• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.

Featured The Double Message of Eternal Security.

Discussion in 'Controversial Christian Theology' started by Bible Highlighter, Jun 23, 2017.

1. stuart lawrence

stuart lawrence Well-Known Member

+1,582
    Christian
    Single
    You can't be under law if it all got abolished!

Has the TC/ moral law been abolished?
    If you don't answer I will assume you don't know

2. Dan61861

Dan61861 7 days without God, makes one weak.

+358
    Baptist
    Married
    US-Others
    Right, Paul did not have a righteousness of His own...He has the righteousness of Christ.

In Christ
    Daniel

3. stuart lawrence

+1,582
    Christian
    Single
    Well if gal5:18 only refers to Torah, not the moral law, that's no problem is it, that law could be faultlessly obeyed

4. Dan61861

+358
    Baptist
    Married
    US-Others
    We are not under the Law. The Cross has ended the Law. All of it/

In Christ
    Daniel

5. stuart lawrence

+1,582
    Christian
    Single
    Would you agree:

Christ is the end of the law, UNTO RIGHTEOUSNESS( not full stop) for everyone who believeth rom10:4

The law itself has not been abolished, it has been transferred from tablets of stone to tablets of human hearts(2cor3:3)
    But the Christian is not under the law unto righteousness, for Christ is their righteousness before God

6. Dan61861

+358
    Baptist
    Married
    US-Others
    This just isn't true, Jason you have selective reading.

James 2:9 But if ye have respect to persons, ye commit sin, and are convinced of the law as transgressors. 10 For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all. James 2:11 For he that said, Do not commit adultery, said also, Do not kill. Now if thou commit no adultery, yet if thou kill, thou art become a transgressor of the law.

James says it, He than turns around and quotes the Ten Commandments. James was talking about the whole Law.

In Christ
    Daniel

7. Dan61861

+358
    Baptist
    Married
    US-Others
    I have no problem at all. Christ is our righteousness. If we Love, we fulfill the Law. Like I said earlier, I don't sleep around on my wife because I shall not. I don't sleep around on my wife because I love her.

In Christ
    Daniel

8. JLB777

JLB777 Newbie Supporter

+1,147
    Non-Denom
    Married

The law being referred to in Galatians 5:18 is the law of Moses.

That is the context.

The works of the law refers to the law of Moses.

Paul warned these people not to be influenced by those Jews who came there to preach another Gospel, which required them to take up the law of Moses.

Stand fast therefore in the liberty by which Christ has made us free,and do not be entangled again with a yoke of bondage. 2 Indeed I, Paul, say to you that if you become circumcised, Christ will profit you nothing. 3 And I testify again to every man who becomes circumcised that he is a debtor to keep the whole law. 4 You have become estranged from Christ, you who attempt to be justified by law; you have fallen from grace. 5 For we through the Spirit eagerly wait for the hope of righteousness by faith. 6 For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision nor uncircumcision avails anything, but faith working through love.

7 You ran well. Who hindered you from obeying the truth? 8 This persuasion does not come from Him who calls you. 9 A little leaven leavens the whole lump. 10 I have confidence in you, in the Lord, that you will have no other mind; but he who troubles you shall bear his judgment, whoever he is.

11 And I, brethren, if I still preach circumcision, why do I still suffer persecution? Then the offense of the cross has ceased. 12 I could wish that those who trouble you would even cut themselves off!

13 For you, brethren, have been called to liberty; only do not use liberty as an opportunity for the flesh, but through love serve one another. 14 For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this: “You shall love your neighbor as yourself.” 15 But if you bite and devour one another, beware lest you be consumed by one another!

16 I say then: Walk in the Spirit, and you shall not fulfill the lust of the flesh. 17 For the flesh lusts against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh; and these are contrary to one another, so that you do not do the things that you wish. 18 But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under the law.
    Galatians 5:1-18

The law is a reference to the law of Moses, which includes circumcision.

JLB

9. stuart lawrence

+1,582
    Christian
    Single
    If gal5:18 refers to Torah, but not the moral law, there's no problem being under it. For that law could be faultlessly obeyed by people who did not even love God

10. JLB777

JLB777 Newbie Supporter

+1,147
    Non-Denom
    Married
    The Torah [Law] is a reference to the first 5 books of the Bible, which include Genesis.

The law of Moses, began in Exodus.

JLB

11. Dan61861

+358
    Baptist
    Married
    US-Others
    No one denies that you should put your flesh under subjection. As Christians we all do this. In no way do we call it righteousness though, as Christians our life is in Christ's righteousness.

In Christ
    Daniel

12. JLB777

JLB777 Newbie Supporter

+1,147
    Non-Denom
    Married
    Please share with us the scripture you are referring to.

Thanks JLB

13. stuart lawrence

+1,582
    Christian
    Single
    Does gal5:18 include reference to the moral law/ TC?

14. Dan61861

+358
    Baptist
    Married
    US-Others
    But I keep under my body, and bring it into subjection: lest that by any means, when I have preached to others, I myself should be a castaway.

15. Bible Highlighter

Bible Highlighter Law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul. Supporter

+6,719
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    To everyone who believes in what?
    A mental picture of Jesus?
    For if you believe in a Jesus that told you to jump off a bridge, that would be another Jesus. In other words, if you believe in the Jesus of the Bible, you also have to believe everything He commands of us, too. If not, your creating another Jesus of your own imagination that is not in Scripture.

16. Bible Highlighter

Bible Highlighter Law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul. Supporter

+6,719
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    So you believe you can be cast away spiritually because of sin?

17. stuart lawrence

+1,582
    Christian
    Single
    Jason you don't understand this subject, your posts prove that

18. Dan61861

+358
    Baptist
    Married
    US-Others
    Therefore, as (Adam) one trespass led to condemnation for all men, so (Christ) one act of righteousness leads to justification and life for all men. For as by the one (Adam) man’s disobedience the many were made sinners, so by the one (Christ) man’s obedience the many will be made righteous.

19. JLB777

JLB777 Newbie Supporter

+1,147
    Non-Denom
    Married
    Excellent scripture.

Paul himself, taught us that even he could become lost, if he didn't keep his flesh under the dominion of the Spirit.

However, the scripture I was asking for, was one in reference to this statement you made:

JLB

20. Dan61861

+358
    Baptist
    Married
    US-Others
    Not as Long as I hold to the faith. What God has begun in me, He will finish.