Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You are spot on, and they are keeping the prices down by not using the more expensive 'snowflake' cups.

There is no attack on Christmas here, just a solid business decision to keep prices down....

But the new cup is apparently making Baby Jesus cry...

Upvote 0

Jahrooshshalom

Nov 8, 2015
✟16,610.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
No, what makes Jesus cry are atheists and their atheist supporters that decree they're enemies of Christianity and mock a religious holiday and figure held dear by the majority of the world population.
If they think Starbucks coffee is hot it's nothing compared to the Hell that awaits. Created for Satan and his fallen angels, opened for atheists and unrepentant fallen sinners to keep them company for eternity.

But there is hope! That's why atheists enter into Christian communities so they can find the salvation the soul that fears Hell craves so as to save itself in the name of Christ. If only the fallen that house that soul would surrender to the call of Christ that brings them to such a place as this.

May God work his will in the hearts and minds of those found worthy in his sight.

Upvote 0

lupusFati

Bigby, Reid, and Z
Apr 17, 2013
Idaho
Visit site
✟11,996.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

lupusFati

Bigby, Reid, and Z
Apr 17, 2013
Idaho
Visit site
✟11,996.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
enemy of Christmas, not Christianity. Please understand the difference, then understand that those of use who have been around for more than a week understand the sarcasm in a title of "enemy of Christmas"

But even if there WAS a "War on Christmas", Starbucks is not participating in it.

Also, it's Christians who say Christmas is about Christ. Just saying.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

AceHero

Veteran
Sep 10, 2005
✟21,933.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
No, what makes Jesus cry are atheists and their atheist supporters that decree they're enemies of Christianity and mock a religious holiday and figure held dear by the majority of the world population.

Which was co-opted by corporate America decades ago.

Upvote 0

Grizzly

Enemy of Christmas
Site Supporter
Jul 6, 2002
Tallahassee
✟46,060.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
enemy of Christmas, not Christianity. Please understand the difference, then understand that those of use who have been around for more than a week understand the sarcasm in a title of "enemy of Christmas"

Thank you, JOW.

Jarooshalom, I am not an enemy of Christianity. But it is true - I am an enemy of Christmas. For years I have waged fake war on Christmas (mostly right here at Christianforums). Some years the campaign goes better than others, and sometimes I think it just may be time to hang up my secular weapons of yuletide destruction. But every fall when the weather turns colder, my heart grows harder, and I feel the need to rise up and ruin Christmas for every single person in the United States.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

amanuensis63

Nov 29, 2014
✟7,455.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Created for Satan and his fallen angels, opened for atheists and unrepentant fallen sinners to keep them company for eternity.

Hopefully they won't be forced to listen to Arcade Fire!

That's why atheists enter into Christian communities so they can find the salvation the soul that fears Hell craves so as to save itself in the name of Christ. If only the fallen that house that soul would surrender to the call of Christ that brings them to such a place as this.

But, you see, I think that an atheist visiting a forum like the American Politics on CF would probably not necessarily get a good view of the faith. I think people come here who are not Christian in order to engage in arguments that are faith based because the faithful will respond.

In many ways the Christian positions I see on CF American Politics are some of the worse ideas people can hold and sometimes the Atheists are right to come on and challenge those positions. I've seen some Christians here defend gun rights as if Jesus never warned against living by the sword. I've seen Christians on here denigrating the poor as lazy despite the fact that we are exhorted to care for the poor in the Bible. I've seen Christians defend money as zealously as they were defending God himself.

There's a lot of good to be provided by the Good News, but that isn't necessarily evident on argument forums like this.

This current "kerfluffle" over the Starbucks cup is bizarre and meaningless. But it brings out the need to argue.

May God work his will in the hearts and minds of those found worthy in his sight.

I wonder how many atheists aren't worthy. I've seen some pretty decent stuff said by atheists here and some pretty appalling stuff said by Christians (and vice versa.)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ThatRobGuy

Part of the IT crowd
Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2005
Here
✟1,206,584.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I already used up all of my Starbucks/hipster jokes in the other thread on this topic lol.

I guess if they want to boycott, they can...but it's not for a very good reason. Cup design should be around #678 on the list of "reasons not to go to starbucks"

...#1 on the list, of course, is their overpriced mediocre coffee.

Reactions: Grizzly
Upvote 0

Willtor

Not just any Willtor... The Mighty Willtor
Apr 23, 2005
Cambridge
Visit site
✟32,287.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Yay! The first shots in this year's War on Christmas have been fired!

It's looking to be a big year, too. Most Christians need the reminder of the snowflakes that heralded Jesus' birth in Bethlehem all those years ago. Without it, they might forget to love all the other hapless holiday shoppers they mow down in their rush for the last Tickle-me-Elmo doll (itself, a good reminder of Elmo's gift of the letter J and the number e to the baby Jesus lying in the manger).

Upvote 0

Crowns&Laurels

Jul 11, 2015
✟6,832.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Red = Blood of Christ
There you go, now stop feeling persecuted over a cup.

Here's some questions:
Did you ever actually care what was on the cups beforehand?
Does Jesus desire you to take issue with it?

Last edited:
Reactions: Grizzly
Upvote 0