Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Doesn't matter if the fig tree is tied into the post, verse 33 says, "SO LIKEWISE," is a copulative that connects the content previously spoken. So no matter how hard you try, you cannot separate what Jesus said between verres 3-33, the fig tree budding, and the generation that sees it pass.

32 Now learn a parable of the fig tree; When his branch is yet tender, and putteth forth leaves, ye know that summer is nigh:

33 So likewise ye, when ye shall see all these things, know that it is near, even at the doors.

34 Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled.

If the Fig tree is Israel, then Who are "all Trees" in Luke 21:29-30?
Then He spoke to them a parable: “Look at the fig tree, and all the trees. When they are already budding, you see and know for yourselves that summer is now near.

But wait... you recently, emphatically informed me that parables are NOT EVER PROPHETIC, so I guess you answered your own question.

Upvote 0

keras

Writer of studies on Bible prophecy
Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟290,794.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
If the Fig tree is Israel, then Who are "all Trees" in Luke 21:29-30?
Then He spoke to them a parable: “Look at the fig tree, and all the trees. When they are already budding, you see and know for yourselves that summer is now near.
The fig tree, specifically refers to the Jewish people. Jeremiah 24:5-10, Matthew 21:19
All the trees, must be every other nation, who are now, in the main, experiencing unprecedented peace and prosperity. This has not been the case before this century.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

keras

Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟290,794.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Our Generation will live to see it all:

Luke 21:29-36 Jesus told them a parable: Look at the fig tree, as soon as it buds you can tell that summer is near. In the same way when you see all this happening, you will know that the Kingdom of God is near. Truly, I tell you the present generation will live to see it all. My words will never pass away.
Be on your guard, do not let your minds be dulled by dissipation or worldly cares so that the great Day catches you unawares, for that Day will come upon everyone, the whole world over. Be on the alert, praying at all times for strength to pass safely through all that is coming and to stand in the presence of the Son of Man. Ref: REB

The present generation - or the generation present: the same thing. When they see Judah become a nation again, we will know the end of this age is near.

The fig tree – Israel is the vine, Judah is the fig tree: Hosea 9:10, Isaiah 5:7. The parable of the fig tree applies to the House of Judah, Matthew 21:43. Therefore when Judah starts to bud, that is: becomes a nation again, as they formed the State of Israel in May 1948, then within that generation, [a lifetime of 70 years] the end times events will commence. Ezekiel 12:25

The great Day – The Day of the Lord’s vengeance and wrath, the multi prophesied judgement/punishment of the nations, an event that will come unexpectedly, sudden and shocking all those who have failed to understand the Lord's plans and purposes. Isaiah 29:5-12, Isaiah 66:15-16, Revelation 6:12-17

That Day will come upon everyone There is no ‘rapture’ at this time, all will go through this judgement. Isaiah 24:1, Psalms 50:1-3, Zephaniah 3:8

Strength to pass safely through – This is often mistranslated as ‘escape all these things’, which is a serious error and is incorrect, as the previous sentence has just stated ‘that Day will come upon everyone’. What the Lord promises, is not a removal from earth – an escape as such, but protection. Psalms 91, Isaiah 43:1-2

The presence of the Son of Man – Jesus called Himself the ‘Son of Man’, when He was present on earth in a human body. This was necessary so as He could become our ‘kinsman Redeemer’. After the great Day of the Lord, when every faithful Christian has gathered in the holy Land, they will stand in His presence when the 144,000 are selected; Revelation 14:1. Then, later at His glorious Return, His Name will be ‘The Word of God’. Revelation 19:13

• Winner
Reactions: Hal A Peno
Upvote 0

Goatee

Jesus, please forgive me, a sinner.
Aug 16, 2015
Under a Rock. Wales, UK
✟77,615.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Divorced
Our Generation will live to see it all:

Luke 21:29-36 Jesus told them a parable: Look at the fig tree, as soon as it buds you can tell that summer is near. In the same way when you see all this happening, you will know that the Kingdom of God is near. Truly, I tell you the present generation will live to see it all. My words will never pass away.
Be on your guard, do not let your minds be dulled by dissipation or worldly cares so that the great Day catches you unawares, for that Day will come upon everyone, the whole world over. Be on the alert, praying at all times for strength to pass safely through all that is coming and to stand in the presence of the Son of Man.
Ref: REB

The present generation - or the generation present: the same thing. When they see Judah become a nation again, we will know the end of this age is near.

The fig tree – Israel is the vine, Judah is the fig tree: Hosea 9:10, Isaiah 5:7. The parable of the fig tree applies to the House of Judah, Matthew 21:43. Therefore when Judah starts to bud, that is: becomes a nation again, as they formed the State of Israel in May 1948, then within that generation, [a lifetime of 70 years] the end times events will commence. Ezekiel 12:25

The great Day – The Day of the Lord’s vengeance and wrath, the multi prophesied judgement/punishment of the nations, an event that will come unexpectedly, sudden and shocking all those who have failed to understand the Lord's plans and purposes. Isaiah 29:5-12, Isaiah 66:15-16, Revelation 6:12-17

That Day will come upon everyone There is no ‘rapture’ at this time, all will go through this judgement. Isaiah 24:1, Psalms 50:1-3, Zephaniah 3:8

Strength to pass safely through – This is often mistranslated as ‘escape all these things’, which is a serious error and is incorrect, as the previous sentence has just stated ‘that Day will come upon everyone’. What the Lord promises, is not a removal from earth – an escape as such, but protection. Psalms 91, Isaiah 43:1-2

The presence of the Son of Man – Jesus called Himself the ‘Son of Man’, when He was present on earth in a human body. This was necessary so as He could become our ‘kinsman Redeemer’. After the great Day of the Lord, when every faithful Christian has gathered in the holy Land, they will stand in His presence when the 144,000 are selected; Revelation 14:1. Then, later at His glorious Return, His Name will be ‘The Word of God’. Revelation 19:13

Jesus was telling them about what was going to happen in Jerusalem in 70AD etc. Destruction of the Temple and widespread slaughter etc. You need to see it through the right specs my friend. Too many doom and gloom people trying to interpret it into their own generation. :doh:

Upvote 0

Goatee

Aug 16, 2015
Under a Rock. Wales, UK
✟77,615.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Divorced
Jesus

Jesus never said anything about the temple, he said, "see ye not all these things" and then said not one stone would stand upon another which included the massive stones on the Western Wall. One has to be deluted to believe the events and conditions Jesus describes in ch. 24 to have taken place and considered "the end of the world" in AD 70. And to think, according to these people, that means the gospel had only 5 years to be preached, copied, and sidtributed during a time of severe Roman occupation and persecution.

Mt. 24:14 And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.

Unbelievable people accept theses theories "line, hook, and sinker." You would think a Christian would know better than to accept something that destroy's God's Prophetic Word. That's why I say Preterism and Historicism are borderline antichrist.

Not one stone standing. Well, the 'wall' as you see it now is in all probability how Jesus would have envisaged it. You cannot take some things absolutely literally as these Gospels are not the original writings for a start as they are copies of copies of copies.

It was indeed the end of the world to the Jews! You have to think like those that wrote these words. You are reading them with modenistic interpretations. The Gospel was preached in all the world. How? Because the world as applied then, meant all the 'known' world!

People like you are just fantasizing on a doom and gloom future.

Jesus was talking about the Apostles generation.

Jesus came and conquered the world. Revelation is 99% finished.

Upvote 0

jgr

Supporter
Feb 25, 2008
✟783,467.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Jesus

Jesus never said anything about the temple, he said, "see ye not all these things" and then said not one stone would stand upon another which included the massive stones on the Western Wall. One has to be deluted to believe the events and conditions Jesus describes in ch. 24 to have taken place and considered "the end of the world" in AD 70. And to think, according to these people, that means the gospel had only 5 years to be preached, copied, and sidtributed during a time of severe Roman occupation and persecution.

Mt. 24:14 And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.

Unbelievable people accept theses theories "line, hook, and sinker." You would think a Christian would know better than to accept something that destroy's God's Prophetic Word. That's why I say Preterism and Historicism are borderline antichrist.
Matthew 24:2
And Jesus said unto them, See ye not all these things? verily I say unto you, There shall not be left here one stone upon another, that shall not be thrown down.

Flavius Josephus, Wars of the Jews, Book VII, Chapter VIII
And I cannot but wish that we had all died before we had seen that holy city demolished by the hands of our enemies, or the foundations of our holy temple dug up after so profane a manner.

Unbelievable how people reject Christ's plain words and indulge in futurized fantasies. That's the spirit of antichrist.

Upvote 0

Dave Watchman

Jan 10, 2014
✟67,573.00
Faith
Christian
Not one stone standing. Well, the 'wall' as you see it now is in all probability how Jesus would have envisaged it. You cannot take some things absolutely literally as these Gospels are not the original writings for a start as they are copies of copies of copies.

It was indeed the end of the world to the Jews! You have to think like those that wrote these words. You are reading them with modenistic interpretations. The Gospel was preached in all the world. How? Because the world as applied then, meant all the 'known' world!

I'm sorry Goatee, Jesus was talking about the end of the world. Not the end of the Jew's 1st century world, but the end of our whole wide world. This is much bigger than just a single building or two.

Jesus was talking about the Apostles generation.

Nope. From the time that He left the Temple and was walking away, then until about 25 minutes passed when He arived and sat down on the mount called Olivet, He was talk'in bout my generation.

"And early in the morning all the people came to him in the temple to hear him. But at night he went out and lodged on the mount called Olivet.

When Jesus left the Temple at the end of the day, He motioned to the buildings of the complex and asked: "Do you see all these things?" He could just as easily have been motioning to every man made structure on the face of the earth, New York, Tokyo, London.

"There will not be left here one stone upon another that will not be thrown down.”

It is astounding, the man made architectural accomplishments that we have made in the great cities of the world. But at the end of the tribulation, 100 pound hailstones are going to fall and there will be a severe earthquake. Every island and mountain are going to be moved out of it's place. No earthquake like it has ever occurred since mankind has been on earth, so tremendous was the quake. There will not be here on the entire planet one stone left standing. At the end of the millennium, the wicked will march over the "broad plain" of the earth.

It's remains to this day about a 25 minute walk down the Temple mount, through the Kiddron Valley and up to the mount of Olives. After they got to the mount called Olivet it was night, it must have dawned on a few of the disciples what Jesus was talking about when they left the Temple. I can only imagine the looks on Peter and James and John and Andrew's faces as the asked Him privately,

“Tell us, when will these things be, and what will be the sign of your coming and of the end of the age?”

Jesus came and conquered the world. Revelation is 99% finished.

Just by measuring from where we are in the 12 prophetic time periods, we are probably approximately 2/3's of the way through Revelation's narrative. Much further through than most people realize.

"It opened its mouth to utter blasphemies against God,
blaspheming his name and his dwelling, that is, those who dwell in heaven.

Upvote 0

Goatee

Aug 16, 2015
Under a Rock. Wales, UK
✟77,615.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Divorced
I'm sorry Goatee, Jesus was talking about the end of the world. Not the end of the Jew's 1st century world, but the end of our whole wide world. This is much bigger than just a single building or two.

Nope. From the time that He left the Temple and was walking away, then until about 25 minutes passed when He arived and sat down on the mount called Olivet, He was talk'in bout my generation.

"And early in the morning all the people came to him in the temple to hear him. But at night he went out and lodged on the mount called Olivet.

When Jesus left the Temple at the end of the day, He motioned to the buildings of the complex and asked: "Do you see all these things?" He could just as easily have been motioning to every man made structure on the face of the earth, New York, Tokyo, London.

"There will not be left here one stone upon another that will not be thrown down.”

It is astounding, the man made architectural accomplishments that we have made in the great cities of the world. But at the end of the tribulation, 100 pound hailstones are going to fall and there will be a severe earthquake. Every island and mountain are going to be moved out of it's place. No earthquake like it has ever occurred since mankind has been on earth, so tremendous was the quake. There will not be here on the entire planet one stone left standing. At the end of the millennium, the wicked will march over the "broad plain" of the earth.

It's remains to this day about a 25 minute walk down the Temple mount, through the Kiddron Valley and up to the mount of Olives. After they got to the mount called Olivet it was night, it must have dawned on a few of the disciples what Jesus was talking about when they left the Temple. I can only imagine the looks on Peter and James and John and Andrew's faces as the asked Him privately,

“Tell us, when will these things be, and what will be the sign of your coming and of the end of the age?”

Just by measuring from where we are in the 12 prophetic time periods, we are probably approximately 2/3's of the way through Revelation's narrative. Much further through than most people realize.

"It opened its mouth to utter blasphemies against God,
blaspheming his name and his dwelling, that is, those who dwell in heaven.

Thank you friend but you have interpreted it incorrectly.

God bless you too

• Friendly
Reactions: Dave Watchman
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

jgr

Supporter
Feb 25, 2008
✟783,467.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I don't reject Christ plain words. I accept them at face value...

"See ye not all these things"
1459468802.png

Verily I say unto you, There shall not be left here one stone upon another, that shall not be thrown down.

The Temple was never mentioned, only "one stone upon another, that shall not be thrown down."
Matthew 24
1 And Jesus went out, and departed from the temple: and his disciples came to him for to shew him the buildings of the temple.
2 And Jesus said unto them, See ye not all these things? verily I say unto you, There shall not be left here one stone upon another, that shall not be thrown down.

What stones were here, if not those of the temple?

Upvote 0

keras

Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟290,794.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
What stones were here, if not those of the temple?
The existing stones; the Wailing Wall, etc, are just the Temple mount surrounds, the Temple itself was some distance from edge of the Temple platform.
The prophecy of Jesus in Matthew 24:1-2 was fulfilled in 70 AD.

• Agree
Reactions: jgr
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Goatee

Aug 16, 2015
Under a Rock. Wales, UK
✟77,615.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Divorced
I don't reject Christ plain words. I accept them at face value...

"See ye not all these things"
1459468802.png

Verily I say unto you, There shall not be left here one stone upon another, that shall not be thrown down.

The Temple was never mentioned, only "one stone upon another, that shall not be thrown down."

You are looking at it too literally and with a modenistic twist!

Upvote 0