The Explosivly Popular P.O.D.

Warrior4Jah

Conservative on a mission
Jun 26, 2002
Ohio!!!! YAY!
Visit site
✟692.00
Your argument holds no water. I already know all there is to know about Rastafarian after studying it extensively, when defending P.O.D. of this very same accusation before.

First of all, lets get a few things straight. Some of the Rasta religion is based around the bible, but much of it, sadly, they do not believe nor follow. Now, such words are used commonly in Rasta "call to worship" songs. But, before you begin to debate you have to know something about these phrases. Each term comes from parts of the bible which the Rasta have taken as part of their religion.

JAH - The Rastafarian name for God.
BABYLON - Babylon is the Rastafarian term for the white political and church structure that has been holding the black race down for centuries.
I AND I – Rastafarian expression for oneness. `I and I' as being the oneness of two persons.
ZION – Ethiopia, Africa, the Rastafarian holy land.
TRIBAL – Rastafarians believe the black race is the reincarnation of the ancient tribes of Israel.

Thats exactly what your thinking, now let me show you what P.O.D. and Christian PREACHERS use these terms for.

JAH: Found in Psalms! This is a word for God! Or Jehovah! Or Yahweh! Or Yah! Or the Lord! Or Heavenly Father! Or just plain God! This word was adopted by Rastas because they didnt want to use the other words, since they believe partially in scripture, they felt they'd rather adopt a term used very rarely in the Bible. They knew that there were very few christians around, and with the absence of any christian doctrine the word Jah would go unnoticed by the people as a name for the christian/jewish God.
BABYLON: You've got to be kidding me right? If you've read ANYTHING in the bible you know where and what Babylon was. You know that Babylon was one of the greatest cities, rich in wealth. Yet the city was filled with decievers, hatred, se, false icons, graven images, golden idols, and everything against God. In all of P.O.D.'s songs, they use Babylon to represent the hatred and corrupt of this world. "I see you people babylon and on and on
Graven images, golden idols and false icons
I'm seeking wisdom like Solomon
But my antenae keeps on picking up evil transmissions" From the song Breathe Babylon

Sit down in the dust, Babylon without a throne to call your own is 47:1
The city has fallen, she has fallen golden images of it's god
Lie shattered on the ground- Breathe Babylon, P.O.D. Brown Album

I think its apparent enough which Babylon P.O.D. is talkin about. On to term number three.

I AND I: Frequently used by P.O.D. When P.O.D. talks about I and I, they/he are talking about them/him and the rest of the warriors, warriors for christ and him/them living in Christ as one. The term is used to discourage the division among today's culture, showing that no matter what denomination you are we are all as one, living in Jesus.

ZION: Once again, you read the bible you know what it means. Zion is the holy land of Israel, or Mount Zion. Usually reffered to as the holy land. "Misled bureaucracy, full of hypocrisy
I gotta steel pulse, looking for a true democracy
Destruction, now your walls have fallen
Just sitting here waiting for the train to Zion"- Breathe Babylon

I follow the Son and ride on to Zion
And dance this last song of freedom - Satellite, from Satellite Album.

Since Rastas dont believe in the Son what other Zion is he talking about? Ive been to alot of P.O.D. concerts, at one of them, you know what he said during the song "Satellite"? He said to the audience

"You gotta follow the Son, man, yo Jesus, Hes for real, follow Him to da true Zion, da Holy land, follow Him to Israel and know who died there, and know where it all began."

TRIBAL: Last but not least. Tribal, usually used when referring to P.O.D. fans as tribal warriors. We're like the ancient tribes of Israel, warriors, tribal warriors fighting a spiritual war with Jesus at our side.

"All hail, we prevail, the Tribes of Israel, flow through ya
We pursue the conquering lion of the Tribe of Judah- The Messenjah, Satellite Album

Are you convinced yet?

Upvote 0

Caedmon

kawaii
Supporter
Dec 18, 2001
R'lyeh
✟49,383.00
Faith
Catholic
Politics
US-Others
Originally posted by Warrior4Jah
First of all, lets get a few things straight. Some of the Rasta religion is based around the bible, but much of it, sadly, they do not believe nor follow.

So in other words, they have misappropriated Christian terminology, and POD is "correcting" them? :confused:

JAH - The Rastafarian name for God.
BABYLON - Babylon is the Rastafarian term for the white political and church structure that has been holding the black race down for centuries.
I AND I – Rastafarian expression for oneness. `I and I' as being the oneness of two persons.
ZION – Ethiopia, Africa, the Rastafarian holy land.
TRIBAL – Rastafarians believe the black race is the reincarnation of the ancient tribes of Israel.

Thats exactly what your thinking, now let me show you what P.O.D. and Christian PREACHERS use these terms for.

[snip]

Are you convinced yet?

No matter what you say, Rastafarianism still uses these terms in a racially-motivated manner to justify their hatred of govt and the white race, and to legitimize their "religion". You cannot alter that fact.

Hey, I think I'm going to start a band. We're going to use a swastika as our symbol. Aaaahhhhh, come oooonnnnnnnn... The swastika is historically an ancient Germanic symbol that stands for "good will". It was inscribed on Anglosaxon and Celtic gravemarkers as a farewell wish of peace for the departed. Nevermind the racially motivated connotation endowed on it by past racist organizations. What? I still can't use it? It wouldn't be a good idea you say? Interesting... :scratch:

Upvote 0
I like your Spurgeon quote joe, I'm eat up all his stuff. However, you're just going to have to lay off the Jah hate. Jah is what many Christians in Jamaica use, and believe me, not all Jamaicans are Rastas!

You MUST read this article, Chrisifari has been around longer than POD, and they've been using Jah for Chirst. Superb article:

http://www.christafari.com/en/faq/detail/urpp/Jah+-+Why+do+we+use+the+name?.html

And since when was a Rasta racist? They're not racist, just mixed up in a cult!

And besides that, POD has defined their use of Jah: http://www.payableondeath.com

They lead a culture of people that use POD music as a ministry of Christ's message to others and as a worship tool to praise God. They call the members of this subculture Jah Warriors: Warriors for Christ!

The American culture calls Him Jesus. Throughout time all sorts of cultures have used different language for the same Name. True message gets across, True Name gets across.

These aren't even the original Greek or Hebrew names!

YHWH!

So lay off!

Hal-le-lu-JAH! Jah is Lord!!

Another Jah Warrior 4Life here; unless they end up selling out too much away from their initial ministry. But I haven't seen it yet!

"U DON'T KNOW MEEEEEE!"

"Where do you stand alone in the battle cry? Tribal soldier? REPRESENT! I and I JAH JAH WARRIOR!!

Can't take away my love for Your sacrifice, even if I die tonight. IF I DIE TONIGHT.............!!!!!!!!

I feel you fellow Jah Warrior. Holy Spirit in this thread!

I am going to have to start up a POD lyric thread.

Upvote 0

Caedmon

kawaii
Supporter
Dec 18, 2001
R'lyeh
✟49,383.00
Faith
Catholic
Politics
US-Others
Just so everyone knows, I like POD. I have the Southtown CD. I was taking the opposing viewpoint to eliminate my own apprehensions about the band. And while they haven't been totally eliminated, it's not enough to stop me from listening to them.

BTW, which is their best CD? I listened to Brown the other day, and it sounded pretty cool, and a lot more "defiant" than Southtown. Any comments?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Warrior4Jah

Conservative on a mission
Jun 26, 2002
Ohio!!!! YAY!
Visit site
✟692.00
Please delete that link. Ive read it before, send immensely long emails proving everything that was wrong, gotten and apology for its crap yet they never did anything about it. I hope no one goes to that site and gets the wrong idea about P.O.D. Honestly though, anyone who would take that seriously has brain problems.

Upvote 0

Susan

退屈させた1 つ (bored one)
Feb 16, 2002
El Cajon, California, USA
Visit site
✟15,012.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I am not a KJV onlyist but I agree completely with that article.
You can't deny quotes, and these people WERE even cursing God Himself and recommending those who do. There's proof of that.
POD are NOT CHRISTIANS, no matter what anyone says.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Susan

退屈させた1 つ (bored one)
Feb 16, 2002
Visit site
✟15,012.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
And NO, I don't have brain problems Warrior: you reflect their very evil spirit in your foulmouthed (c-word) criticism of that wonderful refutation of POD-which means in reality Perverted Old Demons.

Upvote 0

Susan

退屈させた1 つ (bored one)
Feb 16, 2002
Visit site
✟15,012.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Originally posted by Warrior4Jah
I dont think anyone should care wether or not P.O.D. uses "rasta terms" its what they believe and what they sing about taht shouyld matter

Yeah, and I heard they sing about suicide and s*x. . .

I've heard all of these claims before somewhere: in defense of Neon Genesis Evangelion.

If you don't know what that is, it is a highly se*ual and ultraviolent anime which is borderline hentai and, as described by secular observers even, "an almost cultlike atmosphere due to the distortion of Judeo-Christian concepts." Yet there are some otaku who claim that the anime was written by a "depressed Christian pastor" and was meant to lead people to Christ. That myth was debunked and thankfully many Christians are seeing that NGE is evil and turning away from it.

If you want to know more, PM me.

Upvote 0

Susan

退屈させた1 つ (bored one)
Feb 16, 2002
Visit site
✟15,012.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
BTW one more thing. POD opened for Ozzfest and many other admittedly satanic groups, including Marilyn Manson.

"They're leading them to Christ," you say. . .

How would you feel if I, as a Christian writer, signed on to co-write and add a plot to an anime that anyone normally would call hentai? (if you are "Polymathematicianic" from CBBS, DO NOT answer that :mad: )
Most likely you would be shocked, dismayed, and angry that I sold my writing skills and my soul to the lowest bidder. "But remember-I'm co-writing just so people will see that I am a good writer. Oh, and I didn't write the hentai-the other writer did. I just made it where they had to call it borderline hehe" :rolleyes:

Is POD headlining for Ozzfest any better than me signing on to co-write hentai? (Not that I would. Don't even think that I would!)

Just an honest question. :)

Upvote 0