Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Politics
US-Democrat
I'm still wondering how Proud Boys got a designation of "White Supremacists" when a large number of their organization is Hispanic and Black. (and their leader is a guy named Enrique Tarrio who's half Black and half Cuban), and 20% of their membership are people of color.

Perhaps the designation they were looking for was either “Western chauvinist” or "Islamophobic"...or maybe as the SPLC describes them "a far-right fight club"

Proud Boys have been involved in rallies displaying racist imagery, such as confederate flags.

I suspect their tolerance of non-whites is going to vary from cell group to cell group. They seem principally united in rallying around crude symbols of violence, patriarchy, misogyny, and hatred of the Left, rather than overt racism, but they are still a dangerous group.

• Agree
Reactions: Sparagmos
Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
What exactly do you think "stand back and stand by", means?
“Sit, Proud Boy, sit... good Proud Boy” .....
upload_2020-9-30_20-13-22.jpeg

Upvote 0

Arc F1

Let the righteous man arise from slumber
Site Supporter
Mar 14, 2020
Kentucky
✟146,863.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Trump was given a softball question at the debate, and he answered it just like I would have expected him to. He not only refused to condemn white supremacists, but he tacitly acknowledged they were his boys and they should wait in the wings.

Wallace: I'm asking you a question. (Interrupted). You have repeatedly criticized the Vice President for not specifically calling out Antifa and other left wing extremists groups. But are you willing tonight to condemn white supremacists and militia groups and to say that they need to stand down and not add to the violence of the cities that we saw in Kenosha and that we saw in Portland.

Trump
: I would say almost everything I see is from the left wing, not from the right wing.

Wallace
: Well what do you say?

Trump
: I'm willing to do anything...I want to see peace.

Wallace
: Then do it, sir.

Trump
: Who do you want to call them? Give me a name. Who would you like me to condemn.

Wallace
: White supremecists. Proud Boys.

Trump
: Proud Boys, stand back and stand by. But I'll tell you what, I'll tell you what - somebody's gotta do something about Antifa and the left, because this is not a right wing problem, this is a left wing...

The exchange begins at 1:05:20 into the video (full video of the debate):

What makes you think proud boys are white supremacist?

Upvote 0

Ken-1122

Jan 30, 2011
✟225,690.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Trump was given a softball question at the debate, and he answered it just like I would have expected him to. He not only refused to condemn white supremacists, but he tacitly acknowledged they were his boys and they should wait in the wings.

Wallace: I'm asking you a question. (Interrupted). You have repeatedly criticized the Vice President for not specifically calling out Antifa and other left wing extremists groups. But are you willing tonight to condemn white supremacists and militia groups and to say that they need to stand down and not add to the violence of the cities that we saw in Kenosha and that we saw in Portland.

Trump
: I would say almost everything I see is from the left wing, not from the right wing.

Wallace
: Well what do you say?

Trump
: I'm willing to do anything...I want to see peace.

Wallace
: Then do it, sir.

Trump
: Who do you want to call them? Give me a name. Who would you like me to condemn.

Wallace
: White supremecists. Proud Boys.

Trump
: Proud Boys, stand back and stand by. But I'll tell you what, I'll tell you what - somebody's gotta do something about Antifa and the left, because this is not a right wing problem, this is a left wing...

The exchange begins at 1:05:20 into the video (full video of the debate):

I find it absurd that Chris Wallace would ask Trump to condemn White supremacy; as if he had never done it before. Trump has condemned white supremacy, KKK, Nazi’s etc. probably more than any other president! (A quick youtube search confirms this)

Trump blew it; he should have attacked Wallace for asking such an absurd question considering the countless times he has already condemned those groups.

Upvote 0

Ken-1122

Jan 30, 2011
✟225,690.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
What exactly do you think "stand back and stand by", means?
I think Trump mis-spoke because he was too anxious to get his point across and he wasn't listening correctly . Wallace asked Trump to tell the Proud Boys to stand down and stop adding to the violence. Trumps response was to tell them to stand back and stand by, and then argue what was on his mind. I think he actually meant what Chris Wallace asked him to do which was tell them to stand down, but he said it wrong.

• Agree
Reactions: Tanj
Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I think Trump mis-spoke because he was too anxious to get his point across and he wasn't listening correctly . Wallace asked Trump to tell the Proud Boys to stand down and stop adding to the violence. Trumps response was to tell them to stand back and stand by, and then argue what was on his mind. I think he actually meant what Chris Wallace asked him to do which was tell them to stand down, but he said it wrong.
Trump was caught off guard and accidentally told the truth.

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟141,240.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
Trump gets a mulligan?
Okay, fair enough.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Ken-1122

Jan 30, 2011
✟225,690.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
That's not a truth, that's a demand. And why would he spend more time than any president condemning white supremacy, then make demands of them? BTW in the picture provided in your link, is that a black guy in the sunglasses who is the leader of the Proud Boys? I thought they were supposed to be a racist organization! What type of racist organization are they that are lead by a black guy with white followers?

Upvote 0

tall73

Sophia7's husband
Site Supporter
Sep 23, 2005
Visit site
✟875,252.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Wallace
: I'm asking you a question. (Interrupted). You have repeatedly criticized the Vice President for not specifically calling out Antifa and other left wing extremists groups. But are you willing tonight to condemn white supremacists and militia groups and to say that they need to stand down and not add to the violence of the cities that we saw in Kenosha and that we saw in Portland.

You missed some of Trump's statements, though that is understandable since he interrupts constantly. But he does answer "sure" when Wallace asks if he is willing to condemn white supremacists and militia groups.

Wallace: You have repeatedly criticized the Vice President for not specifically calling out Antifa and other left wing extremists groups.

Trump: That's right

Wallace: But are you willing tonight to condemn white supremacists and militia groups...

Trump: Sure

Wallace: ...and to say that they need to stand down and not add to the violence in a number of these cities as we saw in Kenosha and as we've seen in Portland.

Trump: Sure, I'm willing to do that...

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Interesting, and a definite possibility.

Its also interesting to see the gripes here from those who will make the worst thing possible or of what he said, don't really amount to a hill of beans. Some even went so far as to be somewhat entertaining. :)

Upvote 0

Sparagmos

Oct 19, 2018
Portland, Oregon
✟278,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
  • Agree
Reactions: cow451
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Sparagmos

Oct 19, 2018
Portland, Oregon
✟278,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I'm still wondering how Proud Boys got a designation of "White Supremacists" when a large number of their organization is Hispanic and Black. (and their leader is a guy named Enrique Tarrio who's half Black and half Cuban), and 20% of their membership are people of color.

Perhaps the designation they were looking for was either “Western chauvinist” or "Islamophobic"...or maybe as the SPLC describes them "a far-right fight club"
Yeah while I believe their are white supremacists among them, they aren’t a white supremacist group. A far-right gang of thugs.

• Agree
Reactions: FireDragon76
Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,257,433.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Politics
US-Democrat
Trump was caught off guard and accidentally told the truth.

It's called a Freudian slip and in actuality, they can be very revealing of what a person actually thinks, but doesn't want to reveal.

Trump wants to present an image to the world of somebody that's respectable and he represses anything that might be seen to the contrary, but sometimes the truth slips out.

Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,257,433.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Politics
US-Democrat
Yeah while I believe their are white supremacists among them, they aren’t a white supremacist group. A far-right gang of thugs.

It's a paramilitary group that has been used for "security" in the past.

That's how bad things have gotten in the US. We have paramilitaries roaming the streets now, threatening to use intimidation and violence as political tools.

I would never have dreamed such a thing possible in the US, when I saw news reports of Contras in the 80's in Nicaragua. But it has happened. That's what's so damning about Trump's refusal to denounce these groups.

• Agree
Reactions: DaisyDay
Upvote 0