• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

The Coffee Shop (6)

Status
Not open for further replies.

shazabella

Senior Veteran
Mar 14, 2005
Australia
Visit site
✟13,487.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hi everyone,

Praying for you lindsey - sounds like a tough situation

I got my second maths test back and I'm bursting to tell someone what i got !!!!!!

Mum is at work for at least the next couple of hours and noone is online. I got one hundred % + a smiley face and a "well done" on my paper from my tutor. This is the second maths test I've done really well in ( ninety % last time) but its my first one hundred%, the last time i got one hundred % in something was yr eight ( nineteen ninety nine) and this is my worst subject so this is huge.

Hope everyone else is doing well.

Ethiebabe ( my little sister) got her formal dress today and it is just gorgeous ! Atm I'm just trying to play catch up with uni but the one hundred % is like woah ...

- Shaz

Upvote 0

Soulwings

A true original.
Apr 7, 2003
Northeastern USA.
✟25,389.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Bec, I don't know if I'm overexercising. Walking for an hour to three hours a day, biking for half an hour to an hour. :scratch: Bruce just wants me to exercise as much as I can. He apparently has no idea how compulsive I can be. :(

I'm not great tonight, more details in other thread. But today has actually been an okay day. Went hiking this morning with my parents, and had a pleasant time. It was a beautiful hike, and not too challenging, which was good, since we were all tired!!

* Arnold nibbles on some leftover bamboo pie... :yum:

Upvote 0

Arianna

Senior Veteran
Nov 7, 2005
England
✟11,311.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
morningteasmileyf.gif

Saritaa - I have a similar problem... i have no money to do anything!

April -- Mb you can talk to Bruce about it? Probably best to check that it isn't too much :hug:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Soulwings

A true original.
Apr 7, 2003
Northeastern USA.
✟25,389.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
G'morning everyone. :)

I meant to say last night, Shaz, that... you are amazing, and CONGRATS!! :clap: A one hundred % is lovely and so hard to get in some topics, so tres well done! :)

I don't think I'm overexercising... I've been keeping a log for Bruce of five things including exercise (the others are whether I've stuck with my meal plan [-, =, or +], # cups/day, mood, and # of steps I take). And he hasn't said anything negative about the amount that I'm doing, so.... :-\ But I do know that it's easy to get into overexercising... I just don't know if I would know if I were overexercising. Or if Bruce would know what's overexercising for me and what isn't.

How are you all this morning?? :hug::hug:

I'm sleepy... :yawn: but I'm going to hang out with a friend this morning, which will be nice. We're going to go walking (haha, exercising!) and then stop for ice cream or chai afterwards. :) It should be nice. She's getting married soon as well, and she's also got an ED, and she's Christian, so we've got a lot in common, plus more. :)

/me snuggles up in a squishy armchair with a chai smoothie and a book by Iris Murdoch.

Upvote 0

shazabella

Senior Veteran
Mar 14, 2005
Australia
Visit site
✟13,487.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
G'morning everyone. :)

I meant to say last night, Shaz, that... you are amazing, and CONGRATS!! :clap: A one hundred % is lovely and so hard to get in some topics, so tres well done! :)

I don't think I'm overexercising... I've been keeping a log for Bruce of five things including exercise (the others are whether I've stuck with my meal plan [-, =, or +], # cups/day, mood, and # of steps I take). And he hasn't said anything negative about the amount that I'm doing, so.... :-\ But I do know that it's easy to get into overexercising... I just don't know if I would know if I were overexercising. Or if Bruce would know what's overexercising for me and what isn't.

How are you all this morning??

I'm sleepy... :yawn: but I'm going to hang out with a friend this morning, which will be nice. We're going to go walking (haha, exercising!) and then stop for ice cream or chai afterwards. :) It should be nice. She's getting married soon as well, and she's also got an ED, and she's Christian, so we've got a lot in common, plus more. :)

/me snuggles up in a squishy armchair with a chai smoothie and a book by Iris Murdoch.

Thanks April :),
I was sitting there in shock going :scratch: how did i pull that off ? lol , I'm actually getting a little bored with the course , i have weeks til the assessments are due and the course work is not very stimulating but I'm plodding through it - a picnic with Chadders was a great incentive to get the assignments done.

I need to eat more then what I'm doing atm , so that is my goal - eat more/ better and sleep more. I think its going to be a self care week this week. I was so tired this week i was falling asleep really suddenly watching TV , driving to work ( i was the passenger praise God) but it was like woah a little scary. I think its because I've been stressed i haven't been sleeping properly but alot of the mess has sorted itself out for the time being so all i need to do is start looking after me.

And first thing is to go grab my PJ pants out of the clothes dryer and go have a shower and get warm.

Hope everyone is well :)

- Shaz

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Arianna

Senior Veteran
Nov 7, 2005
England
✟11,311.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hi Shaz and Allie :hug:
how are you both?
It's great that you are working on making sure you eat enough Shaz :)

and I dunno what is wrong with me ... i couldn't do anything all day cos i couldn't concentrate enough and wanted to hurt myself so much :-(
i hope tomorrow will be better....

Upvote 0

Soulwings

A true original.
Apr 7, 2003
Northeastern USA.
✟25,389.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Aww Ari... *big huge snugglehugs* I'm sorry :-( Feeling like that is always rubbishy.... can you do something to help treat yourself? Like, oh, I don't know, get something special to drink, bake something you like, take a hot bath, read a favorite book... something like that. :hug: Try to take it easy tonight, get some good sleep, and remember that tomorrow is indeed a new day. You can make it through this, and beautiful, we WILL figure out how to get past this whole SI thing. We will. If there's anything that silly little April can do to help, just tell me. :)

I did have a good time with my friend, and I got a letter from the dietician from my treatment place with whom I am really good friends.......... and then I weighed myself and it all went downhill. :cry: And I don't see Bruce until next Wednesday. It feels like an eternity away. :(

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.