✟293,815.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
No preterist I know of denies:
So just how much testing and trials have you experienced?
Have you the strength to endure what the prophets say will happen in the last days? God will test everyone on His forthcoming Day of wrath. 1 Peter 4:12

Upvote 0

Goatee

Jesus, please forgive me, a sinner.
Aug 16, 2015
Under a Rock. Wales, UK
✟77,615.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Divorced
As proof that you don't know history, the final dispersion of the Jews by Emperor Hadrian, was in 135 AD.
A knowledge of history and a proper reading of the Bible, is enough for anyone to know that much remains to be fulfilled. It is just denial and a pathetic wish to avoid any hard times ahead, that drives preterism.

Well 70AD was when the Temple was destroyed. It all came to pass as Jesus said it would. I believe the words of Jesus myself. Hard times ahead you say? Those who have followed Jesus since His time on earth have had 'hard times'. Tribulation has gone hand in hand with Christianity.

It's very sad indeed to see so many sucked into reading Revelation with the wrong spectacles on!

Jesus said these thing would happen in the Apostles generation. I believe Jesus.

• Agree
Reactions: parousia70
Upvote 0

jgr

Site Supporter
Feb 25, 2008
✟784,067.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
So just how much testing and trials have you experienced?
Have you the strength to endure what the prophets say will happen in the last days? God will test everyone on His forthcoming Day of wrath. 1 Peter 4:12
You and I will both be called upon to endure whatever tribulation God decides that we will have (John 16:33), just as has always been true for His Church.

Upvote 0

keras

Writer of studies on Bible prophecy
Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟293,815.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
We have been tested since Christianity began! 2,000 years of tribulation!
Perhaps you could be a little more specific?
For myself, living in New Zealand; I have a very comfortable life and want for nothing.
Does the Catholic Church still have torture instruments for their members who miss the Mass?

Upvote 0

keras

Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟293,815.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Jesus said these thing would happen in the Apostles generation. I believe Jesus.
Jesus said: when you see these things, then this generation will see it all.
This is quite plain: it will be the people who see the signs, who will experience the end times events.

Upvote 0

keras

Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟293,815.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Is that from your REB version? Which verse?
Why be pedantic about the exact wording? We all work from translations that are subject to the translators best guess and their church doctrinal angle.
The fact is, those signs Jesus mentioned; have happened in our generation. The fig tree budding, is plainly the establishment of the State of Israel.

Thinking that it all happened in the first century, is wrong and we now await the coming of the Son of Man, in His vengeance and wrath, to judge a world that is once again; as in the days of Noah. Matthew 24:37-41

Upvote 0

jgr

Site Supporter
Feb 25, 2008
✟784,067.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Why be pedantic about the exact wording?
Because if it is Matthew 24:34, it is unlike any other wording that I've ever seen or heard e.g. in the NASB, YLT, or KJV. What translators' best guess and doctrinal angle does it represent?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

keras

Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟293,815.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Because if it is Matthew 24:34, it is unlike any other wording that I've ever seen or heard e.g. in the NASB, YLT, or KJV. What translators' best guess and doctrinal angle does it represent?
Jesus said: In the same way, when you see these things, you may know the end is near, at the very door. Truly I tell you: this generation will live see it all. Matthew 24:33-34 Revised English Bible, Oxford Press 1989
This is quite plain: it will be the people who see the signs, who will experience the end times events.
If you want to believe that the fig tree [Judah] budded in 2000years ago: its you prerogative, I don't.

Upvote 0

jgr

Site Supporter
Feb 25, 2008
✟784,067.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
If you want to believe that the fig tree [Judah] budded in 2000years ago: its you prerogative, I don't.
Here, again, is my last post:

Do you see the words "fig" or "tree" in the post?

Are you able to answer the questions?

Upvote 0

tdidymas

Aug 28, 2014
Houston, TX
✟163,485.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
No, it does not say that. It actually says:
"Truly I say to you, this generation will not pass away until all these things take place." (Mat. 24:34).

The phrase "this generation" means the generation alive when Jesus was there, namely in the 1st Century, which is exactly what it means everywhere else in the NT the phrase is used. In fact, the phrase is also used many times in the OT, and it means exactly the same thing - the generation alive at the time it was written.
TD:)

• Agree
Reactions: Goatee
Upvote 0

keras

Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟293,815.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Do you see the words "fig" or "tree" in the post?
Context, dear friend, context.
No, it does not say that. It actually says:
"Truly I say to you, this generation will not pass away until all these things take place." (Mat. 24:34).
So when do you say that the 'fig tree' budded?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

keras

Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟293,815.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
You seem unwilling to divulge the Bible version from which you are quoting. Why?
I did post that information and repeated it in #231.
When did the 'fig tree' bud and break into leaf? We know the fig represents Judah, the Jewish people. They were slaughtered and enslaved in AD 70 and totally exiled in 135 AD. But they established a new nation in the holy Land, in May 1948. Up until that time, most people couldn't see how the fig tree budding prophecy could be fulfilled. But it was and it is THIS generation that will see it all.
IT - being all the well prophesied end time events, leading up to the glorious Return of Jesus for His Millennium reign.

Upvote 0

Goatee

Aug 16, 2015
Under a Rock. Wales, UK
✟77,615.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Divorced
Perhaps you could be a little more specific?
For myself, living in New Zealand; I have a very comfortable life and want for nothing.
Does the Catholic Church still have torture instruments for their members who miss the Mass?

Try living in other countries where Catholicism / Christians are still being persecuted. Just thank the Lord that you are in a safe place and comfortable.

Upvote 0

Goatee

Aug 16, 2015
Under a Rock. Wales, UK
✟77,615.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Divorced

Obviously you are twisting scripture to suit YOUR narrow beliefs.

Matthew 24:34
34 Truly, I say to you, this generation will not pass away till all these things take place.

Upvote 0

Goatee

Aug 16, 2015
Under a Rock. Wales, UK
✟77,615.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Divorced
Doesn't matter if the fig tree is tied into the post, verse 33 says, "SO LIKEWISE," is a copulative that connects the content previously spoken. So no matter how hard you try, you cannot separate what Jesus said between verres 3-33, the fig tree budding, and the generation that sees it pass.

32 Now learn a parable of the fig tree; When his branch is yet tender, and putteth forth leaves, ye know that summer is nigh:

33 So likewise ye, when ye shall see all these things, know that it is near, even at the doors.

34 Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled.

Exactly. THIS GENERATION! Not thousands of years ahead! Jesus was speaking about the Apostles generation.

Last edited:
Upvote 0