Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I decide to make this it's own post since I have seen so many questions about this and didn't want to be bouncing everywhere to try and answer them. This is a conversation that requires vigilance, and study. My post is not a quick read through, more like a bible study. Even tho I will do my best to outline my stance, however, independent study will be required. First I would like to build the premises, and an understanding of what I believe to be biblical truth. There is FAR too much to put into a post that I can hope will actually get read; so I will try to be concise as possible. But I fear a lot will just scroll through or just ignore this.

The 10 toes found in Daniel 2:31-45

1. The Saxons (English).
  2. The Franks (French)
  3. The Alamanni (Germanic)
  4. The Visigoths (Spain)
  5. The Suevi (Portuguese)
  6. The Lombards (Italian)
  7. The Burgundians (Swiss)
  8. The Heruli (Extinct: 439 AD)
  9. The Vandals (Extinct: 534 AD)
  10. The Ostrogoths (Extinct: 538 AD)
The Heruli, the Vandals, And the Ostrogoths were successfully subdued by the Papacy, fulfilling the prophecy of Daniel 7:24 And the ten horns out of this kingdom are ten kings that shall arise: and another shall rise after them; and he shall be diverse from the first, and he shall subdue three kings.

In Daniel chapter 7, even more detail is given about these beasts. The highlight are what are going to be focused on. The first was like a lion. The second like a bear, and the third like a leopard. And a fourth beast the had great iron teeth. These also represent the kingdoms, or nations of Babylon, Medo-Persia, Greece, and Rome. Keep in mind in the time that Revelations was written Rome was ruling.

Rev 13:1 And I stood upon the sand of the sea, and saw a beast rise up out of the sea, having seven heads and ten horns, and upon his horns ten crowns, and upon his heads the name of blasphemy.

Rev 13:2 And the beast which I saw was like unto a leopard, and his feet were as the feet of a bear, and his mouth as the mouth of a lion: and the dragon gave him his power, and his seat, and great authority.

Interesting.... The beast in Revelation is made up form parts of the beasts in Daniel. This meant, the described beast, would have the most vile characteristics of the 3 beasts before it.

1. The leopard. Greece.

2. The bear. Medo-Persia.

3. The lion. Babylon. It is interesting to note that this beast has the mouth of a lion since King Nebuchadnezzar was the first to force the speech of blasphemy, and the worship of a false idol.
Now let's look at Rev 17:3: So he carried me away in the spirit into the wilderness: and I saw a woman sit upon a scarlet coloured beast, full of names of blasphemy, having seven heads and ten horns.

So if you scroll up and re-read Rev 31:1 again, you will see that this is the same beast having 7 heads, and 10 horns, and Daniel 7 still applies. You will also notice in Rev 17: that a woman sits upon a beast. So in biblical prophecy what is a woman? What is a beast?

Let's take a look....

OK, well let's go back to Daniel 7.

Dan 7:3 And four great beasts came up from the sea, diverse one from another.

Dan 7:17 These great beasts, which are four, are four kings, which shall arise out of the earth.

Dan 7:23 Thus he said, The fourth beast shall be the fourth kingdom upon earth, which shall be diverse from all kingdoms, and shall devour the whole earth, and shall tread it down, and break it in pieces.

So this establishes that a beast is a kingdom, or nation. This is stating that a woman is going to be part of, or joining a nation. Also we need to understand that this nation will be diverse, or completely different from any other nation in the world. So now what is a woman in prophecy?

Jer 6:2 I have likened the daughter of Zion to a comely and delicate woman.

2Co 11:2 For I am jealous over you with godly jealousy: for I have espoused you to one husband, that I may present you as a chaste virgin to Christ.

So the church of Christ is presented as Christ's bride. (woman) This is how we come to the knowledge that a woman in prophecy is a church.

So what we are looking for is a church that becomes/joins a sovereign nation. The Vatican city is the only church in the world that is a sovereign nation. (diverse) Not just a religion, it is a recognized nation, and the Pope is it's geopolitical leader, not unlike any other President, ruler, or Prime minister. This is the only church ever that has become a nation, and is not a nation, that just has a church. The religion itself is the authority.

Lets rehash Dan 7:23 posted above. Also as written above this fourth King has to have subdued 3 kings. As established, The Heruli, The Vandals, and The Ostrogoths were subdued by the papacy. (This is one of those times some independent research is required if you doubt the validity to the papacy's involvement to the fulfillment of this prophecy)

Now let's look at Rev 13:1 and we will see this beast has 7 heads... well what does that mean? We find that in:

Rev 17:9 And here is the mind which hath wisdom. The seven heads are seven mountains, on which the woman sitteth. So we have 7 mountains, or hills the church nation sits upon.

The ancient city of Rome was originally built on the topographical layout of seven separate hills. These seven hills were joined together by the ancient walls of Rome- the Servian walls. The Seven Hills of Rome lie in the east to the Tiber River. Later many more areas were annexed to the city. The city walls were extended to include them also and the city is now much bigger than its original territory. The Vatican and Vatican hill are included in the Areas that were added to the city much later in history.

The seven hills are, namely:

The Quirinal Hill
The Aventine Hill
The Caelian Hill
The Viminal Hill
The Capitoline Hill
The Esquiline Hill
The Palatine Hill

http://www.vatican.com/articles/rome/the_seven_hills_of_rome-a4131

Now in Rev 13 we have even greater detail that proves yet again the beast is the Vatican.

Rev 13:3 And I saw one of his heads as it were wounded to death; and his deadly wound was healed: and all the world wondered after the beast.

This points to the downfall of the papacy in 1798 when Napoleon marched in under the command of General Berthier, and captured the Pope bringing him to France. This completely brought to an end a sovereign church nation, when a secular government was established. A mortal wound to the Vatican.

Rev 17:8 The beast that thou sawest was, and is not; and shall ascend out of the bottomless pit, and go into perdition: and they that dwell on the earth shall wonder, whose names were not written in the book of life from the foundation of the world, when they behold the beast that was, and is not, and yet is.

1. Was: this beast will have been in power at one time.

2. The Vatican became a church nation, when Vigilus ascended the Papal chair in 538 AD under the military protection of Belisarius. -History of the Christian Church,vol 3, pg 327.

3. Is not: this beast will lose it's power. The wounded head 1798.
  4. Yet is: This beast regains its power. July 7, 1929 the Pope regains authority from Italy. Lateran Concordat of 1929 - Papal Wound Healed! ROME, Feb. 11.--The Pope is again an independent sovereign ruler, as he was throughout the Middle Ages, though his temporal realm, established today, is the most microscopic independent State in the world, and probably the smallest in all history. — THE NEW YORK TIMES, Tuesday, February 12, 1929. It is amazing to read how excited the world was that the Papacy's wound was healed. They were amazed, and so happy to see it "restored to health" just like Rev 13:3.
So in summation, the vatican:

1. Was a church nation 538-1798

2. Is not a church nation 1798-1929

3. Yet is a church nation 1929-current day
This fulfills the prophecy of Rev 17:8.

Rev 13:5 And there was given unto him a mouth speaking great things and blasphemies; and power was given unto him to continue forty and two months.

In prophecy a day= a year. Numbers 14:34, Ezekiel 4:6.

A biblical month =30 days, so the prophetic equation is 42 X 30 = 1260 years. (also see Dan 7:25, and Rev 12:6 to confirm the 1260 years)

Rev 13:6 And he opened his mouth in blasphemy against God, to blaspheme his name, and his tabernacle, and them that dwell in heaven.

Rev 13:7 And it was given unto him to make war with the saints, and to overcome them: and power was given him over all kindreds, and tongues, and nations.

1798 AD – 538 AD = 1260 years fulfilling Rev 13:7 by the timeline presented in Rev 13:5. And again, the Vatican fits the criteria to fulfill this prophecy.

So here we have the beast: The Vatican.

I believe a pope will be antichrist.

I can get into further detail later but consider this. Every single official name of the Popes office equals 666. Sit down with Roman numerals and count it up yourselves by using the Latin terms.

VICARIVS FILII DEI: VICAR OF THE SON OF GOD.

V I C A R I V S

5+ 1 +100 +0 +0 +1 +5 +0= 112

F I L I I

0 +1 +50 +1 +1= 53

D E I

500 +0 +1= 501

112+53+501=666

Last edited:

LostMarbels

All-Lives-Matter
Jun 18, 2011
Orlando Fl
✟173,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
As stated in the op: Every official title of the pope = 666.

LVDOVICVS ... translated means Vicar of the Court
50+5+500+0+5+1+100+5+0=666
DVX CLERI ... translated means Captain of the Clergy
500+5+10+100+50+0+0+1=666
REX LATINVS SACERDO... King of the roman/latin priests
0+0+10+50+0+0+1+0+5+0+0+0+100+0+0+500+0+0=666
SANCTA LVX DEI... Holy light of God
0+0+0+100+0+0+50+5+10+500+0+1=666

Upvote 0

LostMarbels

All-Lives-Matter
Jun 18, 2011
Orlando Fl
✟173,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
"Of course the Catholic Church claims that the change from (Saturday sabbath to sunday) was her act... And THE ACT IS A MARK of her authority in religious things"
-H.F. Thomas, Chancellor of Cardinal gibbons, Nov 11th, 1895

"But you may read the Bible from Genesis to Revelation, and you will not find a single line authorizing the sanctification of Sunday. The Scriptures enforce the religious observance of Saturday, a day which we never sanctify."
-James Cardinal Gibbons, The Faith of our Fathers, 88th ed., pp. 89.

"Sunday is our mark of authority.... the church is above the bible, and this transference of sabbath observance is proof of that fact."
-Catholic record of london, Ontario Sept 1st 1923.

You can find some of the books I copy past form in referance for free at: http://www.e-sword.net/ Just download them and install them into your Esword bible program. It's free.

Another good reference:
http://www.biblesabbath.org/confessions.html

So is keeping the sunday sabbath in observance the mark of the beast? Or maybe going along as you are ordered to worship by the church as it was in medieval times? Simply giving into the church to worship falsely may be the mark. I will get into this deeper. I am however realy hoping to dig in with some mind blowing pastoral level study here. Im pre writing in word so I can paste it here.

Upvote 0

LostMarbels

All-Lives-Matter
Jun 18, 2011
Orlando Fl
✟173,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I also think it is relevant to include 2 Thessalonians 2:3-4. The word for temple (naos) is always used by Paul to refer to the Church.
Can you help me here? My brain is in a completely differnt gear right now, and I think I may be completely missing what you are telling me. If you understand my meaning... . I'm so focused on my current track Im looking at your post like toolman taylor going Huuuh? Would you mind explaining what you mean, and how it applies to the conversation? Thanks.

Upvote 0

ken777

"to live is Christ, and to die is gain"
Aug 6, 2007
Australia
✟48,308.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Can you help me here? My brain is in a completely differnt gear right now, and I think I may be completely missing what you are telling me. If you understand my meaning... . I'm so focused on my current track Im looking at your post like toolman taylor going Huuuh? Would you mind explaining what you mean, and how it applies to the conversation? Thanks.
Many people have suggested that the Beast is only a political figure but 2 Thessalonians 2:3-4 indicate there is coming one who "sits in the temple of God".

I do not believe it is a literal temple because that goes against Paul's every other use of the word "naos" (temple). Paul uses it only for the Church.

If the Beast is the papacy, then this fits very well.

• Agree
Reactions: LostMarbels
Upvote 0

LostMarbels

All-Lives-Matter
Jun 18, 2011
Orlando Fl
✟173,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Many people have suggested that the Beast is only a political figure but 2 Thessalonians 2:3-4 indicate there is coming one who "sits in the temple of God".

I do not believe it is a literal temple because that goes against Paul's every other use of the word "naos" (temple). Paul uses it only for the Church.

If the Beast is the papacy, then this fits very well.

I believe the antichrist would have to have world wide politically religious authority. If he is going to control a worldwide religion, he most assuredly would have to be a world leader that is recognised as the authority of religion. This individual would also require the geopolitical reach, and military might to enforce his rule. A truly powerful man, that all the world asks permission of before they act against the church.

That sounds familiar to me. Very familiar.

I would also like to point out that our current pope has made a throne for himself, not just some pretty red chair, with gold inlays. Also a simple google search can reveal many blasphemies he has already said. Mary is the mother of us all, Jesus had to ask forgiveness of his parents for his behavior, fundamentalism is heresy, a personal relationship with Jesus is a lie... and so on.

Upvote 0

Douggg

anytime rapture, non-dispensationalist, futurist
May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,894.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I decide to make this it's own post since I have seen so many questions about this and didn't want to be bouncing everywhere to try and answer them. This is a conversation that requires vigilance, and study. My post is not a quick read through, more like a bible study. Even tho I will do my best to outline my stance, however, independent study will be required. First I would like to build the premises, and an understanding of what I believe to be biblical truth. There is FAR too much to put into a post that I can hope will actually get read; so I will try to be concise as possible. But I fear a lot will just scroll through or just ignore this.

The 10 toes found in Daniel 2:31-45

1. The Saxons (English).
  2. The Franks (French)
  3. The Alamanni (Germanic)
  4. The Visigoths (Spain)
  5. The Suevi (Portuguese)
  6. The Lombards (Italian)
  7. The Burgundians (Swiss)
  8. The Heruli (Extinct: 439 AD)
  9. The Vandals (Extinct: 534 AD)
  10. The Ostrogoths (Extinct: 538 AD)
The Heruli, the Vandals, And the Ostrogoths were successfully subdued by the Papacy, fulfilling the prophecy of Daniel 7:24 And the ten horns out of this kingdom are ten kings that shall arise: and another shall rise after them; and he shall be diverse from the first, and he shall subdue three kings.

In Daniel chapter 7, even more detail is given about these beasts. The highlight are what are going to be focused on. The first was like a lion. The second like a bear, and the third like a leopard. And a fourth beast the had great iron teeth. These also represent the kingdoms, or nations of Babylon, Medo-Persia, Greece, and Rome. Keep in mind in the time that Revelations was written Rome was ruling.

Rev 13:1 And I stood upon the sand of the sea, and saw a beast rise up out of the sea, having seven heads and ten horns, and upon his horns ten crowns, and upon his heads the name of blasphemy.

Rev 13:2 And the beast which I saw was like unto a leopard, and his feet were as the feet of a bear, and his mouth as the mouth of a lion: and the dragon gave him his power, and his seat, and great authority.

Interesting.... The beast in Revelation is made up form parts of the beasts in Daniel. This meant, the described beast, would have the most vile characteristics of the 3 beasts before it.

1. The leopard. Greece.

2. The bear. Medo-Persia.

3. The lion. Babylon. It is interesting to note that this beast has the mouth of a lion since King Nebuchadnezzar was the first to force the speech of blasphemy, and the worship of a false idol.
Now let's look at Rev 17:3: So he carried me away in the spirit into the wilderness: and I saw a woman sit upon a scarlet coloured beast, full of names of blasphemy, having seven heads and ten horns.

So if you scroll up and re-read Rev 31:1 again, you will see that this is the same beast having 7 heads, and 10 horns, and Daniel 7 still applies. You will also notice in Rev 17: that a woman sits upon a beast. So in biblical prophecy what is a woman? What is a beast?

Let's take a look....

OK, well let's go back to Daniel 7.

Dan 7:3 And four great beasts came up from the sea, diverse one from another.

Dan 7:17 These great beasts, which are four, are four kings, which shall arise out of the earth.

Dan 7:23 Thus he said, The fourth beast shall be the fourth kingdom upon earth, which shall be diverse from all kingdoms, and shall devour the whole earth, and shall tread it down, and break it in pieces.

So this establishes that a beast is a kingdom, or nation. This is stating that a woman is going to be part of, or joining a nation. Also we need to understand that this nation will be diverse, or completely different from any other nation in the world. So now what is a woman in prophecy?

Jer 6:2 I have likened the daughter of Zion to a comely and delicate woman.

2Co 11:2 For I am jealous over you with godly jealousy: for I have espoused you to one husband, that I may present you as a chaste virgin to Christ.

So the church of Christ is presented as Christ's bride. (woman) This is how we come to the knowledge that a woman in prophecy is a church.

So what we are looking for is a church that becomes/joins a sovereign nation. The Vatican city is the only church in the world that is a sovereign nation. (diverse) Not just a religion, it is a recognized nation, and the Pope is it's geopolitical leader, not unlike any other President, ruler, or Prime minister. This is the only church ever that has become a nation, and is not a nation, that just has a church. The religion itself is the authority.

Lets rehash Dan 7:23 posted above. Also as written above this fourth King has to have subdued 3 kings. As established, The Heruli, The Vandals, and The Ostrogoths were subdued by the papacy. (This is one of those times some independent research is required if you doubt the validity to the papacy's involvement to the fulfillment of this prophecy)

Now let's look at Rev 13:1 and we will see this beast has 7 heads... well what does that mean? We find that in:

Rev 17:9 And here is the mind which hath wisdom. The seven heads are seven mountains, on which the woman sitteth. So we have 7 mountains, or hills the church nation sits upon.

The ancient city of Rome was originally built on the topographical layout of seven separate hills. These seven hills were joined together by the ancient walls of Rome- the Servian walls. The Seven Hills of Rome lie in the east to the Tiber River. Later many more areas were annexed to the city. The city walls were extended to include them also and the city is now much bigger than its original territory. The Vatican and Vatican hill are included in the Areas that were added to the city much later in history.

The seven hills are, namely:

The Quirinal Hill
The Aventine Hill
The Caelian Hill
The Viminal Hill
The Capitoline Hill
The Esquiline Hill
The Palatine Hill

http://www.vatican.com/articles/rome/the_seven_hills_of_rome-a4131

Now in Rev 13 we have even greater detail that proves yet again the beast is the Vatican.

Rev 13:3 And I saw one of his heads as it were wounded to death; and his deadly wound was healed: and all the world wondered after the beast.

This points to the downfall of the papacy in 1798 when Napoleon marched in under the command of General Berthier, and captured the Pope bringing him to France. This completely brought to an end a sovereign church nation, when a secular government was established. A mortal wound to the Vatican.

Rev 17:8 The beast that thou sawest was, and is not; and shall ascend out of the bottomless pit, and go into perdition: and they that dwell on the earth shall wonder, whose names were not written in the book of life from the foundation of the world, when they behold the beast that was, and is not, and yet is.

1. Was: this beast will have been in power at one time.

2. The Vatican became a church nation, when Vigilus ascended the Papal chair in 538 AD under the military protection of Belisarius. -History of the Christian Church,vol 3, pg 327.

3. Is not: this beast will lose it's power. The wounded head 1798.
  4. Yet is: This beast regains its power. July 7, 1929 the Pope regains authority from Italy. Lateran Concordat of 1929 - Papal Wound Healed! ROME, Feb. 11.--The Pope is again an independent sovereign ruler, as he was throughout the Middle Ages, though his temporal realm, established today, is the most microscopic independent State in the world, and probably the smallest in all history. — THE NEW YORK TIMES, Tuesday, February 12, 1929. It is amazing to read how excited the world was that the Papacy's wound was healed. They were amazed, and so happy to see it "restored to health" just like Rev 13:3.
So in summation, the vatican:

1. Was a church nation 538-1798

2. Is not a church nation 1798-1929

3. Yet is a church nation 1929-current day
This fulfills the prophecy of Rev 17:8.

Rev 13:5 And there was given unto him a mouth speaking great things and blasphemies; and power was given unto him to continue forty and two months.

In prophecy a day= a year. Numbers 14:34, Ezekiel 4:6.

A biblical month =30 days, so the prophetic equation is 42 X 30 = 1260 years. (also see Dan 7:25, and Rev 12:6 to confirm the 1260 years)

Rev 13:6 And he opened his mouth in blasphemy against God, to blaspheme his name, and his tabernacle, and them that dwell in heaven.

Rev 13:7 And it was given unto him to make war with the saints, and to overcome them: and power was given him over all kindreds, and tongues, and nations.

1798 AD – 538 AD = 1260 years fulfilling Rev 13:7 by the timeline presented in Rev 13:5. And again, the Vatican fits the criteria to fulfill this prophecy.

So here we have the beast: The Vatican.

THE (thee, not thuh) AntiChrist is the current Pope. This is my first time pointing at someone specific. I may be flat out wrong, yet I am convinced he fits the bill. I have believed other where AN antichrist, but that isn't what I am stating here.

I can get into further detail later but consider this. Every single official name of the Popes office equals 666. Sit down with Roman numerals and count it up yourselves by using the Latin terms.

VICARIVS FILII DEI: VICAR OF THE SON OF GOD.

V I C A R I V S

5+ 1 +100 +0 +0 +1 +5 +0= 112

F I L I I

0 +1 +50 +1 +1= 53

D E I

500 +0 +1= 501

112+53+501=666
Hi LostMarbles, in Daniel 9:27, he confirms the covenant with many for one week. Is the week 7 years or not? The answer is it is 7 years, because the other 69 weeks have to be 7 years to work out to the messiah being cutoff as being Jesus.

Revelation 6-16, each the chapters are based upon that 7 years. Some of the chapters the full seven years. Some of the chapters half of the seven years.

Revelation 13 is based on half of the seven years.
Revelation 12 is based on the full seven years.

So your analysis of the mortally wounded and come back to life head in Chapter 13 - as being historically the RCC/Papacy, doesn't fit. That particular head, the person, is killed and brought back to life right before the last 42 months begin. That particular fulfillment is still future. All of Revelation 13 is future of us.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

Okay, you still have to address not just the heads and horn - but why the crowns/ no crowns are on the heads and horns - differently in Revelation 17, 12, 13.

I will give you a hint - it has to do with the status of the beast - in Revelation 17, the first century; in Revelation 12 the end times, with the 7years in that chapter; in Revelation 13 - the last 42 months. Think about where the beast is physically located according at those particular points of time.

Upvote 0

LostMarbels

All-Lives-Matter
Jun 18, 2011
Orlando Fl
✟173,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
What?

Not following at all. I do not see how your response has anything to do with what I presented.

an 9:24 Seventy weeks are determined upon thy people and upon thy holy city, to finish the transgression, and to make an end of sins, and to make reconciliation for iniquity, and to bring in everlasting righteousness, and to seal up the vision and prophecy, and to anoint the most Holy.
Dan 9:25 Know therefore and understand, that from the going forth of the commandment to restore and to build Jerusalem unto the Messiah the Prince shall be seven weeks, and threescore and two weeks: the street shall be built again, and the wall, even in troublous times.
Dan 9:26 And after threescore and two weeks shall Messiah be cut off, but not for himself: and the people of the prince that shall come shall destroy the city and the sanctuary; and the end thereof shall be with a flood, and unto the end of the war desolations are determined.
Dan 9:27 And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate.

Reactions: Ken Rank
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

LostMarbels

All-Lives-Matter
Jun 18, 2011
Orlando Fl
✟173,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
the antichrist denies the Father and the Son
-
that is what the bible says

Yes that is true... Is there a question to that? You looking for specifics?

Unfortunately regardless of any evidence I may have I cannot discuss that on this forum.

• Do not refer to specific religious leaders (alive or deceased) as the antichrist, the beast, or the false prophet.

Upvote 0

Douggg

anytime rapture, non-dispensationalist, futurist
May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,894.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
What?

Not following at all. I do not see how your response has anything to do with what I presented.

an 9:24 Seventy weeks are determined upon thy people and upon thy holy city, to finish the transgression, and to make an end of sins, and to make reconciliation for iniquity, and to bring in everlasting righteousness, and to seal up the vision and prophecy, and to anoint the most Holy.
Dan 9:25 Know therefore and understand, that from the going forth of the commandment to restore and to build Jerusalem unto the Messiah the Prince shall be seven weeks, and threescore and two weeks: the street shall be built again, and the wall, even in troublous times.
Dan 9:26 And after threescore and two weeks shall Messiah be cut off, but not for himself: and the people of the prince that shall come shall destroy the city and the sanctuary; and the end thereof shall be with a flood, and unto the end of the war desolations are determined.
Dan 9:27 And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate.
You named the ten kings as historic kings (the Saxons, the Franks, the Alamanni, the Visigoths....). But the ten horns representing the ten kings do not have their crowns until in Revelation 13.

Revelation 13 is timed when there are 42 months left in the 70th week of Daniel 9. Those 42 months are still future of us - as are the ten kings.

The mortally wounded head is also still future of us.

You had also written,

No, that is not correct regarding the 1260 days in Revelation 12:6 and Revelation 11:3. It is days not days as years..... because Revelation 6-16 is structural to be about the 70th week of Daniel 9 - which is 7 years.

The 1260 days in Revelation is half of the 70th week of years.... that is, half of 7 years.

____________________________________________________________ Revelation is structured for the most part (in blue) to correspond to the 70th week of years (7 years) of Daniel 9.

Revealing of the seven years the seals, seals 1-6 chapter 6

Revealing of the trumpet judgments, second half of the seven years chapter 7, chapter 8, chapter 9

Revealing of the seven years according to the little book chapter 10, chapter 11

Revealing of the seven years relevant to Israel chapter 12

Revealing of the second half of the seven years after the two witnesses are gone chapter 13, chapter 14

Revealing of the bowls of wrath during the second half of the seven years chapter 15, chapter 16

Revealing of the woman and the beast, and the mystery of the heads and horns chapter 17

Revealing of the judgement on Babylon the great
chapter 18

Revealing of the Lord Jesus Christ's return to earth chapter 19, chapter 20

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LostMarbels

All-Lives-Matter
Jun 18, 2011
Orlando Fl
✟173,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
You named the ten kings as historic kings. But the ten horns representing the ten kings do not have their crowns until in Revelation 13.

That is because it is my understand that the 10 horns are differnt nations then in the past. For example, America, Russia, and the like do not exist in the time period written.

Revelation 13 is timed when there are 42 months left in the 70th week of Daniel 9. Those 42 months are still future of us - as are the ten kings.

Ok, if I am wrong please teach me why. I would like to know your biblical references, as I have provide for my stance, for you to substantiate your position. Why does Rev 13 being timed for 42 months have to do what I stated? How? What scriptural reference?

What do you believe to be the head, and what is your biblical reference?

Upvote 0

miamited

Ted
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2010
Seneca SC
✟705,807.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi LM,

Good study. Certainly worth considering. I'd never seen the presentation of the 1,260 days as being the period of the first inception of the vatican city. Certainly worth considering.

Personally, I've always seen the Catholic organization as anathema to God merely based on its teachings and practices. However, some of your argument does help to confirm that position.

God bless you,
In Christ, Ted.

Upvote 0

Original Happy Camper

One of GODS Children I am a historicist
Site Supporter
Mar 19, 2016
Alabama
✟486,806.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married

Could this be do to the fact that the counter revolution teaching brought forth by a Jesuit priest named Ribera (to divert attention from the protesters view), then expounded on by Darby and finally published in mass quantity by Schofield, to substitute the antichrist into a messianic prophecy, ie the last week of the 70 week prophecy of Daniel 9.

Remember the futuristic teaching is a RCC teaching.

As support for this I offer Wikipedia quote:
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Francisco de Ribera
Francisco Ribera (1537–1591) was a Spanish Jesuit theologian, identified with the Futurist Christian eschatological view
Apocalypse commentary

In order to remove the papacy of the Catholic Church from consideration as the Antichrist (as an act of countering the Protestant Reformation)[citation needed], Ribera began writing a lengthy (500 page) commentary in 1585 on the Book of Revelation (Apocalypse) titled In Sacrum Beati Ioannis Apostoli, & Evangelistiae Apocalypsin Commentarij, proposing that the first few chapters of the Apocalypse apply to ancient pagan Rome, and the rest he limited to a yet future period of 3½ literal years, immediately prior to the second coming. During that time, the Roman Catholic Church would have fallen away from the pope into apostasy because of the Reformation cry stating that "the papacy is the seat of the true and real Antichrist." (Martin Luther, Aug. 18, 1520). Then, he proposed, the Antichrist, a single individual, would:

• Persecute and blaspheme the saints of God
  • Rebuild the temple in Jerusalem
  • Abolish the Christian religion
  • Deny Jesus Christ
  • Destroy Rome
  • Be received by the Jews
  • Pretend to be God
  • Kill the two witnesses of God
  • Conquer the world.
To accomplish this, Ribera proposed that the 1260 days and 42 months and 3½ times of prophecy were not 1260 years as based on the year-day principle (Numbers14:34 and Ezekiel 4:6), but a literal 3½ years, hence preventing the arrival of the deduction of (i) the 1260 years.

Is this your understanding of prophecy Douggg?

Reactions: LostMarbels
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

LostMarbels

All-Lives-Matter
Jun 18, 2011
Orlando Fl
✟173,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Hi LM,

Good study. Certainly worth considering. I'd never seen the presentation of the 1,260 days as being the period of the first inception of the vatican city. Certainly worth considering.

Personally, I've always seen the Catholic organization as anathema to God merely based on its teachings and practices. However, some of your argument does help to confirm that position.

God bless you,
In Christ, Ted.

I have always boiled it down to just the amenity between God, and the world. Jesus said a house cannot stand divided, so it stands to reason the killing of christians by christians, cannot be an act of the christian church.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

miamited

Ted
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2010
Seneca SC
✟705,807.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi dougg,

Here, I believe, are the references made in the Scriptures to the mortal wound of the head and its being healed from Revelation 13.

One of the heads of the beast seemed to have had a fatal wound, but the fatal wound had been healed. The whole world was filled with wonder and followed the beast.

It exercised all the authority of the first beast on its behalf, and made the earth and its inhabitants worship the first beast, whose fatal wound had been healed.

I don't find any evidence that would cause the reader to believe that either the mortal wound or the healing must necessarily actually take place in the last days. From what I gather, all we are told is that at some point the head 'had' a mortal wound and that the wound 'had been' healed. Both of these references, for me, would indicate that these things had happened previous to the day that the account is actually speaking of when the beast is said to rise up, but how long ago in the past isn't actually ever referenced.

In this case that LM is making, the beast is not a person, but an entity. So, this wound and healing and rising timeline could be centuries. All that is necessary is that it did happen while the entity existed. His evidence does show that it does.

God bless you,
In Christ, Ted

Upvote 0

LostMarbels

All-Lives-Matter
Jun 18, 2011
Orlando Fl
✟173,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Hi dougg,

Here, I believe, are the references made in the Scriptures to the mortal wound of the head and its being healed from Revelation 13.

One of the heads of the beast seemed to have had a fatal wound, but the fatal wound had been healed. The whole world was filled with wonder and followed the beast.

It exercised all the authority of the first beast on its behalf, and made the earth and its inhabitants worship the first beast, whose fatal wound had been healed.

I don't find any evidence that would cause the reader to believe that either the mortal wound or the healing must necessarily actually take place in the last days. From what I gather, all we are told is that at some point the head 'had' a mortal wound and that the wound 'had been' healed. Both of these references, for me, would indicate that these things had happened previous to the day that the account is actually speaking of when the beast is said to rise up, but how long ago in the past isn't actually ever referenced.

In this case that LM is making, the beast is not a person, but an entity. So, this wound and healing and rising timeline could be centuries. All that is necessary is that it did happen while the entity existed. His evidence does show that it does.

God bless you,
In Christ, Ted

Ok, this is a new train of thought for me. Before yesterday I thought the beast was a person. This all just seems to line up. I am looking for honest feedback. There are some intelligent people on this forum, and if you're willing to ask honestly, not a rabbit, I'm willing to do more research.

The other thing that clicked for me is the reverence for the church. If the first beast is in fact the Vatican, I think that falls in line with history. It has always been the church that has been revered. The Pope has alway upheld the church. Not vice versa.

Upvote 0

miamited

Ted
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2010
Seneca SC
✟705,807.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi again dougg,

Another important point to remember is that the writing of the Revelation was by John sometime near the end of the first century. He was given visions, but these visions are not all about the last days of the great tribulation as the 'Left Behind' series has tried to make it. These visions are all of coming events in the world timeline from the days of Jesus' visitation to us. Many of the events foretold in the Revelation are actually in the past do us today.

For example, the woman having the baby and then being sent out; and Satan's then attempt to chase after those who follow Jesus, have already happened. Those two events culminated (the woman having the child) and begun (Satan chasing the gospel believer) even prior to John's day, but they were included in a vision that he received. Visions aren't always about things in the future. They are just visions to the person receiving them and can actually be about anything.

Personally, I believe that the release of the four horsemen has also already happened. Those horsemen are traveling about the earth today and have been for some 2,000 years.

God bless you,
In Christ, Ted

Upvote 0

miamited

Ted
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2010
Seneca SC
✟705,807.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi LM,

Well, I understood from your explanation that you were claiming that 'beasts' as used in the Scriptures were not ever individual people, but rather organizations such as governments. The four beasts of Daniel's vision weren't about individual people, but rather nations or governments that came to exist.

Therefore, the 'beast' rising out of the 'sea' would be some organization rising up out of the people of the earth.

God bless you,
In Christ, Ted

Upvote 0