The condemnation of Bibliomancy and or seeking an answer by randomly pointing within His Word.

Do you believe Bibliomancy or seeking an answer from God by randomly pointing in the Bible is wrong?

• Total voters

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
So you believe the Bereans were praying and they were then randomly pointing in the Torah for an answer?
No. I don't have to believe that.
Can you PROVE THEY DID NOT ?
People have testified TODAY that they read the Scripture that way sometimes. No problem for them who are seeking God.
You have NOT YET shown that ANYONE you know or have seen has been trying to twist God's Arm... not even one quote to that effect, none at all.

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul.
Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,192,316.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
IF your topic is that, then show that. Show SOMEONE, show ANYONE , QUOTE THEM, who is doing that.

Why do I have to? We can see people defending Bibliomancy in this very thread. You can simply do a Google search and find these people in seconds. Are you afraid to do a Google search?

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,192,316.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
No. I don't have to believe that.
Can you PROVE THEY DID NOT ?
People have testified TODAY that they read the Scripture that way sometimes. No problem for them who are seeking God.
You have NOT YET shown that ANYONE you know or have seen has been trying to twist God's Arm... not even one quote to that effect, none at all.

So it is okay to twist God's arm sometimes?
I also do not need to show proof. I know they exist. You can know they can exist within seconds from now by doing a Google search. The choice is up to you to type and hit enter, and then point and click.

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,192,316.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
You keep defending the emptiness of the op, having no object , no one SHOWN to be DOING what you say...

You gave this same answer in another thread topic. But everyone knows these thread topics are real. Why are you so determined to disprove certain things that already exist?

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
So it is okay to twist God's arm sometimes?
I also do not need to show proof. I know they exist. You can know they can exist within seconds from now by doing a Google search. The choice is up to you to type and hit enter, and then point and click.
Are you saying that it is okay to twist God's arm at all, ever ? < shrugs > You have NOT SHOWN ANYONE doing that , at all, ever. No one seen , quoted, or noted, as twisting God's arm, not even ONE.

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,192,316.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,192,316.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
False witness from you, or quote me. Maybe I did something - show me. Quote me.

A person voted "no" in the poll. You implied in your first post (post #4) that you were against what I said in the OP. You used an example with a father's many letters, etc. You also gave a "like" to "A Realist" who said, "Looks like all those folks casting lots in the bible to determine "God's will" were in the wrong, then." This again was speaking against what I said in the OP.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Heavenhome

Site Supporter
Dec 31, 2017
Newstead.Australia
✟407,525.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
zyjsy od mpy mrvrddrtsu sppv;rov /
oops, key board shifted ! IS THAT A SIGN!? :)
What you mention is not occultic, NOR is it "more" occultic than a lot of other things done, let alone more than anything else.
Maybe what went on there proved something, but we don't know what went on there, so we don't know what it proved OTHER THAN THEY READ THE BIBLE _ MAYBE THE SAME WAY AS THE BEREANS! ?

I don't understand anything of what you are saying but it my experience in that particular church it certainly proved to me and many others that it was in much error.

I'm not going into detail,many people were affected by the goings on there.

However, all works according to Gods plan and I'll tell you something I learned so much about trusting God, and weighing up what was preached from the pulpit and reading the Bible properly by reading it in context, not by picking random verses.

Anyway that's all I have to say.

To God alone be all glory, honour and praise.
His will be done.

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,192,316.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
False witness from you, or quote me. Maybe I did something - show me. Quote me.

You used similar wording on another topic before. You implied that there was nobody who believes in Hyper Dispensationalism by asking the person of the OP to prove if anyone believes in it. You made it sound like nobody believes in it (Which is silly). The term exists for a reason.

See: Post #12 in the Hyper Dispensationalism Thread.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
You used similar wording on another topic before. You implied that there was nobody who believes in Hyper Dispensationalism by asking the person of the OP to prove if anyone believes in it. You made it sound like nobody believes in it (Which is silly). The term exists for a reason.
Whether the term, or even the doctrine, exists was not ever in question.
There seemed there, as in this thread/ op/ to be no purpose, to be as it were empty or in vain, since no one was quoted or shown to be doing what the OP claimed.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
You implied in your first post (post #4) that you were against what I said in the OP. You used an example with a father's many letters, etc. You also gave a "like" to "A Realist" who said, "Looks like all those folks casting lots in the bible to determine "God's will" were in the wrong, then." This again was speaking against what I said in the OP.
Good. We were showing the problem with the OP, and asking that it be clarified/ remedied. So far it has not been .... it is still lacking substance, not having anyone so far quoted or shown, specifically, to have done nor to be doing what you claimed.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
I know a Christian who was approving of me doing this.
There are over a hundred called Christian on just this one forum who (it seems) support abortion "approving of it".... would you say that therefore it is okay to do ? We cannot go by what people approve of , can we ? Overall, people on earth DO NOT approve of Jesus or God's Way. People are often wrong, and often misled.
So yes. They do exist.

"they do exist"...? Fine, quote someone who exists who practices the subject of the OP/Title.

We do not deny they exist. But if we don't know any of them, if they are not here or we are not meeting them anywhere, if we do not see them nor hear them, then there is no object to the OP, no point to it, is there? Just like hyperd? If no one stands up for it, if no one present practices it, why say anything about it at all ? (there are times and reasons to do so, yes. but why? for 'show'? Positively not, we hope. )

Let's identify the blblomancers. Who are they? Where are they ? If no one here on the forum is being bothered or tempted even by them, why the topic come up ?

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,192,316.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Bible Highlighter said:
A person voted "no" in the poll.

Well, it means that the person does not think that Bibliomancy is a problem. That is what it means when they voted "no" in the poll. This then means your implication of your questions that nobody believes in Bibliomancy is simply not true.

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,192,316.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
There are over a hundred called Christian on just this one forum who (it seems) support abortion "approving of it".... would you say that therefore it is okay to do ? We cannot go by what people approve of , can we ? Overall, people on earth DO NOT approve of Jesus or God's Way. People are often wrong, and often misled.

"they do exist"...? Fine, quote someone who exists who practices the subject of the OP/Title.

We do not deny they exist. But if we don't know any of them, if they are not here or we are not meeting them anywhere, if we do not see them nor hear them, then there is no object to the OP, no point to it, is there? Just like hyperd? If no one stands up for it, if no one present practices it, why say anything about it at all ? (there are times and reasons to do so, yes. but why? for 'show'? Positively not, we hope. )

Let's identify the blblomancers. Who are they? Where are they ? If no one here on the forum is being bothered or tempted even by them, why the topic come up ?

Surely a person can fall into the error of Bibliomancy even if:

(a) Not a lot of people believe in it.

But seeing I fell into this error for a day shows you that it is possible to fall into this kind of deception. I am sure I am not the only one.

In fact, I just looked on another Christian forum on this topic, and found a person defending the use of pointing randomly in their Bible to find an answer to their prayers from God. I cannot post the link here because I am not allowed to post a link to another forum, but you can do a keyword search on Google to find it using the keywords, "christians who believe in bibliomancy."

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,192,316.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

Your not getting it. They wanted me to do it. This means they were endorsing me in doing so meant that they most likely did the same thing. So you wanted proof they existed? I gave you some.

You said:

I don't have to. But I did when you kept demanding for it. I provided a link for you to read.

You said:
We do not deny they exist.

Okay. Now you are backpedaling. So they do exist. So why do I have to show you people that we all know who exist?

You said:
But if we don't know any of them, if they are not here or we are not meeting them anywhere, if we do not see them nor hear them, then there is no object to the OP, no point to it, is there? Just like hyperd? If no one stands up for it, if no one present practices it, why say anything about it at all ? (there are times and reasons to do so, yes. but why? for 'show'? Positively not, we hope. )

So you think a small error cannot infect others? Can a little bit of rat poison in a person's glass of water not hurt them? The problem I see with your line of thinking is that you think that a small error or problem is not worth mentioning if only a few small few appear to believe in it. You seem to think that the belief needs to have a large list of names attached to it in order for it to be a valid false belief. This is simply not the case.

Last edited:
Upvote 0