United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
"8 billion people exhaling every 3 seconds is tough on the weather, isn't it?"

Until they come up with a scheme for a profitable unnecessary alternative, it will no doubt not be acknowledged as a problem.

It's sad, isn't it, that we generate all this CO2 -- both naturally and artificially -- and don't know what to do with it.

And what's really ironic, is that laughing gas is killing us too.

Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟307,584.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Doesn't help that no one minds harvesting the seas to the point of emptiness for pet food and destroying plant life/trees is not seen as a problem, as there is no profit in letting nature do it's natural CO2 thing.

It's also kind of ironic that 3000 cars, many electric burned on a ship recently producing CO2 and other toxins and it was started by an electric car.

Upvote 0

sjastro

May 14, 2014
✟278,019.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
QV please:
Once again the search function has caught you out.
Your QV is post #269.
So it's our fault for breathing?

8 billion people exhaling every 3 seconds is tough on the weather, isn't it?
To which @durangodawood responded.
You’re joking, right?
Your response in post#272 being.
So why did you QV post#269 as a supposedly serious response to @eclipsenow when you admitted in post#272 it was a joke?
Are you so confused you don’t know whether you are making a serious comment or a joke?

Let’s assume you are serious in this case.
Didn’t you learn about carbon cycles at school?
CO₂ is both emitted and absorbed in the environment and if the amounts are equal there is an equilibrium.
Before the acceleration of industrialization in the 20th century, carbon sources such as humans and other forms of animal life exhaling CO₂ into the atmosphere did not increase CO₂ levels as the carbon sinks such as vegetation, oceans and soils removed CO₂ from the atmosphere and maintained this equilibrium.
The increase of CO₂ levels in the atmosphere due to the use of fossil fuels has disturbed the equilibrium, not humans exhaling CO₂ which is not one of your smarter comments.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,910,927.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
So why did you QV post#269 as a supposedly serious response to @eclipsenow when you admitted in post#272 it was a joke?
Are you so confused you don’t know whether you are making a serious comment or a joke?

I don't owe you an explanation, chief.

But I'll give it, since I'm such a nice guy.

He said that I might as well say we shouldn't exhale.

To which I replied I already have said that -- as a joke.

Upvote 0

sjastro

May 14, 2014
✟278,019.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I don't owe you an explanation, chief.

But I'll give it, since I'm such a nice guy.

He said that I might as well say we shouldn't exhale.

To which I replied I already have said that -- as a joke.
The objective "chief" is when you are caught with your foot in your mouth you should try to remove it instead of inserting it further.
Your response is not fooling anyone.
If it is a joke then it was very well disguised in this thread in posts #137 and #141 to the point of being deceptive.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,910,927.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
If it is a joke then it was very well disguised in this thread in posts #137 and #141 to the point of being deceptive.

Wow ... sjastro.

You're making yourself look worse and worse.

Post 137 contained a LINK to Post 269 in ANOTHER THREAD.

Here's the link again, that I provided in Post 137:

So it's our fault for breathing?

8 billion people exhaling every 3 seconds is tough on the weather, isn't it?

And notice the very next post -- from Durango:

Youre joking, right?

And, of course, my reply to him:

Anything else now?

Upvote 0

eclipsenow

Scripture is God's word, Science is God's works
Dec 17, 2010
Sydney, Australia
Visit site
✟143,168.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
"8 billion people exhaling every 3 seconds is tough on the weather, isn't it?"

Until they come up with a scheme for a profitable unnecessary alternative, it will no doubt not be acknowledged as a problem.

The Strawman argument continues...
1690668523284.png

Upvote 0

sjastro

May 14, 2014
✟278,019.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Wow ... sjastro.

You're making yourself look worse and worse.

Post 137 contained a LINK to Post 269 in ANOTHER THREAD.

Here's the link again, that I provided in Post 137:

And notice the very next post -- from Durango:

And, of course, my reply to him:

Anything else now?
I don't need a rehash of the events, anyone who can read English will see your "joke" as a blatant strawman to ridicule the science like your three commandants short of a full set nonsense.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,910,927.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I don't need a rehash of the events,

To the rest of us, they were a rehash.

To others ... well ... I had to rehash, so they could get it for the first time.

Upvote 0

sjastro

May 14, 2014
✟278,019.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
To the rest of us, they were a rehash.

To others ... well ... I had to rehash, so they could get it for the first time.
You still don't get it so let me make it as simple as possible for you to understand.
Now that you have admitted it was a joke but deceptively turned into a serious comment in this thread, despite your denials, makes it a bona fide strawman argument as it does not address the science of climate change.

This is further reinforced by the fact your joke/serious comment is so patently ridiculous as it ignores the carbon cycle as explained previously.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,910,927.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
You still don't get it so let me make it as simple as possible for you to understand.
Now that you have admitted it was a joke but deceptively turned into a serious comment in this thread, despite your denials, makes it a bona fide strawman argument as it does not address the science of climate change.

This is further reinforced by the fact your joke/serious comment is so patently ridiculous as it ignores the carbon cycle as explained previously.

You're entitled to your opinion.

Upvote 0

smittymatt

Dec 5, 2021
West Palm Beach
✟27,019.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Divorced
The summer of 2023 has been one of the hottest on record, with temperatures soaring well above average in many parts of the world. This has led to a number of extreme weather events, including heat waves, droughts, and wildfires. These record-breaking temperatures are a sign of a warming planet caused by climate change.

The Earth's average temperature has increased by about 1 degree Celsius since the late 19th century, and this warming is expected to continue in the future.
The impacts of climate change are already being felt around the world, and they are expected to become more severe in the years to come. These impacts include rising sea levels, more extreme weather events, and changes in agricultural yields.

To reduce greenhouse gas emissions and mitigate the effects of climate change will require a concerted effort from governments, businesses, and individuals around the world.
Record-breaking heat events that have occurred in 2023:
  • June was the hottest June on record globally.
  • July 4 was the hottest day on record globally, with temperatures reaching 115 degrees Fahrenheit in Death Valley, California.
  • The first two weeks of July were the hottest two-week period on record globally.
  • More than 100 people have died in heat waves in the United States and India so far this summer.
These record-breaking heat events are a clear sign that the Earth is warming, and that climate change is having a real impact on our planet. We need to take action to reduce greenhouse gas emissions and mitigate the effects of climate change, or the consequences will be severe.
Better too hot than too cold

Upvote 0

eclipsenow

Dec 17, 2010
Sydney, Australia
Visit site
✟143,168.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Nope. I think I know where you're going with this and it's so wrong headed in so many ways I hardly know where to start

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Bradskii

Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail?
Aug 19, 2018
Bondi
✟255,359.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I'm sure that friends and family of those who I guarantee are going to die in Australia this summer from what might be our worst ever bush fire season will be comforted by the fact that they burnt rather than froze to death.

Average October temp is 22C (71F) where I live. We're going to hit 35C (95F) this afternoon.

Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟307,584.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
When it becomes a constant rather than the last time it hit this temp or close to it 'was in the 1800s or whatever', then we'll have a problem, especially if it is sun related. But to pick on random anomalies to boost the new industrial revolution started at the time of Gore is not worthy of consideration. Somebody is getting rich as we are taxed to the hilt to support them. Also this summer's heat in the south and cold in the north was a result of a mass over Greenland that had not moved all winter which pushed cold to the south all winter, then with summer causing the normal heat buildup from moving into the norther half of the US and into Canada like it usually does levelling things out. An anomaly which is now changing as a three year La Nina becomes and El Nino again.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

eclipsenow

Dec 17, 2010
Sydney, Australia
Visit site
✟143,168.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Straight from Bjorn Lomborg!

But don't worry - these 2 climate scientists (and comedians!) can set you straight. (Language warning.)

Basically, arguing that the cold kills more people than heatwaves ignores:-

1. Cold killing people in the modern world is an infrastructure and social policy problem, not a climate problem. If the poor or pensioners are struggling to pay their heating bill (after the west had to break off it's dependence on Russian gas, raising prices, along with many other global factors!) - then governments should step in and help those people pay their bills! Also, let's design passive-solar homes that stay warm in winter and cool in summer with vastly less energy use.
  2. Arguing it IS a climate problem and we SHOULD heat the entire planet is like turning up to someone's house in winter and setting the house on fire to stay warm. Um, how about wearing a jumper? Using a heater and getting insulation to reduce heating bills? Who said we had to heat the whole planet? And - um - in case you haven't been reading the headlines lately - the planet is already getting too warm for those same places in summer. Imagine if we cooked it up even further? Heating the whole planet because your winter is cold is like saying "It's too cold right now - order in a napalm strike on my neighbouring suburb so I can warm my hands, please!"
  3. Death by climate-change is increasing across a number of different factors - not just heatwaves. Climate-induced water and food security is already causing wars. (Syrian civil war is one example. Climate was not the only factor, but a contributing one.) Crop failures and famines, floods, changing disease vectors, and so many other factors are all hurting people and even killing them more and more. When someone dies because they could not afford their medication because they're out of work and their local town took a climate-economic-hit - it's harder to measure that and allocate it to climate change. But it's a thing. It's already happening.
  4. Wait till the world's first "Wet-bulb" temperature heat wave hits over a major city. Then you'll see MILLIONS die in one hit. Then science-denying echo-chambers may have to wake up and smell the napalm. Climate change is here.

Upvote 0

Bradskii

Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail?
Aug 19, 2018
Bondi
✟255,359.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
When it becomes a constant rather than the last time it hit this temp or close to it 'was in the 1800s or whatever', then we'll have a problem...
Like this.

images.png

Reactions: eclipsenow
Upvote 0