a picture of a creation "By God."

Upvote 0

Reckless Abandon

(Enter Title Here)
Jun 24, 2002
✟160.00
P.O.D. is not a christian band. They were awarded with a dove award, but my youth pastor saw this magazine with them it it and they used VERY foul language in their interview with the magazine. My youth pastor then sent the magazine to the dove award people, and they took their awards back from POD. Believe what you will, but I think they are not christian.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.