Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

Former First Lady Hillary Clinton said she believes President Biden’s age is a “legitimate” campaign issue even as the commander-in-chief is under fire over a damning special counsel’s report accusing him of being senile.
“I talked to people in the White House all the time, and you know, they know it’s an issue, but as I like to say, ‘look, it’s a legitimate issue,’” Clinton told MSNBC’s Alex Wagner earlier this week. “It’s a legitimate issue for [ex-President Donald] Trump who’s only three years younger, right? So it’s an issue.”
The former Democrat presidential nominee and secretary of state also said during Wednesday’s interview that it might be hard for Biden and Trump to connect with younger voters, the president should highlight his background as an “experienced” leader.
“I think Biden also should lean into the fact that he’s experienced and that experience is not just in the political arena,” she said. “It’s like, the stuff of, you know, human experience, character, wisdom.
“I think he should be willing to really pull that out … and I think he should kid more about it.”

A recent NBC News poll found that 76% of respondents said they’re concerned Biden, 81, is not mentally fit for a second term.

A blistering report from special counsel Robert Hur released Thursday assessed Biden as too senile to be prosecuted over his wrongful retention of classified documents.
It also said the commander-in-chief “did not remember when he was vice president” and “did not remember, even within several years, when his son Beau died” over two days of interviews in October.
Biden, however, lashed out at the description of his mental acuity at a rapidly arranged press conference later Thursday, insisting, “My memory is fine!” and “I know what the hell I’m doing!”
But he did mistakenly refer to the Egyptian President Abdel Fattah El-Sisi as the president of Mexico while speaking to reporters during the gathering.

Laodicean60

Jul 2, 2023
NM
✟31,111.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I'm not sure why Biden's mental state is an issue people could see years ago. I feel sorry for the old dude I watched my mother decline. Unfortunately, our politics aren't for the best man for the job but it's about who can beat who.

Reactions: Vambram
Upvote 0
Aug 29, 2005
✟183,770.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
Old man who forgets names, or old man who will let Russia and Putin invade NATO members who aren't up to date on payments.

The choice is an easy one. Take the old forgetful man and put the the other treasonous old man in prison.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BCP1928

Jan 30, 2024
Goldsboro NC
✟172,750.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Of course his age is an issue. I am the same age as Biden, within a month. I am regarded by my associates and my doctor as unusually fit and alert for my age and show none of the lapses that we see in Biden.

I know I could not be President. I am too old, I tire too quickly, take too long to respond to emergency situations, don't do as well with stress or loss of sleep and on and on. I have no real health problems and take no medication for anything but at my age I could have a debilitating or even fatal health emergency at any time, especially given the demands of the job. Statistically, I would be unlikely to live out my term.

No, it won't work. We absolutely need younger candidates.

Upvote 0

Laodicean60

Jul 2, 2023
NM
✟31,111.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Of course his age is an issue. I am the same age as Biden, within a month. I am regarded by my associates and my doctor as unusually fit and alert for my age and show none of the lapses that we see in Biden.

I know I could not be President. I am too old, I tire too quickly, take too long to respond to emergency situations, don't do as well with stress or loss of sleep and on and on. I have no real health problems and take no medication for anything but at my age I could have a debilitating or even fatal health emergency at any time, especially given the demands of the job. Statistically, I would be unlikely to live out my term.

To be honest, I think boomers have done a terrible job for the last 20 years. Look at the world we are leaving for our kids and grandkids. Instead of peace, we've warmonger. We do need younger blood hopefully our kids can bail us out of the world we created.

• Winner
Reactions: Larniavc
Upvote 0

SimplyMe

Senior Veteran
Jul 19, 2003
the Great Basin
✟330,177.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Unfortunately, neither party appears to have any interest in voting for younger candidates.

Upvote 0

Laodicean60

Jul 2, 2023
NM
✟31,111.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Unfortunately, neither party appears to have any interest in voting for younger candidates.
Sadly true, My kids and their friends are pretty darn smart when I listen to them talk. Years ago my son told me that it was my generation that had created their hardship and of course, I argued. I had to apologize to him and admit I was wrong.

Upvote 0

durangodawood

Dis Member
Aug 28, 2007
Colorado
✟433,247.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single

Former First Lady Hillary Clinton said she believes President Biden’s age is a “legitimate” campaign issue even as the commander-in-chief is under fire over a damning special counsel’s report accusing him of being senile.
“I talked to people in the White House all the time, and you know, they know it’s an issue, but as I like to say, ‘look, it’s a legitimate issue,’” Clinton told MSNBC’s Alex Wagner earlier this week. “It’s a legitimate issue for [ex-President Donald] Trump who’s only three years younger, right? So it’s an issue.”
The former Democrat presidential nominee and secretary of state also said during Wednesday’s interview that it might be hard for Biden and Trump to connect with younger voters, the president should highlight his background as an “experienced” leader.
“I think Biden also should lean into the fact that he’s experienced and that experience is not just in the political arena,” she said. “It’s like, the stuff of, you know, human experience, character, wisdom.
“I think he should be willing to really pull that out … and I think he should kid more about it.”

A recent NBC News poll found that 76% of respondents said they’re concerned Biden, 81, is not mentally fit for a second term.

A blistering report from special counsel Robert Hur released Thursday assessed Biden as too senile to be prosecuted over his wrongful retention of classified documents.
It also said the commander-in-chief “did not remember when he was vice president” and “did not remember, even within several years, when his son Beau died” over two days of interviews in October.
Biden, however, lashed out at the description of his mental acuity at a rapidly arranged press conference later Thursday, insisting, “My memory is fine!” and “I know what the hell I’m doing!”
But he did mistakenly refer to the Egyptian President Abdel Fattah El-Sisi as the president of Mexico while speaking to reporters during the gathering.
She's correct, as usual.

The question for us is: how does it stack up against his opponent's various issues?

Reactions: Innsmuthbride
Upvote 0

A2SG

Gumby
Jun 17, 2008
Massachusetts
✟98,520.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Former First Lady Hillary Clinton said...
Wait, are you guys listening to what Hilary is saying now?

Wow, when did that happen?

-- A2SG, I take a little time off to get caught up on my reading and look what happens....

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Ceallaigh

May God be with you and bless you.
Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
✟607,980.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It all depends on the individual. Watching a video of Warren Buffet at 93 is like watching a video of him at 73. Others decline more rapidly. And Biden is declining. I think he's doing okay for a man his age who's retired, but not okay for president of the United States. If was Warren Buffet instead, then it wouldn't be an issue

Upvote 0

Ceallaigh

May God be with you and bless you.
Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
✟607,980.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
She's correct, as usual.

The question for us is: how does it stack up against his opponent's various issues?
I think for many that depends on if the opponent's issues equate to not being able to run the country better.

Upvote 0

A2SG

Gumby
Jun 17, 2008
Massachusetts
✟98,520.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
And Biden is declining. I think he's doing okay for a man his age who's retired, but not okay for president of the United States.
Well, if nothing else, at least we seem to have dispensed with the Biden as a Bond-villain level crime boss who has masterfully and skillfully hidden any and all traces of his criminal acts. I guess Hunter is supposed to be the mastermind of the vast criminal enterprise now.

-- A2SG, how is the impeachment investigation going, anyway? No one seems to be mentioning that any more, now that the cognitive decline narrative has taken hold...

Upvote 0

SimplyMe

Senior Veteran
Jul 19, 2003
the Great Basin
✟330,177.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well, if nothing else, at least we seem to have dispensed with the Biden as a Bond-villain level crime boss who has masterfully and skillfully hidden any and all traces of his criminal acts. I guess Hunter is supposed to be the mastermind of the vast criminal enterprise now.

-- A2SG, how is the impeachment investigation going, anyway? No one seems to be mentioning that any more, now that the cognitive decline narrative has taken hold...

I'm guessing that the idea of impeachment largely died when the House couldn't get the votes to impeach Mayorkas. So, since it looks unlikely that they'll be able to get the votes to impeach Biden, they are working the "cognitive decline" story, instead.

• Agree
Reactions: JustOneWay
Upvote 0

A2SG

Gumby
Jun 17, 2008
Massachusetts
✟98,520.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I'm guessing that the idea of impeachment largely died when the House couldn't get the votes to impeach Mayorkas. So, since it looks unlikely that they'll be able to get the votes to impeach Biden, they are working the "cognitive decline" story, instead.
Yeah, they keep throwing stuff at the wall to see what sticks.

I guess if the cognitive decline story doesn't track, or if President Biden is reelected come November, there'll be some new theory put forth. I don't know, he's an alien, maybe. Or the anti-christ. Or a Russian plant.

-- A2SG, heck, why not a Lithuanian plant...why does Russia get all the credit for evil machinations?

• Haha
Reactions: Vambram
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Landon Caeli

God is perfect - Nothing is an accident
Site Supporter
Jan 8, 2016
CA
✟572,954.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You think Hillary Clinton is in on all that? I doubt it.

Upvote 0