South Beach Diet Support Forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antoinette.Marie

He Has Shown Me Miracles!
Mar 10, 2005
✟7,105.00
Anyone here on the South Beach Diet? I thought maybe we could all give each other support and some advice.

I've been on this diet for a month now, and I've lost 9 lbs. My goal weight is 140, and I'm currently 159 now. Anyone with any questions or advice or recipes let's post here!

I also thought I would post some tidbits from the South Beach Diet "Daily Dish", a newsletter from the website that gives you advice on recipes, dieting questions, and the like! Here is one MANY of us might be experiencing on SBD:

DAILY DISH 7.24.05

PLATEAU PROBLEMS

While it may be frustrating, it is not uncommon to reach a plateau in Phase 2 of the South Beach Diet®, especially as you get closer to your target weight. Weight loss in this Phase of the South Beach Diet® is much slower than in Phase 1, but that's fine in the long run since slow and steady weight loss is best for long-term success. That said, if you'd like to jump-start your weight loss, here are some strategies to try.

1. Try eating different foods. Sometimes people get into a food rut, eating the same things day in and day out, which may lead to overeating as a result of feeling unsatisfied with your routine. Add more variety and different veggies to your meal plan to combat boredom. This may be just what you need to get over a weight-loss stall.
2. Get adequate exercise. Plateauing may result from losing too much muscle mass (as well as fat). Begin a fitness program or, if you already exercise, take it up a notch by increasing the intensity and/or length of your workouts. Maintaining muscle mass with exercise helps boost metabolism, which allows you to shed unwanted pounds.
3. Keep track of what you eat. In general, the South Beach Diet® does not require you to count calories or portion sizes. That said, you may be eating too much of certain foods to keep losing weight at the same pace. Take a close look at the amount of low-fat cheese and nuts you're consuming and cut back on these items if you're eating too much.
4. Return to Phase 1. If you have plateaued for several weeks and still have a fair amount of weight to lose, return to Phase 1 for a kick start.

Finally, it's possible that your weight loss has stalled because you've already reached your healthiest weight — even if it's not your desired weight. If your cholesterol and blood sugar levels have normalized, your desire to lose weight may be a matter of cosmetics. In this case, rather than focusing on the number on your scale, focus on how much better you feel.

Happy Eating!:wave:

Status
Not open for further replies.