biblicalbro

Child of God
Aug 19, 2014
✟29,047.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I'm introverted and also a homebody. I do not like hanging out in groups. In fact, I despise it. Oftentimes, I feel left out and lonely in those scenarios. Plus, following people around can be so draining/immature. Even in church can be difficult, as it's mainly greetings and small talk. It can come off as superficial. Social media I find much worse.

Solitude for me, is so peaceful and relaxing. My sole exception would be hanging out with a select few people in which we share meaningful discussions, especially about God.

friend of

A private in Gods army
Site Supporter
Dec 28, 2016
provincial
✟762,913.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Honestly I wish I could convince you otherwise. Being a lone wolf is overrated. You may enjoy it now when you're younger but when you get older too much solitude is not fun. Take it from me. I'm 29 and now I'm looking to get as many ppl into my life as I can. People are our mission in this life. Love God 1st others 2nd self last.

But anyways, try not to burn bridges or push people out unless they are toxic. God bless you on your journey

• Agree
Reactions: Brightmoon
Upvote 0

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟586,575.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Jesus spent time with those disciples; how spiritual do you think they were?

And, of course, before then, Jesus left Heaven itself in order to reach us and save us so He could share God's own good with us. So, instead of looking for people to talk about Him, go to people and do what He did.

Upvote 0

Carl Emerson

Dec 18, 2017
Auckland
✟380,260.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You will not find in scripture where God calls us to be self centered. We are to have an outward focus conducting kingdom Work...

The scripture also says "they also serve who only stand and wait...

Upvote 0

biblicalbro

Child of God
Aug 19, 2014
✟29,047.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I'm not denying those things, regardless of how I feel for that would be foolish to go against God's Word. Of course we are to be missional and relational. But there's also a place for solitude. Not overrated but necessary. It keeps one from becoming clingy, learning to be content in God and receiving from God so that I may share with others. All about balance. That would be my advice, take it or leave it.

It's definitely difficult to find relationships nowadays, even if you're among the crowds. Even in our social media age, loneliness as become an epidemic for many. But God will provide and let it be so through us as His church.

Love you all and thanks for sharing!

Reactions: renniks
Upvote 0

mina

Brown Eyed girl
Sep 26, 2003
in the South
✟115,511.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There are different types of personalities; God made people to be different. Being an introvert can have it's strengths but it also has it's challenges. There is nothing wrong with being introverted, but it can be a sin if you love yourself too much and never want to show an interest in people. You don't have to be a social superficial butterfly, but you can show people sincere caring.

• Friendly
Reactions: biblicalbro
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

biblicalbro

Child of God
Aug 19, 2014
✟29,047.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
There are different types of personalities; God made people to be different. Being an introvert can have it's strengths but it also has it's challenges. There is nothing wrong with being introverted, but it can be a sin if you love yourself too much and never want to show an interest in people. You don't have to be a social superficial butterfly, but you can show people sincere caring.

love this. Thank you for sharing. God bless you richly!

• Friendly
Reactions: mina
Upvote 0

longwait

Mar 14, 2016
asia
✟85,978.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'm introverted and also a homebody. I do not like hanging out in groups. In fact, I despise it. Oftentimes, I feel left out and lonely in those scenarios. Plus, following people around can be so draining/immature. Even in church can be difficult, as it's mainly greetings and small talk. It can come off as superficial. Social media I find much worse.

Solitude for me, is so peaceful and relaxing. My sole exception would be hanging out with a select few people in which we share meaningful discussions, especially about God.

What do you do during your times of solitude? Do you use it to promote your relationship with the Lord?

Upvote 0

renniks

Jun 2, 2008
✟149,430.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I also love solitude. God speaks the loudest when we make time to be silent and alone. Sometimes not liking crowds can feel like a burden. But I try to appreciate the many gifts God has given me. It's hard to explain the appeal of solitude. I think I understand a little bit how the monks felt about it.

• Friendly
Reactions: biblicalbro
Upvote 0