Visit site
✟293,812.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
You do see the contradiction in your answer don't you?
No.
I do know the sequence of events yet to happen. The 3 attacks: Psalms 83, G/M and Armageddon, all happen before Jesus Returns. The GWT is after the Millennium and only then is Death abolished and immortality given to those whose names are in the Book of Life. As prophesied in 1 Corinthians 15:50-56

Upvote 0

dougangel

Regular
Site Supporter
May 7, 2012
New Zealand
✟85,556.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Ok so wow you guys still arguing about this stuff. We shall see one day anyway. Lol
I can't really agree with you and what you said at the start of the post.
I don't think there is anything wrong with discussing the scriptures. Jesus did say that the day and hour is unknown but we will know the seasons. Like the virgins that won't be surprised because there ready.The bible actually tells us to know whats in it and to work out the prophecies

• Agree
Reactions: keras
Upvote 0

claninja

Jan 8, 2017
indiana
✟298,336.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The word 'end' in v.3 is 'synteleia', completion, consummation, end
The word WORLD in verse 3 is aiōn and it means...
for ever, an unbroken age, perpetuity of time, eternity, the worlds, universe, period of time, age.

Vines says...
"AION is not the world, but a period or epoch or era in which events take place."

Absolutely agree

In nearly every instance where the word 'aion' (world) is used with the word end, it is used to describe the end of something in the future. Jesus opened the age (world) when he died and Rose again. His visible return closes or ENDS the age when he returns.
Yes, but not all instances. It can sometimes refer to past ages. While I agree with you that Christ's 2nd coming closes or ends the age, can you provide scripture on this?

Now lets look at Hebrews 9 and compare. It uses the same word for end and world as in Mathew 24 and several other places. UH OH I'm done... but, there is a difference.

Hebrews 9:26 is the only place the word eon is eonS or PLURAL
when used in the phrase "end of the world." "World" not being a great word for 'eonS.' Age/AGES is much better. In Hebrews 9 it should NOT be rendered "the end of the age" BUT "the end of the ages." So that needs to be considered in the context of the passage.

The difference doesn't really matter whether it is age or ages. The old covenant came to its end, while the new covenant began.

Upvote 0

claninja

Jan 8, 2017
indiana
✟298,336.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The very last 'enemy' is Death, that wont be done away with until after the Great White Throne Judgement, after the Millennium.

He will be in heaven

I asked where will Christ be until all his enemies are put under his feet? you replied in heaven

I asked what is the last enemy to be put under Jesus' feet? you replied death

However, if death, as you say, is defeated 'after the millennium', but Christ is on earth during the millennium, how can Christ be in heaven until ALL his enemies are defeated as the scriptures say?

Upvote 0

Goatee

Jesus, please forgive me, a sinner.
Aug 16, 2015
Under a Rock. Wales, UK
✟77,615.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Divorced
Jesus came and conquered all. All through history people have been predicting the end, via Revelation writings. All have been wrong so far!

I have faith that Jesus came and opened up a gateway to heaven. Man will destroy the earth, not God!

Reactions: jgr
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

keras

Writer of studies on Bible prophecy
Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟293,812.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
However, if death, as you say, is defeated 'after the millennium', but Christ is on earth during the millennium, how can Christ be in heaven until ALL his enemies are defeated as the scriptures say?
The Biblical facts are: Jesus will destroy His enemies in the Psalms 83, G/M and Armageddon attacks. He then commences His Millennium reign.
At the end of the Mill, the New Jerusalem and God Himself come down to earth. Revelation 21:1-4 Therefore heaven will be on earth, and then Death will be no more.

Upvote 0

Goatee

Aug 16, 2015
Under a Rock. Wales, UK
✟77,615.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Divorced
The Biblical facts are: Jesus will destroy His enemies in the Psalms 83, G/M and Armageddon attacks. He then commences His Millennium reign.
At the end of the Mill, the New Jerusalem and God Himself come down to earth. Revelation 21:1-4 Therefore heaven will be on earth, and then Death will be no more.

Again, literal interpretations can be dangerous! One has to remember it was written in a time when people would interpret things differently to us in this modern age. 99.9% or Revelations has happened. Don't let modernistic views skew the real words.

Upvote 0

jgr

Site Supporter
Feb 25, 2008
✟784,067.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
99% of Revelation has not happened. Don't let you're mentors mislead and deceive you any more.

I really like this one GT...

Only in the mind of a historicist. Written at a time when people would interpret things different???

According to historicism, books like Mathew had 5 years to be preached, copied, and distributed throughout the world, in a time of severe persecution!

It's amazing what people fall for.
What is your literal explanation for Genesis 3:15, which is the first prophecy in Scripture?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Goatee

Aug 16, 2015
Under a Rock. Wales, UK
✟77,615.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Divorced
99% of Revelation has not happened. Don't let you're mentors mislead and deceive you any more.

I really like this one GT...
Only in the mind of a historicist. Written at a time when people would interpret things different???

According to historicism, books like Mathew had 5 years to be preached, copied, and distributed throughout the world, in a time of severe persecution!

It's amazing what people fall for.

You interpret it very much differently than a 1st century Christian would!

Upvote 0

keras

Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟293,812.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
You interpret it very much differently than a 1st century Christian would!
Yes, because they thought they were in the last days and it didn't happen as Written. But scripture stands and in God's timing: it all will come to pass.
If you don't believe that, why believe any of the Bible?

Upvote 0

Goatee

Aug 16, 2015
Under a Rock. Wales, UK
✟77,615.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Divorced
Yes, because they thought they were in the last days and it didn't happen as Written. But scripture stands and in God's timing: it all will come to pass.
If you don't believe that, why believe any of the Bible?

It did come to pass. As Jesus stated, in their generation! By 70AD.

Upvote 0

keras

Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟293,812.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
It did come to pass. As Jesus stated, in their generation! By 70AD
As proof that you don't know history, the final dispersion of the Jews by Emperor Hadrian, was in 135 AD.
A knowledge of history and a proper reading of the Bible, is enough for anyone to know that much remains to be fulfilled. It is just denial and a pathetic wish to avoid any hard times ahead, that drives preterism.

Upvote 0

jgr

Site Supporter
Feb 25, 2008
✟784,067.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
As proof that you don't know history, the final dispersion of the Jews by Emperor Hadrian, was in 135 AD.
A knowledge of history and a proper reading of the Bible, is enough for anyone to know that much remains to be fulfilled. It is just denial and a pathetic wish to avoid any hard times ahead, that drives preterism.
No preterist I know of denies:

John 16:33
These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.

Acts 14:22
Confirming the souls of the disciples, and exhorting them to continue in the faith, and that we must through much tribulation enter into the kingdom of God.

Romans 5:3
And not only so, but we glory in tribulations also: knowing that tribulation worketh patience;

2 Corinthians 1:4
Who comforteth us in all our tribulation, that we may be able to comfort them which are in any trouble, by the comfort wherewith we ourselves are comforted of God.

1 Thessalonians 3:4
For verily, when we were with you, we told you before that we should suffer tribulation; even as it came to pass, and ye know.

Revelation 1:9
I John, who also am your brother, and companion in tribulation, and in the kingdom and patience of Jesus Christ, was in the isle that is called Patmos, for the word of God, and for the testimony of Jesus Christ.

Upvote 0