The Explosivly Popular P.O.D.

I tend to agree with Behe's Boy, my hubby and i got the Sattelite CD and well we listened to it and yeah i like some of there songs, but man, not all of there songs sound very christian to me, some of them are a bit iffy, I know that you have to reach all kinds of different ppl but come on !!
And yeah when they say Jah, it sounds so very weird to me. I mean and like Creed ppl say they are a christian band, well they are not, the band even says that they are not christian, go to there website it tells you, and i mean there are ment to be some many christian bands out there that are in the secluar industry like Lifhouse, well the lead singer is christian but not the band. The list goes on and on.

You know we should just be focusing our eyes on Him and not trivial matters about who is and who isn't, we all live in a dying world that needs to be saved so WE all should be standing for RIGHTEOUSNESS, we all have different tastes in music i know!!

So God bless ya from here in the land down under :wave:

:clap: PRAISE HIS NAME ALL THE NATIONS :clap:

Upvote 0
its sad when people think an intimate kiss=pre-marital sex...dang that "I Kissed Dating Goodbye"

and really guys...if you can't see God in all their songs then you need to read the lyrics again...trust me...i went through the whole iffy stage after they went to atlantic and started doing secular movies, and then i sat down and really read the lyrics, and read their articles, and actually talked to them...and i see nothing in them that is iffy at all

I'll go through Satellite's list, just to please all of you (oh and drop the whole jah argument...you're not going to win anything with that...it's a word that the Jews used guys...really, it is...they aren't trying to hide God...they've said what it ment in articles...so please drop that whole crap cause its pointless)

1) Set It Off--this song is telling Christians to stand up and not be ashamed for what they believe in...it also talks about how people of the world throw insults and think its funny, but in reality its not in the least bit

2) Alive--this song is actually a true story about a friend of theirs (and mine) that got in a really bad car wreck and came out of it with a whole new outlook on life...it's really not a song about someone who got saved...its a person that sees God in a whole new light after an extreme tragedy, instead of cursing God and being [wash my mouth][wash my mouth][wash my mouth][wash my mouth]ed at the world

3) Boom--this songs talks about he never believed that he would be traveling around the world spreading the word....direct quotes "Commit my life to rebirth, well respected, ‘cause that’s my word" " Me and my crew, we stay true, old skool or new, Many were called, but the chosen are few"

4) Youth of the Nation--I can't remember the school name, but this song was written the day that their was a school shooting in Cali. It happened practically right down the street and they were devisated cause it was their own home town (the guitarist sister went to the school) so they went in and wrote this song about how rejected youth are in todays world because of how they look, act, and dress.....says that maybe they just needed to be loved instead of pushed away

5) Celestial--musical

6) Satellite--the word Satellite, is just a symbol for God...the whole song talks about God is always above us watching over us...he talks about how he can feel the love of God constantly around him. Direct quote "Because I won’t break (nah), and I won’t shake (nah) With lifted hands to this Man (Jah), I’ll stand in faith I’ll make it through, my trust in you Close my eyes, make a wish, kiss the sky Hey there…I see you"

7) Ridiculous--this song is talking about how all these other bands go around and all they sing about is evil this, sex that, i hate you...and they see it as stupid...just pointless stuff that feels peoples minds

8) Messenjah--just going to use a direct quote on this song " This I pledge, and I’ll take it to my death I’ll lay my life down for you and die over again
I and I, I’m not ashamed of the Most High Even if I die tonight, if I die tonight This I pledge, and I’ll take it to my death You can bet your life on my words and everything I said You can’t take away my love for this sacrifice Even if I die tonight, if I die tonight"

9) Guitarras de Amor-musical

10) Anything Right--this song is appropriate for this post...this songs talks about no matter what he does there are always people out there that thinks P.O.D. has sold out...there are always the "holy" people who look down on them and think they've strayed away from christianity

11) Ghetto--basically saying that he thinks that this world needs to get back to love instead of all the hate that is going around today (interesting fact..this album was released on Sept. 11th after it was pushed back from Aug. 28th...songs like Alive and Ghetto really helped me make it through that day...and i dont think this is streching things, but I really believe God had a reason behind moving it to that date)

12) Masterpiece Conspiracy--there are two different meanings behind this (both as basically the same)...one is the same as Anything Right...but some believe that it has to do with the Dove Awards...if no one knows...I'll tell the story...P.O.D. has always been the front runner of christian rock music...but they were never nominated for a Dove Award, while other, less hard, rock bands got nominated for best rock group, etc....and only when P.O.D. became big in the world's view to CCM try to accept them...so CCM nominated them for Artist of the Year and Group of the Year...that kinda got to P.O.D. (and would have me) if someone had accepted me, after 10 years of being together), only after I had made it big to the world...it just kind of seemed to everyone that they wanted to get on the P.O.D. band wagon while they could...anyways, P.O.D. didnt show up to the Dove's but instead they sent a guy named Chris Diaz who is one of their good friends...well P.O.D., having the second most nominations only to Third Day, left with one award, best Music Video...but the Dove's didn't like the fact that P.O.D. didn't show up so they took the award away from them and gave it to someone else.....this is what I believe Masterpiece Conspiracy is really about

13) Without Jah Nothing--just to clear it up, again, for all you skeptics---"Jah", which can be found in the King James Version in the bible in Psalms 68:4, is actually a transliteration of the Hebrew word Yah. It is simply a shortened form of the Hebrew word Yahweh which the KJV four times transliterates as "Jehovah" and elsewhere translates it as "the Lord".

14) Thinking About Forever--this is a song about his mother, who died of Cancer...the story behind his mother is an awesome story...she told Sonny that she would not die until she knew that she was going to see her in heaven...while on her death bed, Sonny went out to the hospital parking lot and prayed and asked Jesus to come into his heart...he walked back inside and whispered into her ear that everything was going to be ok...at that same moment she died

15) Portrait--lyrics are already posted in another thread...don't think i need to re-do it again

Upvote 0

nyj

Goodbye, my puppy
Feb 5, 2002
USA
Visit site
✟39,228.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Originally posted by Behe's Boy
If you can't see it - then you must be blind.

If you are going to write/play a song about being "born again" why do a video to it - that has nothing to do with the main topic? That is the real issue anyway.

Behe,

Who's the blind one here? The video IS about being "born again". When he's hit by the bus the video goes through a "flash back mode" where he looks back on his day prior to the accident. Throughout this whole period we see he's living for himself... basically goofing off and not doing much of anything productive. So is the kiss suggestive of more? Yes it is. Is he a Christian at this point? No, he is not.

Then the bus hits him.

And he gets a second chance at life as he crawls out of the car at the very end of the video. He's now 'born again'. Given a second chance at life, like all Christians are when they leave the wreck that is their life and accept Jesus into their life.

Pretty obvious when you actually expend some brain power looking at the meaning of the video and not insulting other posters.

-NYJ

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Susan

退屈させた1 つ (bored one)
Feb 16, 2002
El Cajon, California, USA
Visit site
✟15,012.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
"It's not about mute points, it's about facts. The kiss in the POD video does not = premarital sex. End of story"

It's not a moot point with me, as I think any physical contact and even some verbal contacts outside of marriage are sinful, and I believe that even within marriage, the "activities of the flesh" are dangerously close to sin and for PROCREATION ONLY.
BOO for pod and shame on them for showing a kiss. That is evil. :(

Upvote 0

nyj

Goodbye, my puppy
Feb 5, 2002
USA
Visit site
✟39,228.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Originally posted by Susan
It's not a moot point with me, as I think any physical contact and even some verbal contacts outside of marriage are sinful, and I believe that even within marriage, the "activities of the flesh" are dangerously close to sin and for PROCREATION ONLY.
BOO for pod and shame on them for showing a kiss. That is evil. :(

Well, I think we both have different viewpoints on this issue, because I do not feel the way you do as it pertains to "activities of the flesh" being for "procreation only".  Rather, I think it is very important for couples to build a strong foundation for their own support and for the eventual support of their entire family.  A husband and wife should build this foundation emotionally, spiritually and yes, physically.

With that said, the kiss on POD was indicative of a pre-saved individual.  That is what the entire song is about.

Upvote 0