the Covid Vaccine and the Christian thing to do

Bobber

Feb 10, 2004
✟217,110.00
Faith
Non-Denom
The new study showed that protection against transmission seemed to wane over time, however. After three months, people who had breakthrough infections after being vaccinated with AstraZeneca were just as likely to spread the delta variant as the unvaccinated. While protection against transmission decreased in people who had received the Pfizer vaccine, there was still a benefit when compared with people who were unvaccinated.

So, while vaccines help you a lot with prevention of contracting the disease and with the symptoms if you catch it. It certainly is not the protection people thought.

Being unvaccinated you are more of a danger to other unvaccinated people. So get vaccinated to protect yourself. It doesn't really protect others.
New Data on COVID-19 Transmission by Vaccinated Individuals | Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health

I'm trying to find info of how many moderna shots have been given, recent numbers . You've mentioned the benefit of the Pfizer vaccine and not Moderna. We've been booked first shot to have moderna in numbers of days and in doing research can't even find current numbers of how many have taken it. And are you saying Pfizer is better than Moderna?

Upvote 0

Miles

Student of Life
Mar 6, 2005
USA
✟382,821.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Family is a concern. I have elderly parents who live in a retirement community. Also, there have been a number of recent marriages in my extended family. We're doing what we can to reduce the risks of inadvertently harming each other. If we can help prevent a death, and reduce the odds of severe illness, then it's worth it. We're all Christians, at least as far as I'm aware, and even the most vociferous Trump supporters among us were glad to be vaccinated.

It isn't a stretch to then extend this courtesy beyond my immediate family to humanity in general. Vaccines, along with vaccine requirements for school, work, travel, etc. are nothing new. The technology may differ, but the same principles apply. For a vaccine to work, most people need to be vaccinated. I don't particularly care for them, and often opted out of flu shots and whatnot, but under such dire circumstances it strikes me as the right thing to do. My personal ethics generally equates the right thing to do with the Christian thing to do, but clearly people have opposing opinions about being vaccinated.

Maybe it makes a difference to have specifically prayed for a vaccine. Something to help us get the pandemic under control and prevent needless deaths. As far as I'm concerned, the Covid-19 vaccines are an answer to prayer.

• Friendly
Reactions: Job 33:6
Upvote 0

Job 33:6

Jun 15, 2017
Hartford, Connecticut
✟296,581.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
A. We can agree in this. That's why I said if you're don't want to get it, get vaccinated. I didn't like the risks unvolved of not being vaccinated and got the shots.
But I am not going demand that everyone else do it too. If you are concerned protect yourself. Don't demand I protect you by getting vaccinated. You don't need me to be vaccinated if you can be.

B. There are studies that counter this. That being vaccinated does not prevent transmission or even lessen it.

The Big Question: If COVID vax doesn't stop the spread, why do we need vax mandates?

The new study showed that protection against transmission seemed to wane over time, however. After three months, people who had breakthrough infections after being vaccinated with AstraZeneca were just as likely to spread the delta variant as the unvaccinated. While protection against transmission decreased in people who had received the Pfizer vaccine, there was still a benefit when compared with people who were unvaccinated.

So, while vaccines help you a lot with prevention of contracting the disease and with the symptoms if you catch it. It certainly is not the protection people thought.

Being unvaccinated you are more of a danger to other unvaccinated people. So get vaccinated to protect yourself. It doesn't really protect others.
New Data on COVID-19 Transmission by Vaccinated Individuals | Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health

Your own Johns Hopkins link clearly says that viral loads diminish faster in the vaccinated, it says "though in the vaccinated, these levels rapidly diminish", meaning that you're less likely to spread the virus if you're vaccinated. Also, obviously the vaccinated are less likely to get the virus to begin with, which your link to John's Hopkins also clearly states. Vaccination efficacy at preventing people from getting covid fall between 60-80%.

So:
A. Vaccinated are less likely to get the virus and thus less likely to spread it and;
B. Vaccinated beat the virus faster with quickly diminishing viral loads and thus are less likely to spread it.

And that's why getting vaccinated protects others.

Upvote 0