The Bible is the Word of God?

Bible Highlighter

Law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul.
Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,194,809.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Call it a pet peeve, but I really dislike it when the Bible is attacked when it's authority is undermined.

Again, Romans 10:17.

Faith comes by hearing the Word of God.

This is the Bible.

If you didn't have the Bible, you would not have faith.
So please stop attacking your own faith please.
This is not good.
We are supposed to build each other up in the faith and not tear it down by watering down the very thing that is a part of our faith (or in how we get the faith).

Upvote 0

Pneuma3

Apr 12, 2006
✟54,054.00
Faith
Christian
No. It is still a God breathed message that is holy and has spiritual meaning on levels that your mind cannot fully know yet. All of it. All of Scripture is given by inspiration by God.

Even the genealogies are not by some random accident. They there by divine order.

EVERYTHING.

The whole book.

Every word in the Bible is by God’s design or order. It is called the HOLY Bible and not the holey bible (Whereby if is full of holes or errors). It is the perfect Word of God. The Bible is a masterpiece. The Bible is a reflection of His perfect character.

This is so wrong on many levels. Nowhere does it say God gave us a bible that will lead us into all truth.
The promise was that the Holy Spirit will lead us into all truth. Nowhere does it say the Holy Spirit will lead us into all truth though a book.

man has tampered with much of the bible adding and taking way from it, thus it cannot be the undefiled, uncorrupted word of God.

Thus the bible contain scripture but not everything in the bible is scripture. We need the Holy Spirit to discern what is actually scripture from what is an addition via man.

Reactions: John Bowen
Upvote 0

Daniel Martinovich

Friend
Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2011
Southwest USA
Visit site
✟487,316.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Where in the Bible does it say that "The Book" is the "Word of God"?

I see where Jesus Christ is the Word of God.
I see where God speaks the Word of God within the Bible.
I can see a declaration of historical facts as considered The Word of God.

But, where does it say that The Bible is the Word of God?
Isaiah 29:18 And in that day shall the deaf hear the words of the book, and the eyes of the blind shall see out of obscurity, and out of darkness.
Lets not forget what Peter said about the scripture too.

2nd Peter 1:16 For we have not followed cunningly devised fables, when we made known unto you the power and coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, but were eyewitnesses of his majesty.17 For he received from God the Father honour and glory, when there came such a voice to him from the excellent glory, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.18 And this voice which came from heaven we heard, when we were with him in the holy mount.19 We have also a more sure word of prophecy; whereunto ye do well that ye take heed, as unto a light that shineth in a dark place, until the day dawn, and the day star arise in your hearts:20 Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation.21 For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Pneuma3

Apr 12, 2006
✟54,054.00
Faith
Christian
Call it a pet peeve, but I really dislike it when the Bible is attacked when it's authority is undermined.

Again, Romans 10:17.

Faith comes by hearing the Word of God.

This is the Bible.

If you didn't have the Bible, you would not have faith.
So please stop attacking your own faith please.
This is not good.
We are supposed to build each other up in the faith and not tear it down by watering down the very thing that is a part of our faith (or in how we get the faith).

Hearing the word of God is not referring to the bible it is referring to putting on the mind of Christ or listening to Him when He is in direct opposition to any other voice and that include Moses and Elijiah.

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul.
Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,194,809.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
This is so wrong on many levels. Nowhere does it say God gave us a bible that will lead us into all truth.

The promise was that the Holy Spirit will lead us into all truth.

How do you know about the truth that says that the Holy Spirit will lead you into all truth?

It's the Bible!!!!

You wouldn't know about that truth if it was not for your Bible.

So you are refuting yourself.

You said:
Nowhere does it say the Holy Spirit will lead us into all truth though a book.

The revelation of God's Word the Bible is something that is spiritualy discerned. If you don't know the Bible is God's Word than I would say that there is a major problem with your spiritual compass.

Faith comes by hearing and hearing the Word of God.
All Scripture is given by inspiration of God.
The Bible is Scripture and no other book is like the Bible.
It is backed up by many evidences that it is divine in origin.

You said:
man has tampered with much of the bible adding and taking way from it, thus it cannot be the undefiled, uncorrupted word of God.

Thus the bible contain scripture but not everything in the bible is scripture. We need the Holy Spirit to discern what is actually scripture from what is an addition via man.

No. There is a Bible that is perfect and not corrupted. The 1769 KJV is without error and is the perfect Word of God for our day. I use Modern Translations as a guide to help update the 1600's English, but it can be shown that it is divine in origin.

Upvote 0

Pneuma3

Apr 12, 2006
✟54,054.00
Faith
Christian
How do you know about the truth that says that the Holy Spirit will lead you into all truth?

It's the Bible!!!!

You wouldn't know about that truth if it was not for your Bible.

So you are refuting yourself.

Yes it is in the bible, but so are many other things that are not of God.

The bible contains scripture but not everything in the bible is scripture.

Anyway which bible is the supposedly word of God? the RCC, the kjv, the Ethiopian? Just which bible is the word of God.

Upvote 0

Pneuma3

Apr 12, 2006
✟54,054.00
Faith
Christian
No. There is a Bible that is perfect and not corrupted. The 1769 KJV is without error and is the perfect Word of God for our day. I use Modern Translations as a guide to help update the 1600's English, but it can be shown that it is divine in origin.

Nonsense, I love the KJV because I was raised on it, but it is hardy the perfect word of God.

Upvote 0

Pneuma3

Apr 12, 2006
✟54,054.00
Faith
Christian
The revelation of God's Word the Bible is something that is spiritualy discerned. If you don't know the Bible is God's Word than I would say that there is a major problem with your spiritual compass.

Faith comes by hearing and hearing the Word of God.
All Scripture is given by inspiration of God.
The Bible is Scripture and no other book is like the Bible.
It is backed up by many evidences that it is divine in origin.

Where do you come up with this stuff, nowhere does it say in the bible that the bible is the revelation of God's word.

Yes all scripture is inspired by God, but not everything in our bibles is scripture.

No the bible is NOT scripture no matter how much you want to believe it is.

The bible contains scripture, but that is a far cry from the bible being scripture.

Upvote 0

John Bowen

Site Supporter
Aug 16, 2018
dueba
✟48,940.00
Country
Fiji
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
John 16 :12 I have many more things to say to you , but you cannot bear them now " that was 2000 yrs ago . Isn't that proof there is more to God and spirituality than what is just written in the Bible?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Johnny4ChristJesus

Site Supporter
Oct 27, 2017
Falcon
✟164,968.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Isaiah 29:18 And in that day shall the deaf hear the words of the book, and the eyes of the blind shall see out of obscurity, and out of darkness.
Lets not forget what Peter said about the scripture too.

2nd Peter 1:16 For we have not followed cunningly devised fables, when we made known unto you the power and coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, but were eyewitnesses of his majesty.17 For he received from God the Father honour and glory, when there came such a voice to him from the excellent glory, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.18 And this voice which came from heaven we heard, when we were with him in the holy mount.19 We have also a more sure word of prophecy; whereunto ye do well that ye take heed, as unto a light that shineth in a dark place, until the day dawn, and the day star arise in your hearts:20 Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation.21 For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.

Thank you for sharing! Love the Scriptures! I had missed Isa 29:18. Great addition!

Upvote 0

Johnny4ChristJesus

Site Supporter
Oct 27, 2017
Falcon
✟164,968.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
John 16 :12 I have many more things to say to you , but you cannot bear them now " that was 2000 yrs ago . Isn't that proof there is more to God and spirituality than what is just written in the Bible?

Or how about this one:

"And many other signs truly did Jesus in the presence of His disciples, which are not written in this Book. But these things are written, that you might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, and that believing you might have life through His Name." (John 20:30-1)

I certainly agree with you that there is more to God and walking with God than what is written in the Bible. When

But, honestly, I don't know how either debunks either that the Bible is a genuine piece of the Word of God or that the Testimony of God is perfect and inerrant. The Scriptures all have a God-given purpose. God is sharing His testimony, so that we might believe, repent, and have life through Jesus Christ. Jesus said "My Words are spirit and they are life." Hebrews reports: "The Word of God is living and active and sharper than a two-edged sword...." (Heb 4:12) In Isaiah 55, God says that His Word will never return void. In Romans 10, we are told "faith comes by hearing and hearing the Word of God." In Jeremiah 1, we are told that God watches over His Word to perform it (which supports Isaiah 55).

But, His Testimony includes things that people have said that aren't true about Him. Jesus didn't say jezebel's words or satan's words or judas iscariot's words are spirit and are life. In fact, Jesus used Scripture to refute satan's words, some of which were incorrectly used Scripture.

Upvote 0

Johnny4ChristJesus

Site Supporter
Oct 27, 2017
Falcon
✟164,968.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I think as reasonable humans we have to accept that, just because it's written, doesn't make it true.

How can you believe something that you don't believe is necessarily true? How can you act on something that you don't believe? Even muslims believe what they believe and act on it. And we have something greater: The Holy Spirit testifies to our spirit that we are children of God," (Romans 8:16) if we truly are.

Think about what benefit any of the Apostles would have gained by lying? All of them were tortured or killed for their faith. But, unlike people today, they would have known if what they were teaching was a lie. Why would Paul walk away from everything he had going for him to go through what he went through, if Jesus didn't appear to him? Think about what he gave up before you answer that. He was becoming a national hero, trained by the best. He had every reason to NOT CONVERT!

For instance, I believe evolution is a lie. So, I would never believe that somewhere in my family tree was an ape, nor would I act on any of its teachings. I believe what Jesus said was true and I act on what Jesus said. Jesus quoted from or mentioned historical figures from different books. He also validated the Law. He validated the Old Testament Scriptures. The New Testament is God's Testimony about His Son and what happened after His Son through the end of this world.

If you believe God lied or that the humans, whom God gave the message to, got it wrong; How can you believe anything written in the Bible? Can you believe any promise He gives or the end He promises for us, or is your belief just wishful thinking?

• Agree
Reactions: straykat
Upvote 0

John Bowen

Site Supporter
Aug 16, 2018
dueba
✟48,940.00
Country
Fiji
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Points to ponder the writers of the Bible where at a much lower awareness than we are today . Just in my lifetime I seen the Internet go back 30 yrs ago explain to someone then about youtube or all the info we have today because of it .They wouldn't be able to comprehend it . In Biblical times they didn't even think like we do they were in a more mythical thinking than the very rational linear mindset people are in today. So what God could speak through them was limited to their state of mind it might have been the highest teaching for them , but wasn't the highest teaching The Creator of the universe where we are just a tiny speck of dust could give. When people do that they turn the Bible into a graven image a idol .Thats why Jesus spoke the Living Word he never read from the OT God spoke through him new teachings that God was unconditional love not the judgmental , angry God the Jews were worshiping that you had to fear .How can you have fear and love for someone at the same time ? It can't be done. Why did Jesus speak in parables ? Cause that's what people liked stories , But to the disciples he expounded on all things .Don't people want to be taught more to be disciples of Jesus ?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Johnny4ChristJesus

Site Supporter
Oct 27, 2017
Falcon
✟164,968.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Alas, that was not your MAIN OP question. Your root, starting question was....

To which the answer is 2 Timothy 3:16-17.

I hope this helps.

Like I said, I love the Scripture. It says:

“All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works. (2 Timothy 3:16-17, KJV).” (2 Tim 3:16-17, KJV)

"All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the servant of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work." (2 Tim 3:16-17)

So, I agree, and have always agreed, that "All Scripture is inspired by God." God is giving His Testimony. God is not a man that He should lie, so I believe every word. What He says includes words that are not to be taken as directive, since they are simply an account of what the ungodly have said. Then, there are words that "are spirit and are life." That doesn't lessen the fact that "all Scripture is inspired by God." The Bible isn't any less the Testimony of God about what happened because He included the words of the ungodly. In the sense that The Bible is filled with the Testimony of God, through men, it is "God's Word".

Everything in The Bible is useful for one of the purposes God has mentioned in what we refer to as The Bible or The Scriptures or The Testimony of God to man, but some of it is examples of what we shouldn't do or say.

My only suggestion is that we shouldn't confuse the matter by also calling the Bible "the Word of God", because while I love the Scriptures and believe in the power and authority of the Scriptures and believe they are the Testimony of God, The Bible is much less than the fullness of the Person of The Word of God, Jesus Christ.

Upvote 0

Johnny4ChristJesus

Site Supporter
Oct 27, 2017
Falcon
✟164,968.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Points to ponder the writers of the Bible where at a much lower awareness than we are today . Just in my lifetime I seen the Internet go back 30 yrs ago explain to someone then about youtube or all the info we have today because of it .They wouldn't be able to comprehend it . In Biblical times they didn't even think like we do they were in a more mythical thinking than the very rational linear mindset people are in today. So what God could speak through them was limited to their state of mind it might have been the highest teaching for them , but wasn't the highest teaching The Creator of the universe where we are just a tiny speck of dust could give. When people do that they turn the Bible into a graven image a idol .Thats why Jesus spoke the Living Word he never read from the OT God spoke through him new teachings that God was unconditional love not the judgmental , angry God the Jews were worshiping that you had to fear .How can you have fear and love for someone at the same time ? It can't be done.

You may want to go back and re-read the New Testament Gospels, because what you said just isn't true.

Jesus read from the Scriptures. He even announced that some of the Scriptures were being fulfilled one day after reading from Isaiah in the Scriptures. Jesus quoted Scriptures often. He told the Jewish leaders that the Scriptures they claim to believe testify of Him.

He did refute their understanding of the Scriptures often, but He NEVER refuted the Scriptures. Jesus also never spoke about "unconditional love." That is a man-made misinterpretation of the Scriptures. Jesus referred to the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob. Jesus compared his next coming to the days of Noah. We are even told in Scripture that just like in the days of Noah when the world Noah knew was destroyed by flood, so the world we know will be destroyed by fire.

Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟299,944.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
2 Timothy 3:16-17

Paul is only referring to the "sacred scriptures" (which eventually became the Bible) as teaching tool. "Only good for teaching" but not explicitly said to be absolutely necessary (in the way many Christian see and treat the Bible). Therefore, Paul is not saying, nor claiming the Bible or the Scriptures is the Word of God.

The Word of God manifested in only three forms - God Himself, The Christ, and the Holy Spirit. The Bible never mentions the Word of God manifesting outside of those three...

In fact, the teachings of the Gospel even says you can depend entirely on the Holy Spirit for the Truth, even having no one to teach you. This is my personal experience and it's how I got started into the Truth. I've come to know many teachings of Christ without reading the Bible and without hearing them from church. The Holy Spirit taught many of these to me.

If anyone thinks this is very strange, you can ask and I'll show verses that actually say about it.

• Agree
Reactions: Pneuma3
Upvote 0