Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I don't believe you even realize what I'm talking about, unlike the others on here. You and I haven't conversed much.
So why not post a link since you say you already googled it and found what you were looking for.

As I said before, I googled and got back this thread, your comment, and general stuff on gay marriage ceremonies in the UK. In the 30 seconds I spent, "gays sabotage heterosexual marriage in England" yielded nothing about any gays actually sabotaging heterosexual marriages.

Upvote 0

Crowns&Laurels

Jul 11, 2015
✟6,832.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
So why not post a link since you say you already googled it and found what you were looking for.

As I said before, I googled and got back this thread, your comment, and general stuff on gay marriage ceremonies in the UK. In the 30 seconds I spent, "gays sabotage heterosexual marriage in England" yielded nothing about any gays actually sabotaging heterosexual marriages.

The need for a source doesn't pertain to gay marriage ceremonies- you don't know what's going on either :doh:
For the sake of thread, let's stop derailing it.

Upvote 0

Crowns&Laurels

Jul 11, 2015
✟6,832.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
You are the one who brought it up in the first place.

Do you even know what I brought up ^_^

You should, as opposed to the other poster. I'm simply at a loss to this discussion right now. It has run it's course.

Upvote 0

Blue Wren

Sep 22, 2014
Solna, Sweden
✟26,447.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Well the UK seems to treat Christianity like a disposable red cup. From an American's perspective, the UK is slowly growing as intolerant to Christianity as China has been. I heard about things over there that make bakers selling cakes to gay couples look like nothing.

That isn't true, no. They simply do not throw temper tantrums, over coffee cup decorations.

Upvote 0

Crowns&Laurels

Jul 11, 2015
✟6,832.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
That isn't true, no. They simply do not throw temper tantrums, over coffee cup decorations.

Being numb to political correctness is a direct symptom of social apostasy. I don't agree with the amount of sensitivity the US has with these things, but at the very least, they are aware of what's going on. And that is important.

Don't underestimate the American Christian, that's all I got to say. We are empowered here :)

Upvote 0

Willtor

Not just any Willtor... The Mighty Willtor
Apr 23, 2005
Cambridge
Visit site
✟32,287.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Being numb to political correctness is a direct symptom of social apostasy. I don't agree with the amount of sensitivity the US has with these things, but at the very least, they are aware of what's going on. And that is important.

Don't underestimate the American Christian, that's all I got to say. We are empowered here :)

It's politically correct to remove snowflakes from coffee cups in Winter? Wow. Maybe "PC" really _has_ gone too far.

Upvote 0

Crowns&Laurels

Jul 11, 2015
✟6,832.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
It's politically correct to remove snowflakes from coffee cups in Winter? Wow. Maybe "PC" really _has_ gone too far.

Why else would you remove such from a cup :doh:

There is a trend going on among many businesses, and Starbucks is another snowflake :oldthumbsup:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

amanuensis63

Nov 29, 2014
✟7,455.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married

In reality I am bothered by Political Correctness at its extremes but I fear that some folks on the right end of the political spectrum want political correctness overturned just so they can be as offensive as they like without consequence.

There's a fine line in society of not being overtly offensive to people and not being so sensitive that literally no one can speak to you unless they know the proper code words.

I'm a pretty hard lefty liberal and one day I was in a discussion in which I was actually making a positive point about female leadership in corporate America but I used a phrase ("Pink Collar") and one woman felt I was being offensive to women (if she had actually listened to what I had said she would realize I was saying something VERY pro-woman...I live with a pretty hardcore feminist!) Instead I found that I had somehow in this woman's confusion turned into some sort of rabid male hegemonist! It was weird. Sometimes "sensitivity" is a raw nerve trying to get itself touched.

I dislike PC in the extreme but I see a real value for rational political correctness.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
The church council over in the UK is struggling to maintain even the simplest of things.

Assuming this is true, that's just simple incompetence and bureaucracy... nothing new under the sun...

If homosexuals sabotaged heterosexual marriage ceremonies here, protestants would go absolutely mental.

If they did it anywhere, we'd never hear the end of it...

That didn't happen over there. Because the Church of Canterbury has lost it's voice.

Now that part I believe -- "It didn't happen over there." I've been saying that since it because obvious that it was a fabrication.

Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟555,831.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Normally, business decisions are made with increase in profits or reduction in costs, in mind. Or both. I suspect that is what primarily drove the push for the simpler and IMO, classier designs for their cups this year.

But typical Americans, we don't like things with class. We like things cheap and obnoxious. Look at our cars. Look at how we advertise the crap we buy and sell. Look at our leading presidential candidates!

Reactions: Willtor
Upvote 0

Willtor

Apr 23, 2005
Cambridge
Visit site
✟32,287.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Maybe for some artsy-fartsy reason? Seriously, snowflake removal is not anti-Christian. No, seriously.

There is a trend going on among many businesses, and Starbucks is another snowflake :oldthumbsup:

I'd say I'd take your word for it, but... honestly, I can't, at this point.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Reactions: Willtor
Upvote 0

Crowns&Laurels

Jul 11, 2015
✟6,832.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Normally, business decisions are made with increase in profits or reduction in costs, in mind. Or both. I suspect that is what primarily drove the push for the simpler and IMO, classier designs for their cups this year.

But typical Americans, we don't like things with class. We like things cheap and obnoxious. Look at our cars. Look at how we advertise the crap we buy and sell. Look at our leading presidential candidates!

America is a predominantly Protestant country. There is really something to be lost in taking away Christmas decorations.

That's why people are angry.

Upvote 0

Willtor

Apr 23, 2005
Cambridge
Visit site
✟32,287.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
In reality I am bothered by Political Correctness at its extremes but I fear that some folks on the right end of the political spectrum want political correctness overturned just so they can be as offensive as they like without consequence.

There's a fine line in society of not being overtly offensive to people and not being so sensitive that literally no one can speak to you unless they know the proper code words.

I'm a pretty hard lefty liberal and one day I was in a discussion in which I was actually making a positive point about female leadership in corporate America but I used a phrase ("Pink Collar") and one woman felt I was being offensive to women (if she had actually listened to what I had said she would realize I was saying something VERY pro-woman...I live with a pretty hardcore feminist!) Instead I found that I had somehow in this woman's confusion turned into some sort of rabid male hegemonist! It was weird. Sometimes "sensitivity" is a raw nerve trying to get itself touched.

I dislike PC in the extreme but I see a real value for rational political correctness.

Sure. I completely agree with this. Political correctness is subservient to reason, of course. But, as you say, it's nice to live in a society where people jump down the throat of someone who uses a racial slur.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
America is a predominantly Protestant country. There is really something to be lost in taking away Christmas decorations.

That's why people are angry.

Why should a Jew be forced to celebrate Christmas, anyway?

Upvote 0

Willtor

Apr 23, 2005
Cambridge
Visit site
✟32,287.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
So that the unused cups are still usable after winter is over?

This is it. This is totally it. Every year, before, they had unused cups and they threw them away. It was bad for the environment and it was bad for profit margins. One stone, two birds.

Upvote 0