The Explosivly Popular P.O.D.

Originally posted by Susan
"It's not about mute points, it's about facts. The kiss in the POD video does not = premarital sex. End of story"

It's not a moot point with me, as I think any physical contact and even some verbal contacts outside of marriage are sinful, and I believe that even within marriage, the "activities of the flesh" are dangerously close to sin and for PROCREATION ONLY.
BOO for pod and shame on them for showing a kiss. That is evil. :(

And you also think D&D is evil and causes people to be possessed by demons.  Not exactly a baseline to be judging other people from, eh?

Upvote 0

Susan

退屈させた1 つ (bored one)
Feb 16, 2002
El Cajon, California, USA
Visit site
✟15,012.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
"And you also think D&D is evil and causes people to be possessed by demons"
No, I don't. If you had read my latest posts in the D&D and RPGs threads, you would see that I changed my opinion about RPGs (of all sorts) and anime.
I was decieved by Berit Kjos into believing legalism and lies disguised as "holiness." :(

Upvote 0
"And you also think D&D is evil and causes people to be possessed by demons"
No, I don't. If you had read my latest posts in the D&D and RPGs threads, you would see that I changed my opinion about RPGs (of all sorts) and anime.
I was decieved by Berit Kjos into believing legalism and lies disguised as "holiness." :(

Great, I'm glad you saw the truth.  :)

Now, can you see the truth that P.O.D. contains 100% Christian messages?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Caedmon

kawaii
Site Supporter
Dec 18, 2001
R'lyeh
✟49,383.00
Faith
Catholic
Politics
US-Others
Hmmm... well I don't know if I would use "procreation only", but I believe that a married couple should always be open to children. I don't believe in purposefully isolating physical intimacy or procreation. It's two sides of one coin, sort of like faith and works; you shouldn't have one without the other.

Upvote 0

Caedmon

kawaii
Site Supporter
Dec 18, 2001
R'lyeh
✟49,383.00
Faith
Catholic
Politics
US-Others
I don't know where it is exactly, i think it's more a principle than a verse. :)
And SOME people interpret Song of Solomon allegorically. . .:)

Well, even if you do interpret it allegorically, it still contains examples of physical intimacy that, in and of themselves, do not cause conception.

Your stature is like a palm tree, and your breasts are like its clusters. I said, 'I will climb the palm tree, I will take hold of its fruit stalks.' Oh, may your breasts be like clusters of the vine, and the fragrance of your breath like apples - Song of Solomon 7:7&8, NASB

Using such physical images to convey a love message is implicit advocation of those images. And honestly, I don't see how this specific passage could be interpreted allegorically.

This scripture mirrors/supports the passage:

As a loving hind and a graceful doe, let her breasts satisfy you at all times; be exhilarated always with her love. - Proverbs 5:19, NASB

But now, all this is not to say that you can't interpret Song of Solomon allegorically. Personally, I think it can be taken either way. But I don't think an allegorical reading can be used to justify "procreation only". Like I said in a previous post, both components should be present: procreation and physical/emotional intimacy.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Warrior4Jah

Conservative on a mission
Jun 26, 2002
Ohio!!!! YAY!
Visit site
✟692.00
Way to step up and represent, warriors. P.O.D. has been conveying the Word since day one, may no one say otherwise. ut first of all, rastafarian lyrics? lol, rastafarian is a religion, not a music genre, they dont have rasta-like lyrics. Oh, really, I can see where this is coming from? You went to the P.O.D. bashing site right? Where Babylon, Tribal, I and I, Jah, Zion, are evil rasta words! LOL! Second, I would like to make it perfectly clear that reggae is not a purely rasta genre. Reggae is a type of Jamaiccan "soul" music. Many Jamaiccans are of the rasta religion, so some reggae genre songs will have rastafarian belief in it, ut not all have to be that way! Its like saying hard rock is purely satanic music, and P.O.D. beats that down instintly.

Anyone wanna debate about P.O.D. and Rasta, plow on. Im more then prepared to counter anything.

Upvote 0

Caedmon

kawaii
Site Supporter
Dec 18, 2001
R'lyeh
✟49,383.00
Faith
Catholic
Politics
US-Others
The members of POD may not worship Haile Selassie(Ras Tafari) , but that does not change the fact that they use Rastafarian terminology in some of their lyrics. You cannot deny that the collective use of phrases such as "Jah", "Babylon","I and I", "Zion", "Tribal", and "bredren and sistren" is Rastafarian terminology.

Below are the six major concepts of Rastafarianism:

"(1) hatred for the White race; (2) the complete superiority of the Black race; (3) revenge on Whites for their wickedness; (4) the negation, persecution, and humiliation of the government and legal bodies of Jamaica; (5) preparation to go back to Africa; and (6) acknowledging Emperor Haile Selassie as the Supreme Being and only ruler of Black people" - The Rastafarians, 85

Personally, I would not want to be affiliated in any way with a religion that considers Haile Selassie to be God incarnate, and believes in the doctrines stated above.

I recommend that everyone visit this site for more info: Rastafarianism

Upvote 0