• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.

The Explosivly Popular P.O.D.

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Warrior4Jah, Jun 26, 2002.

1. Raging Atheist

Raging Atheist god told me he doesnt exist

+0
    you go susan... absolutely right... POD is leading an entire generation to hell...

In other news, the Catholic Church has announced that drinking tap water is a sin. From now on followers may only drink bottled Holy Water (tm), to be acquired through the church.

2. Chris†opher Paul

Chris†opher Paul Based on a True Story

+4

And you also think D&D is evil and causes people to be possessed by demons.  Not exactly a baseline to be judging other people from, eh?

3. Susan

Susan 退屈させた1 つ (bored one)

+120
    Non-Denom
    Single
    US-Democrat
    "And you also think D&D is evil and causes people to be possessed by demons"
    No, I don't. If you had read my latest posts in the D&D and RPGs threads, you would see that I changed my opinion about RPGs (of all sorts) and anime.
    I was decieved by Berit Kjos into believing legalism and lies disguised as "holiness." :(

4. PrinceJeff

PrinceJeff Well-Known Member

+0
    I would like scripture that says the act of marriage is strictly for procreation.....hearing none this matter is case closed. :)

5. Raging Atheist

+0
    Where does it say that sex is strictly for procreation?  I wanna see this passage... I have issues with it...

6. PrinceJeff

+0
    Exactly my point RA. There isn't one. :)

Just read Song of Solomon.

7. Susan

Susan 退屈させた1 つ (bored one)

+120
    Non-Denom
    Single
    US-Democrat
    I don't know where it is exactly, i think it's more a principle than a verse. :)
    And SOME people interpret Song of Solomon allegorically. . .:)

8. PrinceJeff

+0
    Well, fact is.....not just for procreation. End of story.

9. Chris†opher Paul

Chris†opher Paul Based on a True Story

+4
    Great, I'm glad you saw the truth.  :)

Now, can you see the truth that P.O.D. contains 100% Christian messages?

10. RavendusK

RavendusK New Member

+0
    yeah..its not my kinda music...too poppish

11. Caedmon

Caedmon kawaii Supporter

+538
    Catholic
    US-Others
    Hmmm... well I don't know if I would use "procreation only", but I believe that a married couple should always be open to children. I don't believe in purposefully isolating physical intimacy or procreation. It's two sides of one coin, sort of like faith and works; you shouldn't have one without the other.

12. Caedmon

Caedmon kawaii Supporter

+538
    Catholic
    US-Others
    Well, even if you do interpret it allegorically, it still contains examples of physical intimacy that, in and of themselves, do not cause conception.

Your stature is like a palm tree, and your breasts are like its clusters. I said, 'I will climb the palm tree, I will take hold of its fruit stalks.' Oh, may your breasts be like clusters of the vine, and the fragrance of your breath like apples - Song of Solomon 7:7&8, NASB

Using such physical images to convey a love message is implicit advocation of those images. And honestly, I don't see how this specific passage could be interpreted allegorically.

This scripture mirrors/supports the passage:

As a loving hind and a graceful doe, let her breasts satisfy you at all times; be exhilarated always with her love. - Proverbs 5:19, NASB

But now, all this is not to say that you can't interpret Song of Solomon allegorically. Personally, I think it can be taken either way. But I don't think an allegorical reading can be used to justify "procreation only". Like I said in a previous post, both components should be present: procreation and physical/emotional intimacy.

13. Warchant Warrior

Warchant Warrior Jah Jah Warrior

+0
    is this still going on??? But you know...I guess if the only thing that people can find about P.O.D. being evil is them having a guy and girl kiss, then they are doing a great job in my book of living for the Lord :D

14. Raging Atheist

+0
    I heard dreadlocks are evil too...

15. PrinceJeff

+0
    Oh yes don't forget being from San Diego. The Chargers' football team is an abomination! :D

16. Caedmon

Caedmon kawaii Supporter

+538
    Catholic
    US-Others
    The only problems I have with POD are: 1) They use a few rastafarian-reggae lyric devices, 2) every song is written in Dminor, and most of them sound the same.

Other than that, they're a cool band.

17. mac_philo

mac_philo Veteran

+4
    Atheist
    They're no Stryper.

18. Warrior4Jah

Warrior4Jah Conservative on a mission

+0
    Way to step up and represent, warriors. P.O.D. has been conveying the Word since day one, may no one say otherwise. ut first of all, rastafarian lyrics? lol, rastafarian is a religion, not a music genre, they dont have rasta-like lyrics. Oh, really, I can see where this is coming from? You went to the P.O.D. bashing site right? Where Babylon, Tribal, I and I, Jah, Zion, are evil rasta words! LOL! Second, I would like to make it perfectly clear that reggae is not a purely rasta genre. Reggae is a type of Jamaiccan "soul" music. Many Jamaiccans are of the rasta religion, so some reggae genre songs will have rastafarian belief in it, ut not all have to be that way! Its like saying hard rock is purely satanic music, and P.O.D. beats that down instintly.

Anyone wanna debate about P.O.D. and Rasta, plow on. Im more then prepared to counter anything.

19. Caedmon

Caedmon kawaii Supporter

+538
    Catholic
    US-Others
    The members of POD may not worship Haile Selassie(Ras Tafari) , but that does not change the fact that they use Rastafarian terminology in some of their lyrics. You cannot deny that the collective use of phrases such as "Jah", "Babylon","I and I", "Zion", "Tribal", and "bredren and sistren" is Rastafarian terminology.

Below are the six major concepts of Rastafarianism:

"(1) hatred for the White race; (2) the complete superiority of the Black race; (3) revenge on Whites for their wickedness; (4) the negation, persecution, and humiliation of the government and legal bodies of Jamaica; (5) preparation to go back to Africa; and (6) acknowledging Emperor Haile Selassie as the Supreme Being and only ruler of Black people" - The Rastafarians, 85

Personally, I would not want to be affiliated in any way with a religion that considers Haile Selassie to be God incarnate, and believes in the doctrines stated above.

I recommend that everyone visit this site for more info: Rastafarianism

20. PrinceJeff

+0
    But POD is still a pretty cool group.....:rolleyes: