United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
And what was their conclusion?
Based on the screenshots from their message boards that have been circulating today, they appear to have concluded that Trump is telling them to get ready to take to the streets after Election Day to initiate some kind of targeted violence. The screenshots are not appropriate to be shared here due to the language and imagery used, but you can find them if you search Google.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
Wisconsin, United States of America
✟651,747.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Trump was given a softball question at the debate, and he answered it just like I would have expected him to. He not only refused to condemn white supremacists, but he tacitly acknowledged they were his boys and they should wait in the wings.

Wallace: I'm asking you a question. (Interrupted). You have repeatedly criticized the Vice President for not specifically calling out Antifa and other left wing extremists groups. But are you willing tonight to condemn white supremacists and militia groups and to say that they need to stand down and not add to the violence of the cities that we saw in Kenosha and that we saw in Portland.

Trump
: I would say almost everything I see is from the left wing, not from the right wing.

Wallace
: Well what do you say?

Trump
: I'm willing to do anything...I want to see peace.

Wallace
: Then do it, sir.

Trump
: Who do you want to call them? Give me a name. Who would you like me to condemn.

Wallace
: White supremecists. Proud Boys.

Trump
: Proud Boys, stand back and stand by. But I'll tell you what, I'll tell you what - somebody's gotta do something about Antifa and the left, because this is not a right wing problem, this is a left wing...

The exchange begins at 1:05:20 into the video (full video of the debate):

Does labeling the KKK a terrorist group qualify as condemning them? Trump vows to designate KKK, Antifa as terrorist groups | KOIN.com

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟651,747.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Based on the screenshots from their message boards that have been circulating today, they appear to have concluded that Trump is telling them to get ready to take to the streets after Election Day to initiate some kind of targeted violence. The screenshots are not appropriate to be shared here due to the language and imagery used, but you can find them if you search Google.

It wouldn't have to be "initiate" as much as "defend against". It's been BLM doing the violence in the streets so far. If Trump wins the election, you can bet your bottom dollar BLM will be boiling over with rage, and will be having a total meltdown. Do I want to see people defend themselves and their community from those thugs? Absolutely!

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟651,747.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

whatbogsends

Senior Veteran
Aug 29, 2003
Visit site
✟281,429.00
Faith
Atheist
And what was their conclusion?

Proud Boys leader Joe Biggs could hardly contain his glee, typing out this on Parler: “Trump basically said to go [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse] them up! this makes me so happy.”
Enrique Tarrio, another Proud Boys chief, echoed Biggs’ comment. “I’m am [sic] extremely PROUD of my Presidents performance tonight,” he wrote on Parler. The Proud Boys’ widely followed main account, @TheProudBoys, which has 50,000 subscribers, offered up a brief summation of the evening, punctuating their excitement with capital letters: “THANK YOU PRESIDENT TRUMP!” Below those words was a picture of a black T-shirt with the words “Proud Boys Standing By” emblazoned on it in canary yellow.

The App That The Proud Boys Used To Celebrate Donald Trump’s Debate Performance

Upvote 0

whatbogsends

Senior Veteran
Aug 29, 2003
Visit site
✟281,429.00
Faith
Atheist
Upvote 0

Kentonio

Jan 25, 2018
Lyon
✟266,564.00
Country
France
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Now he’s claiming he doesn’t know who the Proud Boys are. Because apparently a random British guy living in France can have heard all about them and their vile activities for several years now, but the Commander in Chief of the United States who receives daily intelligence briefings just never heard a thing..

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟557,370.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Upvote 0

gaara4158

Gen Alpha Dad
Aug 18, 2007
United States
✟204,179.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It wouldn't have to be "initiate" as much as "defend against". It's been BLM doing the violence in the streets so far. If Trump wins the election, you can bet your bottom dollar BLM will be boiling over with rage, and will be having a total meltdown. Do I want to see people defend themselves and their community from those thugs? Absolutely!
Yes, I’m sure that’s exactly how the Proud Boys rationalize it.

Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Instead if the lol I considered, I'll at least say, how can I possibly take that seriousely.

Upvote 0

gaara4158

Gen Alpha Dad
Aug 18, 2007
United States
✟204,179.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Instead if the lol I considered, I'll at least say, how can I possibly take that seriousely.
It’s tempting to dismiss it all as role players with no intention of ever leaving the couch, but it’s in line with direct quotes from Proud Boys leadership. It wouldn’t be the first time that community produced violent offenders.

Reactions: ArmenianJohn
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It’s tempting to dismiss it all as role players with no intention of ever leaving the couch, but it’s in line with direct quotes from Proud Boys leadership. It wouldn’t be the first time that community produced violent offenders.

No role players, no nothing...you made someting up you claim they are going to do and now you are acting as if it's a fact.

Upvote 0

ThatRobGuy

Part of the IT crowd
Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2005
Here
✟1,205,762.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I'm still wondering how Proud Boys got a designation of "White Supremacists" when a large number of their organization is Hispanic and Black. (and their leader is a guy named Enrique Tarrio who's half Black and half Cuban), and 20% of their membership are people of color.

Perhaps the designation they were looking for was either “Western chauvinist” or "Islamophobic"...or maybe as the SPLC describes them "a far-right fight club"

Upvote 0

gaara4158

Gen Alpha Dad
Aug 18, 2007
United States
✟204,179.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
No role players, no nothing...you made someting up you claim they are going to do and now you are acting as if it's a fact.
You didn’t Google it, did you?

Upvote 0

ToddNotTodd

Iconoclast
Feb 17, 2004
✟255,029.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Married
You didn’t Google it, did you?
When facts and opposing ideology collide, they often times produce cognitive dissonance, which can be unpleasant. Best to eliminate the facts, lest you continue to suffer this unpleasantness.

I’m personally in awe of people that can embrace cognitive dissonance and not have a crisis of identity.

it’s like being an illogical contortionist...

Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,260,034.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat