portland
✟16,092.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Despite ones concern about the safety or their rights being violated regarding getting the vaccine, isn't getting the vaccine more Christ centric. Jesus gave up his rights for us. Shouldn't we give up our rights and our freedom for the benefit of others? It seems we would be in a bit of trouble if Christ was overly concerned about his own safety and rights. (I'm not interested in the "this is not a serious disease" or "the vaccine is more dangerous than the disease itself" as these are topics for another debate.

Sabertooth

Repartee Animal: Quipping the Saints!
Site Supporter
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟961,089.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Despite ones concern about the safety or their rights being violated regarding getting the vaccine, isn't getting the vaccine more Christ centric.
I appreciate modern medicine, including most vaccines, but to deify them is idolatry.

Getting a vaccine (or any other medicine, for that matter) in the interest of public good is only worthwhile if you believe that they will accomplish said public good.

(Bandwagon is really wearing thin.)

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,099,388.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Getting a vaccine (or any other medicine, for that matter) in the interest of public good is only worthwhile if you believe that they will accomplish said public good.

In this case that doesn't appear to be possible.

Oxford scientists claim that herd immunity to COVID-19 is unattainable

In fact it would seem that, as those who are vaccinated tend to show fewer, if any, symptoms as they are infected with the disease; it would appear that they are more likely to unknowingly spread it. This opens up the possibility for more mutations. How does this affect those in the poorer countries who have less access to vaccines? For example, on the entire continent of Africa, less than 2% of the population has been vaccinated.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,099,388.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
"the vaccine is more dangerous than the disease itself" as these are topics for another debate.

I reference to post #3, consideration of this possibility appears to be quite relevant to this discussion.

Is it the example of Messiah to protect one's self in a way that jeopardizes those who aren't as capable of defending themselves?

Upvote 0

SeventhFisherofMen

You cannot fool Jesus
Christian Forums Staff
Red Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Jan 9, 2013
CA
✟401,080.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Separated
Politics
US-Republican
Despite ones concern about the safety...regarding getting the vaccine, isn't getting the vaccine more Christ centric...
To say taking a medication is something that Christ would do is only really known by Christ. And that is something no one can say unless Jesus told them.

To say "despite ones concern about safety" I really don't know how to respond to that. The Covid vaccine is a huge topic for debate and I know despite getting it myself I feel it should still be someone's choice. If you get the vaccine because you believe it protects you then fine, if you don't get it because you believe that protects you then fine as well. The vaccine protects those who get it if it does what it's supposed to do. If someone gets covid because they didn't get the vaccine I'm not sure what to say other than that was their choice and we should respect it. Belittling someone or telling them they are dumb or deserved to get sick because they chose not to is not Christ like.

It is a huge topic for debate where people end up attacking the other side and I really don't think Jesus, no matter what side He would take, would attack the other side.

Upvote 0

dqhall

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2015
Florida
Visit site
✟766,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Despite ones concern about the safety or their rights being violated regarding getting the vaccine, isn't getting the vaccine more Christ centric. Jesus gave up his rights for us. Shouldn't we give up our rights and our freedom for the benefit of others? It seems we would be in a bit of trouble if Christ was overly concerned about his own safety and rights. (I'm not interested in the "this is not a serious disease" or "the vaccine is more dangerous than the disease itself" as these are topics for another debate.
97% of COVID hospitalizations and deaths are from unvaccinated people. Operation Warp Speed brought us hope. I do not have to worry as much after being vaccinated twice with the Moderna vaccine.

The enemy spread misinformation about vaccine toxicity.

Reactions: dapa37
Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,099,388.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
97% of COVID hospitalizations and deaths are from unvaccinated people.

Data: Most in new surge of Israel’s Covid cases were vaccinated

d41586-021-00728-2_18978588.jpg

Five reasons why COVID herd immunity is probably impossible

• Informative
Reactions: Danthemailman
Upvote 0

mindfulzen

Aug 4, 2021
south
✟6,349.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Jesus would only ask, it would be each persons choice. Nobody fails God by taking it or not, but fails by begging for authoritarianism and force people to take it. Which is the biggest reason for people who refuse it. And people might not blindly have faith in officials who have been caught in lie after lie, and keep moving the goalposts. Christians are told to not follow liars. And pointing to some as if they are God, is idolotry.

Upvote 0

mindfulzen

Aug 4, 2021
south
✟6,349.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Studies and statistics shows that vaccines have saved lots of lives already.
Why is not a christian thing to do?
What studies and statistics? First of all, apart from Israel nobody has come close to herdimmunity, so no studies. Secondly you cannot study it. Cannot get number of infections avoided, it is an unknown.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

NBB

Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2013
Uruguay
✟454,217.00
Country
Uruguay
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
What studies and statistics? First of all, apart from Israel nobody has come close to herdimmunity, so no studies. Secondly you cannot study it. Cannot get number of infections avoided, it is an unknown.

There were studies/statistics comparing how many people were hospitalized, died etc, before and after vaccine campaigns.

This is not a study, but here large percent of the pop. got vaccinated AND:
uruguay covid statistics - Google Search

Just look how new cases and deaths decreased.

• Informative
Reactions: Pioneer3mm
Upvote 0

DaDaBrothers

Aug 11, 2021
Corroios
✟4,417.00
Country
Portugal
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Matthew 8:2-3
2 And, behold, there came a leper and worshipped him, saying, Lord, if thou wilt, thou canst make me clean.
3 And Jesus put forth his hand, and touched him, saying, I will; be thou clean. And immediately his leprosy was cleansed.

Leprosy, a contagious disease worse than cov, Jesus touched him, and cleaned him immediatly.
Follow Jesus, the blood of Jesus cures all illness and ailments and everything, take the blood of Jesus get healed immediatly.
Now the world that does not believe neither seen Him, would say: don't touch him, stay away from the leper, wear a mask, and perform blood treatment.
A friend of the world is an enemy of God, don't think the world will save you, only Jesus will.
Follow Jesus

Upvote 0

NBB

Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2013
Uruguay
✟454,217.00
Country
Uruguay
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Matthew 8:2-3
2 And, behold, there came a leper and worshipped him, saying, Lord, if thou wilt, thou canst make me clean.
3 And Jesus put forth his hand, and touched him, saying, I will; be thou clean. And immediately his leprosy was cleansed.

Leprosy, a contagious disease worse than cov, Jesus touched him, and cleaned him immediatly.
Follow Jesus, the blood of Jesus cures all illness and ailments and everything, take the blood of Jesus get healed immediatly.
Now the world that does not believe neither seen Him, would say: don't touch him, stay away from the leper, wear a mask, and perform blood treatment.
A friend of the world is an enemy of God, don't think the world will save you, only Jesus will.
Follow Jesus

Don't wear your seatbelt and don't see the doctor Jesus will save you... maybe he will, maybe you are tempting 'luck' and being reckless.

Upvote 0

mindfulzen

Aug 4, 2021
south
✟6,349.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
There were studies/statistics comparing how many people were hospitalized, died etc, before and after vaccine campaigns.

This is not a study, but here large percent of the pop. got vaccinated AND:
uruguay covid statistics - Google Search

Just look how new cases and deaths decreased.
I do not know about uruguay, but here stuff has been shutdown. Cinemas just opening up now, same with concerts and stadiums have limited capacity. Still guidelines about social distancing, masks if there are local outbreaks, etc. So it is not a normal situation, and cannot study. And you cannot study it as I said, unless you have a controlled study of vaccinated people deliberately being exposed to it. Then test if they get infected or not, and if it spreads through them. And do the same study with unvaccinated people. Which is practically impossible to do now, since all are told to get it, and hardly anybody who has not taken it left, who want it. Not opening your link to your search. If you want to paste me a link, open the link and paste the url to the site you want to show me. Degoogified computer.

Upvote 0

Sabertooth

Site Supporter
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟961,089.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Studies and statistics shows that vaccines have saved lots of lives already.
Why is not a christian thing to do?
What you are saying is generally true about vaccines.
Do you know which vaccines are being used in your country?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

NBB

Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2013
Uruguay
✟454,217.00
Country
Uruguay
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
What you are saying is generally true about vaccines.
Do you know which vaccines are being used in your country?

I took sinovac and i am appointed to take pfizer at the end of the month '3rd shot'.
Elderly people i think took Pfizer from the beginning.

Upvote 0

NBB

Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2013
Uruguay
✟454,217.00
Country
Uruguay
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I do not know about uruguay, but here stuff has been shutdown. Cinemas just opening up now, same with concerts and stadiums have limited capacity. Still guidelines about social distancing, masks if there are local outbreaks, etc. So it is not a normal situation, and cannot study. And you cannot study it as I said, unless you have a controlled study of vaccinated people deliberately being exposed to it. Then test if they get infected or not, and if it spreads through them. And do the same study with unvaccinated people. Which is practically impossible to do now, since all are told to get it, and hardly anybody who has not taken it left, who want it. Not opening your link to your search. If you want to paste me a link, open the link and paste the url to the site you want to show me. Degoogified computer.

'Enjoy the reading' this is a study...
https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMoa2107715

Upvote 0

Sabertooth

Site Supporter
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟961,089.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I took sinovac...
Sinovac is not available here. It and Valneva are less experimental than the synthetic vaccines and more people would be willing to get them, here, if they were available. Valneva & Sinovac are expected to be more variant-resistant than other vaccines & pseudo-vaccines.

That is probably why you are seeing such good outcomes there.

Upvote 0

mindfulzen

Aug 4, 2021
south
✟6,349.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
It says that doublejabbed people have 65% chance of not getting the virus. That is not very effective at all. This was even lower than I thought. Thanks for the information. Interesting. It seems to me, that in normal circumstances, this vaccine would not be approved. There seems to be lower number of vaccinated getting it here, but they might hold back info of course. And lower number of people getting it in all groups. Been pretty shutdown, so will get the test now that schools open up, and we plan to go back to normal soon. Probably in 3 weeks. We are also less populated, so does not spread so much nationwide, just local outbreaks that are traced and stopped.

Upvote 0

NBB

Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2013
Uruguay
✟454,217.00
Country
Uruguay
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It says that doublejabbed people have 65% chance of not getting the virus. That is not very effective at all. This was even lower than I thought. Thanks for the information. Interesting. It seems to me, that in normal circumstances, this vaccine would not be approved. There seems to be lower number of vaccinated getting it here, but they might hold back info of course. And lower number of people getting it in all groups. Been pretty shutdown, so will get the test now that schools open up, and we plan to go back to normal soon. Probably in 3 weeks. We are also less populated, so does not spread so much nationwide, just local outbreaks that are traced and stopped.

You believe in conspiracy theories? its already known you can get the virus even vaccinated but fatalities and hospitalization are a big problem too read more.
Vaccines lower the chance you will die or form severe illness a lot.

• Agree
Reactions: Elfkind
Upvote 0