• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

Featured So what's with all the weird stuff

Discussion in 'Eschatology - Endtimes & Prophecy Forum' started by Jenniferdiana, Aug 3, 2017.

1. Goatee

Goatee Jesus, please forgive me, a sinner.

+3,558
    United Kingdom
    Catholic
    Divorced
    No, what I believe in is the words of Jesus Christ. What you believe in is twisting scripture to suit YOUR own individual belief system.

Many read scripture without thinking that it was written in a time when people were used to the way these things were written. It was written for the people of that time in a way that they knew how to read it. Today, we read it with a modern 'look or 'eye'.

You are indeed stuck in the mud with your own view my dear buddy.

Jesus came and conquered. Jesus spoke of the Apostles generation. Jesus spoke only the truth.

Leaving this thread now.

God bless you all

Last edited: Aug 22, 2017
  2. tdidymas

tdidymas Newbie

+612
    Baptist
    Single
    US-Republican
    It clearly states that it is a parable, not an allegory.
    TD:)

3. tdidymas

tdidymas Newbie

+612
    Baptist
    Single
    US-Republican
    Sounds like you're waiting for a nuclear holocaust.

1 Tim. 6:20 "O Timothy, guard what has been entrusted to you, avoiding worldly and empty chatter and the opposing arguments of what is falsely called knowledge"
    TD:wave:

4. Hal A Peno

Hal A Peno Well-Known Member

+147
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Private
    US-Others
    drhsrt

Last edited: Sep 12, 2017
  5. Hal A Peno

Hal A Peno Well-Known Member

+147
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Private
    US-Others
    rftgujh

Last edited: Sep 12, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  6. jgr

jgr Well-Known Member Supporter

+3,172
    Non-Denom
    ABSOLUTELY LUDICROUS AND FOOLISH is a perfect description of the refusal to believe the Scripture's plain declaration that the Gospel reached the whole world in that day.

Romans 1:8 First, I thank my God through Jesus Christ for you all, that your faith is spoken of throughout the whole world.

Romans 16
    25 Now to him that is of power to stablish you according to my gospel, and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery, which was kept secret since the world began,
    26 But now is made manifest, and by the scriptures of the prophets, according to the commandment of the everlasting God, made known to all nations for the obedience of faith:

Colossians 1
    5 For the hope which is laid up for you in heaven, whereof ye heard before in the word of the truth of the gospel;
    6 Which is come unto you, as it is in all the world; and bringeth forth fruit, as it doth also in you, since the day ye heard of it, and knew the grace of God in truth:
    23 If ye continue in the faith grounded and settled, and be not moved away from the hope of the gospel, which ye have heard, and which was preached to every creature which is under heaven; whereof I Paul am made a minister;

7. keras

keras Writer of Bible prophecy studies.

+1,610
    New Zealand
    Pentecostal
    Married
    Oh really?
    Matthew 24:32-34 Learn a lesson from the fig tree......REB, NIV, CJB, etc A lesson, not a parable.
    Only the KJV says 'parable'. A typical mis-translation of the KJV.

But what you and all who think the world will just carry on as it is forever, or at least for your lifetime, need to realize: there is about to happen world changing events. The Prophets tell us everything about it and what follows. Why shouldn't you be aware and prepared, as God wants us to be?

8. Amazing Horse

Amazing Horse Active Member

+95
    Poland
    Non-Denom
    Single
    Let's say we put 100b people since 90 AD and everybody pick date and hour , wouldn't it be possible that at least one man knew day and hour ? Yet Jesus say that nobody knows.

My theory is that nobody knows because it's literally between days on some feast maybe Rosh Hashana , so nobody can know day and nobody can know hour even if people tried to know it . I base it on this : Luke 12:38

And if he shall come in the second watch, or come in the third watch, and find them so, blessed are those servants.

It's not second and not third , but all of them , but what is watch ?

This is how Jewish day looks like , they don't start day at 00:00 like we do . For Jews 00:00 is middle of night , end of 2nd watch start of 3rd watch .

Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet

So if you guys think i might be right then giv my horse Winner medal he will like it .

9. Dave Watchman

Dave Watchman Well-Known Member

+569
    Christian
    Your horse might be on to something.

[​IMG]

10. tdidymas

tdidymas Newbie

+612
    Baptist
    Single
    US-Republican
    The Greek term is parabolē, so it is not a mistranslation. Such rash arguments with no depth of study is typical of the pretrib camp.

11. keras

+1,610
    New Zealand
    Pentecostal
    Married
    Firstly, I am not pre-trib. I do not believe in any rapture to heaven.

What Jesus said in Luke 21:29-32 is for our edification and a fig tree represents Judah, the Jews. They have now made a part of the holy Land fruitful, in fulfilment of that prophecy. Soon to come is Luke 21:25-26

12. Amazing Horse

+95
    Poland
    Non-Denom
    Single
    So why is Jesus preparing mansions for us if we never get to them ? John 14:2-3
    What about our bodies ? 1 Corinthians 15:50 tells us we can't inherit with blood and flesh , so when Jesus come back will he murder all of earth so we can inherit ?

13. parousia70

parousia70 I'm livin' in yesterday's tomorrow Supporter

+2,937
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Others
    Actually it was earlier.. about AD 41.

End of the AGE, no the World.

Rather, 29 years

And it WAS!
    Romans 1:8 First, I thank my God through Jesus Christ for you all, that your faith is spoken of throughout the whole world.

Romans 16
    25 Now to him that is of power to stablish you according to my gospel, and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery, which was kept secret since the world began,
    26 But now is made manifest, and by the scriptures of the prophets, according to the commandment of the everlasting God, made known to all nations for the obedience of faith:

Colossians 1
    5 For the hope which is laid up for you in heaven, whereof ye heard before in the word of the truth of the gospel;
    6 Which is come unto you, as it is in all the world; and bringeth forth fruit, as it doth also in you, since the day ye heard of it, and knew the grace of God in truth:
    23 If ye continue in the faith grounded and settled, and be not moved away from the hope of the gospel, which ye have heard, and which was preached to every creature which is under heaven; whereof I Paul am made a minister;

Lest see, inspired Apostle Paul Infallibly states the Gospel HAD been preached to all nations, the whole world and every creature by the Mid 60's AD.

Random, 21st century fallible internet guy Hal says "NO that is not true".

I've said this before but it's well worth pointing out again:
    When faced with choosing between these two POLAR OPPOSITE positions, that of The Apostle Paul vs that of Random internet guy Hal, my money is on the Apostle, every time.

14. keras

+1,610
    New Zealand
    Pentecostal
    Married
    The New Jerusalem comes down to earth after the Millennium. Revelation 21 & 22

1 Corinthians 15:50-56 is all about those whose names are in the Book of Life. That Book is not opened until after the Great White Throne Judgement. No one gains immortality before this, thinking they do; is just part of the false rapture theory.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2017
  15. Amazing Horse

+95
    Poland
    Non-Denom
    Single
    So how are 24 elders sitting and giving crowns to Jesus in heaven if they don't have thier bodies here ?Revelation 4:10
    If judgement did not happend yet how they have thier crowns as rewards ? Where did they buy them ?

Also let's not forget about wedding ceremony Revelation 19:7-9
    If all believers are one body and bride for Christ ( 1 Corinthians 12:12, Ephesians 5:24-27 , ) . If there is no rapture why are they having wedding in heaven while wife is down here on earth ? Was she not invited to her own wedding ?

16. keras

+1,610
    New Zealand
    Pentecostal
    Married
    I notice that you don't [can't] refute my post #294.
    Who are the 24 Elders? We are not told and guesswork is foolishness.

Where is the Wedding feast? We are not told and again; guesswork is foolishness.
    But we can read what Revelation 19 does say: v 7-8, the Bride is made ready, then in verse 11 Jesus comes down to earth. What is the conclusion from this sequence?

17. tdidymas

tdidymas Newbie

+612
    Baptist
    Single
    US-Republican
    Regardless, your blunder on the parable proves that your interpretation is not trustworthy.