Visit site
✟13,302.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
"Look, if Reckless posts the link he may get in trouble for violating rule 4. So just let him be, OK?"

I have troubles believing what he's saying here. I would like proof. Sounds like pure rumor to me. I know there once a long time ago an article where the bass player was mis quoted and the magazine appologized for it. Is that what your talking about? Starting rumors without anything to back it up isn't something that's very wise.

Upvote 0
Misquoted??? Excuse me but how can you misquote obscenity?

I don't know what magazine it was, but if the reporter wasn't taking very good notes, and is used to working with bands that cuss all the time, then he/she may have had half a quote and when he/she tried to remember the exact words, accidently filled in a cuss, thinking that is what they said. Not every reporter uses a tape recorder, and even with one it is still possible to mess something up.

Upvote 0

Warrior4Jah

Conservative on a mission
Jun 26, 2002
Ohio!!!! YAY!
Visit site
✟692.00
Susan, you havent even responded to what I posted before. Does this mean you agree with me and iwll drop the subject or would you like to say something to try and make P.O.D. look bad? Honestly, you people. Who are you to judge P.O.D.? You dont know them, you dont know Sonny, or Traa or Wuv or Marcos. Heck youve never even listened to P.O.D.! You just read something on a website and believe it! Did you read the post I put? The lyrics I pasted? If so, can you explain to me what they mean if not christian principles! Ive even met the band before, If you knew them youd realize how silly you look. I know its stupid of me to argue with you about it, but when you know someone personally, and you see people bashing them and calling them foul mouthed it really gets to you! Sonny, Traa, Wuv, and Marcos are the four greatest guys Ive ever met. Theyve reached more people with their music, brought more people to Christ then you ever will in a lifetime! I know for a fact, never in any interview or magazine artile or son or movie or television broadcast of any kind has P.O.D. used foul language. They try their best to set good examples because they know their responsibilties, to say such insulting things about them withoutn any proof is not only insulting to them but its insulting to anyone who ever knew them. Here are som lyrics from the song Know Me (yes by P.O.D.) It sums this up pretty well.

"Take five seconds and listen up, Open your mind
Never met me face to face, but persist to talk behind my back
In face, you never even seen me never been where I am
From, where I'm at, or even be me so check me, test me,
I ain't got nothing to loose, been down since the beginning
Stop and stare at me not who you are
Cuz your just to scared to be "

"Reap what I've sown, it all goes along with my past
It's not the first time I've struggled and it won't be the last
No class, when you talk about another how can you say "

Upvote 0

Susan

退屈させた1 つ (bored one)
Feb 16, 2002
El Cajon, California, USA
Visit site
✟15,012.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
No one here has ever openly addressed the accusations of this allegedly Christian band using foul language. Anyone care to do so? :confused:

I hold Christians to a higher standard, after all we are supposed to be the light of the world, not a part of the world. . .:)

Upvote 0

supermagdalena

The Shrubs and the Flan.
Jan 27, 2002
Suburbia, USA
Visit site
✟2,068.00
Faith
Non-Denom
First of all, if they might've slipped up once.  And you can not condemn them for that if they have (though I doubt it was public), because you yourself screw up now and then and I don't see you condemning yourself.  Heck, things slip out of my mouth on select occasions that I'm not proud of.  But I guess it's because they're a Christian rock band that it would be such a big deal, most people don't accept those as valid anyways.  But it's purely hypocritical.

Secondly, I haven't seen you come up with anything to back up the accusations.  Why do you question them?  It sounds like pure rumor.  Is it the genre that makes you doubt their beliefs?

If you make claims or suggest scandal, be ready with reliable sources to back yourself up.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Reckless Abandon

(Enter Title Here)
Jun 24, 2002
✟160.00
The magazine was "Guitar World" and my youth pastor was not sure which issue, but he is pretty sure it was November, 2000. Disappointingly, on their website you can't see a magazine archive. But I am going to email them and find out more information about it.

Anyway, P.O.D. is associated with non-christian rock bands in this magazine and in other places, as well.

(I clipped this from the "guitar world" website)

<SPAN class=subheader>"Meshuggah join Ozzfest</SPAN>

Meshuggah have landed a coveted spot on the year’s biggest music extravaganza, OZZFEST 2002, running July 6th – September 8th. The band will directly support Rob Zombie on the second stage, as Ozzy, System of a Down, P.O.D. and Zakk Wylde’s Black Label Society headline the main stage."

(clipped from http://www.guitarworld.com/0100/framesets/news.html)&nbsp;

&nbsp;...So that should at least tell you something...

If I find out any more information, I will post it here.

Upvote 0

coolhandluke

*a princess*
Jun 26, 2002
Arkansas
Visit site
✟8,509.00
Faith
Calvinist
and there's something wrong with them playing with secular bands and getting the oppurtunity to witness to kids that probably don't know Christ, rather than a bunch of Christians at a Christian venue with another Christian band? which do you think Jesus would've done? Gone out and witnessed to the sinners, or stayed in the confines of the Christian scene just because of what people like you would think?

-katie

Upvote 0

supermagdalena

The Shrubs and the Flan.
Jan 27, 2002
Suburbia, USA
Visit site
✟2,068.00
Faith
Non-Denom
I see nothing wrong with them associating with Non-Christian bands.&nbsp; They reach a wider audience.&nbsp; They don't condone their behavior or music, but they do hang with them and try to talk to them.&nbsp; Let me remind you that Jesus was judging for hanging out with the prostitutes and tax collectors.

In playing in those concerts they reach more people.&nbsp; I think it's awesome.&nbsp; Don't condemn them for befriending other bands that are immoral.&nbsp; It's like you having nonChristian friends.&nbsp; you have those, don't you?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Reckless Abandon

(Enter Title Here)
Jun 24, 2002
✟160.00
Originally posted by coolhandluke
and there's something wrong with them playing with secular bands and getting the oppurtunity to witness to kids that probably don't know Christ, rather than a bunch of Christians at a Christian venue with another Christian band? which do you think Jesus would've done? Gone out and witnessed to the sinners, or stayed in the confines of the Christian scene just because of what people like you would think?

The Bible says:

<SPAN class=NavigationLinks>1 Thessalonians 5:22</SPAN>
Abstain from all appearance&nbsp;of evil.

Associating yourself with non-christians (not meaning: being around non-christians, but being a part of them) is wrong. Period.

&nbsp;

Originally posted by PrinceJeff
I am associated with non christians in my place of work. So what? Same with POD. If a secular magazine does a profile on their music, fine. And I want the date of the issue and page number where I can see POD supposedly cussing.

I already said, my youth pastor doesn't know for sure, but when he finds out I will let you know...

&nbsp;

Upvote 0

supermagdalena

The Shrubs and the Flan.
Jan 27, 2002
Suburbia, USA
Visit site
✟2,068.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Some of my best friends are nonChristians.&nbsp; What's wrong with that?&nbsp; You think you can evangelize and touch people, as Christians are supposed to, by keeping an arm's length away?&nbsp; No way in heck.&nbsp;

The quote is in the world, not of the world.&nbsp; If you don't fall into their habits or let them effect you, there's nothing wrong with reaching out to people.&nbsp; The quote is to abstain from all appearance of evil.&nbsp; I don't see POD singing about and doing the stuff those bands are doing, but they are reaching out to them.&nbsp; It's a Christ-like behavior.&nbsp; I'm friends with everyone I can be at school.&nbsp; This makes people think more of Christians as a whole because they think, 'Hey, she's not snubbing me like half the school because I sleep around/do drugs/etc.&nbsp; Actually, she's being nice.&nbsp; Maybe there's something to all of this stuff after all.'&nbsp; At least that's what I hope to do.

As far as the cussing, yeah, that would be bad.&nbsp; But I still have found no evidence.&nbsp; And if it's an isolated incidence, good gosh give the guys a break.&nbsp; They're still human, remember?&nbsp; Not perfect.&nbsp; Not holy.&nbsp; They're simply redeemed, sinful humans just like us.

Upvote 0

coolhandluke

*a princess*
Jun 26, 2002
Arkansas
Visit site
✟8,509.00
Faith
Calvinist
"Associating yourself with non-christians (not meaning: being around non-christians, but being a part of them) is wrong. Period."

Jesus hung out with the sinners all the time. We're called to do that too. To witness to them. POD isn't part of them...at least not cus they're playing shows with secular bands. It makes them no less Godly. It makes them more Godly, if anything. It just gives them an oppurtunity to go witness to them. It's just what they do. It's the same as Jesus eating with sinners. He had to eat, so he ate with sinners. POD plays music, so they play music with sinners. It's all a means of witnessing. The three most Godly people I know, have played shows with some very un-Godly people. Does this make them any less Christian? No. POD doesn't hide their spirituality. They express just as clearly in the secular scene as they do in the Christian scene. People that are too afraid to step out of their safe little boxes, because they're afraid of what other Christians are going to think, are the ones that are doing something wrong. What kind of impression are you going to make on non-Christians if you're unwilling to associate with them?

-katie

Upvote 0

Reckless Abandon

(Enter Title Here)
Jun 24, 2002
✟160.00
I just found this website. Please go here and read over EVERYTHING. After reading over everything that this website has to say, and you still are not convinced, tell me and I will find more for you :) .

http://www.av1611.org/crock/pod_rast.html

Beware of&nbsp;:bow: false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves :eek: .

------Matthew 7:15

Upvote 0

Susan

退屈させた1 つ (bored one)
Feb 16, 2002
El Cajon, California, USA
Visit site
✟15,012.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Good article, RA. -^.^-

What really makes me :mad: is that cultists like these pose as Christians.

It's one thing to be non-Christian and to present false ideas and to be in a cult. I feel only sympathy for those who are in that miserable place, and I pray that they will come to know Jesus.

However I have no sympathy for evil wolves like pod. They pose as Christians and spew evil garbage. I think the hottest fires are reserved for false prophets who pose as Christians. . .:( and I fear for their very souls. :( Hopefully God will have mercy. . .

Upvote 0