Visit site
✟13,302.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The av1611 site also states drums are of the devil and has many unbiblical articles on it. Most if not all articles I seen have hate as motivation for their writing. There may be some truth in some of their articles but at the same time many rumors that have been proven to be false have never been corrected by them and they keep saying things are evil when they have no scripture to back it up. So take that site with a grain of salt.

Upvote 0

Susan

退屈させた1 つ (bored one)
Feb 16, 2002
El Cajon, California, USA
Visit site
✟15,012.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I have taken a vow of absolute celibacy, as I feel that is God's command for us as Christians in this evil time. I believe that *rock* music (I hate to even use that word as it means fornication) is directly against what we should aspire to as Christians.

It is absolutely wrong to sing about or even play the music that suggests immorality. . .

Say no to lusts of the flesh.

Upvote 0

Susan

退屈させた1 つ (bored one)
Feb 16, 2002
El Cajon, California, USA
Visit site
✟15,012.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
And yes, I realize that I am not sinless in this matter.
yes, before you bring it up as an ad hominem, I DID flirt with someone here and I WILL tell anyone who it was if they PM me.
But now I have taken an absolute vow of celibacy to the extent of not even looking at or smiling at a man.
Please do accept that someone can change, even slime like me. :(

Upvote 0

supermagdalena

The Shrubs and the Flan.
Jan 27, 2002
Suburbia, USA
Visit site
✟2,068.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Susan, why are you convinced?  By this article?  If you're that easily convinced by this aricle, you had it out for them in  the begining.

This article is filled with stupid assumptions.  I'll post a few.
<BLOCKQUOTE>Apparently, P.O.D. also does not believe in hell:
<BLOCKQUOTE><B>"It’s not you’re going to burn in hell</B>. It’s love and respect."
Marcos, P.O.D.
(Guitar Legends, No. 37, p.28)
<BLOCKQUOTE>"We’re not passing out pamphlets that say ‘get your life straight <B>or you’re gonna burn in hell</B>.’ The Bible says it’s God love and kindness that leads people to repentance."
Sonny, P.O.D.
(Guitar World, Oct 2000, p. 78)

Clearly they're not saying they don't believe in Hell, they're saying that if they attack these bands and people screaming, "REPENT OR BURN!" it ain't gonna work.&nbsp; Which is true.&nbsp; Ever tried this?&nbsp; It's not going to work.

Let’s get something straight! – MR. SONNY – the Lord Jesus Christ was NOT A REBEL!

Then why did they kill Him again? :rolleyes:

And then there's the crap about calling Jesus by the name Jesus all the time or you're not a real Christian.&nbsp; Which I'm not even going to start in on.

Man, this guy has a lot of extra time, doesn't he?

Upvote 0

Caedmon

kawaii
Supporter
Dec 18, 2001
R'lyeh
✟49,383.00
Faith
Catholic
Politics
US-Others
Originally posted by Susan
Good article, RA. -^.^-

Susan, this article has countless examples of taking things out of context and outright deception. Not to mention that the site is a KJV Onlyist cultic creation. I can't believe that you would take any creedence in it whatsoever, especially considering your recent avowal to avoid Christian sensationalists like Berit Kjos and Jack Chick.

What really makes me :mad: is that cultists like these pose as Christians.

It's one thing to be non-Christian and to present false ideas and to be in a cult. I feel only sympathy for those who are in that miserable place, and I pray that they will come to know Jesus.

So they're not Christians? I didn't know you were allowed to make salvific judgment. :confused:

I have no sympathy for evil wolves like pod.
I fear for their very souls.

Which one is it Susan? :confused:

And this time, I would appreciate responses to my questions, not evasive emoticons.

Upvote 0

coolhandluke

*a princess*
Jun 26, 2002
Arkansas
Visit site
✟8,509.00
Faith
Calvinist
Do you know the members of POD? Have you ever even met them and spent a relatively lengthy amount of time with them? If you haven't, I don't really see how you can begin making judgements on them. They're music is very Christ-based. If you can't see their love of God within their lyrics, you're obviously either not looking at them, or you don't want to see it (and even then I can't see how you could deny that most of their lyrics are very blatantly Christ-based). I do have a few friends that have hung out with the guys in POD on several occassions, for long enough to have pretty lengthy conversations with them, especially Sonny. They were blown away by his love of God. Apparently it just seemed to really envelop everything about him, and really shine. Their opinions mean a lot more to me than some people that have something against all rock music, and are just out their to make judgements on everybody that doesn't look exactly what they deem a good Christian, or don't share their viewpoints on every single issue. And I don't see the problem with rock music. Some of my friends are/were in a hardcore emo band, which I'm sure you would deem unGodly music, yet they're the strongest Christians I know. And oh my God, they've played shows with secular bands, and bands with non-Christian members. This doesn't somehow affect their salvation, or how strong their relationship with Christ is. They've affected so many people with their music, and with their love of Christ that is so obvious when you spend even a very short amount of time with them. Rock music can be just as worshipful as the hymns you sing at church. More so to many people (me being one of those people). Anyway...I don't even like POD very much. I don't think they're that talented. And I'm unsure of whether or not I would even really respect them as Christians that much. But...from what I've seen, they do very much love God, and I hate to see people get down on their brothers and sisters in Christ like that, just because they want to judge them and make themselves feel better by thinking their somehow superior to them. They're out their witnessing to thousands of kids at every show. They're letting people see that all Christians are not going to judge them just because they have tattoos and blue hair. They're out there doing what Christ has called us to do: love one another.

"BTW the only place I've ever talked to a non-Christian is online."

You're joking right? I'm not trying to be rude, but I just don't see how this is possible. Are you purposefully closing yourself off from people that you deem unholy, or are you living in a whole in the ground! j/k. :) But...I still don't get how this is possible.

-katie

Upvote 0

Caedmon

kawaii
Supporter
Dec 18, 2001
R'lyeh
✟49,383.00
Faith
Catholic
Politics
US-Others
Originally posted by Susan
I have taken a vow of absolute celibacy, as I feel that is God's command for us as Christians in this evil time. I believe that *rock* music (I hate to even use that word as it means fornication) is directly against what we should aspire to as Christians.

Yes, "rock and roll" is a term coined by african americans in the early 20th century, referring to sexual activity. If you don't want to listen to rock because that tempts you, then that's fine. But it no longer holds that strict meaning in contemporary culture. Rock is merely the name of a music genre.

It is absolutely wrong to sing about or even play the music that suggests immorality. . .

And now you can show me where POD "sing about or even play the music that suggests immorality".

Say no to lusts of the flesh.

I couldn't agree with you more.

Upvote 0

Caedmon

kawaii
Supporter
Dec 18, 2001
R'lyeh
✟49,383.00
Faith
Catholic
Politics
US-Others
Originally posted by coolhandluke
"BTW the only place I've ever talked to a non-Christian is online."

You're joking right? I'm not trying to be rude, but I just don't see how this is possible. Are you purposefully closing yourself off from people that you deem unholy, or are you living in a whole in the ground! j/k. :) But...I still don't get how this is possible.

That's hard for me to believe too. But if you never interact with nonChristians on a face-to-face basis, you're not imitating Christ. Christ talked with, ate with, and made friends with nonChristians, including prostitutes and shady tax collectors.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

supermagdalena

The Shrubs and the Flan.
Jan 27, 2002
Suburbia, USA
Visit site
✟2,068.00
Faith
Non-Denom
I'm sorry if I sound harsh, but if you've only talked to nonChristians online, you're failing as a Christian.&nbsp; We're supposed to plant seeds and tell everone the Good News, and as I said, you can't do this while avoiding the lost like the Black Plague.&nbsp; And I hate to be the one to burst your bubble, but they're no worse than you.&nbsp; You are just as horrible as them, it's not like being lost is contagious.&nbsp; But it's definitely curable.&nbsp; If all of the Christians at my school had treated me as quarantined, guess what?&nbsp; I would still be in the dark.&nbsp; As Christians we are supposed to love everyone as Christ does instead of radiating holier-than-thou-ness.&nbsp; You think Christ is happy with you isolating yourself to your "holiness"?&nbsp; You are not holy.&nbsp; Christ and God are holy.&nbsp; Not another soul is.

Upvote 0

Reckless Abandon

(Enter Title Here)
Jun 24, 2002
✟160.00
I don't get it. Why do you still not see...

"You were recently criticized by Christian radio talk-show host Dr. Dobson for forsaking your religious beliefs by touring with Ozzfest and Korn".

WUV: We respect the man, but he never had a conversation with us. Just because P.O.D. are a spiritual band doesn’t mean we adhere to any one religion, and all kinds of people want to use us as a symbol for their thing. There’s a thousand different definitions of what a Christian is, but we don’t feel like there are any lines."
(Rolling Stone, Dec. 14-21, 2000, p. 102)

There is only ONE way to the Father!

"Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.
John 14:6"

Does P.O.D. even KNOW what a Christian is?

-

If this right here doesn't tell you that they are not christian, I don't know what will...

Movieline asks P.O.D. "are you a Christian band" – look at their confusing answer?

Q: Are you or are you not a Christian band?
A: POD:&nbsp;We’re not, but we do believe in Jesus.

(www.movieline.com, 11.00.1999)

What exactly do these guys "believe" about Jesus?

-

P.O.D. supports Bob Marley. A "friend" of the devil...

‘The Devil come and me shake hands with the Devil! Devil have his part to play. Devil’s a good friend too…"
Bob Marley
(Stephen Davis, Bob Marley, p. 148)

If you go to the website I gave earlier, you can see Sonny wearing a Bob marley shirt.

"If you listen to old school reggae music and Marley himself, 95 percent of his lyrics are scripture, straight from the bible, the word of God. I used to listen to reggae music and it made me a peaceful person. . . when I identified with a music, it was reggae music. We definitely respect that culture."
Sonny Scandoval, POD singer

So now it's ok to support people who are friends with the devil? I don't think so!

-

The devil-inspired, Carlos Santana is a "great inspiration" to P.O.D.

"I would have to say a major influence for me growing up would be Carlos Santana. . . he was a great inspiration to me. . . I grew up on - "Black Magic Woman" and all that other stuff - is what really moved me."
Marcos, P.O.D.
(Interview with Guitar One, www.angelfire.com/rock/PODoutkast)

The Bible says be in the world and not of it. This is definately not being out of the things of this world.

-

Not surprising, Traa admits to MTV, they "don’t even go to church", and they "pick up the Bible when they have time"

"We didn’t even go to church, you know what I mean? We found God in our hearts and in our lives, period. We pick up the Bible when we have time, we read it, and what God does in our life, that’s what he does."
Traa, P.O.D.
(http://www.mtv.com/nav/bandframeset.jhtml?bandmenu1=&amp;bandmenu2=&amp;bandmenu3=pod)

The bible is one of the most important parts of your life as a christian. It should be one of your first priorities, not what you read when you have time!

"’You know how many people over the years have come ‘in the name of Jesus’ and organized religion, that people look at it and go, ‘Man, if that’s what knowin’ Jesus is about, I don’t want any part of it.’ And I don’t blame ‘em."
Sonny, P.O.D.
(www.slammsd.com/back_issues/132_042600/cover.story.html)

Why always paint a NEGATIVE picture of Christianity? Why not mention the thousands of people’s lives put back together because of 'the name of Jesus and organized religion'? What about the thousands and thousands of drug addicts, drunkards, satanists, prostitutes, broken homes, abused children, people without any hope, whose lives were "born again" because of the wonderful name of Jesus Christ and organized religion? What about all the live-changing revivals of Billy Sunday, Dwight L. Moody, Spurgeon, Torrey, and Billy Graham that came in the name of Jesus and organized religion? How about all the thousands of hospitals, rescue missions and churches that were built in the name of Jesus and organized religion? How about all the thousands of missionaries who literally gave their lives to bring the wonderful gospel of Jesus Christ to people without any hope?

What about some of those people?

Wake up!

P.O.D. IS NOT A CHRISTIAN BAND!

&nbsp;

Upvote 0

supermagdalena

The Shrubs and the Flan.
Jan 27, 2002
Suburbia, USA
Visit site
✟2,068.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Sorry.&nbsp; I should've done this in my last post.

From Jesus' mouth:

"The Jesus came to themn and said, "All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me.&nbsp; Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey eveything I have commanded you.&nbsp; And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age."

Are you obeying this by not communicatoing with NonChristians?

Upvote 0

Caedmon

kawaii
Supporter
Dec 18, 2001
R'lyeh
✟49,383.00
Faith
Catholic
Politics
US-Others
"You were recently criticized by Christian radio talk-show host Dr. Dobson for forsaking your religious beliefs by touring with Ozzfest and Korn".

WUV: We respect the man, but he never had a conversation with us. Just because P.O.D. are a spiritual band doesn’t mean we adhere to any one religion, and all kinds of people want to use us as a symbol for their thing. There’s a thousand different definitions of what a Christian is, but we don’t feel like there are any lines."
(Rolling Stone, Dec. 14-21, 2000, p. 102)

What Wuv is saying, is that he doesn't believe Christians should go off and sit in their own little camps seperated from each other. When he says "Just because P.O.D. are a spiritual band doesn’t mean we adhere to any one religion" he is referring to "denomination" as "religion", because in the very next statement, he says "There’s a thousand different definitions of what a Christian is, but we don’t feel like there are any lines."

Evidently, you don't think that anyone other than your denomination/group/church/whatever is a Christian.

Q: Are you or are you not a Christian band?
A: POD: We’re not, but we do believe in Jesus.

(www.movieline.com, 11.00.1999)

Just because they're not a Christian band doesn't mean they're not Christians, and does not restrict them from writing and performing Christ-inspired songs.

"I would have to say a major influence for me growing up would be Carlos Santana. . . he was a great inspiration to me. . . I grew up on - "Black Magic Woman" and all that other stuff - is what really moved me."
Marcos, P.O.D.

The Bible says be in the world and not of it. This is definately not being out of the things of this world.

Uh oh, I just listened to "Oye Como Va". I'm going to HELL!!! AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!! :eek:

P.O.D. supports Bob Marley. A "friend" of the devil...

‘The Devil come and me shake hands with the Devil! Devil have his part to play. Devil’s a good friend too…"
Bob Marley
(Stephen Davis, Bob Marley, p. 148)

If you go to the website I gave earlier, you can see Sonny wearing a Bob marley shirt.

"If you listen to old school reggae music and Marley himself, 95 percent of his lyrics are scripture, straight from the bible, the word of God. I used to listen to reggae music and it made me a peaceful person. . . when I identified with a music, it was reggae music. We definitely respect that culture."
Sonny Scandoval, POD singer

So now it's ok to support people who are friends with the devil? I don't think so!

Sonny respects Bob Marley's peaceful musical style. And BTW, Sonny said 95% not 100%.

The devil-inspired, Carlos Santana is a "great inspiration" to P.O.D.

Marcos, P.O.D.

And, of course, Carlos Santana being "devil-inspired" is opinion.

"The Bible says be in the world and not of it. This is definately not being out of the things of this world."

Well, you can't accuse this post of being dogmatic, can you?

"We didn’t even go to church, you know what I mean? We found God in our hearts and in our lives, period. We pick up the Bible when we have time, we read it, and what God does in our life, that’s what he does."
Traa, P.O.D.
(http://www.mtv.com/nav/bandframeset...p;bandmenu3=pod)

The bible is one of the most important parts of your life as a christian. It should be one of your first priorities, not what you read when you have time!

The Eunuch didn't have to go to a worship service to get saved.

And you know what? I just can't seem to master the art of studying the Bible simultaneously while I'm: playing music, eating pizza, taking a shower, doing my schoolwork, playing basketball with Christian friends, clipping my toenails...

I must not be a very good Christian.

"’You know how many people over the years have come ‘in the name of Jesus’ and organized religion, that people look at it and go, ‘Man, if that’s what knowin’ Jesus is about, I don’t want any part of it.’ And I don’t blame ‘em."
Sonny, P.O.D.
(www.slammsd.com/back_issues/132_042600/cover.story.html)

Why always paint a NEGATIVE picture of Christianity? Why not mention the thousands of people’s lives put back together because of 'the name of Jesus and organized religion'? What about the thousands and thousands of drug addicts, drunkards, satanists, prostitutes, broken homes, abused children, people without any hope, whose lives were "born again" because of the wonderful name of Jesus Christ and organized religion? What about all the live-changing revivals of Billy Sunday, Dwight L. Moody, Spurgeon, Torrey, and Billy Graham that came in the name of Jesus and organized religion? How about all the thousands of hospitals, rescue missions and churches that were built in the name of Jesus and organized religion? How about all the thousands of missionaries who literally gave their lives to bring the wonderful gospel of Jesus Christ to people without any hope?

Sonny is talking about those Christians that scream at passers-by saying things like, "Get saved or you're going to HELL!!!" He says that he understands why such tactics are not effective evangelism techniques.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.