• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

The Coffee Shop (6)

Status
Not open for further replies.

shazabella

Senior Veteran
Mar 14, 2005
Australia
Visit site
✟13,487.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hi Shaz and Allie :hug:
how are you both?
It's great that you are working on making sure you eat enough Shaz :)

and I dunno what is wrong with me ... i couldn't do anything all day cos i couldn't concentrate enough and wanted to hurt myself so much :-(
i hope tomorrow will be better....
Hey Arianna,

I am actually feeling pretty dodgy - slept for over fourteen hrs and still tired ... I'm just over the illness atm.

I hope everyone is ok :hug: to all who want them , praying for you all.

- Shaz

Upvote 0

MyaShane

CUBs fan til I die!
Feb 21, 2007
Illinois - home of the CUBs!
✟18,805.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Sorry you're feeling bad Ari. Do hang in there. Yes, try and find something that will make you feel better even if it's something small and concentrate on it. :crossrc:

April do you have to weigh yourself? And does Bruce go with other factors besides weight? I know we've talked before about how much goes into that number. Doesn't help much when you're there standing on it, I know. :(

Upvote 0

Soulwings

A true original.
Apr 7, 2003
Northeastern USA.
✟25,389.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Kerin, I don't have to weigh myself, but I stupidly did anyway. Bruce weighs me, but he also goes by % lean muscle and % fat. I know that I put too much stock in the number, but it's really scary to see those numbers on the scale... :-(

Allie, what's up??

Ari, are you feeling better?

Shaz... :hug: I'm glad that you've gotten the chance to get a lot of sleep. I hope you feel better soon. :)

/me makes lots and lots of ginger tea with orange juice. :yum:

Upvote 0

MyaShane

CUBs fan til I die!
Feb 21, 2007
Illinois - home of the CUBs!
✟18,805.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Kerin, I don't have to weigh myself, but I stupidly did anyway. Bruce weighs me, but he also goes by % lean muscle and % fat. I know that I put too much stock in the number, but it's really scary to see those numbers on the scale... :-(

Allie, what's up??

Ari, are you feeling better?

Shaz... :hug: I'm glad that you've gotten the chance to get a lot of sleep. I hope you feel better soon. :)

/me makes lots and lots of ginger tea with orange juice. :yum:

I see. I didn't know if it was something he required you to do because that would really suck.

Upvote 0

BrokenForHim

Oct 15, 2006
In a box
Visit site
✟8,544.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
my mom wanted to go see her stupid "friend" who happens to be married...and has children...grr...

it wasn't to bad I took my friend haha we sat in the hot tub most the time and then like ten little nine year olds came and started flirting with us..haha

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Soulwings

A true original.
Apr 7, 2003
Northeastern USA.
✟25,389.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Allie, Bruce does blind weigh me, which is a good idea... the only problem with that is that if I ask, he tells me what I weigh - which is in a way a good thing, because I don't like feeling like he's hiding stuff from me... but at the same time, it kind of defeats the purpose, you know? :sigh: And plus, I've a scale in my room that I purchased when I was really "sick" ... so that also defeats the purpose of blind weighing. Oh well... it's a policy they have and that makes sense.

Kerin, how're you doing? :hug: and Allie? and Lindz, and Bec, and Lisa, and Ari, and anyone else that I've forgotten? :)

Why're you feeling low about your grades now, Bec? :hug: You did fine. *snuggles*

I'm feeling a bit "ehh" today. I've been slipping a little bit on my meal plan - haven't had lunch for two days - so I need to get back on track, and back on track with drinking too. Gahh.

But oh well! On the bright side of things, I got to talk with my Jarrod yesterday for nearly four hours. :) The internet phone service had eight million users on it, so it was swamped, which meant that video AND voice didn't work, so we stuck to voice... that sucked a little bit, but oh well... nice to talk anyway!! :)

/me makes much coffee and enjoys some of Lisa's muffins... :yum:

Upvote 0

beckybooiloveu

Senior Veteran
Jan 12, 2006
Sunshine Coast
✟10,224.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
i didnt do fine... i worked so hard and should have done soooo muhc better... but because of stupid exam anxiety i just freak out in exams and forget everything... its not fair... and a few of my friends barely did any work all semester and still ended up getting a better overall mark than me... maybe i am too stupid for uni...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

shazabella

Senior Veteran
Mar 14, 2005
Australia
Visit site
✟13,487.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
*is feeling really fluey and sapped of energy atm* ( pretty much sums up CFS)

GRRRRRRR I'm meant to be seeing Chadders tomorrow but i feel like i could sleep for a million years.

I am a little stressed that i haven't heard back from the one guy who could cover for me tonight at work. I went to a work training day thing yesterday even though i was really itchy with a rash , which just shows my lack of self care. I'm expecting work to take one look at me and send me home. Oh and i forgot to get my flu shot this year. I'm going to the doctors tomorrow if I'm still this sick !

I just feel really dodgy

:hug: bec you are NOT too stupid for uni sweetie,
:hug: April
:hug: anyone else who wants it

- Shaz

Upvote 0

Soulwings

A true original.
Apr 7, 2003
Northeastern USA.
✟25,389.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Aww, I think EVERYONE needs a snuggle. Sounds like stuff is going pretty depressing for all of us. :hug: But we can do okay... remember that life isn't always going to be like "this", whatever your particular "this" is. (Capiche?) It'll be okay. And no, that is not a platitude - that is what I honestly believe. :)

Bec, exam anxiety is not something to be ashamed about. Rather, could you talk with your psych about prescribing some antianxiety meds for you? I'm on two and they really help a lot with social anxiety/generalised anxiety. I think that would be the best and safest way to go, beautiful. :hug:

:hug: Shaz. I hope that your fluey'ness goes away soon... funny to think about it being flu season down there and not up here, but that's thanks to the equator for messing up hemispheres! :) *snuggles*

I'm wearing my Fezzik shirt and my pirate wristbands today, so I feel ready to take on the world. (Minus the fact that I feel rather small inside after having a really bad crash last night :(.) So ARRRRR!!

/me makes much coffee and ginger tea and strawberry scones.

* Arnold comes to snuggle with Shaz and Allie and Bec, to make them feel better. Is it working??

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.