The Bible is the Word of God?

Bible Highlighter

Law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul.
Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,192,316.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Yes it is in the bible, but so are many other things that are not of God.

The bible contains scripture but not everything in the bible is scripture.

Anyway which bible is the supposedly word of God? the RCC, the kjv, the Ethiopian? Just which bible is the word of God.

No. Every word in your Bible is Scripture and is profitable for our learning and training in righteousness. A person needs to have a spiritual experience with the Bible on a deep level and realize that His book is the only way and it is special and divine in order to see what I am talking about. This kind of believer cannot speak against the faith (i.e. God's Word) in the way that you are doing. It is wrong to destroy the very foundation upon which your faith lies.

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,192,316.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I think as reasonable humans we have to accept that, just because it's written, doesn't make it true.

Every word is true in the Bible. Some words are told in the form of stories for our learning in righteousness. We cannot isolate Scripture and say that is not in God's Holy Word because it is. To attack the Bible is to attack the faith. For faith comes by hearing the Word of God.

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,192,316.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Paul is only referring to the "sacred scriptures" (which eventually became the Bible) as teaching tool. "Only good for teaching" but not explicitly said to be absolutely necessary (in the way many Christian see and treat the Bible). Therefore, Paul is not saying, nor claiming the Bible or the Scriptures is the Word of God.

The Word of God manifested in only three forms - God Himself, The Christ, and the Holy Spirit. The Bible never mentions the Word of God manifesting outside of those three...

In fact, the teachings of the Gospel even says you can depend entirely on the Holy Spirit for the Truth, even having no one to teach you. This is my personal experience and it's how I got started into the Truth. I've come to know many teachings of Christ without reading the Bible and without hearing them from church. The Holy Spirit taught many of these to me.

If anyone thinks this is very strange, you can ask and I'll show verses that actually say about it.

No. The Scriptures are the Word of God (the Bible).
They are the very words of God for your life.
It is how we get faith.
Without the Bible, you would not have faith in Jesus Christ.
You cannot destroy the very foundation upon which your faith rests upon. Without the Bible, you got nothing. We cannot speak against the faith. The Bible is how we get our faith.

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,192,316.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Like I said, I love the Scripture. It says:

“All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works. (2 Timothy 3:16-17, KJV).” (2 Tim 3:16-17, KJV)

"All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the servant of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work." (2 Tim 3:16-17)

So, I agree, and have always agreed, that "All Scripture is inspired by God." God is giving His Testimony. God is not a man that He should lie, so I believe every word. What He says includes words that are not to be taken as directive, since they are simply an account of what the ungodly have said. Then, there are words that "are spirit and are life." That doesn't lessen the fact that "all Scripture is inspired by God." The Bible isn't any less the Testimony of God about what happened because He included the words of the ungodly. In the sense that The Bible is filled with the Testimony of God, through men, it is "God's Word".

Everything in The Bible is useful for one of the purposes God has mentioned in what we refer to as The Bible or The Scriptures or The Testimony of God to man, but some of it is examples of what we shouldn't do or say.

My only suggestion is that we shouldn't confuse the matter by also calling the Bible "the Word of God", because while I love the Scriptures and believe in the power and authority of the Scriptures and believe they are the Testimony of God, The Bible is much less than the fullness of the Person of The Word of God, Jesus Christ.

No. God can use a story of a person doing bad to instruct you in doing what is good in right. So again, they are the very words of God. Scripture is God breathed. All of it. Not some of it. The Bible is called the HOLY BIBLE and not the holey bible.

God records real life events in the Bible, but God is in control of the lives of those individuals for our learning. Even when they do bad, it is a lesson for us. God is telling us this story by the guidance of the Spirit to let us know more about God and how we are to live and draw closer to GOD.

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,192,316.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Where do you come up with this stuff, nowhere does it say in the bible that the bible is the revelation of God's word.

Yes all scripture is inspired by God, but not everything in our bibles is scripture.

No the bible is NOT scripture no matter how much you want to believe it is.

The bible contains scripture, but that is a far cry from the bible being scripture.

Again, a person has to have a deep spiritual experience with the Word in order to see that the Bible is God's one and holy divine perfect Word for man today. There are also evidences that back up God's Word is divine in origin. I would suggest checking out my blogger article for evidences that back up how the Bible is divine in origin.

Love Branch: Evidences for the Word of God

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,192,316.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Nonsense, I love the KJV because I was raised on it, but it is hardy the perfect word of God.

Try watching some Mike Hoggard.

Granted, I do not agree with everything Mike teaches or says, but his teaching on Biblical numerics in the KJV is amazing and show that it is a book that is divine in origin.

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,192,316.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Where in the Bible does it say that "The Book" is the "Word of God"?

I see where Jesus Christ is the Word of God.
I see where God speaks the Word of God within the Bible.
I can see a declaration of historical facts as considered The Word of God.

But, where does it say that The Bible is the Word of God?

Looking at the name of the thread topic and reading your OP, it is like casting doubt upon whether or not the Bible is God's Word and we should follow it.

Do you think there is another book that is God's Word?
Or do you think we do not have God's Word at all?

So you don't believe the Bible is the Word of God?

I ask these questions because I really dislike it when people attack the Bible and or God's Word (by asking if the Bible is God's Word). Faith comes by hearing and hearing the Word of God.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Zoii

Oct 13, 2016
Australia
✟103,785.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
How can you believe something that you don't believe is necessarily true? How can you act on something that you don't believe? Even muslims believe what they believe and act on it. And we have something greater: The Holy Spirit testifies to our spirit that we are children of God," (Romans 8:16) if we truly are.

Think about what benefit any of the Apostles would have gained by lying? All of them were tortured or killed for their faith. But, unlike people today, they would have known if what they were teaching was a lie. Why would Paul walk away from everything he had going for him to go through what he went through, if Jesus didn't appear to him? Think about what he gave up before you answer that. He was becoming a national hero, trained by the best. He had every reason to NOT CONVERT!

For instance, I believe evolution is a lie. So, I would never believe that somewhere in my family tree was an ape, nor would I act on any of its teachings. I believe what Jesus said was true and I act on what Jesus said. Jesus quoted from or mentioned historical figures from different books. He also validated the Law. He validated the Old Testament Scriptures. The New Testament is God's Testimony about His Son and what happened after His Son through the end of this world.

If you believe God lied or that the humans, whom God gave the message to, got it wrong; How can you believe anything written in the Bible? Can you believe any promise He gives or the end He promises for us, or is your belief just wishful thinking?
It's an essential tenet to my life to understand whats fact and what is faith.

You believe that because it's written it's true. AND just as you said, Muslims believe that because it's written it's true. The Hindus show their documents and believe that therefore what is written must be true.

SO - by logic we come back to my point - You see it occurs to me that not all are correct...or perhaps it is that no-one is correct (totally).... or perhaps it is that everyone is correct (at least in part.

So I say again - Just because it is written doesn't make t true. Just because YOU or a Moslem quote a verse - doesn't make it true.

• Agree
Reactions: timewerx
Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,192,316.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
It's an essential tenet to my life to understand whats fact and what is faith.

You believe that because it's written it's true. AND just as you said, Muslims believe that because it's written it's true. The Hindus show their documents and believe that therefore what is written must be true.

SO - by logic we come back to my point - You see it occurs to me that not all are correct...or perhaps it is that no-one is correct (totally).... or perhaps it is that everyone is correct (at least in part.

So I say again - Just because it is written doesn't make t true. Just because YOU or a Moslem quote a verse - doesn't make it true.

I accepted Jesus as my Savior in 1992. I am curious, when did you accept Jesus as your Savior? What led you to do that? Was it your upbringing or do you think it was GOD actually moving in your life?

Upvote 0

Zoii

Oct 13, 2016
Australia
✟103,785.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I accepted Jesus as my Savior in 1992. I am curious, when did you accept Jesus as your Savior? What led you to do that? Was it your upbringing or do you think it was GOD actually moving in your life?
Now Jason when you argue, you must base it on logic. To go to any person on this site and demand to know personal things such as their upbringing is highly irresponsible of you and against the rules. Stick to the debate.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟299,054.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
You cannot destroy the very foundation upon which your faith rests upon. Without the Bible, you got nothing. We cannot speak against the faith. The Bible is how we get our faith.

That's not said anywhere in the Bible.

You are forgetting what the prophets in the Bible has said. It was the Spirit of God that will be poured. A time is coming that the Words of the Father will be written in the hearts of men and women. A time is coming that this Truth will no longer be preached as men and women will come to know as the Spirit teaches them. That is actually said in the Bible.

The future prophecy is about the Spirit. And personally, that's is my experience.

We are dealing with the unseen. If you keep the reality of the unseen within things you can see, then you will be limited by what you see. The beloved disciple of Christ said, Jesus did many other things and there's not enough books in the world to contain all of them.

Upvote 0

Halbhh

Everything You say is Life to me
Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
catholic -- embracing all Christians
✟1,157,077.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Tuna have higher levels of mercury.
Interesting side note: Tuna have mercury today because of modern industrial effluent and dumping of mercury. Of course, Tuna have vastly more mercury now than they would have in the past. So many verses where I had questions in the past made sense once I've learned more, later in time. But, I've had time to resolve a great many questions already, so many years.

• Informative
Reactions: dqhall
Upvote 0

Halbhh

Everything You say is Life to me
Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
catholic -- embracing all Christians
✟1,157,077.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
e did make a whip of cords to drive out those selling animals for sacrifice and the money changers. Jesus told Peter to put away his sword, for all who live by the sword will die by the sword.

I wonder if this idea this would mean hitting the animals with the whip came up in the last few decades or on the internet.

I grew up on a farm, with horses, cattle, pigs, chickens.

So, I know first hand that people we drive animals typically without ever hitting them. In fact, further, it would stand out as very incompetent to be hitting them.

I often had to bring in or drive the animals into pens or trailers, etc.

I was suppose to have more sense than to hit the animals.

And I learned quick enough, and didn't try to hit them. I didn't want to be incompetent and a bad hand.

Do you have more questions on this?

Upvote 0

dqhall

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2015
Florida
Visit site
✟766,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Interesting side note: Tuna have mercury today because of modern industrial effluent and dumping of mercury. Of course, Tuna have vastly more mercury now than they would have in the past. So many verses where I had questions in the past made sense once I've learned more, later in time. But, I've had time to resolve a great many questions already, so many years.
Tuna have more mercury as they are at the top of the food chain and concentrated mercury from the large quantity of fish they ate. The largest source of mercury in the human body is from mercury-silver amalgam dental fillings. Mercury is a neurotoxin linked to increased incidence of Parkinson's Disease and other neurological disorders. People can excrete mercury from their bodies. Some people can not excrete mercury as well and are more susceptible to ill effects.

• Agree
Reactions: Halbhh
Upvote 0

Johnny4ChristJesus

Site Supporter
Oct 27, 2017
Falcon
✟164,968.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
How do you know about the truth that says that the Holy Spirit will lead you into all truth?

It's the Bible!!!!

You wouldn't know about that truth if it was not for your Bible.

So you are refuting yourself.

The revelation of God's Word the Bible is something that is spiritualy discerned. If you don't know the Bible is God's Word than I would say that there is a major problem with your spiritual compass.

Faith comes by hearing and hearing the Word of God.
All Scripture is given by inspiration of God.
The Bible is Scripture and no other book is like the Bible.
It is backed up by many evidences that

No. There is a Bible that is perfect and not corrupted. The 1769 KJV is without error and is the perfect Word of God for our day. I use Modern Translations as a guide to help update the 1600's English, but it can be shown that it is divine in origin.

Jason, I haven't followed all of this conversation, but it isn't "the Bible" that tells me that the Holy Spirit wlll lead me into all Truth. It is Jesus words found within the Bible that tell me that. There is a difference.

I, too, hold The Scriptures contained in The Bible in high esteem. I don't belittle The Bible at all, because God used the Scriptures contained in the New Testament (audio version) to wake me up, largely despite the church I went to. Some of the information includes the errors of others, including the devil. I would not consider the lies to be "words of life", but God's full and honest testimony about something. It is God's Word only in the sense of it being His Testimony about what happened.

Scripture being given by the inspiration of God (or God-breathed) is not the same thing as The Word of God. Even the Scriptures within the Bible make that distinction.

So why do you say that the 1769 KJV is without error and the 1611 KJV is? Did they have to fix errors in the 1st translation? I believe God divinely-inspired the originals. I believe originals were copied meticulously. I believe there can be errors in any translation and I have to be willing to listen to the Holy Spirit to bring those to my attention. He does.

• Agree
Reactions: Hillsage
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,192,316.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
That's not said anywhere in the Bible.

You are forgetting what the prophets in the Bible has said. It was the Spirit of God that will be poured. A time is coming that the Words of the Father will be written in the hearts of men and women. A time is coming that this Truth will no longer be preached as men and women will come to know as the Spirit teaches them. That is actually said in the Bible.

The future prophecy is about the Spirit. And personally, that's is my experience.

We are dealing with the unseen. If you keep the reality of the unseen within things you can see, then you will be limited by what you see. The beloved disciple of Christ said, Jesus did many other things and there's not enough books in the world to contain all of them.

First, you gave a "like" to somebody who is by all respects agnostic because they are against the idea of accepting Jesus as their Savior. Your "like" on their post was in favor of their doubt in which religion is true. Do you doubt which religion is true? Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life (John 14:6). Second, you don't need a rock to hit you on the head to figure out that rocks hurt if they were to hit your head. The Bible does not need to refer to itself as the Bible within it's pages for it to be the Bible or the divinely inspired Word of God. First, any person who has been truly transformed by the Spirit knows that the Bible is the Word of God. Two, there are many evidences that show us that the Bible is divine in origin and is indeed the Holy written Word of God.

Check out my Blogger Article here to see evidences that prove the Bible is divine and is unlike any other book in human history:

Love Branch: Evidences for the Word of God

Oh, and just because one day in the Millennium men will have the Word written in their hearts does not mean that God's Word will not be written down somewhere also. You need to produce a verse or passage that says no written Word of any kind will exist in the future. On the contrary, Scripture says that God's Word is forever settled in Heaven. So for a complete copy of God's Word, we would have to go to Heaven to read it. But if you reject the Bible as how we get our faith, then what are you basing your faith upon? Feelings? An emotion? Again, you got nothing if you don't have the Bible.

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,192,316.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Jason, I haven't followed all of this conversation, but it isn't "the Bible" that tells me that the Holy Spirit wlll lead me into all Truth. It is Jesus words found within the Bible that tell me that. There is a difference.

I, too, hold The Scriptures contained in The Bible in high esteem. I don't belittle The Bible at all, because God used the Scriptures contained in the New Testament (audio version) to wake me up, largely despite the church I went to. Some of the information includes the errors of others, including the devil. I would not consider the lies to be "words of life", but God's full and honest testimony about something. It is God's Word only in the sense of it being His Testimony about what happened.

Scripture being given by the inspiration of God (or God-breathed) is not the same thing as The Word of God. Even the Scriptures within the Bible make that distinction.

So why do you say that the 1769 KJV is without error and the 1611 KJV is? Did they have to fix errors in the 1st translation? I believe God divinely-inspired the originals. I believe originals were copied meticulously. I believe there can be errors in any translation and I have to be willing to listen to the Holy Spirit to bring those to my attention. He does.

If God retells a story from history, are these not the words of God?
Yes, or no?
Also, if God is in control of history and men's lives (and He is), then God places within His Word lessons as a part of those who obey and disobey by what He says in Scripture. The real life stories are lessons for our instruction and learning. In other words, have you not read a parable before? Some stories in the BIble are like a parable. They are God breathed life stories to teach us something to draw closer to God. So no. Every word of God. Every word of God. Every word of God in the Bible is the word of God. Not some. All the words in the Bible are the very words of God because they are ALL God breathed. For how did Moses know about Adam's story? How did John know the Revelation of the future? GOD. The answer is GOD. That book (the 66 scrolls that would make up up one book one day known as the Bible). The Bible that you say does not contain all of God's words DOES in fact contain ALL of the very words of God. A retelling of a story by GOD are the words of GOD. If I retell a story, they are my words retelling a story. They are my words.

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,192,316.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Tuna have more mercury as they are at the top of the food chain and concentrated mercury from the large quantity of fish they ate. The largest source of mercury in the human body is from mercury-silver amalgam dental fillings. Mercury is a neurotoxin linked to increased incidence of Parkinson's Disease and other neurological disorders. People can excrete mercury from their bodies. Some people can not excrete mercury as well and are more susceptible to ill effects.

Speaking of fish:

Jesus says,
"Follow me, and I will make you fishers of men" (Matthew 4:19).

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,192,316.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I, too, hold The Scriptures contained in The Bible in high esteem. I don't belittle The Bible at all,

Sorry. You are belittling the Bible. You are saying that not all words in your Bible are the words of God even though the Bible says that they are all God breathed. You are also attacking the KJV, as well.

You said:

Uh, if God tells you to take off your shoes because you are standing on holy ground are you going to argue with Him that the ground is not holy? This is what you are trying to do with the HOLY BIBLE. You are arguing against trying to say that something God breathed is not in any way effected. You are basically saying that the words "HOLY Bible" on the cover of your Bible is not entirely true. Sorry. There is no verse that you mention that backs up what you are saying here and it is illogical. GOD's Word is God breathed. If God breathes on something in a special way, that means it is His (Just like how God can make ground holy).

You said:
So why do you say that the 1769 KJV is without error and the 1611 KJV is? Did they have to fix errors in the 1st translation?

There was no standarization in spelling in the English language yet at the time of 1611. They also did not perfect the printing process, either. When both these things came to be standardized, God's Word was preserved in the 1769 KJV version. Before that time, God's Word perfectly existed in the Latin language (i.e. not the corrupt Latin Vulgate from Rome).

You said:
I believe God divinely-inspired the originals. I believe originals were copied meticulously. I believe there can be errors in any translation and I have to be willing to listen to the Holy Spirit to bring those to my attention. He does.

No. Heaven and Earth shall pass away but my words shall not pass away. GOD is never going to make you doubt His true words. You cannot determine what is God's Word and what is not God's Word. That is like making up your own Bible. How do you really know you are being led by God when you determine when something should or should not be in your Bible? That to me is like cheating. If I don't like something in the Bible, I suppose I can just change it, right? That is what it sounds like to me.

Upvote 0

steve78

Jan 18, 2011
✟18,341.00
Faith
Salvation Army
Marital Status
Married
Where in the Bible does it say that "The Book" is the "Word of God"?

I see where Jesus Christ is the Word of God.
I see where God speaks the Word of God within the Bible.
I can see a declaration of historical facts as considered The Word of God.

But, where does it say that The Bible is the Word of God?

The problem i see with the bible is that it was written by sinful men and not God. So actually it written under the insperation of God and not 100% literal.

Another problem is that there is nobody alive who i can speak to and verify that what is recorded is accurate.

Take the Gospels out of the new testament and the rest of it baring revelation is nothing but early christian's writing letters to each other.

Upvote 0