Wisconsin, United States of America
✟654,363.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
You are acting as if keeping these random documents was deliberate. I see a grief stricken man who set aside plans for a presidential run due to heartbreak, struggling to keep it all together as he dealt with fatherless grandchildren and a son who turned to cocaine to deal with his grief.
Perhaps you think that Biden's mind and Trump's mind are similar. They are completely unlike.
Biden is kindly, empathetic, family-oriented.
I do not think Trump was necessarily planning to run off with state secrets.
He just thought his plans to overturn the election would work so he packed in a hurry, throwing things haphazardly into boxes. I don't see premeditation, except in refusing to abide by subpoenas.
Sounds like you're saying that he was so overwhelmed that he could no longer be trusted to safely and competently do his job, even as VP, much less as president.
Do you think impeachment would help?

Upvote 0

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,092,694.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
He did the responsible thing not running in 2016 when he was in the throes of grief. It seems as though he has processed this grief now. He threw himself into establishing a foundation to find a cure for the brain cancer that took not only Beau's life but his dear friend John McCain's. His son Hunter conquered his addiction and is now remarried with a young child. Have you ever lost someone really close to you? It takes time to heal and move forward but he knew that was what Beau would have wanted

Reactions: Brihaha
Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟654,363.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
He did the responsible thing not running in 2016 when he was in the throes of grief. It seems as though he has processed this grief now. He threw himself into establishing a foundation to find a cure for the brain cancer that took not only Beau's life but his dear friend John McCain's. His son Hunter conquered his addiction and is now remarried with a young child. Have you ever lost someone really close to you? It takes time to heal and move forward but he knew that was what Beau would have wanted
Thanks for brining up Hunter's child which Joe doesn't even acknowledge: Hunter Biden’s out-of-wedlock daughter left out of White House Christmas display

And yes, I've lost loved ones as well. But I never put national security in jeopardy as a result.

As for Hunter:

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟438,118.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Pelosi demonstrated her knowledge of that when she stated that we need to pass bills to find out what is in them.

That was misquoted...and honestly, if stuff like that didn't happen before CNN and NYT became partisan hacks...I wonder if things wouldn't be different.

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟438,118.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Yeah, that's the narrative. Just the last in a long list to invent reasons to back up not liking a Democrat.

You think this reason is invented?

Kinda like Behghazi, Obama's birth certificate and wearing a tan suit.

Tan suit?

When a political party's platform has been reduced to "own the libs", it's the kind of lame stuff one would expect to see to keep the base from thinking too hard.

This would be a "self own". Liberals can claim its a big deal when Trump has highly classified documents and hasn't turned them all over. They can even be naive enough to believe that Biden’s lawyers weren't busy, so they were just packing up his stuff at the old office and came across some documents he forgot about....but luckily, gave them a key to access. Maybe they think that's what lawyers do....and it has nothing to do with attorney client privilege.

But when they also find documents at his home....it's time to stop sending people personally on his payroll and start raiding everywhere he's worked since 2008.

Upvote 0

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,092,694.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Thanks for brining up Hunter's child which Joe doesn't even acknowledge: Hunter Biden’s out-of-wedlock daughter left out of White House Christmas display

And yes, I've lost loved ones as well. But I never put national security in jeopardy as a result.

As for Hunter:
Hunter Biden remarried and has a two year old boy.

There was no intent to keep the documents. They were returned voluntarily as soon as the attorneys discovered their presence.

In the case of the former president, requests and subpoenas to return the documents were ignored, demonstrating an intent to flout the law and National security.

And therein lies the difference. And that difference explains why the offense of the former president is so much more serious.

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟438,118.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married

Good for him. What kind of work does he do again? Family business?

There was no intent to keep the documents. They were returned voluntarily as soon as the attorneys discovered their presence.

You're assuming all this. It would require an investigation to verify.

I'm sure the guy investigating won't even need subpoenas. I'm sure the president and his lawyers will immediately cooperate with any requests.

In the case of the former president, requests and subpoenas to return the documents were ignored, demonstrating an intent to flout the law and National security.

That's the administration's side.

And therein lies the difference. And that difference explains why the offense of the former president is so much more serious.

Well in terms of what they did...it's exactly the same. In terms of who you trust....it's wildly different.

I think Trump should declare himself a black muslim....thereby requiring a full independent investigation of Joe and friends lest he be accused of using his white privilege.

Upvote 0

Valletta

Oct 10, 2020
Minnesota
✟215,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
You are acting as if keeping these random documents was deliberate. I see a grief stricken man who set aside plans for a presidential run due to heartbreak, struggling to keep it all together as he dealt with fatherless grandchildren and a son who turned to cocaine to deal with his grief.
Perhaps you think that Biden's mind and Trump's mind are similar. They are completely unlike.
Biden is kindly, empathetic, family-oriented.
I do not think Trump was necessarily planning to run off with state secrets.
He just thought his plans to overturn the election would work so he packed in a hurry, throwing things haphazardly into boxes. I don't see premeditation, except in refusing to abide by subpoenas.
If it was not deliberate why not just tell us the truth? These guys bragged about transparency, but covered up Joe's theft of documents before the election and the press finally found out and broke the story in January. Then the Biden administration admits documents were found at the Penn Biden Center, but covered up the fact the Joe had classified materials in his garage! Why not just tell Americans all of the locations at once?

Upvote 0

Ceallaigh

May God be with you and bless you.
Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
✟609,204.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Biden is guilty of being in possession of classified documents, which he kept in the garage of his personal residence and other unsecured unapproved locations.

What Biden did after his crime was discovered is irrelevant. A crime is still the same crime, whether or not the criminal cooperates with law enforcement after his crime has been discovered.

Based on statements he made about the illegal possession of classified documents before his crime was uncovered, he was fully aware that he was breaking the law.

Either that or he's not cognizant of what he's doing, which means he's too senile to be in charge of the United States.

There's no way to soft peddle this and sweep it under the rug.

Upvote 0

probinson

Legend
Aug 16, 2005
PA
Visit site
✟135,719.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Hunter Biden also has a 4-year old daughter, Navy Joan, that he is fighting to keep from taking his last name. You remember. She was conceived with a stripper while he was in a relationship with his brother's widow.

I realize that she is wildly inconvenient to the hero portrait you've painted of Joe Biden being a quintessential "family man". Nonetheless she exists, and none of the Bidens want anything to do with her.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟654,363.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single

IOW, biden's defense is basically, "Let me be clear. Yeah, I inappropriately kept and mishandled highly classified documents which is something I demonized the former president for, but it's ok for me because this is different. No joke!"

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟368,887.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
GJw10lS.jpeg

Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟487,378.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
You think this reason is invented?

Fits the pattern. And yet some people keep on falling for it.

Tan suit?

Yep, it made the rounds in the far right manufactured outrage circuit, I think between him being born in Hawaii and using the wrong type of mustard - https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2019/08/28/tan-suit-scandal-obama-trump/

This would be a "self own". Liberals can claim its a big deal when Trump has highly classified documents and hasn't turned them all over. They can even be naive enough to believe that Biden’s lawyers weren't busy, so they were just packing up his stuff at the old office and came across some documents he forgot about....but luckily, gave them a key to access. Maybe they think that's what lawyers do....and it has nothing to do with attorney client privilege.

I appreciate the irony of questioning whether this is manufactured outrage and then immediately manufacturing an imaginary liberal with made up views as a strawman.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Say it aint so

Jun 19, 2020
Seattle
✟118,397.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
This huge difference and the over a year of failed haggling the government had to do to get back documents leading to a raid, will always be conveniently left out by those who claim some bias between how the two situations are being handled.

Last edited:
Reactions: rambot
Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟368,887.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
This huge difference and the over a year hangling the government had to do to get back documents leading to a raid, will always be convienttly left out by those who claim some bias between how the two situations are being handled.
It's a strange blind spot; like comparing an apple and an apple pear. And it kinda happens to often.

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟438,118.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
It's a purposeful blind spot.
Sure is....here's you on the 9th apparently convinced all docs had been found.

The difference is when Trump was notified he had them, he refused to turn them over, when asked twice. He claimed they were his property. So one is obstruction of the DOJ trying to get them back, the other is discovering they were misplaced and making sure they got back. One is cooperating with the DOJ, the other is fighting or has fought with every tooth and nail not to.

Biden has accidentally finished the document search early 3 times now.

How many free passes does Biden get?

Upvote 0