✟28,658.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Man, that's crazy.
I think individual stores have the right to ask customers to wear masks. It's their store, and if they are willing to lose the business of those who refuse to wear masks, that's up to them.
But outside of a decision by a business or establishment or something, no one has the right to make you wear a mask. The CDC, the governors, and whoever else have no authority to make you wear a mask.

Upvote 0

Yttrium

Independent Centrist
May 19, 2019
Pacific NW
✟245,879.00
Country
United States
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
Single
If you truly feel that way, then I would encourage you to vote for Trump.

I want to get rid of Trump so that the conservatives can come back. Well, I mainly want to get rid of him because I think he's dangerously delusional, but the conservative thing too.

If he does not win, then the liberals will get even worse. There's a reason they hate him so much.

Consider the possibility that he really is a bad president. It happens to every political party now and then.

Upvote 0

Under One King

Jul 14, 2020
The Shadowlands
✟28,658.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I want to get rid of Trump so that the conservatives can come back. Well, I mainly want to get rid of him because I think he's dangerously delusional, but the conservative thing too.

Consider the possibility that he really is a bad president. It happens to every political party now and then.
You won't see the conservatives come back if Biden gets in.
Consider the possibility that he really is a good president. It happens every once in a while.

Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,429,197.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
But the OP doesn't say he has that power, either. He would just claim he does, and rely on the Supreme Court to be slow enough in the knock down of his claim to corrupt the election.

...the Supreme Court can issue a decision faster than you might think. For example look up Gore vs Bush - 2000.

Upvote 0

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Consider the possibility that he really is a good president. It happens every once in a while.
The Conservatives will be back stronger than ever if Biden gets in. They'll see the light, jettison Trumpism and be real Conservatives again.

Upvote 0

Under One King

Jul 14, 2020
The Shadowlands
✟28,658.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The Conservatives will be back stronger than ever if Biden gets in. They'll see the light, jettison Trumpism and be real Conservatives again.
Looks like it's time for the ol' agree to disagree again.
I'm a conservative by the way, and Biden will ruin America.

Upvote 0

Yttrium

Independent Centrist
May 19, 2019
Pacific NW
✟245,879.00
Country
United States
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
Single

You're not quite following me here. The conservatives are gone because they've been transformed into Trump sycophants, or just quit politics. Once Trump leaves, they may start trickling back into the Republican Party. (Or not.) Democrats in charge might even motivate them to make a comeback.

Upvote 0

Under One King

Jul 14, 2020
The Shadowlands
✟28,658.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You're not quite following me here. The conservatives are gone because they've been transformed into Trump sycophants, or just quit politics. Once Trump leaves, they may start trickling back into the Republican Party. (Or not.) Democrats in charge might even motivate them to make a comeback.
I'm a hardcore conservative, but I support Trump. Do I agree with everything he does? No, but I think he really wants to do the best for the country. That's better then any liberal politician, who only care about power and money, and don't have America's best interests in mind.

Upvote 0

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Looks like it's time for the ol' agree to disagree again.
I'm a conservative by the way, and Biden will ruin America.
Trump isn't. He was a Democrat until he started running for President and became a kind of crypto-religious populist.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Under One King

Jul 14, 2020
The Shadowlands
✟28,658.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Trump isn't. He was a Democrat until he started running for President and became a kind of crypto-religious populist.
I know he isn't a hardcore conservative, but like I said before, he wants to do whats best for the country, and what he's done is way better than what any liberal could do.

Upvote 0

Under One King

Jul 14, 2020
The Shadowlands
✟28,658.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Trump now saying ‘we may never known the real results’. Good to see he’s getting his pathetic excuses in early. Shame little things like caring about the integrity of US democracy doesn’t mean a single thing to him.
What he says is true. That's what the dems want in case he does win. They want so much confusion that we won't know who the president is by inauguration day, and they will usher in Nancy Pelosi.

Upvote 0

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
What he says is true. That's what the dems want in case he does win. They want so much confusion that we won't know who the president is by inauguration day, and they will usher in Nancy Pelosi.
Yes, you have decided to buy into a lurid and improbable fantasy of "what Liberals want" and nothing will change your mind.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married

You are entitled to your reasoning the same as other people who want a different outcome this November.

But consider this. If Trump loses and the Democrats gain just a handful of additional seats in the Senate...the consequence will be a wholesale changing of our election laws such that the winners will be guaranteed never to lose power.

It won't mean the conservatives will make a comeback in the Republican Party; rather, it will mean a one-party state for the foreseeable future, and that "one party" won't be the Republican Party!

There are other countries in which there are elections but the results are a foregone conclusion because of the legal framework in which they take place, and there is no reason that it cannot happen here as well. It's already in the works, in fact.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Yttrium

Independent Centrist
May 19, 2019
Pacific NW
✟245,879.00
Country
United States
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
Single
But consider this. If Trump loses and the Democrats gain just a handful of additional seats in the Senate...the consequence will be a wholesale changing of our election laws such that the winners will be guaranteed never to lose power.

... No.

That would require a constitutional amendment, and it would have to be ratified by the states.

• Agree
Reactions: DaisyDay
Upvote 0

Goonie

Not so Mystic Mog.
Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2015
UK
✟1,149,910.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
You are entitled to your reasoning the same as other people who want a different outcome this November.

It won't mean the conservatives will make a comeback in the Republican Party; rather, it will mean a one-party state for the foreseeable future, and that "one party" won't be the Republican Party!

There are other countries in which there are elections but the results are a foregone conclusion because of the legal framework in which they take place, and there is no reason that it cannot happen here as well. It's already in the works, in fact.
As Republican policy. From gerrymandering to voter suppression the Republicans are aiming for just that. But hey there doing to prevent the other side from turning the country into a one party sta.......

Oh wait a minute.

• Agree
Reactions: whatbogsends
Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
... No.

That would require a constitutional amendment, and it would have to be ratified by the states.

You think so? We already have mail-in ballots being sent to millions of people who didn't request one of them or give any reason for needing them; there is a plan that's well underway to circumvent the Electoral College without officially replacing it; and most of the Democratic politicians who sought their party's nomination for president this year are already on record as favoring (an easy) path to citizenship (and, therefore, to voting) for millions of resident non-citizens with more arriving each year. And that's not all.

Upvote 0

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married

Do you really think that Conservatives and a significant number of Moderates would stand for that? If Conservatives would give up the notion of using the government to shove an unsavory version of Christianity up our noses such a plan would not stand a chance.

Upvote 0