Feb 25, 2008
✟783,467.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
It is totally up to you to see it that way, jgr. We just have a different Messiah and a different God.

Luke 1:32-33 (NKJV Strong's,) He will be great, and will be called the Son of the Highest; and the Lord God will give Him the throne of His father David. 33 And He will reign over the house of Jacob forever, and of His kingdom there will be no end.”

That is the Davidic Covenant that was promised to David. Established and confirmed in 2 Samuel 7, 1 Chronicles 17:11-14, etc. An unconditional covenant God made with David. Messiah has never assumed David's throne, ruling from Jerusalem yet.

Messiah is not King over Israel now. The Father has not finished doing what He promised to do....

Psalms 110:1 (NKJV Strong's,) The Lord said to my Lord,
“Sit at My right hand,
Till I make Your enemies Your footstool.”

Isaiah 9:6-7 (NKJV Strong's,) For unto us a Child is born,
Unto us a Son is given;
And the government will be upon His shoulder.
And His name will be called
Wonderful, Counselor, Mighty God,
Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.
7 Of the increase of His government and peace
There will be no end,
Upon the throne of David and over His kingdom,
To order it and establish it with judgment and justice
From that time forward, even forever.
The zeal of the Lord of hosts will perform this.

Jeremiah 3:17 (NKJV Strong's,) “At that time Jerusalem shall be called The Throne of the Lord, and all the nations shall be gathered to it, to the name of the Lord, to Jerusalem. No more shall they follow the dictates of their evil hearts.

Jeremiah 33:20-21 (NKJV Strong's,) “Thus says the Lord: ‘If you can break My covenant with the day and My covenant with the night, so that there will not be day and night in their season, 21 then My covenant may also be broken with David My servant, so that he shall not have a son to reign on his throne, and with the Levites, the priests, My ministers.

Throne is not a literal seat or chair, it is a position of authority as King ruling over literal, physical Israel. Even in secular situations, ascending to the throne is not ascending to a literal seat or chair, it is a position of ruling authority. Kings and queens throughout history have swapped literal seats for ones they prefer to camp their back side on, but they are still the ruling monarch. They are still on the throne. And Yeshua still has not reigned and ruled over physical Israel yet. And that means there will be physical, literal Israel to rule over, as promised to Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, known as the Abrahamic Covenant.

And yes, I do believe that covenant is literal and the promise that Gabriel stated to Mary confirming it as well. It wasn't a figurative angel confirming a figurative covenant made by a figurative God.

You claim that all of the OT is abrogated by the NT. Very well. You have called YHVH a liar and your faith is not in His Messiah, Yeshua, if you hold to that position, but in another god and another messiah, if any at all. It doesn't get any clearer than that. Get ticked off at me if you want to, I really could care less. You have called the One I have placed my trust in a liar that doesn't keep His promises, even unto His own Son.

I try never to get all heated in forum threads, or accuse people of falsehood, but when someone makes blasphemous statements like you are, I have real issues just sitting still while they impugn my Lord's character and honor. There is such a thing as righteous anger, and no, it is not a sin unless I were to wish harm on someone.

I leave you to your allegorical nonsense and the Lord. Explain it to Him that way on that day that He was just making allegorical promises and see where it gets you.

It's interesting that our Lord chose to express His very first prophecy in the form of "allegorical nonsense":

Genesis 3:15
And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.

Hebrews 8:13
In that he saith, A new covenant, he hath made the first old...

Revelation 21:5
And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new...

Old vs. new.

Your choice.

Reactions: BABerean2
Upvote 0

BABerean2

Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That is the Davidic Covenant that was promised to David. Established and confirmed in 2 Samuel 7, 1 Chronicles 17:11-14, etc. An unconditional covenant God made with David. Messiah has never assumed David's throne, ruling from Jerusalem yet.

Messiah is not King over Israel now.

Act 2:29  Men and brethren, let me freely speak unto you of the patriarch David, that he is both dead and buried, and his sepulchre is with us unto this day. 

Act 2:30  Therefore being a prophet, and knowing that God had sworn with an oath to him, that of the fruit of his loins, according to the flesh, he would raise up Christ to sit on his throne; 

Act 2:31  He seeing this before spake of the resurrection of Christ, that his soul was not left in hell, neither his flesh did see corruption. 

Act 2:32  This Jesus hath God raised up, whereof we all are witnesses.

Act 2:33  Therefore being by the right hand of God exalted, and having received of the Father the promise of the Holy Ghost, he hath shed forth this, which ye now see and hear.

Act 2:34  For David is not ascended into the heavens: but he saith himself, The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand, 

Act 2:35  Until I make thy foes thy footstool. 

Act 2:36  Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made that same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ. 

Act 2:37  Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart, and said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles, Men and brethren, what shall we do? 

On the Day of Pentecost Peter said that Jesus was already both King (Lord) and Messiah (Christ).

Either Peter is wrong or you are wrong.

About 3,000 Israelites accepted Peter's words as the truth that day.

Their God is my God.

Last edited:
Reactions: jgr
Upvote 0