Tamaqua
✟13,275.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
I used to shop at stores like Target, Walmart, Starbucks, and Amazon, until one day in church I heard those stores were promoting sinful things like homosexuality and transgenderism and Target was selling transgender underclothes for little kids, which little kids shouldn't even be exposed to that stuff let alone anybody else. I also heard they were allowing men and women to go into the same fitting rooms and bathrooms together. I had already made the decision to stop shopping at Target because of that and stop going to Starbucks because of what's on their coffee cups and because I heard their money goes to pay for abortions, which is another no-no. The thing I'm struggling with is I don't get out to the stores much because of me being blind and where I live transportation is limited, so I do a lot of online shopping. When I shop for food, I get it from Aldi, Giant, or Redner's, but when I need other things like clothing, electronics, and other things for my apartment, I often am left with either Walmart or Amazon and since I heard those stores are getting bad as well, I do ask God for forgiveness every time I shop from there, but I often feel like I have no choice. I know God knows my heart and he knows I'm shopping from there only to buy whatever it is I'm buying and not to support their sinful agendas, but I still feel horrible every time I have to shop from those places. I'm just curious what you guys think about this. Where do you guys usually shop for things like clothes, electronics, and other odds and ends for your houses? Do you still shop at Walmart or Amazon or are there more online Christian-friendly stores I should be shopping at? All advice is welcome. Thanks. God bless!

Sir Joseph

Site Supporter
Nov 18, 2018
Southwest
✟92,799.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I commend your thought to the issue Nmeckert. I too, only the past few years, have begun to keep a list of the businesses, organizations and individuals that are openly fighting God. I consider them an enemy of Christianity that should be remembered and considered whenever issues arise. Unfortunately, I too have found the list growing too long and excluding the biggest, cheapest sellers of consumer products which I need. I suppose if my values were higher, I'd sacrifice the price difference and limit my shopping venues more, but my budget so far has curbed my conviction.

I have no easy solution, but I share your feelings. Awareness is a good first step, and sometime even a temporary boycot can make a difference.

Upvote 0

Nmeckert

Mar 5, 2024
Tamaqua
✟13,275.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
I commend your thought to the issue Nmeckert. I too, only the past few years, have begun to keep a list of the businesses, organizations and individuals that are openly fighting God. I consider them an enemy of Christianity that should be remembered and considered whenever issues arise. Unfortunately, I too have found the list growing too long and excluding the biggest, cheapest sellers of consumer products which I need. I suppose if my values were higher, I'd sacrifice the price difference and limit my shopping venues more, but my budget so far has curbed my conviction.

I have no easy solution, but I share your feelings. Awareness is a good first step, and sometime even a temporary boycot can make a difference.
I thank you for your advice. It sounds like we're both in the same situation. I will keep praying to God for answers on what to do and where he wants me to shop.

Upvote 0

returntosender

EL ROI
Site Supporter
May 30, 2020
casa grande
✟353,705.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I used to shop at stores like Target, Walmart, Starbucks, and Amazon, until one day in church I heard those stores were promoting sinful things like homosexuality and transgenderism and Target was selling transgender underclothes for little kids, which little kids shouldn't even be exposed to that stuff let alone anybody else. I also heard they were allowing men and women to go into the same fitting rooms and bathrooms together. I had already made the decision to stop shopping at Target because of that and stop going to Starbucks because of what's on their coffee cups and because I heard their money goes to pay for abortions, which is another no-no. The thing I'm struggling with is I don't get out to the stores much because of me being blind and where I live transportation is limited, so I do a lot of online shopping. When I shop for food, I get it from Aldi, Giant, or Redner's, but when I need other things like clothing, electronics, and other things for my apartment, I often am left with either Walmart or Amazon and since I heard those stores are getting bad as well, I do ask God for forgiveness every time I shop from there, but I often feel like I have no choice. I know God knows my heart and he knows I'm shopping from there only to buy whatever it is I'm buying and not to support their sinful agendas, but I still feel horrible every time I have to shop from those places. I'm just curious what you guys think about this. Where do you guys usually shop for things like clothes, electronics, and other odds and ends for your houses? Do you still shop at Walmart or Amazon or are there more online Christian-friendly stores I should be shopping at? All advice is welcome. Thanks. God bless!
But don't take others words for it. Make that decision from your own experiences. I can add, if you get delivery check your receipts especially with Walmart, Safeway, this from personal experience

Upvote 0

Nmeckert

Mar 5, 2024
Tamaqua
✟13,275.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
But don't take others words for it. Make that decision from your own experiences. I can add, if you get delivery check your receipts especially with Walmart, Safeway, this from personal experience
Thank you. Checking my receipts may be a little hard, since I'm blind, but I can have someone check them for me to see where my money is going. I want to add that I just heard Bath and Body Works is promoting the homosexuality and transgenderism agendas as well and they have certain scents for pride month in June. I have to pray about what to do because I really love their scents and I love their soaps, their room sprays, and their wallflower plugs.

Upvote 0

returntosender

EL ROI
Site Supporter
May 30, 2020
casa grande
✟353,705.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Thank you. Checking my receipts may be a little hard, since I'm blind, but I can have someone check them for me to see where my money is going. I want to add that I just heard Bath and Body Works is promoting the homosexuality and transgenderism agendas as well and they have certain scents for pride month in June. I have to pray about what to do because I really love their scents and I love their soaps, their room sprays, and their wallflower plugs.
I am sorry! You are at a disadvantage and vulnerable to the unscrupulous.
God bless you and guide you. If you need help with that or, let me know:)

Upvote 0

Nmeckert

Mar 5, 2024
Tamaqua
✟13,275.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
I am sorry! You are at a disadvantage and vulnerable to the unscrupulous.
God bless you and guide you. If you need help with that or, let me know:)
Thank you. If I need help, I'll let you know. Until then, I'm still praying on what to do.

Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟75,817.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Well, eventually there would be no place to shop at, as most major retailers are going this way. Aldi is a great store, as the store is German owned, and the Germans seem to focus on product quality, not extraneous stuff such as funding political movements or special interest groups. Plus, Aldi prices are very low.

Excerpt from Aldi Code of Conduct: https://corporate.aldi.us/fileadmin.../CR_Updates/ALDI_Code_of_Conduct_Handbook.pdf

1713637995790.png

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums